[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me /k/. Nofuns here.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: Moist_nugget.jpg (29KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
Moist_nugget.jpg
29KB, 610x343px
Hey /k/, they’re selling a mosin for 250 at my cabelas. I'm a nofuns myself, but my friend told me you guys could give me a couple tips on what to look out for when I buy one and how to buy a good one. Could you help me out /k/? I'd really appreciate it.
>>
>>31380981
http://www.cabelas.com/product/shooting/firearms/centerfire-rifles/bolt-action-centerfire-rifles%7C/pc/104792580/c/553829580/sc/105522480/i/105523380/mosin-nagant-model-91-30-rifle/710007.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fbolt-action-centerfire-rifles%2F_%2FN-1114860%2FNs-MIN_SALE_PRICE%3FWTz_stype%3DGNU

Sorry about the long URL. it's the price of the Mosin and the site.
>>
>>31380981
$250 is pretty steep. Usually around Christmas they go on sale. I think i bought one 2 years ago for like 129 or 139. Also Google nagants because you can find a fuck ton of knowledge. 90% chance the ones at cabelas are good to go because they're all arsenal refurbished.
>>
>>31380981
>buying a Mosin
>ever

No
>>
Check for the smoothness of the bolt, check and see if the bluing in the metal parts is still decent, check for cracks in the stock and make sure all the pieces are there
>>
>>31381044
Why not? They're cheap and I could really use a nice big round for HD if I ever have to remove spooks
>implying I would fire the thing for HD and not just use the bayonet
>>
>>31380997
Just buy a Savage Axis or Roger American. Or save another $150 and build an AR.
>>
>>31381061
I looked at the cheapest guns online right now, and the cheapest AR was 599, and the cheapest centerfire bolt was like 359.
>>
>$250

Save up another $20-50 and buy one of the Zastava M48's on the market right now. Superior rifle in every single way.

They usually get listed as "Yugo Mauser" or "Yugo M48" or something to that effect.

http://www.southernohiogun.com/longguns/surplus-longguns/mauser-m48-rifles-8mm-1.html
>>
>>31381081
That's why I said BUILD. And Mosins, like every other milsurp rifle, are strictly collectors items. You're not going to like/appreciate the lack of performance compared to modern offerings, and ammo is no longer as cheap as it used to be.
Or buy a Maverick 88.
>>
>>31381097
Why is the Zastava superior? I'm not doubting, I just don't know.
>>31381126
My friend owns several SKSs and I love them, and he loves them too, so I don't care about shooting in a MOA at 300 yards. I just want a gun right off the shelf I can start plinking with.
>>
>>31381126
Mosin was my first gun, and I agree with the tripfag.
It's really not a great gun, especially with ammo not as cheap as it was.
Don't listen to the guy telling you to buy an M48 either. I like mine a lot and got it for a steal but 8mm is not cheap.
Save up and buy something in a cheap and common calibre.
>>
>>31381057
if you use it for home defense, you better have some ear pro handy and be able to work dat bolt quickly.

7.62x54r will overpenetrate like a motherfucker so you might hit some innocent person.

>>31381126
this guy has good advice. Maverick 88 is a good shotgun for el cheap
>>
>>31381267
I actually live in Suburbia, whitest part of the Northwest, so that was just joking for the most part.
>>31381267
I really want a rifle though not a scattergat.
>>
>>31381293
I like mine but I stocked up on cheap ammo. Still i wouldn't spend $250 on one unless it was a collector or something special. The 2 i have shoot great and hunting ammo isn't terrible but the milsurp ammo is pretty much dry. I wanted a nagant because it was cheap and i love shooting irons. Most modern high power rifles require a scope .
>>
>>31380981
>250$

The only reason you should pay that much for a mosin is if that's the total amount paid after shipping and FFL fees, not the subtotal. Check out Gunbroker, and you should find the same for same for cheaper.
>>
>>31380981

If you're in the 360 phone code, and it's a 1943 Tula caked in cosmo, ayy lmao you better get it before I get paid.
>>
>>31381061

>hurr durr forget that historical firearm thats built tougher than anything produced today, go buy this boring plastic rifle thats outside your budget

Thanks for your valuable, original contribution to OP's question
>>
Start shopping for ammo now. There might still be some surplus left somewhere.
The two things that made the mosin decent were its cheap price and cheap ammo. Take away those and it might as well be a carcano.

> tfw I only have two spam cans left.
>>
If you're going to buy a Mosin, find an M44 like you have in your OP. I have one, shit's the most fun thing to shoot at the range. Granted I'm rather a special case considering I work there and mainly use it to clear out all the faggot that think they can shoot past the time we're closed.
>>
>>31381549
Except OP just wants a cheap blaster, which the Mosin isn't, and neither is any other milsurp rifle. They are for collectors. If you wanna throw lead at shit, get a 22, a Hi Point, a Maverick, or build an AR.
>>
>>31381162
>Why is the Zastava superior?

because muh Mauser

Mauser food is harder to find and more expensive than Nugget food, so a Nugget would be more worthwhile to you than a Mauser if you intend to shoot a lot (and don't handload either)
>>
>>31380981

Just do it, OP.

I've always had a casual interest in guns, and have just started to get more into it as a hobby. I picked up my nagant at cabelas a couple of weeks ago. The salesman helped me pick out a decent one (tula 1940, the barrel wasn't pitted, crisp trigger etc.) I've been fucking with it ever since, cleaning cosmo and sanding/ applying oil to the stock. It's a good starter gun IMO
>>
>>31380981
OP, buy whatever you want. 4Chan is full of faggots trying to push their views on others. I love my Mosin and it works great for me. It's an excellent big-bore beginner rifle and all around alot of fun.

>butthatsjustmyopinion.bmp
>>
>>31382448
>>31382089
kek thanks bros. I've decided on the mosin I think.
>>31382007
I'm gonna be shooting it a lot and I'm not gonna be hand loading, so I think nugget is the way to go Thanks guys.
Night /k/ is best /k/
>>
>>31380981

Make sure that the barrel-end of the bore is in good shape. I've seen several look like the original slavs fucked it with the cleaning rod.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.