[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird old knife?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

My friend found this knife in the Fraser river in Canada today. It was found by the Mission part of the river she said.
Any info on this thing would be appreciated.
>>
Found a kirpan. Congrats.
>>
looks like an old skinner
try to get better pics of the blade, if there are stamps, then you'll know it's probably < 50 years old.
>>
>>31382162
>Fluffy the unicorn
Do you wanna explain that filename?
>>
>>31382184
This would make sense since the area was historically involved in fur trades.
She checked out the blade and its got no stamps or any etching.

Filename is due to my friend's username.
>>
>>31382175
After looking that up it seriously looks like that might be it, although it looks much older than any pictures.

The blade is very very dull. Also she said some wet sand was coming out of the bottom of the hilt but only a few drops at a time.
>>
>>31382230
Is your friend a twink?
>>
>>31382331
no it's a girl. I'm assuming you've never seen girl legs before then?
>>
It's a kirpan carried by Sikhs as part of their religion. They're cheaply made and dull, not a real knife, juts a religious symbol.

East Indians are heavily into organized crime in the Valley and they murder each other frequently. The owner of this kirpan was probably shot and dumped into the Mighty Fraser to be eaten by sturgeon.
>>
>>31382363
Why you gotta crush my dreams?
>>
>>31382162
>my friend
Did you make a shitty thread on /k/ just to attentionwhore?
>>
>>31382372
Friend confirms these stereotypes.

>>31382379
I'm here for info not dreams

>>31382422
No it's actually my canadian friend, I'm not in canada. She says she just didn't want people seeing her poor quality bed.
>>
>>31382372
why dont they carry bad ass knifes instead of shit knifes

if i was a sink i would be turbaning the fuck all over with a huge 1095 razor sharp kirpan
>>
File: doglegs.png (305KB, 535x472px) Image search: [Google]
doglegs.png
305KB, 535x472px
>>
shaiiiiiiii halluuuudeeee
>>
Closeup on the hilt.
Also if anybody has any idea on a possible age that would be amazing. Otherwise she'll just try and take it to the local museum but would rather not have to give it away.
>>
File: guyonchair.png (12KB, 316x353px) Image search: [Google]
guyonchair.png
12KB, 316x353px
>>31382493
could you get some pics a little higher up but leave the knife in the same spot? and maybe from a low angle towards the knife? they need to be on the legs though otherwise the contrast will be all messed up.
>>
>>31382493
I'd wager it's just a kirpan that some Sikh lost a decade ago or whatever. Being in the bottom of a river for a couple years will make any metal object look a million years old. Might be worth getting chcked out, though. A musuem may have an appraiser or something that could look at it.
>>
>>31382363
Be realistic, around 90% of us here haven't seen a real female without regular clothes on.
>>
>>31382162
Hello from Langley. Probably has something to do with the injuns. Take it into the first nations museum in Fort Langley, they'll probably have more info
>>
I always come to /k/ after my morning mastrubation session.
>>
>>31382162
Indian Kirpan
>>
>>31382493
could you have a guess at what the hilt is made out of?
>>
>>31382711
what do you fap to? any kinks?
>>
>>31382162
What's with the filename?
>>
>>31382762
The entire thing is made out of metal. Seems like it's the same kind of metal for the entire thing.
>>
>>31382782
again, friend's username of choice
>>
>>31382783
Pretty sure I found it. http://www.indiatowngifts.com/Large-9-5-inch-Sri-Sahib-Kirpan/
>>
Can someone like really please explain to me whats wrong with the username I go by? Like why do you people keep asking about the file name? it means nothing to the point of this. Yes I am the friend, Aka FluffyTheUnicorn.

Also I will most likely end up stopping by Fort Langley to ask there, Often go thought there on the way to Surrey. Thank you everyone for all the help xD
>>
>>31382832
I cannot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWM2joNb9NE
>>
>>31382849

Welp I guess that explains it, I should of known better that it was all due to that song.
>>
>>31382162
bin that knife for post nations and justin.
>>
>>31382903
bieber or trudeau?
>>
>>31382799
Are you your friend? Why would some lady go fishing? Are the legs in picture male or female?
>>
>>31382832
>people are making fun of me on the internet!
>BUT WHY!!!
are you even serious fluffy the unicorn? Also your deviant art sucks. You're a terrible artist.

see >>31382830
>>
>>31382983
Aww your so nice, Thank you :3
>>
>>31383015
*you're
>>
>>31382971
We are both girls xD We are not the same person, Shes in the states and I'm in canada. I do not fish however I walk my dog along the river, I often pick up any hooks, Fishing wire and nails I come across then throw them out so they are not causing hazards for any wildlife. The knife is so far the most interesting then I have found there.

Legs are indeed female however believe as you wish.
>>
>>31382830
This does seem the most similar to the actual knife, thank you for finding this.
>>
>>31383076
No problem.

It's a nice looking knife. I hope you'll be able to restore it. Even if you can't, it's still nice to look at.
>>
>>31383100
I don't think I will, I honestly don't know much about this stuff. If the museum as any interest in it I may let them take, If no I will just keep it since its neat looking.

Also thank you from me as well, So thank you. xD
>>
>>31383126
lol

Happy to help.
>>
>>31382452

I grant you .75 keks.
>>
File: lisa-ann-whos-nail-7.jpg (173KB, 403x611px) Image search: [Google]
lisa-ann-whos-nail-7.jpg
173KB, 403x611px
>>31382771
Nah bland normie stuff mostly.
MILFs, redheads, internal cumshots, sometimes rape or incest. No scat or piss, no niggers.

I just find it weird that my first reflex after reaching for the tissues is checking /k/.
I might be secretly ammosexual.
>>
>>31383488
i don't know why, but i kinda get off to gay rape.

i could see how a woman holding a powerful weapon could be fappable.
>>
>>31383024
Kek
>>
>>31382432
>No it's actually my canadian friend, I'm not in canada

Isn't Canadian girl-friend a pre-internet meme?

>>31382433
>why dont they carry bad ass knifes instead of shit knifes
>if i was a sink i would be turbaning the fuck all over with a huge 1095 razor sharp kirpan
Then you'd be a bad Sikh, they're not supposed to use the knives except to defend the innocent (including themselves). Most western legal jurisdictions make exceptions to knife laws for kirpans but that would change fast if Sikhs went around using or threatening with them.

Though I CAN see terrorists pretending to be Sikhs to get them into a place that bans knives so that they can start a stabbing snackbar.

Sikhs can probably see that too, they have blunt versions (legal in their religion) and special sealed ones that can't be drawn. Those are so that they can get on planes and things.

>>31382372
>They're cheaply made and dull, not a real knife, juts a religious symbol
Not always, they must be steel or iron but they can be weapon quality steel and they can definitely be sharpened. Some are but that would cause problems for the owners sometimes so mostly they're not.
>>
>>31383488
>I might be secretly ammosexual
Got any .50BMG lying around? You know what you need to do.
>>
>>31382363
Most of /k/ is unicorn bait.

>>31382433
Made a kirpan for a mate many years ago out of O1 tool steel and a full flat grind, that fucking thing was scary sharp.
He was a complete lunatic though so I kind of hope he never shanked anyone with it.
>>
>>31383723
No, also I am at work. Also I don't like butt stuff. Also getting penetrated as a man is gay.
>>
>>31382363
What is this "girl" thing that you speak of?
>>
>>31383715
>defend the innocent (including themselves)
Seems like a good enough reason to carry a sharp knife to me. Heck they got a special exemption to carry knives around and you tell me they don't actually use it for its intended purpose? That's kind of fucked up.

Then again most places in Canada are probably safe enough that you don't need a sharp knife most of the time. But still, if their religion says to carry a weapon why wouldn't they carry an actual weapon?
>>
>>31383804
Penetrate yur cervix
>>
>>31382162
Bin it. Trudeau would be proud of you
>>
>>31383884
>But still, if their religion says to carry a weapon why wouldn't they carry an actual weapon?
Religions say a lot of things.

If it's convenient, you do it.
If it's fun, you definitely do it.
If you want to do it, you do it.
If you don't want to do it, then it's really just a metaphor.
If it's inconvenient and would cause trouble then it's about the moral of that particular parable and anyway, you don't get to question my faith.

Really, the weapon was from a time when Sikhs were being lynched by muslims. These days, if Sikhs wandered around with functional short swords, they'd be lynched (shot) by cops. They're safer not carrying knives.

So...adapt to the times. What used to be safest would now get you shot. Pay lip service and be what you need to be to survive I guess.
>>
>>31384237
Makes sense. I can't say I'm religion savvy.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.