[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knife Carriage Advice or defence for in a nanny state?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: imgres16.jpg (16KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
imgres16.jpg
16KB, 225x225px
Which one is best to have on you? I have some EDC folding knives. Also pepper spray/mace is illegal including to buy and can land you straight in prison very fast if you are caught having any on you. Laser pointers too and its not considered a legitimate reason to apply for a license if its just self defence nor carry anything?

"The Summary Offences Act 1998 makes it an offence for a person to have custody of a knife in a public place without reasonable excuse. The Act specifies a number of reasonable excuses for having custody of a knife. Under the Act it is a reasonable excuse for a person to have custody of a knife, if the custody is reasonably necessary in all circumstances including:
- lawful pursuit of the person's occupation
- preparation or consumption of food or drink
- participation in a lawful entertainment, recreation or sport
or during travel to or from or incidental to these activities."
>>
>>31385056
The best knife is the sharpest one you have, which you should be comfortable using. Also, your state defines what a reasonable cause for carrying a knife, but check to see what it defines as a knife. Some states exempt anything below a certain length.
On top of that, I do pretty much all those things every day, which means I should always have an affirmative defense, legally speaking
>>
Spyderco PM2 or Benchmade Osborne 940 for folders.
Im looking for a fixed blade edc that can be carried horizontally, any suggestions
>>
File: family_photo.jpg (846KB, 2535x1901px) Image search: [Google]
family_photo.jpg
846KB, 2535x1901px
>>31385107
CRKT Sting. Kydex sheath is great, straps to carry horizontally (for vertical carry they're garbage).
If you don't like the straps, its not hard to epoxy on a belt clip to the sheath
>>
>>31385172
Is it like most crkt and use garbage tier steel?
>>
i carry a sog fielder and a leatherman, never heard about any laws about carrying knives
i don't use it to stab people, so it should be fine
>>
>>31385202
It's okay! Humans are so fragile with their organs. One stab to the goo and PTTTTBBBB!!
>>
Carrying a knife for SD is stupid.

I dont care how hard or tough you think you are, youre not rolling with someone who feeds and clothes themselves through crime.

He's going to take your knife from you after you superficially stab him and then make you eat it.

Get a kubotan. Just as pain inducing and wont be used to cut your face off if you fail to get away.

Also legal and no one suspects it as a weapon.
>>
>>31386161
>Carrying a knife for SD is stupid.
it's not just for SD
>I dont care how hard or tough you think you are, youre not rolling with someone who feeds and clothes themselves through crime.
carrying a knife isn't about thinking you're tough, the same way a gun isn't "compensating for something"
>He's going to take your knife from you after you superficially stab him and then make you eat it.
stabbing people hurts them anon, and can be very effective at protecting yourself
>Get a kubotan. Just as pain inducing and wont be used to cut your face off if you fail to get away.
a buttplug isn't nearly as effective as a knife, and you can scare someone away with a knife much easier (as you said in your post), right here
>Also legal and no one suspects it as a weapon.
>>
>>31385056
Knives are shit for self defense. Period.

You have three options:

1. emigrate to a country that a) allows cc:ing firearms or b) applies lenient sentencing for firearms offenders.

2. Carry a concealed pistol without legal authorization and face the consequences if you ever get caught red handed.

3. DonĀ“t carry anything. When confronted by a violent person, simultaneously run for your life, call the police and pray to G*d.
>>
>>31385056
>Living in Shitpostia
This was your first mistake.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.