[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun Shows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 369297_1_47_020311_022453.jpg (95KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
369297_1_47_020311_022453.jpg
95KB, 768x576px
Do you go to gun shows? What do you like about them or not like about them? Do you find good deals there?

I've been to a couple, both pretty small. I plan on going to the Tanner Gun Show in Denver this upcoming weekend. Anyone else going to be there? I hear this one is much bigger than the couple I've been to.

I'm considering picking up an M9 if I can find one. Although the Jericho 941 keeps calling out to me.
>>
I occassionally go to the gun shows in new York to remind myself any self proclaimed 3%ers are full of shit since "Leo only" tables are a thing and nobody did jack shit about it and that blue line cucks will always find a mental gymnastic around the principle
>>
>>31384035
Fight the good fight
>>31383795
Used to go as a kid, avoid them now because they're a honey pot for old dudes making money through muh loophole
>>
>>31383795
> Not using the gun show loophole to snag assault rifles for less than $200 each
> Not using the gun show loophole to buy 20mm anti tank rifles and shoot down police helicopters for shits and giggles
> Not killing babies with your shoulder thing that goes up
>>
>>31383795
Gun shows are normally over priced. You can find some good deals and rare nuggets. But as a standard protocol gun show are just to look at a bunch of cool shit in person.

P.S. If you can find people walking around selling stuff(not vendors). You can get some good deals but supper sketchy.
>>
>>31383795
no M9, its a terd, thats coming from someone who both owns one and is issued one in the army

>>31384035
thats why I left. fuck that state. Ill go be awesome elsewhere. also now I have a healthy collection of SBRs, SBSs and suppressors.

>>31384070
this
>>
>>31383795
Ayyy I too was thinking about going to the tanner gun show
>>
>>31384048
>>31384082
There is no good fight

People here have too much cognitive dissonance. For a revolt to happen in this country the respect of the police enforcing the laws needs to go the same way that the respect for politicians and bankers have gone. The respect for them has to be lost so they can be fought when they try to enforce these laws. Until that happens piece by piece we'll lose more and more
>>
I go for the cheap history books
>>
File: 1470502291679.jpg (53KB, 540x720px)
1470502291679.jpg
53KB, 540x720px
Sounds like gun shows are a shit place to buy guns, that's unfortunate.

Maybe I'll just see if there's any kydex holster makers there who can do a trigger guard holster for a poly80 frame
>>
>>31383795
Prices are usually ridiculous, but occasionally you'll see a good deal.

The one I go to has a lot of rare guns so it's always fun to go. It's also fun to take people with you. I took an Ausbro with me last time.
>>
>go to fun show in WNY
>it wasn't fun at all
>$450 for a nugget, 91/30 Russian surplus from 43; nothing special
>one guy selling wolf steel case 7.62x39 for $10 for a box of 20rds
>guy next to him selling it for $6 a box
>nugget food $0.50 a round or more
>one jerky stand
>neutered AKs and ARs
>out dated books everywhere
>fudds

Never again.
>>
>>31384766

Where in WNY? Occasionally you find good deals.
>>
File: 8uzB4eB.jpg (130KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
8uzB4eB.jpg
130KB, 800x450px
I sell sheths at mine
>>
>>31383795
>I plan on going to the Tanner Gun Show in Denver this upcoming weekend
Local here. I think about going occasionally, but then I read feedback and all I see is fudds and way overpriced shit. I still havent actually gone myself, but that's all I've ever heard about it.
>>
>They actively charge you to get in
This alone guarantees I'll never go to one. I'm not paying $10 to look at guns marked up 200% and be constantly barraged by BZZZZZZZT
>>
File: image.png (293KB, 573x711px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
293KB, 573x711px
>>31384793
Is that all you sell?
Have you reported your income for tax purposes yet?
>>
Are we gonna get together and travel to the Patriot park? Ever?
Poorfags need not apply, we will post pictures and vids of the visit
>>
>>31383795
>Do you go to gun shows?
yes.

>What do you like about them or not like about them?
like:
seeing that many guns in one place at one time, and finger fucking them.
searching for bargains.
talking to people, meeting people, learning things from people that know more than me.

don't like:
never finding good deals. shit is always overpriced and trying to deal with people has never worked, they never come down on their price.
fudds. gun shows are full of fudds. I don't let them get to me, I just ignore them, but they're there.

>Do you find good deals there?
I have never found a good deal at a gun show. the closest I got to a good deal was ammo that cost about the same as ordering it online and paying the shipping. the difference was I didn't have to wait 5-7 days for it to arrive.
>>
I'm going to one in Iowa this weekend
>>
i only go for the loopholes
>>
>>31383795
I'm usually unimpressed. Fudds with overpriced milsurp, that table with all the unbranded Chinese accessories, stores with their normal stock (plus heavily marked up rarer items like PMR30s and Sub-2ks), the old guy who's WAY too into his Nazi memorabilia (seriously, wtf's up with that guy?!), and beef jerky.

The only upshots to gun shows are looking for rare but underpriced guns (rare), and the ability to fingerfuck a very wide range of options when contemplating your next purchase. I strongly suggest first time buyers fingerfuck their way around a gun show before making their first purchase, to check out grip sizes, geometry, etc, and help narrow the field down.
>>
Anybody going to the Market Hall gunshow the 24th in dallas?
>>
>>31384849
>BZZZZZZZT
Seriously, wtf is up with that asshole with the fucking stun guns? All fucking day, you hear that dumb shit crackling.

>>31383795
Another piece of stupidity yo be aware of: Usually their insurance says "No CC." No live ammo in the show aside from cops. Now, whether or not that's legally binding depends on your jurisdiction, but they can certainly refuse entry and or kick out CCers.

There's a show in NH they do at a Shriner's hall that allows CC (don't know about OC), but it's not even worth going to. Chinese parts, factory reloads that cost more than new ammo and fudds selling common old guns for 20% more than the inflation adjusted price their grandfather paid for it.
>>
>>31383795
Guns shows in Las Vegas are great, ammo is sold from califonia vendors selling wolf steel case 7.62x39 1000 rounds for $200. Overpriced armor peircing and incindiary ammo, that one knife seller. 2 guys selling oil filter adapters, one white collar looking legit, the other being blue collar who's customers got scared thinkin i was undercover.
>>
>>31383795

I used to love gun shows, but I kinda stopped a few years ago.

Why I used to love them
>ruger speed-six/security six tables with 20 police trade ins to choose from for $250 each
>Makarov table, with $150 makarovs all day
>tons of neat older guns
>tons of decently bubba'd guns that were cheap

Nowadays?
>another table full of Taurus and Kel-Tecs
>another table full of chinese AR accessories
>another table with cheap laser/lights that I would never put on my guns
>another table with all brand new guns that I could get anywhere

There's just nothing neat anymore. Their just local shops with modern inventory. A couple us used guns, but anything cool is way overpriced.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.