[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any WW2-era german weapons that use .22?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 20160919_101740.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160919_101740.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
sup /k/,

i know very little about firearms, so i thought this was the place to go to.
found a .22 bullet while going through some stuff of my deceased grandpa. neither my gramps nor my dad own any guns to my knowledge, so i thought it may be a keepsake from his days in the Waffen-SS. Hence the question in the subject.

pic related

have a nice day
>>
>>31383931

expose it to jewry and you will find out if the bullet contains magickal hitlerism
>>
>>31383931
>super x
Yep, that was some wonder weapon top secret shit. You should contact a museum and offer to sell it.
>>
I think Mauser made a .22 training rifle during WW2, so there's that.
>>
File: 1296462314438.jpg (181KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1296462314438.jpg
181KB, 600x450px
>>31383941
>>
>>31383931
Your knowledge is wrong. Thats just a generic .22 round.
>>
>>31383961
Oh, just opened the picture. Yeah, that's just a regular old Winchester Super X .22lr.
>>
>>31383967
okay. thanks for clearing that up! gonna have a talk with my dad
>>
there have been Walther PP pistols in circulation that used .22
>>
File: Walther_GSP_-_right.jpg (306KB, 1000x587px) Image search: [Google]
Walther_GSP_-_right.jpg
306KB, 1000x587px
>>31383931
OP, the .22LR was used in a rare prototype pistol made by Walther towards the end of the war. Only a few examples were issued to elite units towards the end of the war. The Reich surrendered before the model could go into production, but reports indicate that it was unequaled for executing traitors, due to the .22's unique properties, such as low recoil and the slug bouncing around inside the enemy's skull.

Only one of the prototype weapons is known to exist, and is on display to the general public at an unnamed DoD munitions blacksite. Unfortunately the men of the SS units involved in the development began to hoard the special .22 ammo compulsively, leading to such a massive supply that the rounds are practically worthless as a collectible. Tough luck, kid.
>>
>>31383931
> Days in the Waffen SS
Elaborate.
>>
They did have a bunch of .22 trainer rifles modeled after the K98 IIRC.
>>
>>31383931
Hitler youth trainer rifles, like the KKW or the dsm 34 ( I love mine)
>>
there were a plethora of trainers made before and during WWII. The progressively become more and more similar to the k98. One of the more purpose built setups that would be the erma 22lr conversion for the 98k

super x is super nazi ammo used to shoot jews
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.