[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How accurate is this show?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: gk13.jpg (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
gk13.jpg
1MB, 1680x1050px
>>
>>31373630

In what way OP? General attitude during youe time serving or the initial invasion of iraq?
>>
>>31373630
It's anti-war liberal trash that tried to make soldiers look like monsters.
>>
>>31373630
very accurate

>>31373770
lol
>>
>>31373630
Very accurate. Watch the behind the scenes and the interview with the guys the show is based on.
>>
>>31373630
fuckin accurate
>>
Accurate to the throat cancer guy
>>
>>31373630
100% accurate.
>>
>>31373630

Generation Kill has decently accurate /k/ stuff.

There are also quite enough hints, tips and undercurrents that it would qualify as a drinking game for servicemen, only if they wanted.
>>
>>31373630
As a former active duty Marine, this show captures the mindset and general deployment attitute spot fucking on.
>>
>>31373630
TEMPO TEMPO TEMPO
>>
>>31374397

Faggot
>>
File: CaptainAmerica.jpg (36KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
CaptainAmerica.jpg
36KB, 750x600px
>>31373630
I deployed as an 0311 to Iraq in 2005, a little after those guys. it's accurate to a point watching it only brings back memories of my own deployment.

Source: my moustache hairs were police called
>>
>>31374406
Your dad's a faggot.
>>
>>31373630

I can't watch it because the name "Generation Kill" makes me cringe so hard.
>>
>>31373770
>the soldiers
They're muhreens anon.

Also, the marines were all sympathetic characters, and so were one or two officers. The show wasn't decrying the war, but the mishandling by command and the ROE.
>>
>>31374458
You might have autism.
>>
>>31373630
WE LOVE YOU FRUITY RUDY
>>
>>31374443
imagine if they cast the guy as captain america in the films
>>
>>31374443
that actor is unbelievably good at acting insane.
>>
>>31374911
Everyone loves Fruity Rudy.
>>
It and Jarhead were the only accurate depictions of the military.
>>
>>31373630
The Book Was Better.
>>
>>31373770
>tried to make soldiers look like monsters.

the only character that was truly fucked up was trombly, everyone else was just jaded and weird.
>>
>>31375061
MORE LIKE TROMBLEY?!
>>
>>31375209
WHOPPER JR WHOPPER JR
>>
>>31373770
If you are a soldier and not a pog or an idiot... Monster is a safe bet.
>>
99% of people in the military arent actually that intelligent/good looking/witty. Other than that, decently.
>>
>>31377750
POG spotted.

Dude. Combat makes guys suddenly Very sharp and Very crafty Very quickly from the first actual contact with the enemy. And from there onwards they tend to stay that way. Because there is no other way.

>witty
"Rip fuel" does wonders and also strange things on those endless patrols. I think that particular thing was well depicted in GK.

>witty
A funny anecdote: Back in the day WW2 when bomber fleets advanced deeper in German airspace and the first time spotted the Messerschmitt Me 163 Komet, the bomber crews reported back home that
>A huge bat flies around here
It took awhile for the Allied Bomber Command to take these reports seriously because they knew that bomber squads are flying under influence of strong stimulants to keep them awake, and it was not really unheard of how such medical chemistry makes people see things which are not that real.

>witty
If you watched the GK to the end scene where guys are lifting weights, Cpl Person, when asked why he has nothing to say anymore, answers that no more ripped fuel.

>witty
Experienced officers and NCOs usually have an answer ready for everything. And it comes out pretty quickly.

>good looking
I say it again: POG spotted.
>>
>>31378373
>squads are flying under influence of strong stimulants to keep them awake

Looks like Japanese squads were not using any and therefore fell asleep in the cockpit and crashed in the sea.

Here's the testimony of Honda Minoru, a WW2 Japanese ace.
Start the video at 6:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JitLr5D7LSI
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.