[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aside from shooting at the range, what else do you train, /k/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 14

File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (2MB, 3860x2564px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
2MB, 3860x2564px
Aside from shooting at the range, what else do you train, /k/?
>>
File: 1474204769795.jpg (127KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474204769795.jpg
127KB, 1080x1080px
>>31375951
Regularly go on hikes with all my gear on, usually with a few buds.

And I also regularly run.
>>
>>31375951
Cardio and light strength workouts
>>
>>31375978
shes super spooky
>>
File: 1473613779162.jpg (160KB, 975x731px) Image search: [Google]
1473613779162.jpg
160KB, 975x731px
i lift weights.

>bench 255
>squat 255
>deadlift 205
>>
>>31375999
>squat and bench the same
>squat 50lbs higher than deadlift

What the hail
>>
>>31376011
my weight room is in a tiny bedroom upstairs. i'm limited.
>>
>>31375999
>DL 255

are you a she?
>>
Lift weights and run
Spending long amounts of time alone
>>
>>31376080
me is that you?
>>
File: 16092016290.jpg (624KB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
16092016290.jpg
624KB, 2592x1456px
>>31375951
>Aside from shooting at the range, what else do you train, /k/?

various bladed weapons fencing.
>>
>>31376096
I think so.
>>
>>31375999
Your squat is the same as your bench?? Did you miss leg day?
>>
>>31376140
he missed leg year.
>>
>>31376148
Yep, squat should be about twice your weight... at least
>>
>Distance running (completed first marathon 3 months ago)
>Swimming
>Lifting + Bodyweight Training (I only train 10 movements total though)
>GF has been teaching me Russian and Polish, want to learn Spanish and some Mandarin as well

I want to learn advanced levels of first aid, but I have no idea how to go about it with a hands on approach.

I also have double major in psychology and nutrition for what that's worth.
>>
>>31375978
Hello spooky skellington.
>>
>>31375951
I am a boots autist. I like to have my footwear broken in so I hike and climb and occasionally run and sprint.

It's a challenging task to find good boots, trainers or solid trekking sandals.

I used to do Shotokan karate, but I dropped it because Sensei Ortiz wanted to make me a soldier and all I wanted was just to get myself in better shape. Bad choice for me, I admit that.
>>
Would American boxing (striking) / Judo (grappling) be the best practical combination when it comes to hand to hand self defense?
>>
>>31376190
>some Mandarin as well
My girlfriend got me started learning Mandarin because she is Taiwanese. Its a fun language to learn and quite easy. I use an app called HelloChinese. It lets you learn the pinyin (the latin script you use to type on keyboards to write Mandarin, as well as pronounce it), the stroke order of characters, and the characters themselves, as well as how to speak them (it has sections you have to say the words on, as well as sentences). Its free too, and no ads or anything. Good little program.

It makes my girlfriend blush really hard when I talk to here in Mandarin and say romantic stuff. You want to make a girl wet? Learn her language.
>>
Lots of strenuous wrist exercises.
>>
>>31376238
>irregular gf

poor sob.
>>
>>31376118
>fencing

a tip of the hat to you good sir.
>>
>>31376252
I'm not sure I follow fully. I understand you're probably talking shit about her nationality, but otherwise I'm not sure.
>>
>>31376238
>You want to make a girl wet? Learn her language.

God damn, all the English speaking cashiers must be short on unsoiled underwear.
>>
>>31375951
If the range is closed OP, the I'll usually practice at my local mall or airport.
>>
>>31376280
You know what he meant faggot
>>
>>31376265
I'm not a fat weaboo if that's what youa re implying. I'm 182cm at 78kg.

>>31376269
>nationality

nope.
>>
>>31376236
it's a great foundation.

remember guys, skills are perishable.
>>
>>31376297
The lineage is finally revealed. Many people are at a loss for a response when someone says "You don't know Jack Schitt." Now you can intellectually handle the situation.

Jack is the son of Awe Schitt and O. Schitt. Awe Schitt, the fertilizer magnate, married O. Schitt, the owner of Needeep N. Schitt Inc. They had one son, Jack. In turn Jack Schitt married Noe Schitt, the deeply religious couple produced 6 children: Holie Schitt, Fulla Schitt, Giva Schitt, Bull Schitt, and the twins: Deap Schitt and Dip Schitt. Against her parents' objections, Deap Schitt married Dumb Schitt, a high school drop out.

However, after being married 15 years, Jack and Noe Schitt divorced. Noe Schitt later remarried Ted Sherlock and, because her kids were living with them, she wanted to keep her previous name.

She was then known as Noe Schitt-Sherlock. Meanwhile, Dip Schitt married Loda Schitt and they produced a son of nervous disposition, Chicken Schitt. Two other of the 6 children, Fulla Schitt and Giva Schitt, Were inseparable throughout childhood and subsequently married the Happens brothers in a dual ceremony.

The wedding announcement in the newspaper announced the Schitt-Happens wedding. The Schitt-Happens children were Dawg, Byrd, and Hoarse. Bull Schitt, the prodigal son, left home to tour the world. He recently returned from Italy with his new Italian bride, Pisa Schitt.

So now when someone says, "you don't know Jack Schitt," you can correct them.
>>
>>31376236
I've boxed on and off most of my adult life and have 4 amateur fights, I've also done a few PKBs and roll from time to time with some friends, so I'll try and answer from that experience.

Practical self defense means knowing how to fight, not practicing "self defense moves" in a class for some specific scenario like when someone grabs your wrist or something, and if you want to achieve that it means a solid while training in one specific thing (8-12mos in my experience) and sparring regularly/hard. It also means having a really solid mindset for deescalation and timing.

But sparring and competition is probably the biggest thing. People love to say they are experienced fighters or they've practiced <X> karate/tae kwan do/jitsu/aikido/whatever for years, but unless they've actually fought/competed, it's not worth shit. I've watched guys who hit mits and bags like pros get beat around and quit after 2 rounds with 16 year old kids, and I've regularly watched competition blue belts at my old gym dominate guys with purple and brown belts.

Whatever you choose to learn, it's more important that you learn it hard than anything else in particular, and sparring/fighting/comp is the only real way to test that in my opinion.
>>
I ride motorcycles/regular bicycles, do HMB, make (really shitty) furniture, dabble in farming and have recently thought about knife making/blacksmithing

I also like to draw and watercolor paint and read. I've recently been trying to be as much as a "renaissance man" as possible.
>>
>>31376344
Oh, and I know people like lifting weights, which is cool and all because it's healthy and good to be strong and yada yada, but don't be that guy who just bulks up and gets huge and muscly lifting 24/7 and thinks he's tough and can take people on.

You're not, you can't, and being a big muscle dude doesn't do anything to make you a much better fighter unless you have strong base in something where it makes a difference like wrestling.
It certainly is not going to help you in any way for striking or rolling though.
>>
>>31376423
cardio is much more important for guys aspiring to be /k/ommandos. in fact, lifting weights is detrimental. most ppl ruin their joints and back doing it. if you can do 60 push ups and 30 pullups your fine.
>>
>>31375951

I argue on /k/
>>
>>31376485
Cardio is more important for your heart and long term health alone, but both are very important for overall quality of health and life.
>lifting weights is detrimental.
It's not. A solid lifting routine is essential to overall physical health and performance, the same as a good cardio routine of some sort is. Too much /fit/ garbage has people convinced that aesthetics are more important than actual health and performance.
>most ppl ruin their joints and back doing it.
This is like saying guns are dangerous because stupid people use them.
>>
File: NEVER GIVE UP.webm (553KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
NEVER GIVE UP.webm
553KB, 320x320px
>>31376066
careful with your back when you lower that DL trying not to jack up your bedroom lol
>>
>>31376529
no, cardio is more important for you being able to perform soldier shit like going up and down stairs with maybe 50lbs of shit etc. - you know, general gun fighting shit. for this, your benchpress max doesnt matter at all.
>>
>>31376566
>NEVER GIVE UP.webm
stop torturing that poor crab asshole!
>>
>>31375999
Dude, I hope you didn't post that picture to imply that you are bearmode. Aside from bench, those weights are lower than what I started lifting at, Jesus Christ. There's no shame in having low weight RMs, but don't post that shit to the Internet and expect to look tough.
>>
I focus on business to make enough money to be able to pay people off and control/manipulate legal and political systems so that I can achieve whatever I want and maintain true autonomy.
>>
>>31376280

Fucking kek'd
>>
>>31376240
gimme source on this cute catboy pls
>>
>>31376566
believe me i am aware. it sucks having to do it that way, but gotta go with what i have.

it's in the spare room, btw.
>>
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

felix argyl
>>
>>31375994
>>31376205
>implying you wouldn't fuck her tight after taking off all your gear after a long day of operating
>>
>>31376590
>those weights are lower than what I started lifting at

you are a skinnyfat faggot i can guarantee it.
>>
>>31376238
>chink gf
lmao
>>
>>31376696
>>31376690
>>
>>31376714
She's pretty great. Cute, sweet, and doesn't mind guns. She isn't comfortable around them, but she shot them in school due to the fact that Taiwan has conscription, so they were introduced to firearms and firearm safety.

I'm pretty happy right now. I don't give a fuck what /pol/ thinks.
>>
File: 1474210958735.jpg (769KB, 1091x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1474210958735.jpg
769KB, 1091x1280px
>>31376740
>I don't give a fuck what /pol/ thinks.

>everything I don't like it /pol/

stop responding
>>
>>31376485
>>31376568
fucking hell cardio bunnies are retarded.
>>
>>31376740
>I don't give a fuck what /pol/ thinks.

then you are already lost.
>>
>>31376740
yeah, sounds to me like you're the typical white guy that gets a chink gf. you want to know why she's with you? because she's too unattractive for asian men to pursue her.
>>
Disabled, so sometimes I'll hobble on a treadmill or swim in a pool, then drink myself to sleep after because the pain is unbearable.
>>
>>31375951
I love sitting at home and exercising my hands
>>
I'm decently well rounded.
>run around a lot
>"bush" camping
>paintball (woodsball but I don't do it anymore because of the price)
>airsoft (now after paintball, still just guys shooting eachother innawoods.)
>bodyweight workouts before bed.
>first aid and hand-to-hand/melee, took a pretty neat law enforcement course. (not a cop tho)

I also have a vegetable garden
>>
train with my dragon dildo every day for two hours.
>>
>>31375999
DL less than you bench? you must have a weird body
>>
>>31376714
He said Taiwanese. Yes. But No. Get your cultures right anon.

>>31376740
Cool going dude.

I just broke up with my (ex) gf. No worries, it ended up relatively clean and ok.

Funny thing though but I wish I'd meet a nice girl I never before thought I'd date, or even share my life with.
>>
>>31376918
Its a problem now because I need to start thinking about how I'm going to try to keep her in the country. Hopefully she can find a job after she gets her masters, unless I marry her first or something, but that would be really fast.

My one big goal is to get her comfortable with guns so she enjoys them. Right now she won't touch them.
>>
>>31376514
Don't we all
>>
>>31376699
I dont like to fuck forks
>>
>>31375978
>>31376699
Holy shit I love girls like this. Makes me sad they're so rare.
>>
File: paradise.webm (3MB, 490x266px) Image search: [Google]
paradise.webm
3MB, 490x266px
Nothing. I don't even go to the range.

I don't even have a gun.
>>
>>31376974
(I'm the anon you replied to)

Are you American?

How about H-1B?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H-1B_visa
>>
File: russian-girl-gaze.jpg (48KB, 276x442px) Image search: [Google]
russian-girl-gaze.jpg
48KB, 276x442px
>>31377046
They have them out there. Dear God do they.
>>
>>31377046
Have another.
>>
>>31377046
And another version of that "another" (same girl btw)
>>
File: 1463576391561.gif (1022KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
1463576391561.gif
1022KB, 500x264px
>>31375951
at your mom's house
>>
>>31377358
>>31377389
>>31377407
I love you senpai desu
>>
File: 1473727236820.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1473727236820.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
I lift weights, have hit the 1/2/3/4lmaopl8s
I'm an enthusiast grade lockpick (I don't fuck with dimple locks or anything with more than one set of pins)
I'm improving on my spanish and talk to native speakers whenever possible
I run distance, ruck and cycle
I camp often, and am trying to improve my fishing skills
>>
>>31377843
>I camp often, and am trying to improve my fishing skills
But do you hunt?
>>
>>31377867
It seems like a pain in the ass unless you hunt with friends, with the permitting, field dressing, etc.

An older guy I know from work wants to go some time, so I figure I'll learn from him
>>
>>31377898
>An older guy I know from work wants to go some time, so I figure I'll learn from him
It's a good skill to learn. If you find that you enjoy it you should try bow hunting.
>>
Camping
Hunting
Fishing
Sewing
Leatherwork
Running
Ballet
Jewelry making
Drawing
Working on French
Bicycling
And I really want to get back into fencing, since the only martial arts skills I have outside of elementary school tae kwon do is a green belt in MCMAP, which everyone knows is barely worth shit outside of opening bottles.
>>
>>31378059
bow hunting is hard as fuck, but the challenge makes it the most noble way IMO. also, black powder.
>>
>>31375951
I bet most of the tripfaggots from /arg/ could handle being an armorer.
>>
>>31375951
I swim and freedive.

t. Sam Fisher
>>
>>31376080
I need to start lifting again.
>>
>>31378292
By the way is it weird that I'm 19 and I like a 16 year old
>>
>>31378514
No you fucking autist.
>>
>>31377787
Always there to inspire you.

Now, go get them.
>>
Camping, hunting, etc. General bushcraft. Really need to learn how to fish.
Woodworking, also trying to get into metalworking and welding.
Running - doing the Detroit Free Press marathon again this year. The running community is shit but it's a good way for me to work out.
Tae Kwon Do/Krav Maga - I haven't practiced at gym/school/dojo in ages, but I still spar with my stepdad and train on a heavy bag. Just enough to try to stay sharp.
I quit engineering for history, but I still try to do a lot of design work where possible. Currently working on a proprietary semi-automatic rifle design, a blow-forward target pistol (for the hell of it), and an AR-15 conversion to make it legal for my friend down in Argentina. I need to find some non-firearm projects as well, but there's nothing that really interests me. I am looking at doing an ultralight kit build (Kolb Firestar 2), so I guess that sorta fits. And I do work on cars in my limited spare time.
I'm also learning German (nearly fluent), and trying to decide on another language to take up next. Reading Nietzsche is fun once you except that the universe is depressing as fuck.

It's good to be well-rounded. ESPECIALLY in a SHTF scenario. No point in surviving that with a shitload of guns if you're otherwise a worthless human being. Doesn't matter if its intellectual, practical, whatever - at least have one uncommon skill, ideally either creating or fixing something.
>>
>>31379160
>Reading Nietzsche is fun once you except that the universe is depressing as fuck.

Ein nervöser Mensch, haha. C'mon, there is an entire sun shining outside buddy.

>It's good to be well-rounded.

Almost there:

>"A well-rounded man is an artist, warrior, and philosopher."

And the guy who established that whole expression:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benvenuto_Cellini

Jason Everman is one of those ones ever to practice that credo to it's limits, without any shame or cringe.
>>
>>31379160
What was the highest belt you got when you did Taekwondo? I haven't met anybody that's done it since I stopped.
>>
>>31375999
I guess thank you for being honest?
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.