[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

21 Foot Rule

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

File: 1474474205807.gif (2MB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
1474474205807.gif
2MB, 420x315px
How am I supposed to defend myself against someone who's charging me with a knife?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_KJ1R2PCMM
>>
>>31409232
dodge? then worry about counter attack or fleeing?
>>
>>31409232
Prior awareness. Try a dry fire exercise with a friend rushing you and trying to land a slice before you draw and dry fire.
Youll be surprised.
>>
>>31409232
practice how to draw faster
>>
>>31409271
if you don't know it's coming, it'll be very hard to do that, unless you plan on drawing on any little thing that surprises you from now on
>>
>>31409232
>>31409271
This, these 'normal cops' are laughabley slow.
>>
Try to not get stabbed.

You're going to get messed up regardless hopefully they can stitch you up at least.
>>
Awareness, and if that fails you, practice your damn hand-to-hand.
A knife is honestly more of a liability than an advantage for the average idiot. Both the wielder and defender tend to focus on the weapon alone. If you know what you're doing and can discipline yourself to not fixate on it, it's really easy to disarm someone. Too many CC guys totally ignore hand-to-hand because "my gun will save me". Practice for all situations, dammit.

Of course, your best option is to just get the fuck our of Dodge. Avoid a fight when possible.
>>
>>31409282
Not really. Yes it's more difficult but it's pretty much what modern policing practises are.
Eyes on subjects hands, subject either rapidly moving hand or concealing hand promotes draw or at least hand on sidearm.
Like almost every defense scenario the person is what makes the difference.
>>
Charge in the opposite direction.
Alternatively, a quick front push kick and draw.
>>
>>31409256
Make sure not to kill your friend trying this
>>
>>31409318
I guess, if you are going to be a paranoid fuck for the rest of your life, automatically viewing anybody and everybody as someone you may need to draw on at any moment.
>>
>>31409381
They key is finding a balance. Be aware of when you're in a potentially dangerous neighborhood. And as shitty as it is, you kinda have to profile people. Recognize threats before they become threats, but don't sacrifice being a normal human being to do it.
>>
>>31409406
Profiling isn't that shitty of a thing to do. It's just smart.
If someone who looks and acts a certain way is 100x more likely to cause you harm, you better be watching them, not the other guy.
>>
>>31409369
or you could just, y'know use a wooden gun prop? or even an airshit pistol.
>>
>>31409232
Bayonet.
>>
>>31409232
At the last second, lean back casually to avoid the blade, keeping a wide grin on your face and only looking at the attacker from the corner of your eye. Dodge several more attacks nonchalantly, before finally teleporting behind him and with one swing of your blade, chop into thousands of pieces. Clear your throat and then continue your speech while your opponent disintegrates at the atomic level behind you.
>>
>>31409603
>get's stabbed
>"Flawless"
>>
It amazes me how many people on /k/ still just don't get that if someone wants to walk up and kill you they can. That they are, in fact, mortal and vulnerable regardless of being armed or not.
Accept your mortality.
>>
>>31409369
That's right, put a strip of scotch tape around the edge of the blade so you don't get cut and only use blanks for this
>>
>>31409868
bub some of us pratice awarenes look around you kid, i keep both eyes open and scan front side and behin in 10 second intervals and if anyone get inside my personal buble they are instantly watched stared down and at the sign of a threat they will be dealt with harshly i prome you you may want to kill me but you better be sniper and do it from a mile try to get up close and peronal and you will end very badly
>>
>>31409232
Exactly like the german police

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f37oOaW4ZFA
>>
>>31409232
>mention 21 foot rule in all these unarmed shootings
>>get called bootlicker

Offhand, all I can think of is to kick the attacker like how you would kick a door that is locked, which opens you up to losing balance.
>>
>>31409904

not sure if srs

Because I hope to god you aren't
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-326WnWwWE

What do you do when you have to defend against angry swiss army knife wielding canadians?
>>
>>31409232
I bet the Chinese have interesting ways to deal with knife attacks. I know the video is of a guy making a stand rather than a random attack but I still would bet Chink cops can deal with a spontaneous attack well

https://youtu.be/2rpakeDVx6E
>>
>>31409232
Challenge them to a duel, penis fencing only. As a matter of honor they will be compelled to accept your proposal.
>>
>>31409983
wrong video

https://youtu.be/dAO_VI9jNtU
>>
>>31409983
>>31409997

They're more used to dealing with knife attacks since guns are heavily controlled to the extent they don't trust many police with them.
>>
>>31409933
Thank god that is just comedy.
>>
>>31409958
Extend your baton from eight yards away?
>>
>>31409983
I love all these "in the US the vendor would be dead" comments. In the US they wouldn't be ripping down his signs to get attacked in the first place.
>>
>>31409232
Charge at them with a knife.
>>
>>31409911
Wow... you are so cool.
>>
>>31410358
not cool kiddo just some of us in the real world not in momma basement are on a diff level of prepare that most of you sheple dont never see, world is hard you gotta be harder
>>
>>31409232

Clearly always have a monkey-quick knife-armed asian with you as a first line of defense.
>>
>>31409911
fucking kek, this is now a cringe thread
>>
>>31409282
>>31409868

This, basically. If the guy sitting next to you on the subway or walking next to you in the crowd suddenly goes nuts and decides to get all stabby, you're getting all stabbed.

Most knife "fights" aren't fights, just a guy with a knife murdering someone he got close enough to. The whole point of a knife fight is that you don't have a chance - if you did, your attacker would have waited until later or picked a different victim.
>>
>>31410668
oh pi$$ off lumploaf
>>
>>31409904
10/10 advise
>>
>>31409232

Learn to fucking KICK.
Knock that fucker back.

Protip: if you jump while kicking you provide forward momentum and when he collides with your foot he's not going to knock you down also.

Now you have at least 1.5 seconds to draw and shoot. And he's conveniently right there at point blank range. If you miss now you might as well have shot yourself.
>>
>>31409232

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZD-A3utGlI

get this guy to train you
>>
This is going to sound strange to a board of westerners but I train iron shirt and golden arm techniques and unless the assailant is channeling MASSIVE amounts of chi through his blade, he may cut my clothing but he will not even scratch my skin. I will have plenty of time for a quick take down or dim mak strike to end it quickly.
>>
File: 1473868181660.jpg (27KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1473868181660.jpg
27KB, 500x373px
>>31410739
>pi$$ off lumploaf
>>
>>31409232
>how not to get stabbed
>uses footage of a commie getting stopped by a proud japanese youngling who saw the danger
Nah sorry mate I dont help commies.
>>
>>31410861
>when /a/ tries to into /k/
>>
>>31409232
Kick him in the fucking head jesus christ how daft are you people
>>
>>31410724

This is why its essential to react fast, if you've got a guy with a knife, struggle with him for it.

But dont try to use the knife directly - its the signature item to the situation so its what he will think you're fighting over.

You need to bite the shit out of him and try to slam him around and stuff. After some punishment, and it may give you the edge you need to get control of that knife.

But that isn't the end, thats just getting the upper hand.

>>31409282
You dont play many video games do you? One purpose of them, besides enjoyment, is to build reflexes and look for threats in common environments.

If someone walks into a public place and starts shooting, I instantly know where I need to go to find cover.

>>31409381
This is part of being a warrior. Its a way of life.

>>31409285
Other than the hand to hand and disarmament training the police get, they tend to be about average in terms of capabilities. Other than being on the lookout for bullshit, but thats not reaction speed thats just being paranoid (though given the job, its justified).

They also tend to shoot like crap too even though they get range time and free bullets. Half of /k/ can probably shoot better, and half of that can shoot better while shooting faster.
>>
>>31410861

Ive got a different technique along the lines of paranormal. Several defenses.

For one the attacker's mind will become cloudy, they may not be able to think straight. That is called Hesitation.

Second is foresight awareness.

This is like the kinda thing where if you tried to kill me in my sleep... turns out im half awake, somehow I woke up 5 minutes ago.

Its also limited precognition, you sense when something is coming. You can react to things faster than you're aware that they're happening.

Accidentally looks in the right direction to notice the sniper.

> Draws on dude suddenly before he even starts to rush, maybe he rushes out of frustration, maybe he gets spooky BTFOd.

Third... id say is sorta like just being really "lucky" but it actually is not luck, its an aura I exude for myself.

Could be termed spiritual protection but it that can turn a hit into a miss or a graze, and it guarantees you will not get proper shot placement on me.

In fact your well maintained gun may jam. Because it is nothing but a metal tool, inferior to my power.

...but we're talking about westerners who think this is /a/ type stuff.

> lives in illinois midwest, has paranormal abilities
>>
File: 1469651310287.jpg (3MB, 2500x1933px) Image search: [Google]
1469651310287.jpg
3MB, 2500x1933px
OP... This is where being physically fit and knowing how to fight comes into play.

If you study some form of useful martial arts you can sidestep, stiff arm, parry, block the most lethal stabs with your left arm and then draw and kill him with your right.
>>
HARDCORE FEELINGS
>>
>>31409911
There may not be a tougher individual in the entire world, and we get to read his thoughts right here for free.
>>
>>31409911
Fresh pasta
>>
>>31410814
Not a bad idea, friendo
>>
>>31411108
Well there isn't. Isn't it obvious? He is Pat Macnamara
>>
>>31409997
I think the first guy didn't have the wrong idea running, can't stab you if he can't get in range. If you keep an relatively equal distance from someone chasing you they will keep it up for a little while but they'll probably stop before they get tired if they notice they're losing even a few inches of ground but then you're in more of a speed and endurance contest doing that.
source: avoided a few ass whoopings from bigger people a couple times
>>
>>31409232
Mozambique drill seems to work pretty well on all humans unless they have a vest/plate. Then it's 3 to the head.
>>
>>31409232
Dodge and draw running away. Did you ever play tag in you life?
If you are fatty then die (draw defending yourself with weak hand).
>>
throw a huge straight right that connects with their jaw
>>
>>31410823
Man that fucking thing rickrolled me i saw that pop up at the end and was like "AW what the fuck?"
>>
>>31411857
hey ding dong, blue board bub , work safe only, watch the cussing
>>
>>31409911
That's right, bub!
>>
>>31411925
pi$$ off gobknuckle go trol another topic
>>
File: 1458596153894.png (302KB, 828x1403px) Image search: [Google]
1458596153894.png
302KB, 828x1403px
thanks /k/, i learned something today
>>
File: 490_5.jpg (137KB, 728x409px) Image search: [Google]
490_5.jpg
137KB, 728x409px
>>31409904
>>
>>31409232
>21 Foot Rule
Quote from http://www.usadojo.com/articles/21-feet-valid.htm
1. MISINTERPRETATION

"Unfortunately, some officers and apparently some trainers as well have ''streamlined'' the 21-Foot Rule in a way that gravely distorts its meaning and exposes them to highly undesirable legal consequences," Lewinski says. Namely, they have come to believe that the Rule means that a subject brandishing an edged weapon when positioned at any distance less than 21 feet from an officer can justifiably be shot.

For example, an article on the 21-Foot Rule in a highly respected LE magazine states in its opening sentence that "a suspect armed with an edged weapon and within twenty-one feet of a police officer presents a deadly threat." The "common knowledge" that "deadly force against him is justified" has long been "accepted in police and court circles," the article continues.

Statements like that, Lewinski says, "have led officers to believe that no matter what position they're in, even with their gun on target and their finger on the trigger, they are in extreme danger at 21 feet. They believe they don't have a chance of surviving unless they preempt the suspect by shooting.

However widespread that contaminated interpretation may be, it is NOT accurate. A suspect with a knife within 21 feet of an officer is POTENTIALLY a deadly threat. He does warrant getting your gun out and ready. But he cannot be considered an actual threat justifying deadly force until he takes the first overt action in furtherance of intention--like starting to rush or lunge toward the officer with intent to do harm. Even then there may be factors besides distance that influence a force decision.
>>
>>31409938
That might be because they were, as you note, 'unarmed'. The vaguest possibility that someone was armed could justify any citizen of the US to be shot. I mean, they COULD be armed.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.