[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

338 Lapua Mag

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 110fcp sr 338.png (663KB, 968x402px) Image search: [Google]
110fcp sr 338.png
663KB, 968x402px
Anyone have a Savage 110 FCP SR in 338 LM?

I'm considering getting one; I already have a .308 and reload. Just wondering what kind of accuracy you're getting and how the recoil is. I assume you have to use the heavier bullets due to the twist rate.
>>
>>31380095
just bought a FCP SR from savage, in 6.5 creedmoar

going to put a KRG chassis on it
>>
>>31380095
I shot a friends.

Ditch the stock.

Recoil was mighty, but the brake calms it.
>>
>>31380153
this one here

https://kineticresearchgroup.com/product/180-alpha-chassis/
>>
>>31380095
Really read into if you can afford to shoot a .338
They come up for sale all the time with sub 100 rounds through them for a reason

My suggestion is definitely go from a .308 up to a 7mm rem mag or down to a 6.5cal like creedmore or x55Swede before the .338

Its a great round but its damn expensive to shoot

And you are buying an economy .338 so id question if you can afford it really
>>
File: jae-100.jpg (39KB, 969x407px) Image search: [Google]
jae-100.jpg
39KB, 969x407px
>>31382346
This. While we are talking about stupidly expensive things.
Picture related.
>>
>>31382346
>this

If you're buying a Savage 110, you can't afford to shoot .338LM
>>
>>31380095
I had a Remington MLR .338LM.
.338LM is a complete waste of money and components unless you either hunt dangerous game or regularly shoot over 1500yd.
If none of those apply to you then don't get one, you'll be happier with a cheaper more accurate rifle that you can shoot all day without going bankrupt.
Checkout the savage Model 12 bench rest line, I've got a BVSS .223 and the thing is a tack driver. Keeps pace with 6ppc & 6br bench rifles in my club competitions.
>>
>>31380095
.338LM isn't economical at this time, in fact .50BMG can actually be more economical (plenty of surplus .50 brass, bullets and ammo)

If you are looking at it, stop.
And go buy a .300 Win Mag instead

.300WM is performs slightly worse but is much cheaper, is still a 2000m+ cartridge, and has hunting loads developed for it, and for now any reason to go for .338LM is a reason to just go .50BMG instead.

There is a reason the army adopted the ESR in .300WM with .308 barrels and optional .338LM barrels, most of the shit .338 can do win mag does cheaper
>>
>>31382704
This guy knows his shit.
The one thing keeping .338lm truly uneconomical is the outrageous price of brass, Lapua gets $280 for a box of 100 cases. It's an accurate hard hitting round and if you need to hunt water buffalo at 2000yd because you're that jackass then it's perfect and you can probably afford it. Op is not that guy.
>>
>>31380095
>Wanting a necked down 416 rigby.

It's like you don't even double rifle.
>>
Cost to reload match ammo seems to be $1.10/shot if I'm not mistaken; doesn't seem too unreasonable; twice 308 or so. Brass costs will probably be the major investment.

I didn't see the value in 6.5/7RM/300WM over 308 because the difference is fairly marginal, but maybe I'm a fucktard. I would still use my 308 most of the time.
>>
Buy a 300 win mag

It's about as good as a 338

I honestly doubt you'll complain.

Only the most elite sharpshooters need a 338a . A few years ago they were fine with 300 win mag.

.50 bmg if you want real power.
>>
>>31382810
The difference isnt really that marginal, hell some guys have purpose built .300wm's to throw 220gr vlds past 2500yd. I love my .308 Palma but thats not really a margianal difference.
https://youtu.be/WaEgC-qX0SM
>See

There really is no reason to have .338lm right now unless you have any plans of spot and stalk hunts on armed personnel or grizzly bears at retarded ranges.
Your going to be nothing but remorseful once you realize youre spending all that money just to do the same thing a round that's less than half the price can do.
>>
>>31382810
Why do you want a .338lm anyways op?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.