[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One handed training vs Two handed training

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 16

File: onehanded.jpg (28KB, 598x176px) Image search: [Google]
onehanded.jpg
28KB, 598x176px
Hi /K/ommandos,

So last night was the first time I had to use my firearm to protect myself, as I pulled into my driveway a car blocked me in as I got out to open the gate, my driveway is a pipe that goes to the unit behind so its pretty far up and has little to no view of the street.

>I am pretty vigilant as this is a common occurrence in South Africa so I always carry
>ohshitnigga.gif when a BMW with 3 cultural enrichments pull in screeching and screaming in their unintelligible boogaloo mudspeak
>I draw and fire 13 rounds without managing to hit anything but pavement and walls. But like the scavengers they are they flee into the night at the first sign of resistance

I only realized about 5 hours later that the entire confrontation lasted about 6 seconds and that every single round I fired was 1 handed while I was running to put my car between myself and them.

I shoot SADPA (South African Defensive Pistol Association) competitively and train with about 200 rounds a week to stay as fresh as possible.

Would it be worth it to train one handed or just smack the basic 2 handed isoc stance with more practice ?
>>
>>31394939
Is it true that some cars have anti-theft flamethrowers?
>>
>>31394939
>Would it be worth it to train one handed or just smack the basic 2 handed isoc stance with more practice?

Sometimes you don't have the time to get into that perfect shooting position. Practice for all scenarios. One handed, offhanded, both eyes open, everything.
>>
>>31394939
you should learn to shoot one handed. it shouldnt be your default stance but you should know how if you have to
>>
>>31394959
It was marketed but made illegal as you cannot give a warning before hand. Crazy I know how cool would that have been. Being said I have seen cars with it but never seen it used.
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 750x551px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 750x551px
>3 cultural enrichments pull in screeching and screaming in their unintelligible boogaloo mudspeak
>>
>>31395004
>>31395010
There is a measure of one handed and off hand shooting that you shoot in the IDPA events, I often practice shooting one handed and off hand but not nearly as much as the default two handed. I'll have to ration out some more time and equal train everything.
>>
>>31395022
That sucks.
>>
>>31395132
It does, there was also a project where the driver seat was rigged with 12g birdshot and if you didn't trigger the immobilizer you would received thighs full of justice.
>>
>>31395164
I was told an old family friend from before I was born created a device like that. Basically a shotgun shell mine. He was going to New York and car jackers were common there so he created that thing and some unlucky guy got shot up the ass and it killed him. Sadly, I was told the guy who made the mine thing went to jail.
>>
>>31395187
Seems like its a pretty common solution to murder the fuck out of people that want to steal shit.
>>
>>31394939
I think you did good all things considered. You reacted in the heat of the moment smartly my trying to move for cover. Hindsight is 20/20. Keep practicing and you'll be fine.
>>
check out some of the point shooting stuff from decades ago

modern pistol shooting is the best we have for a stand-up pistol fight but situations vary. wounded arm, driving, etc.

I'd suggest staying well practiced with isoc/weaver whatever the cool kids do these days and train oddball stuff with a minority of your rounds. one-hand, off-hand, shooting while running. I'd like to try shooting from a vehicle drills because it seems to me that getting in/out of a car is a vulnerable moment.

I'm jealous of SA's gun laws, I can't carry my handguns. On the other hand, you guys need to carry a lot more than I do.

glad you survived. stay vigilant.
>>
>>31394939
One handed when your other hand is occupied in an emergency, weaver else
>>
>>31395269
The first thing I did when I realized what was happening was shit my pants. The second was to tear my shirt to ribbons trying to get my carry out of the holster. I am glad there was a measure of reacting but its far from the ideal hence the question about training for one handed reaction (un-holstering, cocking etc.) . But you are right, hind sight is 20/20.
>>31395237
We are a little restricted here to only carry hand guns for self defense but the laws do allow you to defend yourself with whatever you have available at the time, meaning if you have an AR or something you are fully justified in using it as long as you didn't have your licensed carry. which is nice.
>>
>>31395309
quoted posts should be the other way around kek
>>
>>31394939
>Check the scene in the morning
>They've returned to scavenge the brass and dug the bullets out of the walls
>>
>>31395343
Actually that was the police, but here they are one and the same.
>>
>>31395309
My father in law shot a cultural enricher climbing over his fence with a hunting bow a few years ago, since that they never had a problem with intruders. Also no legal consequences for him, although he used a tip for Wildebees. Joburg btw
>>
>>31395343
>tfw some botanicas near me use the brass from drive bys in rituals and protective charms
It's kind of funny how little cops give a shit in New Orleans, would be tempted to buy a trinket but it's balls expensive. And heresy.
>>
>>31395376
Hahahaha thats amazing.
>>
>>31394939
Fuck. 13 rounds and you didn't get one kaffir? goddam. At least you survived. Enjoy link, some of SA finest cleaning up the streets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcDQx1CuzVA
>>
>>31395389
It is, but I wish it had somehow convinced him to get a gun. But other than normal people who have like a shotgun next to their bad, he has his hunting bow. Crazy Afrikaners
>>
>>31395422
So fucking badass
>>
File: 1463371192854.gif (4MB, 309x265px)
1463371192854.gif
4MB, 309x265px
I primarily train one handed shooting with both arms.

I don't expect to always have 100% motor function in both arms, nor that both arms will be able to hold my gun.
Was raised on Weaver however, so my bases are covered i suppose.

Unrelated, Whats the laws like in South Africa?
>>
File: youokayforroundeye.gif (1MB, 386x286px) Image search: [Google]
youokayforroundeye.gif
1MB, 386x286px
>cultural enrichments pull in screeching and screaming in their unintelligible boogaloo mudspeak
>>
>>31395422
I am pissed as well, I got some into the car as well, I just did another round about in the driveway and I see some glass that looks like headlight shards. the fucking thing is I was so scared that BLAM BLAM BLAM was all that went through my mind.
>>
>>31395436
Yeah it seems a little irresponsible to have a bow because you miss once and they panga his ass to death.
>>
>>31395385
>heresy

Sounds like some cult offshoot of Nex Alea
>>
>>31395560
protip, you go to hell if you play with magic.
>>
>>31395466
SA gun laws goes as follows:
1.) Get training certificates from LGS (basically saying you know the law and category proficiency there are 3 categories pistol, manual rifle/shotgun, self loading rifles)
2.) purchase firearm of choice from LGS and obtain documentation from LGS
3.) Complete motivation for choice (self defense , hunting, sport shooting etc)
4.) hand in paperwork at police station for competency and license
5.) wait for useless police procedures
6.) get license pickup fire arm from LGS

Thats the basic outline.

We have actually great gun laws its just a shit ton of paper work to go through but its mostly to discourage people that just want a quick solution to a quick problem.
>>
>>31395553
He's kinda unlikely to miss, he trains bow hunting. But yeah, that's why I hoped he would buy a gun
>>
>>31395546
It makes sense, anon. Did shit speed up or slow down Max Payne style when shit was happening? Thank fuck you were carrying, could've gone a lot worse as you are well aware of.
>>
>>31395600
Thats a funny one to answer, when I saw the headlights and heard them get out and scream it was slow as hell when I started firing it got to normal speed but it felt like my eyes were open the widest they had ever been in my life and kinda made it hard to focus on one thing in particular. And my heart was in my ass pumping out poo. I shivered a shit load as I sat behind the hood of my car which I guess is the adrenaline.
>>
>>31395595
I guess he has proved himself in one situation already, I wouldn't trust my life with a weapon that effectively only gives you one attempt. I would imagine it has to be really confusing to see a boogaloo with an arrow coming out his chest as the police arrives.
>>
File: ogaluga bombom.png (365KB, 550x782px) Image search: [Google]
ogaluga bombom.png
365KB, 550x782px
>>31395653
>see a boogaloo with an arrow coming out his chest as the police arrives.
while hanging in the barbed wire of the fence

I also don't understand the decision, but it's pretty badass and a 2,10m big white man with a bow screaming at you in Afrikaans might be enough to frighten the most boogaloos
>>
File: 1462758496559.png (783KB, 2093x608px) Image search: [Google]
1462758496559.png
783KB, 2093x608px
>>31395712
Indeed what I realized last night was that they only pick on the weak, the moment they saw me move and raise "something" at them they started to bolt, I hopefully won't need to do it again anytime soon but now I know something about the situation.
>>
>>31395741
I have that feeling too, the dangerous armed ones, are more likely to try to rob a bank or some shop.
I hope that they won'T come back for you, they are like hyaenas, if you scare them they run away. But some come back with the pack.
>>
>>31395565
But mah card tricks
>>
>>31395786
Its all I can think about at the moment is that tonight they are coming back but this time they are getting out and immediately start shooting at me. fuck this place kek.
>>
>>31395831
I hope your fence is high, the bars on your door and windows are locked and your shotgun near.
But I think the ones that come back are like 1%
>>
File: tn_er.jpg (35KB, 550x420px) Image search: [Google]
tn_er.jpg
35KB, 550x420px
>>31395831
This time you finish them off, anon. You do the job, it's SA, you'll be fine. Go Special Task Force on their ass.
>>
>>31395831
Load up.
Call the cops and inform them you think this'll happen tonight, they might send you help, and if you tell them you know it's going to happen and are prepared to defend yourself maybe they wont crack down on you if you blow a handful of thugs' brains out
>>
File: welcometohell.gif (1MB, 316x195px) Image search: [Google]
welcometohell.gif
1MB, 316x195px
>>31395887
>>31395866
>>31395862
I don't want to sound like South Africa is a shit place to live (it is and it isn't at the same time) but after firing 13 rounds and calling the police 3 times before they answered they only showed up 2 and a half hours later. If I call them and say I am scared they would most likely put the phone down in my ear.

I'll let /k/ now whether I have been baptized in fire or have a few extra holes in me tomorrow.
>>
>>31395903
>I'll let /k/ now whether I have been baptized in fire or have a few extra holes in me tomorrow.
mfw. Also OP, stats on your gun?
>>
>>31395903
know*
>>
File: 7683079.jpg (103KB, 775x719px) Image search: [Google]
7683079.jpg
103KB, 775x719px
>>31395903
I believe in you and only hope the best happens.
>>
File: 1459830006627.jpg (250KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1459830006627.jpg
250KB, 640x960px
>>31395906
Glock 17 gen 4 - hand loaded hornady 124gr xtp. I am not a manlet 1.9m 93kg so the g17 fits nicely.
>>
File: BSx13gWCAAAyuFd.jpg (77KB, 599x820px) Image search: [Google]
BSx13gWCAAAyuFd.jpg
77KB, 599x820px
>>31395929
Nice choice, SAbro. I have a 19/26 myself. Would like to soon get a 30. Like the other anon said hope the best happens. Good luck.
>>
>>31394939
you shoot competitively but don't train strong hand/weak hand ?

cmon man that's important for self defense
>>
>>31395903
SA is a really nice place, but the amount of nice people is far too low. I'd like to work there, but my fiancee hates her county and doesn't want to go back
>>
>>31395929
I use the same bullets, what powder?
I'm using hs6 right now
>>
>>31395010
This. Im pretty decent ine handed now with practice but 2 is better. One handed does give a better point and snap.

In either case, its all about proper grip, trigger control, and timing your shots.
>>
>>31395385
ayyy 504 bro
>>
Read about point shooting and shit. You finally learned the sight picture meme.

http://www.pointshooting.com/faschap.htm
>>
>>31394939
train like this.

http://www.he-sa.at/index.php/galerie/video

This guy is from SF and trains special police and Bodyguards for situations like above.
>>
I mean hindsight is 20/20 but why did you move towards your car?
Cars don't provide cover, actually they have been found to be "bullet magnets". I don't have the source right now and never been in a situation like that, but you should have engaged two-handed or sprinted to hard cover as fast as possible.
>>
>>31396383
Engine is still cover and the body is still concealment.
>>
>>31396420
This

And even if you get a few pass throughs, the energy has dissipated enough that it wouldn't be so much an issue (minor damage/penetration) unless you're getting struck with higher calibers.
>>
>>31396420
I don't know what kind of car it was but modern engines aren't exactly cover.
Also the thugs knew his position at which point concealment becomes a moot point.
>>31396430
If higher calibers is anything over .22lr then sure.

Point being behind a car is not a position you want to engage in a gunfight from. I don't even know why I am replying, believe what you want. Look it up or don't. It's your life after all.
>>
>>31396607
If you think some shitty nigger pistol is gonna shoot through an engine, you're probably retarded.
>>
>>31396631
http://www.theboxotruth.com/the-buick-o-truth-7-engine/

Keep in mind this is a much more robustly built car. Modern cars have much lighter/thinner components.
If you are going to sacrifice firepower for mobility, move to proper cover is all I'm saying.
>>
>>31394939

I think your best training adaptation would be to train under stress, to help you manage your physical signs of panic. Exercise before shooting so your musles are cramped and shaky, incorporate screaming/war sounds in your headphones. If you can stay calmer in such a situation your training will be more helpful.

Another thing you should do is carry more ammo. If you're going to magdump like crazy, be ready with that reload when you get your shit together again.
>>
>>31394939
>Would it be worth it to train one handed or just smack the basic 2 handed isoc stance with more practice ?
Do airsoft force on force. (airsoft isn't banned in SA, right?)
>>
>>31394939
train shooting one handed, shooting while moving and shooting with your non-dominant hand. Training is the only Advantage you have over them.
>>
>>31395565
You don't really believe that do you?
>>
>>31395637
That's your natural defense instincts. Shit slows down so you can identify targets, then once you take action your field of view widens for greater spatial awareness as you can't hear.
>>
>>31394939
If you instinctively and naturally shoot one-handed, then you must train one-handed.
>"forcing" yourself to go two-handed via training will only waste time -- many weeks now in training, many seconds later during the confrontation and many years after that you would've lived to enjoy if you'd only trained one-handed so you could survive your last gunfite.
>>
>>31394939
OP get a good book on dry fire and start a consistent routine to go with your weekly practice. Twenty min a day on draw/sight picture/movement will improve you immensely. I know lots of people talk about "gamer shit" and "real life", but the goal is to develop your skill level to the point that things happen smoothly and quickly with unconscious action, the kind you just experienced.

Anyone who does PSD will tell you that a target is most vulnerable when they are in transit, and the most vulnerable times of transit are the beginning and the end - entry and exit.

How does one protect against this?

Awareness - they probably either followed you to your driveway, or were waiting in a location to see you pull up. As you approach your house, really start paying attention to things around you. How long has that car been behind you? how many people are in it? How many turns has it followed you on? Are there any people sitting in cars on the street? Etc.

The second step is to gameplan - to imagine possible scenarios and anticipate your actions. If x does y, what do I do? You're essentially taking the Orient and Decide out of the OODA loop. If you observe X you go straight to Y. Focus especially on your leaving/arriving practices. What happens next time a car blocks you in? Do a few dry runs if you can, all the way to calling the police (or friends/family) or anticipating medical aid.

Action beats reaction. I'd have my hand on my gun and my head on a swivel every time I got in or out of my car from now on. Nothing's faster than that.

There's an excellent book called "Escaping the Wolf" that goes into all of this in depth I highly recommend.
>>
>>31395022
>cannot give a warning before hand.
BS. Just have a loudspeaker shout, "PREPARE TO FLAMBE!" a split second before bbq.
>>
>>31394939
>3 cultural enrichments pull in screeching and screaming in their unintelligible boogaloo mudspeak

Kek'd hard
>>
>>31395831
isnt ammunition pretty expensive in SA? niggers cant afford that
>>
File: 1457977513358.jpg (71KB, 628x676px) Image search: [Google]
1457977513358.jpg
71KB, 628x676px
its night now in SA, I´m curious if we hear from OP again...
>>
>>31399630
>Night
Its 21h30
>>
>>31399650
niggers are nocturnal, the awake during Tusk and leave their holes
>>
>>31399680
kek, but you will have to wait a few days. They will need some time to man up and search for a guy with a gun. SA niggers are pretty coward and will mostly come in groups
>>
>>31399733
I imagine them like the baboons over there.
when I shot one they ran in all directions but were bravely back to scream at the farm during night
>>
>>31399868
exactly that, they come when you don't see them, from behind your back and then they will not attack you but your wife.
>>
File: IMG_6017.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6017.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
>>31399920
also both have only use as Bait for Hyenas
>>
>>31400076
oh, they are also good for gold or diamond mines
>>
File: 1464446074867.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1464446074867.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>31400265
this
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.