[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /k/ think of Flecktarn? Yay or nay?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (151KB, 736x581px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151KB, 736x581px
What does /k/ think of Flecktarn? Yay or nay?
>>
we have a general for this
>>
>>31384926
Yes, it's a good camo. Now fuck off.
>>
File: Bundeswehr-AT-flecktarn.jpg (1MB, 1752x1088px) Image search: [Google]
Bundeswehr-AT-flecktarn.jpg
1MB, 1752x1088px
>>31384926
Outdated and under-performing compared to modern patterns. One of the best 20th century milsurp patterns.
>>
>>31384956
>we have a general for this

But maybe he actually wants to discuss camo.
>>
>>31384926
Flecktarn is the fedora of camo.
>>
File: 5MdOvJH.jpg (878KB, 2543x1684px) Image search: [Google]
5MdOvJH.jpg
878KB, 2543x1684px
Well, it depends alot. Anyone arguing the most effective camo will post pictures taken in the perfect environment, while whoever is arguing the opposite will post pictures taken in the worst possible environment.
I like the Swedish M90 pattern. Probably because I like bigger "spots" of color. Also I think it looks good.
>>
>>31385171
I wear that cammo all day long and I still think it looks cool.
>>
>>31385067
what are the modern patterns
>>
>>31384956
>autismsurpgeneral
What does jerking each other off over buying $500 camo made in a dozen uniform lot by some African shithole that no one can find on a map have to do with Flecktarn?
>>
>>31385191
Not him, but if you're talking about woodland ones there's multicam tropic, penncott greenzone, atacs fg, marpat woodland, etc.
>>
File: 1428705785093.jpg (2MB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1428705785093.jpg
2MB, 2048x1365px
>>31384926
works well in its intended environment, surprisingly well here in the north, and looks nice IMO. Also checked my surplus uniform with a Gen-1 NVG + IR illuminator, and it did not lit up all white like some yank woodland gear.
>>
Nay, Kyle
>>
/k/ used to REALLY like it but it got too popular and the pendulum swung back the other direction.
>>
>>31385321
>and it did not lit up all white like some yank
It was washed with detergents. Every uniform will do this.
>>
>>31385321
That's because it was Gen 1, poorfag
>>
>>31384926

Personally I think it's a great pattern and I've used it a lot some years ago in my airshit days. I've been quite impressed with how well it works.

I also think i'ts far more a e s t h e t i c than many other patterns.
>>
File: NauLIGV.jpg (993KB, 2477x1858px) Image search: [Google]
NauLIGV.jpg
993KB, 2477x1858px
It's a legitimately solid pattern, but its cheapness and availability has led to its effectiveness being elevated to meme status by poorfags on the internet.

It's basically the nugget of camos
>>
>>31385083
>>31385212
This. It's disgusting what surplus camo general has morphed into .

They're more like gear queer thread rejects now considering they mainly jack off to modern currently issued gear they will never use from shitholes nobody can find on a map. It's literally a pointless general.
>>
>>31384926
still the best camo for temperate climate zone woodlands to this day
>>
>>31384926
At first I was
>Fuck yeah Flecktarn

But after actually having it
>Meh, Flecktarn

MARPAT &/or M97 Woodland works better for my area.
>>
>>31386425
Geography matters
>>
File: tropen6br604[1].jpg (98KB, 750x509px)
tropen6br604[1].jpg
98KB, 750x509px
>>31384926
What sucks about Flecktarn is that the appearance of it varies immensely. The Bundeswehr has contracted multiple different companies to print the uniforms and in addition has recolored and tweaked the pattern at various points throughout its service life.

Most of the time the pattern is too dark. Much like most old woodland uniforms. A friend of mine who is in the Bundeswehr has said that they are looking at testing new patterns or colorations.
>>
>>31386796
Can't be as bad as the quality of CADPAT uniforms. I swear they change the coloring materials used for each new cut since they all react differently to sun exposure.

>tunic cut 1 fades so much it's almost transparent after 2 weeks in the field
>tunic cut 2 has the green start turning yellow after 3 months
>pants either fade to transparency or the brown starts turning orange after a year
>>
>>31385083
>>31386364
hello samefag
>>
>>31387622
Well if you're interested in selling any of your decent kit, email me.

[email protected]
>>
>>31388349
RCMP plz go.
>>
>>31386796

This.

I just bought my first flecktarn parka, and was really uneasy about what I'd get. I lucked out and got a 1999 made that looks exactly how I hoped it would. Some pics of the "new unissued" ones looked too dark on the sites I was looking, like too black/green, but then some of the older ones looked way too light and orange to be useful to me
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.