[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, what does /k/ think of airsoft?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 14

File: maxresdefault.jpg (201KB, 1280x793px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
201KB, 1280x793px
So, what does /k/ think of airsoft?
>>
>>31406174
I don't
>>
I think you should fuck off.
>>
go ask /asp/
>>
>>31406174

It's fine, it's a game. Just like Call of Duty is a game, the mechanics and method of play do not correlate to real world combat. That doesn't make it bad, it just makes it a game.

>But muh small unit tactics!

No, a thin piece of plywood or a tree will protect you from airsoft pellets keeping you in the game. In the real world a rifle round from 300m would punch through a surprising amount of material and kill you. The ways in which teams in airsoft move and "fight" is different than the way infantry in actual combat move and fight.

The faggotry of wearing the most 1337 OPERATOR bullshit you can get is fine, that is just the uniform of the game.
>>
>>31406209
what about larperator stuff like http://milsimwest.com/
>>
>>31406174
It's fun
>>
>>31406185
FPBP
>>
>>31406227
A meme about roll racing comes to mind.

>it's not gay its fun
>>
>>31406219
people deep into that get a little too retarded and autistic, even for /k/. it looks like it would be fun with a big and well populated training area. like a big fucked up shopping center or abandoned town up in the middle of nowhere. but if they are anything remotely like the airshitters i have met, then fuck no, and take that shit to the /asg/ thread on /asp/

>>31406209
right on all of it. airsoft is its own weird as fuck autistic beast. just how those kids run up on people because FUCK THIS GAY AMBUSH, I'M GOING TO OPERATE!! would kill people if they tried it in the fucking A-Team.
>>
we all unilaterally love it just like ar15s which is the best rofle currently being made ill have you know
>>
>>31406219
Fun of your one of the guys shooting blanks
>>
I used to see airsoft only as an amusing game and a way to get fit while trying out your gear. Now I realize perhaps I should treat it a bit more seriously, as after viewing some army and marine simmuniton or "laser" training, I have come to realize that it's the SAAAAME FUCKING THIIING

Pretty awkward to be honest. Vets like to build themselves up, yet here they are, awkwardly arguing and stammering while playing fucking laser tag.
>>
>>31406174
They make good props
>>
>>31406174
It's fun, great way to hang with the friends and got me interested in getting some real funs. Also got connected to a reenactment group through it.
>>
I like to tinker with the guns, swap furniture, barrels, work on the internals, etc.

Never tried playing a game of it though.
>>
I'd probably play if it were legal in my country. Pelting kids and your m8s with BBs sounds like it'd be a giggle.

Wouldn't wear all the tactical shit though. Go lightweight to stay fast and agile.

I save the autistic operator dressups for when I'm at home in private.
>>
Dutch airsofter here. Play it frequently with my team.

Might aswell AMA.
>>
File: grown men playing dress up.jpg (278KB, 638x850px) Image search: [Google]
grown men playing dress up.jpg
278KB, 638x850px
I use airsoft as an excuse to dress up like a Wehrmacht soldier and shout orders in German.
>>
>>31406174

Never played it but I like watching the European ex-military sniper novritsch play it, looks quite fun if you're good at it.

https://www.youtube.com/user/novritsch
>>
>>31406174
I use to play it for shits and giggles, and to piss all the tactic oil gearqueers off. I would piss a great many people off because while they were decked out in the latest milspec camo trying to be stealthy and hidden my uniform of choice was a brightly colored clown suit complete with brightly colored wig an squeaky shoes.
>>
Tactics will greatly improve your game.
However there is a whole lot of queers out there who confuse their LARP persona with their real identities.
>>
>>31406840

how often do you take breaks to make cummies together?
>>
Its good for a fun afternoon with your buddies, just don't act like it makes you a real commando.
>>
>>31406174
It's pretty good at getting an ergonomic rifle and gear setup, and learning the layout without burning through live rounds, but other than that no real advantage
>>
>>31406174
Paintball is better

Although, I haven't played airsoft since I was 17 and in church. I've fucked around with them a bit since then tho, that's my opinion of where they belong: The "I'm fucking with you" category of play where you randomly unload on one of your buddies during a drinking night or something.
>>
File: 1473702349135.png (191KB, 929x937px) Image search: [Google]
1473702349135.png
191KB, 929x937px
>>31406777
Nice trips, praise kek
>>
>>31406974
That's awesome

Myyy niggga
>>
>>31406174
Airsoft discussion belongs on >>>/asp/, where it has always been discussed, it is not /k/ related
>>
>>31406174
It's a fine game with an awful community made up of mostly man-child cucks whos wives won't let them own guns
>>
>>31406174
Its fun as a sport and a good way to get in shape with your gear or practice technique if training, though i'd never be ignorant enough to pretend it comes close to the real thing.

Civy myself to I refrain from wearing any actual military patches, but I know some fucking cringelords who like to pretend they're captain america. Some people in the community give the rest a bad name with their antics and fantasies.
>>
>>31406974
>you guys are retarded
>they will be looking for soldiers.
>>
File: 1474217058311.png (155KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1474217058311.png
155KB, 500x375px
>>31406174
It belongs on /asp/

same thing as paintball.

concealment is not cover, sitting behind some plywood and wasting 400 rounds in 5 seconds will not teach you small unit tactics. everyone is a hero and you don't respawn.

it's a game, it can be fun

but it belongs on /asp/
>>
>>31406311
Can confirm, doing my first one and bringing blanks. The platoon I'm in on rusfor is full of the most autistic people I have ever seen. The location is the guardian center so that will be cool, and my squad is people from here, so at least that won't suck
>>31406336
Yep, can't wait
>>
>>31406174
Preface, neither I or my pal have played because it's a shit hobby that requires expensive fake guns.

I think it's entirely autistic;

He thinks it's ok and that he'd possibly play in the future.

I'm really into guns;

He's indifferent about looks but would like to own something like an AR.

So it really boils down to how much you like real guns, because the more real guns appeal to you, the less appealing playing operator with 12 year olds will be.
>>
>>31406174
Make-believe bullshit for manchildren
>>
>>31407251
>he wrote, on an image board dedicated to chinese cartoons.
>>
File: JOEY.png (928KB, 1271x717px) Image search: [Google]
JOEY.png
928KB, 1271x717px
Nerf is fun because people who play it never take it serious and everyone can join

Airsoft is bad because everyone that plays is a tryhard and what's to be operator with fucking plastic. Everyone takes it too serious.

>NERF OR NOTHING
>>
>>31406974
>an ironic clown doing airsoft while NEET faggots and underage autists all try to be tacticool
Please tell me you have pictures
>>
>>31406777
Explain further in detail why simmunition or laser training is the same as airsoft.
>>
>>31406174
airsoft is a game like call of duty and its not for /k
tryharders and operators ruin everything
i am a gaysofter myself
>>
>>31406174
/k/ as a whole hates it.

Take it for what it is, a game, and don't kid yourself that you're actually in a gunfight and it's actually fun.

Now that you're learned, go back to /asp/
>>
>>31407522
but it's actually fun
>>
>>31406185
Thanks Roark.
>>
File: image_1476-Denisovan.jpg (75KB, 580x609px) Image search: [Google]
image_1476-Denisovan.jpg
75KB, 580x609px
All the airshit talk aside it is a good way to keep in shape and keep your skills sharp for close-range engagements if you're not playing with a bunch of fifteen-year-olds remember the paper Target doesn't shoot back or move or have a sentient mind
>>
>>31408621
Shit, wrong board.
>>
It's fun, the exercise is good, it's a great way to get comfortable with your gear, can be used as small unit training with your buddies, helps you get a good eye for detail, looking for people in camo and whatnot. A lot of operator wannabes think it's stupid, despite the fact that the biggest events are run by vets, aka actual operators, not just neckbeards who put on multicam and a plate carrier to go to the range.

Yeah, faggots who act like they're "real operators" because they play AS are retarded, but as a whole the game itself is good fun, and good prep in a multitude of ways.
>>
File: image.png (3MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3MB, 1242x2208px
>>
>>31408725
I like to pretend this is fake. Don't prove otherwise
>>
>>31408725
kek'd
>>
File: what the fuck.png (40KB, 189x207px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck.png
40KB, 189x207px
>>31406933
>that obergefreiter patch
>>
>>31408931
What about it?
>>
>be me and buddy
>both browse /k/ for a few years
>freshman year of college, get idea to build rhodie kits
>because short shorts on a field filled with misplaced testosterone and pubescent hormones is a hilarious thought
>go to field innashortshorts
>get drunk before we play, put on literally the worst rhodesian accents
>little kid maybe 10-12 years old makes generic "ur shorts r gay" comment
>look at him dead in the eye
>"If me shorts were any shorter you'd see the tip of me dick m8"
>kid wtfs, I shoot him from behind maybe like 3 feet away literally the next game we played

This is why airsoft is fun. Its literally shitposting on /k/ but in the real world. Wish I could go back to days of such 'tism.
>>
>>31406174
It's good to tide you over until you are 18 and can spend that time at the range. But It also teaches bad weapon handling habits. When I was young I had a creek in my backyard so I had some fun doing some jungle warfare with friends, then I moved to a place that had a decent field and and had a friend that let me borrow his air soft guns and had some fun going there a couple times. but now I go to the range like an adult.
>>
File: PFC ANON.png (531KB, 390x553px) Image search: [Google]
PFC ANON.png
531KB, 390x553px
>>31406209

This is absolutely correct.

It can be a really fun game to play. I enjoy it myself. Outside, running around in the woods, exercise, socialize, drink beers between matches... my friends and I have a blast playing airsoft.

If you take it seriously though, you are an autistic sperg.
>>
>>31409289

>If you take it seriously though, you are an autistic sperg.

This.

It's like...you take a COD character, then add an annoying, in-your-face attitude and complete lack of skills which is not to be talked about.

Like you said, the only thing you can hate about airsoft is the (certain percentage of) players...
>>
>>31409222
Lmao this is how you do it
>>
File: image.jpg (99KB, 428x457px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99KB, 428x457px
>>31409222
Certainly a good day of bblarp m8

Pic related is the only one I have on my phone from that day do you have any other pix from it on your phone?
>>
>>31407233
That's why you play magfed. You have to worry about ammo and shot placement. That doesn't address the issue of cover. But it makes it a little bit more tacticool
>>
>>31407240
milsim west is going to be rad, fuck the autistic tryhards
>>
>>31408725
>>31408745
this was lionclaws, so not not fake. lion claws is literally the most cancerous shit ever.
>>
>>31406938
....you...you're serious aren't you?
>>
>>31406209
We train with airsoft guns, they're so much fun that we like to use them outside of training to ambush eachother.

Its not like MILES gear or Simunitions can punch through wood anyway and provide any advantages apart from range in the case of MILES. Its not like you can cheat at miles by using a mirror.

Not to mention its better for CQC/B since its safer.

For CQB it works just fine, helps build up reaction time ect.
>>
>>31407247
just use your real guns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBkDLMrj71Q
>>
>>31406174
fun
>>
>>31410126
wut
>>
File: cereal_operator.jpg (64KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
cereal_operator.jpg
64KB, 540x960px
>>
>>31409722
This.
I did that but FMJ style
>got a mostly effective Nam setup
>sans shirt
>Old as fuck portable stereo
>just played credence Clearwater and procol Harum on loops
>the alpha of the group was questionable, didn't really like it since I wasn't "in uniform"(multihue)
>carried the team the entire time with adequate suppression
>big Boss softens up, tells me to rush B
>queue up Mickey mouse clubhouse anthem
>round starts, everyone waits for my cue
>"WHO'S THE LEADER OF THE CLUB THAT'S MADE FOR YOU AND ME!? M-I-C K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E"
>other team wtfs
>adequate suppressive fire ensues
>nobody will poke their head up
>because the enemy bases walls were essentially pvc pipe and trash bags, they were mostly on the ground trying to burrow into the sand like cute little mice
>"YOUR MOVE, LAWMAN"
>my team finally does their job
>eventually I get shot

Spent the rest of that game sitting on the shore with some Ranier in a .50 BMG box made ice chest and listening to some fat kid bitch about getting sand in his vest.
>>
>>31409970
Flandre you have caveman hands, but I still like you more than mugi chan
>>
>>31406933
Samsies
>>
>>31407307
So like /k/ when they play dress up thinking they are gonna be tacticool opera80r or cheeki breeki stalker?
>>
>>31407522
>/k/ as a whole

Fuck off with that shit nigger
>>
>>31409063
It's off center and ill tailored
>>
>>31413443
Looks like it's just how the sleeve folds to me, but I could be wrong.
>>
>>31406174
you mean airshit
>>
>>31406174
You spelled
>airshit
Wrong.
>>
>>31409222
>>31409281
>>31409289
>>31411878
>>31408657
This is how it's supposed to be done. Treat airshit like a shitpost, and actually piss off tactikiddies™ with their tryhard gear, and it can be a good time,
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.