[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this gun possible in real life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 11

File: Art_of_Fo4_pipe_gun_CA.jpg (122KB, 940x589px) Image search: [Google]
Art_of_Fo4_pipe_gun_CA.jpg
122KB, 940x589px
>>
In, .25, .32, .22, maybe
>>
I have no idea how the screw trigger works with the handle so far away
>>
Yes, but a lot of that bullshit doesn't do anything and could be removed or simplified.
>>
>>31382153
Probably.
>>
File: 1363444727384.png (1MB, 960x1093px) Image search: [Google]
1363444727384.png
1MB, 960x1093px
>>31382153
>no trigger guards
>>
Look up royalnonesuch on youtube
>>
>>31382222
>he didn't install the nd mod
>not shooting your spine when you pull pipe rifle
>>
https://www.youtube.com/user/TweezerAddict

https://www.youtube.com/user/CrypticCRICKET
>>
As far as I know it's entirely possible. The only problem would be figuring out how to get the gun not to explode when it fires.
>>
that bayonet is completly worthless with no rear stud. that shitty stamped guard is goign to just bend. Also you can't get it off without unscrewing the equally pointless flash hider brake breaching device monstrosity.
>>
>>31382222
To add to this:
>extremely flimsy scope mount and overly complex, fragile stock on the bottom right two
>shouldering a bare buffer tube on the bottom left two
>two bolt handles and ejection ports on the top one and the one below it
>extravagant, unnecessary muzzle brakes and ported barrels that don't fit the junkyard look or the presumably small calibers they're chambered in
>>
File: chechensmgs-improguns.jpg (137KB, 640x299px) Image search: [Google]
chechensmgs-improguns.jpg
137KB, 640x299px
Pipe guns are possible, fallout 4's pipeguns are not.

This is because people who don't know shit about guns don't know how to make a gun.
>>
>"We approach these designs from the point of view of a resourceful wastelander who knows nothing about guns but is trying to make gun-like contraptions"
>knows nothing about guns
>makes a fully automatic, drum fed pipe rifle that DOESN'T blow up on the first shot
>>
>>31382791
Also
>Make assault rifle
>Make it basically an LMG
>Size of one, too
>Make it shoot an extremely rare cartridge
>Make it so the Combat Rifle outclasses it in every way, both semi-auto and full
THANKS BETHESDA
>>
>>31383836
Don't forget that they have both 5mm and 5.56mm but the combat rifle is chambered in .45 ACP.

Which also makes the submachinegun pointless. Unless you fix with mods of course.
>>
>>31383894
This.

Fucking this.

gun autism triggered...

What happened to the guys that did all that work on the guns for NV?
I mean... Ive never heard of 5mm caseless being fired from a STANAG, but for fucks sake, its better than a fucking COMBAT RIFLE
chambered in .45ACP
>>
>>31385959
>What happened to the guys that did all that work on the guns for NV?

The made a better game than fallout 3 so Todd got pissed and made sure they wouldn't be involved in a future project
>>
File: 1458672965462.jpg (142KB, 661x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1458672965462.jpg
142KB, 661x1024px
>>31382749
>>31382791
>>31383836
very well lets try to aproach post-apocalyptic weapon design ia a more realistic manner

people without knowledge of firearms would most likely resort ot archery, so many varians of bows and crossbows would be common

people with chemistry knowledge but without the proper knowledge of balistics would most likely end up making pipeboms and unrifled matchlock guns

some gun nuts without gunsmithing tools would surely do proper pipeguns and hold onto many antique firerms

actual gunsmiths would make thing like the avenger smg or failing that bolt/lever/pump action guns

there would be a lot of actual assault rifles and self loading guns but most of them would be either damaged, poorly ported to more available catriges, rigged to fit roles they weren't build for, had some of it's parts broken and replaced with whatever was at hand at the moment or just striped of their automatic capabilities to save ammunition
>>
Look at the design of the Sten and then look at the FO4 guns. Reasonable to believe they are somewhat possible
>>
>>31382222
Quads of truth
>>
Could one make a workable black powder select-fire or semi-auto rifle?
>>
File: 1446513617170.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1446513617170.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>31386137
This about covers it.

>>31382153
You make this thread about every third day with a different picture, or you fucks keep asking separately. The answer is always the same.

"Yes," with heavy quotation marks. Most would fire, but have this or that awful design flaw (Unsupported chamber, fragile firing pin, awful flimsy ergos, etc.) that would make them explode within 100 rounds, most likely. Clearly designed by people who have a vague idea about guns but still know nothing. Let's move on.
>>
Pretty sure , but i think they will broke after some shots
>>
>>31382153
what fucking makes me bothered most is that all of these pieces of "scrap" are not identifiable as anything else that is being repurposed. Its like a guy sat down with raw barstock, and pipestock, maybe some sheet metal, and tried to make the shittiest stuff possible with his laythe and mill. I mean fucking really.

Sorry...sorry guys...you do machining, and the autism comes out now and again. now is that time. I am going to go look at some colors or wavelight or some shit.
>>
File: LAPD 2019 blaster silenced.jpg (104KB, 640x354px) Image search: [Google]
LAPD 2019 blaster silenced.jpg
104KB, 640x354px
cont of >>31386137
as for energy weapons in the fallout universe

scientist witout knowledge of firearms building railguns and coil guns that are bulky and unwieldy at first but become more compact with each modification

lasers from scurity turrets and industrial cutters rigged into rifles and pistols

plasma guns that take the air around them and hyper heat it into a fiery bolt

multiple models of laser guns from diferent companies that must be ported to work with rechargable clock batteries

miniaturized casaba howitzers
>>
>>31386889
Its an unrealistic implementation of a fun concept.
>>
File: suppressor + revolver = genius.jpg (304KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
suppressor + revolver = genius.jpg
304KB, 1920x1080px
>Suppressor on revolver
>>
>>31388262
There are a few very rare suppressed revolvers, but yeah, it's dumb.
>>
>>31382153
>open a pre war vault/military bunker
>random loot has pipe guns
>kill legendary deathclaw at level 120
>drops legendary pipe gun
>high level npc mercenaries use pipe guns

It also pisses me off that bethsoft thought that a rimmed revolver cartridge was the best round for the pipe guns. there's not even a revolver in the game that uses .38, so why not make it .380 or 9mm or something
>>
>>31386133

pretty much this
>>
>>31388311
>rare
hand nuggets are not rare.
>>
>>31388313
Could be .38 ACP. Unless it's not, I haven't played FO4.
>>
>>31388382
It's just called .38, so I'm assuming it's .38 special. It could very well be .380 auto, .38 s&w or .38 acp for all I know. the pipe revolver fires .45 auto, though, and there are no moon clips for the cylinder
>>
>>31388371
Even I could tell he meant the models themselves are rare, as in there are not a lot of different ones that can be silenced. Everyone knows handnuggets are easy to come by. Cool your spergtism, dickwad.
>>
>>31386133
This. The NV crew was black listed because, despite giving tgem a shitty engine with little training, and extremely short deadlines and budget cuts, the OG Fallout guys wrote a better story and had better game play despite all the bugs.

They showed up the wrong man.

You don't fuck with Todd Howard, by taking his baby turd and some how polish it into a gem, dirty flawed gem, but still amazing and beautiful despite the flaws.
>>
>>31389115
>muh new vegas
>muh sexbot jokes
yeah, naw
new vegas story was shit, and the amount of release day bugs it had was atrocious.

your rose-tinted goggles aren't helping you here.
>>
>>31389584
>NV was shit because obscure sexbot quest
Why do Todd apologists always fixate on that Fisto thing like it means anything? Its not like sex toys are a new thing for the Fallout series.
>>
Personally, I think AR type weapons would be pretty common but in more of a blowbackish type of deal. Non locking direct impingement gas operated with a buffer seems like the way to go if all you have is springs and tubes of metal.
>>
File: fucking disgusting.png (181KB, 460x558px) Image search: [Google]
fucking disgusting.png
181KB, 460x558px
>>31389584
>the amount of release day bugs it had was atrocious.
lmao! Yeah, there were a few but compared to Fallout 3? Drop in the fuckin' bucket.

>your rose-tinted goggles aren't helping you here.
Different anon but my "rose-tinted goggles" (incorrect use of the phrase by the way) don't exist because objectively Fallout: NV was a better, more complete product. I've always taken a technical approach to the question of, "why do Bethesda games suck?" They're the Nintendo of MMOs, stuck with the same method of shitting out new products without any room for innovation due to a lack of talent or a lack of leadership. Their engine they insist on using is outdated and has been outdated for almost a decade now, the features they promise for one game are featured in half-assed iterations in the next and their handling of the Fallout franchise is no different.

Shill for Todd Howard all you like and maybe uninformed dumbasses will believe you, but I don't.

>>31389645
>Why do Todd apologists always fixate on that Fisto thing like it means anything? Its not like sex toys are a new thing for the Fallout series.
They're usually assmad fanboys who think "lel wastelend justise xDDD" is a totally sick meme and are basically on par with airsofters angrily shitposting. I've watched them justify not having functional vehicles in a Fallout game as not being "consistent with the series UNCLUDING the old games!" which almost gave me a fucking aneurysm.
>>
>>31389886
>"rose-tinted goggles" (incorrect use of the phrase by the way)
yes, but that is 100% correct use of your autism
>>
>>31390361
Just because you're a dumbass doesn't mean everyone else is autistic.
>>
>>31390410
>can tell when someone's being facetious
>takes everything with a literal interpretation
yeah, those are some of the markers for autism, bud
you might want to see a professional
>>
>>31390818
> merelypretending.jpg
Not even him
Kys
>>
File: inigo_montoya.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
inigo_montoya.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
>>31390818
>yeah, those are some of the markers for autism, bud
>you might want to see a professional
Yeah it isn't "facetious" if you actually misuse an easily understood phrase, so great job on doubling down and proving my point.
>>
File: Midori Clara Day Off.jpg (850KB, 988x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Midori Clara Day Off.jpg
850KB, 988x1280px
>>31386137
>Hordes of feral children attacking explorers with throwing sticks
>Cannibals throwing bolas to capture prey
>Lizard herders with slings
>Staten Island subhumans that refuse to use anything more advanced than plumbatae because "we macho, yo, we punch far away, yo!"
>Those weird robots that mob intruders with integral trebuchets loaded with jars of urine
>That one tubby mutant who discovered a Boy Scouts manual, made himself a uniform that's too small and goes around with a devastating crossbow helping people
>>
>>31382409
>>shouldering a bare buffer tube on the bottom left two
NO guns go fuck yourself.
>>
>>31391822
?
>>
>>31391892
You assume those are buffer tubes.
>>
https://youtu.be/GJzXG7MYX1c?list=LLxxIaHBmX4TYF6RtjmWhExQ
>>
>>31391905
Wasn't me, but whether they were buffer tubes or not changes nothing.
>>
>>31388371
There is also a S&W "SWAT" revolver that seals the gap.

And some Russian revolver shotgun I believe..

More than one, but rare when compared to all other models out there.
>>
>>31391750
>Midori Clara Day Off.jpg

Source?

Google isn't giving me shit on anything I try.
>>
>>31391929
I want to post this to all the anti-gunners I can think of... but I don't have fake profiles to do it with.
>>
>>31389584
Todd, what are you doing posting here? You might actually learn something about guns!
>>
Two things bother me the most
>exposed springs
Yeah lets allow all sorts of filth into the mechanism!

>optics
No "craftsman" who puts out shit this shoddy could make functional optics.
>>
>>31392429
Kmartscopes.jpg
>>
>we approached these designs from the point of view of a resourceful wastelander who knows nothing about guns

knows nothing about guns
knows nothing about guns
>>
>>31394725

They should have asked present-day Congressional Democrats.
>>
>>31390818
You. Are. Shit
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.