[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best OWB Holster for Glock 19

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (50KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 880x660px
Hello I was wondering what the best OWB holster is for a Glock 19, I heard someone say that you should have good retention because it's open carry. I would probably usually use it to wear under my coat to CC or open carry when I do it for shits and giggles
>>
File: 086cuxf.jpg (166KB, 1024x661px) Image search: [Google]
086cuxf.jpg
166KB, 1024x661px
>>31382992
I'd get a Safariland. I'd get anything before I got a SERPA, like your pic related.
>>
https://www.amazon.com/Safariland-7378-283-411-Concealment-Paddle-Holster/dp/B00G9UR7BU

>Safariland, so all the cops use it along with military contracts out the ass, lots of QC, made in Mexico/USA instead of China.
>smooth plastic doesn't scratch finish
>waterproof and heatproof
>thumb lock so you don't get Glock leg like with the SERPA and it's harder for random fucks to grab your gun
>Paddle actually bites onto your belt and locks in until you do the special wiggle in the instruction manual to pull it out
>also comes in models that hold weaponlights
https://holsterops.com/products/7ts-als-concealment-holster-w-light-options-7376-7377-7378-7379
>>
>>31383060
Thanks I'll check it out
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 550x550px
>>31382992
I'd recommend the Raven Concealment Eidolon- simply because of the myriad amount of setup options it has. That and it will accommodate longer models with its open bottom design. (G19 holster will fit a G17, etc...)

It comes with quite a bit of hardware so you can come up with what works best for you.

The company necessarily "advertise" an OWB setup, but I have done it with mine for range use. Worked just fine. It is marketed as an iwb holster though.
>>
>>31383257
Doesn't necessarily*
Fuck
>>
>>31383257
>no active retention
>intended to tilt the gun towards the body
>exposed muzzle
>not even supposed to hold the gun tight enough to pass the upside down test

FFS at least recommend the Phantom. OWB with a set of clips on a canted ultrathin IWB holster is stupid unless you're an extreme poorfag.
>>
File: 14742674680462037004505.jpg (940KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
14742674680462037004505.jpg
940KB, 2560x1440px
>>31382992
Ive got the alien gear owb for my CZ P07. It's a nice holster and you can buy the plastic shells that will fit other semi autos on the same base piece of leather for 12.88$. I don't know exactly what it retails for because I got mine as a combo with a IWB 3.0 for 54$ so I'm sure the price of just the owb isn't bad at all
>>
>>31382992
(P07 owner) I also ccw my p07 in the owb holster all the time and just make sure I've got a long shirt that'll cover it. It's a pretty dope set up, I've been happy with it
>>
>>31382992
go full meme OP
>>31383191

Maximum comfy
Maximum concealment
>>
>>31383340
You can adjust the thing to "pass the upside-down test."

It's literally one screw.

And I recommended it because you can make this IWB holster into an OWB easily. The same cannot be said with most holsters marketed as primarily OWB.
>>
>>31383470
Same cannot be said as in reverse order- making your OWB holster into an IWB.

Whoops. At work and I keep posting before I read through it again.
>>
Question:

What does /k/ in general think of Uncle mike's holsters? I saw one guy a few months ago say they were awful, but ever since then I haven't seen them mentioned at all.

I got an uncle Mike's side holster for my Glock 19, but since I'm new to the gun community I didn't want to be making a grave mistake. I like it because it's soft and not clunky.

Convince me I'm retarded and I'lol probably buy a new one
>>
>>31383522
I don't trust fabric holster, especially with a Glock. Sure the chances of the trigger getting somehow pulled through the fabric are low, but I'd rather not bank on those kinds of probabilities. Something rigid like kydex or plastic is a must for holsters for me, ESPECIALLY for a Glock. Also, better retention.

Speaking as somebody who CCs a Glock 19 in a Crossbreed holster.
>>
>>31382992
I use a Blackhawk SERPA style paddle holster that's very similar to your picture. While it is true that a few people have experienced Glock-leg because of this combo I believe I will not.

Mostly because I'm not a total idiot. Release the gun then BACK OFF that trigger finger just a tad. With proper training your index goes to the slide every time. It works well, is not super expensive, and has retention.

You're right to desire retention for OC, it's foolish to go without.
>>
>>31383470
Strange, it maxes out on my G19 Eidolon without going that far.

Raven Concealment doesn't even recommend setting retention that high on an IWB though, which I agree with.

>>31383522
>soft holster
>sit on it/fall on it a few times at the range
>it starts collapsing
>you have to hunt/poke with your muzzle to open it again
>if it closes while you're holstering and has a particularly nasty wrinkle it'll pull the trigger on your leg
>shitty belt clip that eventually starts coming off your pants faster than the gun comes off the holster

If you're on a razor thin budget and need a holster for multiple guns then at least look at the Safariland GLS.

>>31383563
>remember to back off the trigger finger
>when snatching the gun out of the holster as fast as possible under stress
>instead of going for an equivalent price thumb release like Safariland ALS or an even less expensive thumb break
>your trigger finger can always stay on the slide with no temptation to bend it for extra force or leverage pushing something

There's a reason why multiple training schools, FLETC, and law enforcement agencies specifically ban the SERPA.
>>
>>31383522
Uncle mike's tactical, the kydex ones, are fine, in fact a bargain at $25

The soft ones are fudd tier.
>>
>>31383563
I have tested (with a triple check empty gun, clearly) how to Glockleg myself with a Serpa. I could only get it to happen by bending my finger extremely unnaturally.

The only way it happened was bending my finger in an exaggerated hook an jammed the tip of my finger on the button, AND THEN immediately continuing the motion with my finger still in a hook and squeezing on the trigger.

It was very different than anything close to a natural motion for me. Usually the pad of my finger just kind of slides on the button and then to the body of the handgun.

I carried a chambered and unsafed FS92 in a Serpa on deployment and never had anything close to an issue, either with drawing or with the fabled "mud in the paddle" issue that hypothetical operators always tell me about. Been using a Serpa for my Glock for local competitions for 2+ years with no issues, so meh.
>>
File: image.jpg (416KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
416KB, 1334x750px
>>31383585
Hmm... On my g23 it can tighten down far enough to where you really need to swing the thing hard in order for it to come out. I agree that it wouldn't ever need to be that tight though.

Again, I only recommended it for the wide array of possible setups, not that it's necessarily "the best" owb or iwb- but it can do both.

I find that, typically, if you are carrying in public CC is a better option. Less soccer mom possibilities and such. However, during practice/recreational shooting on the range it can be kind of a bitch to repeatedly use an iwb.

Therefore, if you're carrying concealed most of the time, your "range setup" doesn't necessarily need to be as beefy and purpose built as your CC for that gun.

Just some thoughts from a guy on the internet. All up to you.
>>
>>31382992
Been thinking about getting a good OC holster for M&P 9 as well. Will be monitoring this thread.
>>
but guys, why is the cqc still in wide spread use if it is so bad?

Only because some fatass shot himself into his leg?

I've never heard of any issues due to the serpa except this one incident.
>>
File: Image.jpg (2MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
2MB, 3072x2304px
>>31382992
>Glock 19
Best OWB holster right here, OP.
>>
>>31383600
>>31383703
>button gets gravel in it
>worst case scenario it locks your gun completely
>best case scenario it fouls enough that you go full retard trying to claw the gun out, finger bent at full torque trying to get it to break and then you glockleg

https://files.catbox.moe/1iz1go.mp4
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.