[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever regret not joining the military?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 12

File: 1450162846275.png (481KB, 1734x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1450162846275.png
481KB, 1734x1080px
Do you ever regret not joining the military?
>>
No, because I did.

I do regret going to college though. Supposedly my opinion on that is supposed to change and I'll definitely think it was worth it looking back twenty years from now, according to all of my mentors during my high school years. Still hasn't happened though, five years in.
>>
No, not really.
I mean at the time sure, but looking back, my country hasn't deployed anywhere in years so I wouldn't have been doing anything.
>>
>joining in peacetime
>>
>>31372508
>Still gets a trip to Afghanistan.
>>
>>31372437
No, because if I had joined when I was 18 I would have been sent to fight in an illegal war of aggression against a sovereign nation, and if I joined now everyone would think I'm just a bitch that wants the paycheck but is afraid to do the work.
>>
>>31372673
>and if I joined now everyone would think I'm just a bitch that wants the paycheck but is afraid to do the work.
And why would you care what other people think?
>>
>>31372437
I regret thinking this shit would not suck.
>tfwcuntscript
>>
No, I actually shoot and train way more by myself than if I were in the military. And I don't have to be cleaning my uniform, gun and room all day everyday.
>>
>>31372685
Because people suck at managing their emotions and it will impede my ability to perform my duties. I don't care what anyone else thinks of what I do as long as I have the freedom not to associate with them if I so choose.

Also, there's the part where we'll be illegally invading another country within a year of Hillary's coronation.
>>
kind of but I know it would have been hell because I can't do distance running for shit so no cool guy stuff. I would have been a pog and why the hell be a pog when you can get paid more in the private industry?
>>
>>31372437
>Do you ever regret not joining the military?

I did and I regret being associated with the hordes of cringelord emotionally unstable "11 bang bangs" and "always a muhreen" fagtards I see everywhere.

I got this one former marine kuck in a college class for example
>talks about killing shit frequently in this forced try hard fashion as if to say "hey..hey remember I was a MUHREEN? I said that 10 minutes ago"
>Occasionally gets a limp and has to let everyone know that he goes to physical therapy at the VA in a way that makes it seem like he's trying to connect himself with "wounded warrior" status but doesn't have the guts to straight up lie
>Harps on the teenage students about how joining the Muhreens was the best decision of his life because "he joined to kill hajji and break shit and that's just what he got to do"
>describes the muhreens as "the biggest gang in the world"

I don't think I can accurately describe how much of a faggot this cucktard is through text desu
>>
>>31372839
That's you, isn't it?
>>
>>31372839
>biggest gang in the world
It is though man. I was raised in LA, grew up with bangers and people who became bangers. Lost a friend due to gang violence. He killed 3 people for the gang and is now serving life for something as petty as "the gang." At that point I decided I'd join the biggest gang there is, the US armed forces.

Your guy sounds like a poser though.
>>
I kind of regret not going right after HS, coz I would have been out by now (I'm 23) with some dough in the bank, not a care in sight, and going to school with some hard core discipline.
>>
>>31372864
Nah man that ain't me
>>
>>31372437
why would i want to join the military in the first place?
>>
>>31372732

How's training by yourself going for you?
>>
>>31372437
it was crushing to learn they wouldn't ever take me because of a family history of service, but then I got seriously "redpilled" on just how shitty it is.

even my dad who was in the airforce for 20 years left with a bad taste in his mouth in 07 thanks to how shitty things were getting. im sure he counts his lucky stars that he decided to get out at 20 rather than 25 and having to deal with the Obama bullshit and all his BBRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTs that he had worked with for over a decade gone.
>>
>>31372963
meant to phrase that as, no one would take me because of asthma that has bothered me since I was knee high to my parents.
>>
>>31372839
>>
>two dollars an hour
>shitty and uncertain hours
No thanks.
>>
>>31372437
I regret thinking I was ever suited for the military.
>>
>>31372437
I joined, regretted joining and went """"suicidal"""" in basic. Military mental hospitals are nice, I just regret wasting everyone's time and effort.
>>
>>31372673
>>31372789
>war is bad
>it's illegal
I use to hear that shit all the time when I was a kid, made me want to leave the U.S. the rest of the world really doesn't compare that well to the U.S. though. I would of regretted not attempting military service if I hadn't tried. The rest of the world is so fucked up, just look at the places after WWII that were split occupied by the U.S. and Russia, East Germans tried to flee West (or anywhere). South Korea is doing pretty well, Russian occupied North Korea?
Call the modern wars illegal... ISIS didn't pop up from no where that's what the people living there were like before they started a war with us. Funny how they fight wars with Russian weaponry though isn't it? Especially when people talk endlessly about how a small group of them got training from the U.S. once and those guys would probably be around retirement age by the time those wars started up if they were even still alive.
There is a lot of wrong doing in the world, the U.S. is one of the few places trying to do good. All that anti war talk was commie/hippy propaganda
>>
File: 1473923075076.png (46KB, 174x238px) Image search: [Google]
1473923075076.png
46KB, 174x238px
>>31373291
>I would of
>>
>>31372885

same

I regret not giving more of a shit when I was 18, being out by now (also 23), and having those sweet sweet benefits now instead of just having sit on my ass in my room like a NEET faggot for 5 years
>>
File: 1471353852871.png (463KB, 541x498px) Image search: [Google]
1471353852871.png
463KB, 541x498px
>>31373303
I love how that triggers normies on all these boards, every time.
I'm glad you could take something away from what I said.
>>
A bit. Then I remember that I'd have to shower and shit in front of them and being Asian it'd be constant small dick jokes and getting an erection for a dick measuring contest would not be in my favor. There was enough of this kind of shit in high school and I was just lucky that there were others lower on the totem pole who they could turn their attention to.
>>
>>31372437
>regret not working for the government

fuck no
>>
>>31372437

hell no, I could never in good conscience fight for the strong arm of politics
>>
>Regret being a welfare queen
No
>>
I regret it quite often, fuck my PDQ. However, I suppose in the long run I'll be much happier driving semis and making boatloads of cash instead.
>>
>>31372508
There's other reasons to join than just to see combat.
And if you want combat during "peacetime" then get into some kind of Special Operations.
>>
>>31372732
So you get to go to the gun range and nobody can make you do exercise and you can eat all the chicken tendies you want.

Self-taught operators are so cool.
>>
>>31372437
I still have time. Might try to be WO or attempt OCS after college. Then I wanna join AZ Nat Guard.
>>
I kinda do, because everyone I've met who served has this unspoken comradery and sense of brotherhood that I can never really get in on. Whenever I hang with my ex-green beret and ex marine friends I feel like I'm a third wheel.
>>
>>31373291
>Call the modern wars illegal
We had justification to go into Afghanistan. I would have no issue with being stationed there. There is absolutely no legal or even moral basis for the invasion of Iraq, though.
>ISIS didn't pop up from no where
You're right, it came all over the Middle East after we toppled the government that was keeping them out.
>>
>>31373069
Orrrrrr you can not be a bitch and get into the good life of special operations.

I know a CCT that just got a 90k (tax free) re enlistment bonus for another 4 years (he's going to do 20 total and is about halfway there).
That's on top of the jump/dive/special pay and bennies.
This guy gets to take home thousands of rounds of .308 and 5.56 for "training".
Not to mention when he walks out after 20 years he's still an FAA certified air traffic controller and can waltz into a 6 figure job.

Don't be a regular grunt.
>>
File: 200px-19sfg.svg.png (6KB, 200x231px) Image search: [Google]
200px-19sfg.svg.png
6KB, 200x231px
>>31375672
>Special Operations
People capitalize this like it's an official name. Please stop.

With that said, I have no regrets on this matter.
>>
>>31372673
>afraid to do the work
Dude if you think infantry even in peace time is an easy paycheck your fucking wrong. You spend a lot of time away from home and you do so much bullshit. There is plenty of entry level civilian careers that are easier the this and also pay better
>>
Nah, i have friends that joined. Nobody cares,it's a job. My brothers don't care I wasn't in the service. I just don't get all their fucked up jokes sometimesthat have to do with over there.l
>>
>>31372437
fuck no. I dealt with drunks, power mad faggots, the mentally insane, the mentally retarded, giant closet cases, emotionally abused children, substandard housing with a prison mentality enough at home and in school. why the fuck would i volunteer to join the boys scout troop of the damned for?
>>
>>31375601
I was highly disappointed with just how casually gay the atmosphere was in the barracks, that the penis play and origies werent more common than they were. there is a reason it always smelled like someones buttsweat from being buttfuked, and not just from running around.

I should have joined the navy.
>>
No...I regret the mos I went into.

Signal is filled with a shit load of faggots and senior ncos that care about the most irrelevant shit...at least I'm in the airborne community, which leads to my 2nd regret of view dubbing in rasp
>>
>do you ever regret not joining the military
Somewhat, yes. I'm incredibly disciplined and don't quit, so I'd like to think I could have made it past basic. When I was 18 I was fit and had a lot of energy, but a few years back I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism so I'm fat and sleepy all the time despite me trying to run a few miles daily.

It's nice having a college degree though
>>
>>31372437
I really wanted to join the military, but benghazi happened right before I turned military age, and I saw all the other horrible shit happening, my cousin returning fucked up as all shit with PTSD from being a Coreman, I hated Obama and could never fight for him while he simultaneously armed the enemy and covered up deaths and terrorist attacks. Not to mention that unless I became some sort of spec op and got a SCAR, I would end up with the fucking meme16 and its shitty unreliable platform and weak round to defend myself.
TL;DR give me a decent firearm and a decent leader and sign me up.
>>
>>31372437
welfare whores lol
>>
File: image_4.png (507KB, 624x475px) Image search: [Google]
image_4.png
507KB, 624x475px
Every single hour
>>
>>31372732
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

EVERY. FUCKING. TIME.
>>
I wouldn't have lasted if I did.
>>
>>31372732

This.

>join infantry
>do mindless irrelevant bullshit most of the time

or

>stay civilian
>no bullshit superiors, no assholes yelling at you all the time, get to choose your own loadout, train MORE than the "operators" xbox kiddies idolize, nobody forcing you to wake up at the crack of dawn to exercise, etc.

I'll become a warrior on my own time, thanks.
>>
File: IMG_3766.jpg (57KB, 351x443px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3766.jpg
57KB, 351x443px
>>31375779
Orrrrrrrrr you could stop talking out your ass.
>>
Joining the Military is one of the best career choices you can make.

Joining the military as a grunt of infantry is one of the worst career choices you can make.

Seriously though, choose a tech trade if you join.
>>
>>31372437
Kinda sorta, But then again I dont want to die in some shit hole for the jews. And or come back and have everyone hate me because Im a FUCKING WHITE MALE
>>
>>31378624
Pretty much, but at least a lot of them work for it. Not like most jobs are exactly rigorous and the fact they don't accomplish shit is the administration's fault not theirs.
>>
>>31380591
This is why I don't regret ever joining.
>become grunt
>get paid shit
>probably die
Or
>become technical guy
>get paid shit
>get told to eat shit
>no real respect from anybody for that

Honestly, it's only remotely worthy of joining if you can butterbar you're way to a better rank. Even then, always one extra dbag up the ladder to make life hell.

Not to mention undiagnosed depression
>oh you want to die?
>dishonorable discharge
>nobody respects that discharge
And if it revokes veteran status like I think it would, or lose the respect normal vets get
>kill self
Which drives me fuckinf insane, since I knew MP who was caught with heroin and thc is in system and they made his ass do was go to fucking rehab as if they couldn't send a guy to a psychologist if he's depressed. I mean wtf? We can have drug addicts and ex-drug addict, but as soon as you hate life, you're a threat? Fuck.
>>
>>31372437
Yup. But I am 30 and tempted to join the NG if they would have me. I have most of a Chemistry degree and have lately thought about joining up the local NBC response unit for the Seattle Area. If that is even a thing that exists.
>>
Kinda. Would've liked to gone in service of country & adventuring, made a hard choice to stay home and care for dying mother.
>>
>>31372437
I joined at seventeen and became an MMN in the Navy. I'm pretty okay with it Tbh
>>
Can anyone give me some advice? I'm 19, and I am strongly considering service. If I were to join I would try to become the best of the best and go special forces but i feel like if i said this to a recruiter I would probably just be placed on a base in the middle of bumfuck nowhere and mop floors. any SF in this thread?
>>
I would love to join but I'd be seperated from muh funs
>>
>>31372437
I regret not being able to join, but medical disqualifications for issues beyond my control are what keep me out.
>>
>>31380864
Well fuck
>>
>>31373086
Okay private Pyle
>>
>>31381052
how good at you at extreme physical endurance?

also if it's not in your contract you walk without signing. they can promise you the moon but if it doesn't say it in the contract it isn't happening.
>>
File: Israel Obama.gif (2MB, 858x570px) Image search: [Google]
Israel Obama.gif
2MB, 858x570px
>>31372437

Yeah, honestly. College was a terrible environment for me, I had the highest test scores in my highschool; but I flunked out of college because I was so miserable, depressed and lost in such an unstructured environment. One of my friends dropped out of college and joined the Navy's nuke school and she's pulling down $130,000 a year while I'm working menial labor and procrastinating about returning to a college environment that I hate which has only grown worse in the years since I left with the rise of the SJWs.

Still, we haven't had any good wars to fight and we've spent the last decade fucking up the middle east even more than it was (which is quite an accomplishment considering how good Muslims are at fucking things up for themselves). So its not like I missed out on any real glory.
>>
>>31372924
You ain't no senator's son.
>>
>Do you ever regret not joining the military?

At times..
My grandfather was a retired O-6 Marine fighter pilot. He was good friends with the CO of the NROTC at the state university where I was going to school. My grades weren't great, but I was basically garanteed a slot if I wanted it. I honestly was too distracted by getting fucked up and being pussy whipped by my then girlfriend to jump on the opportunity. Looking back it feels like a huge mistake, but then again I could have fucked up somehow and embarrassed my grandfather. I have a good career now, but I still get those feelings of regret at times. I'd be close to an officer's pension at this point.
>>
File: Soviet undies are cute, CUTE.jpg (134KB, 800x597px) Image search: [Google]
Soviet undies are cute, CUTE.jpg
134KB, 800x597px
I joined, but I fucking regret not staying in long enough to deploy while active. I fucking hate myself to not at least have experienced it and be able to bitch to civilians about how shitty it was.
>>
>>31378063
I remember being 12 too. This is an over 18 board son.
>>
I was in, but back in the 80's so it wasn't too terrible then. Sure, there was plenty of BS to go around but none of the politically correct shit that seems to have seeped into every facet of society today. Got to spend time surfing, dating hot latinas and then got out to go to college, which I had saved up for throughout my stint. All that hoo-ah airborne bullshit got left behind the day I ETS'ed.
>>
>>31372437
I regret joining.
>>
>>31372437
Sometimes, but I'm not sure the recruiter wasn't right about my inability to play along with authority figures who don't know what the fuck they are taking about.

I don't know if I've worked past that hangup, or if I've just managed to escape having to deal with dumbfucks with power over me.

If I've worked past it, I regret not doing so in the context of military service, but if I haven't, then military service would have been a terrible choice. College was bad enough, but provided what I suspect was far less incentive to deal with my issue.

Still jealous of my buddy who contacts. Physically and intellectually, I was and am more than his equal, but I work a 9-5 and he makes 4 times what I do, working 4 months a year and parties around the Mediterranean and South Pacific the rest of the year, because he can't be in country more than 30 days a year or he'll owe income taxes.
>>
im 19 just started my second year of my 5 year degree. Thinking about joining the Navy. What do you think? I cant afford college anymore?
>>
Nope. I can shoot guns and enjoy not being owned by the military and risking my life for dumb shit we shouldn't be doing.
>>
>>31380507
Doesn't work of your a lazy POS though. Plus my milsurp seems somewhat less autisitc to family + women
>>
I don't know if I was mature enough.

I do regret it, but after hearing 10+ buddies' enlisted and commissioned experiences I really don't.

"Diversity is our greatest strength" is a new motto. It's a joke. The only people who get promoted are women and minorities, and they're actively removing safety standards so that they can get more female pilots. It's a fucking joke.

God forbid we get into a war, people are going to die in the name of diversity.
>>
>>31372437
I was 2 weeks too young to enter the officer Corps so I went to university instead.
>>
Often.
I see the comraderie between my friends even from different branches and with absolite strangers and feel left out. Come from a law enforcement and military family. Was young and guilttripped henpecked by the women in my family due to my cousin being k.i.a. around the first year of operation Iraqi freedom. Tfw no face for the regret I feel for listening to my woman my mother grandmother and aunts.
>>
>>31375776

Final UN resolution before the invasion found Iraq in violation of all requirements as part of their cease-fire agreement. WMDs included chemical and nuclear WMDs in the same line. By not forcing Saddam to comply with weapons inspections for 5 years and allowing US intelligence in Iraq to dwindle, Bill Clinton's administration and the feckless UN brought doubt into whether or not Saddam had WMDs. Foreign spy agencies outside the US also did not share intelligence with the US.

Saddam slaughtered the Kurds to the North and the Shiites to the South using gunships instead of delivering humanitarian aid when his air force was allowed to take off again after the peace agreement. This led to the creation of the no fly zone where Saddam fired upon coalition aircraft 88 times and placed his anti-air defenses on top of hospitals, schools and near embassies.

In the meantime, Kofi Annan's son was in charge of the oil for food program which was supposed to give food to the Iraqi people without giving Saddam liquid assets to buy weapons and keep himself in power. By taking bribes and delivering cash, it allowed Saddam to keep himself in power and undermined sanctions that were the only way to force compliance without violence.

If peaceful negotiations fail and your sanctions are being undermined, the alternative is war. There is absolutely no legal or even moral basis for defending Saddam Hussein or the UN.
>>
>>31372437
>Fighting for Israel
>Fighting for your country when it's under direct threat

Pick one.
>>
>>31372437
not really

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdeOp82fWZY
>>
No because I did and got out. Went to college. Moved back home to Switzerland. Got my doctorate. Life is good.

US. Mil taught me hard work, and gave me a lot of fantastic opportunities.
>>
>>31380795
You can control a drug addict by controlling his supply. you can't control someone who just doesn't give a shit anymore.
>>
>>31383756
B-but BLOOD for OIL, anon! BLOOD FOR OIL!
>>
>>31372437
Joined, its really boring but steady. Everyone's jimmys are rustled because the military is becoming a social experiment with transvestites and what not. Every commanders call is quite comical.
>>
File: 1459140755547.jpg (9KB, 239x241px) Image search: [Google]
1459140755547.jpg
9KB, 239x241px
>>31372732
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.