[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /k/'s weapon of choice in case of Robot apocalypse?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 12

File: terminator 2.gif (596KB, 500x223px) Image search: [Google]
terminator 2.gif
596KB, 500x223px
What's /k/'s weapon of choice in case of Robot apocalypse?
>>
>>31370697
Don't worry about it, lad.
>>
>>31370697

Thermite and lots of it.
>>
Vehicles possible?

AirWolf>

or a modernized dshkm for that time with explosive ammo
>>
SKS
I'm probably gonna die quick.
>>
>>31370697
I'd probably try out a focused microwave gun. If that doesn't work, probably something with armor piercing ammo.
>>
>>31370726

fuck you nigga, I am gonna worry about it, I've been living in fear of the singularity and the robot apocolypse ever since I saw a bunch of movies on the subject as a young child and as a pre-teen.

Seein 2001 as a teen didn't help
>>
File: grey fox.jpg (215KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
grey fox.jpg
215KB, 1366x768px
In order to defeat the machines, man must first become one.
>>
>>31370697
Some cheap but effective explosive. Chances are, shock & blood loss doesn't kill machines.
>>
>>31370828

but what if you get hacked?
>>
ICBMs. Lots of ICBMs
>>
>>31370870
>leaving the cyberdocs office without disabling your wireless receivers
>2075

I seriously hope you chummers don't do this.
>>
>>31370888

the animatrix proved this isn't a viable course anon
>>
>>31370894
The 2nd rennaissance was a load of shit.
>discover nukes make EMP circa friggin 1945
>robots only weakness is EMP
>nukes don't work on bots, lol
>>
>>31371001
Use nuke on robots

they dont give a fuck and just fly away into the stratosphere
>>
>>31371001
This
>>
File: 1472879918815.gif (3MB, 257x212px) Image search: [Google]
1472879918815.gif
3MB, 257x212px
Phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range
>>
File: 1369721141542.jpg (34KB, 368x368px) Image search: [Google]
1369721141542.jpg
34KB, 368x368px
>>31371050
>>
Build an even better AI and stronger robots to fight the rogue AI.
>>
FMJ and steel core everything in case they're made of some hard metal. If they're anything like real robots though, a shot to the leg servos with just about anything and they'll go down like a sack of bricks.
>>
>>31371104
I feel like that will result in a neverending cycle of better AIs and robots fighting the last better AI and it's robots.
>>
>>31370697
An army of T-1000s

>Humans BTFO
>>
>>31371001

To be fair, EMP doesn't have as much of an effect on small circuitry as it does on large power grids. I get all my knowledge from wikipedia, but somewhere in all those articles, specifically on atmospheric EMPs, one particular scientist stated that things like watches and cellphones won't be affected the same way power grids will be, where lengths of wire tens or hundreds of miles long can better conduct the energy from an EMP, which lead to (in Russia, I believe) equipment being blown at power stations.

>not necessarily saying you're wrong, I'm just lead to believe based on memory if things I've read that the shorter a length of conductive material in a circuit, i.e. a printed circuit board vs a 100 mile length of telephone wire, the less susceptible to EMP effects that circuit is
>>
>>31372097

To follow up, specific quotes:

>The worst effects of a Soviet high-altitude test occurred on 22 October 1962, in the Soviet Project K nuclear tests (ABM System A proof tests) when a 300 kt missile-warhead detonated near Dzhezkazgan at 290-km altitude. The EMP fused 570 km of overhead telephone line with a measured current of 2,500 A, started a fire that burned down the Karaganda power plant, and shut down 1,000-km of shallow-buried power cables between Aqmola and Almaty.

The Partial Test Ban Treaty was passed the following year, ending atmospheric and exoatmospheric nuclear tests. The Outer Space Treaty of 1967 banned the stationing and use of nuclear weapons in space. The Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty of 1996 prohibits all kinds of nuclear explosions; whether over- or underground, underwater or in the atmosphere.

>Common misconceptions[edit]
A 2010 technical report written for the US government's Oak Ridge National Laboratory included a brief section addressing common EMP myths.[43] The remainder of this section is a direct quotation from that Oak Ridge report regarding common HEMP Myths:

Much of the literature on HEMP is either classified or not easily accessible. Probably because of this, some of what is openly available tends to vary in accuracy – some, especially from the Internet, has major inaccuracies. Some discussions of HEMP have the right words and concepts, but do not quite have them put together right, or have inaccurate interpretations. Here we will discuss some common misunderstandings. HEMP has also appeared in some movies, and there are on-line discussions about possible errors in their depiction of HEMP. Here we will be concerned with E1 HEMP, and ignore misunderstandings about other types of EMP.
>>
>>31372131

1962 experience: Some point to the Starfish event, and the rather minor HEMP effects produced at Hawaii by it. However, there are many problems with extrapolating that experience:
1. That was about half a century ago. Since then, the use of electronics has increased greatly, and the type of sensitive electronics we currently use did not really exist back then.
2. The burst was fairly far away from Hawaii, and the incident E1 HEMP was much less than worst case.
3. The island is small – if over the continental U.S., long transmission lines would be exposed (especially an issue for late-time HEMP). In addition, widely separated substations would have been exposed, although with electromechanical relays (not solid state). Also the yield argument has been used – Starfish was a very big weapon, yet it did very little – see the previous item, yield is not really very significant.

Cars dying: Some say that all vehicles traveling will come to a halt, with all modern vehicles damaged because of their use of modern electronics (and one movie even had a bulk, non-electronic part dying). Most likely there will be some vehicles affected, but probably just a small fraction of them (although this could create traffic jams in large cities). A car does not have very long cabling to act as antennas, and there is some protection from metallic construction. As non-metallic materials are used more and more in the future to decrease weight and increase fuel efficiency, this advantage may disappear.

take this all with a grain of salt, I'm drunk, but a long time ago after doing lots of research after an Oppenheimer thread I became confident that the effects of EMP in general, much less a high altitude EMP would be much less devastating that I'd previously believed. Do your own research and draw your own conclusions, but a high altitude nuke blast doesn't necessarily mean anything and everything that is electric/electronic is kaput
>>
>>31372150

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_electromagnetic_pulse

Forgot my link. Yes it's wikipedia, but it's better than nothing, and a decent starting point. I'm drunk as shit but EMP doesn't automatically equal all things battery powered are fucked forever
>>
>>31370815
But Anon, Singularity is the best option in the universe. You saying you don't want to experience the glorious fusion of flesh and machine?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3nQvaP0BXg
>>
File: magic.jpg (25KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
magic.jpg
25KB, 640x359px
>>31370697
>>
>>31370697
green tips...
>>
>>31370697
HEAT ammunition. 50% extra damage against mechanical targets.
>>
>>31370697
Just dropping heavy shit on them seemed to work the best so I would set up some Looney toons style contraption with an anvil and a pile of bolts with a sign that says "free"
>>
>>31370697
Oozi Nein Milimetah
>>
>>31370890
You and I both know this, but lots of people are going to be doing the electronic equivalent of licking doorknobs.
>>
>>31371001
Yeah.

>make programmed robot slaves
ok
>make them sapient so they can comprehend the horror of their slavery
WHY
>>
>>31370810
this. Also a Tazer might work. Lasers to burn out theor optics and IEDs...lots of IEDs
>>
Computer virus code would be the fastest and easiest way.
>>
>>31372169
But...but in Call of Duty the EMP knocked out my reflex sight
>>
File: DC-17mICWSRifleVariants-4views.jpg (56KB, 1023x578px) Image search: [Google]
DC-17mICWSRifleVariants-4views.jpg
56KB, 1023x578px
>hardmode
Probably my ak or my auto-5 loaded with some sort of hardened steel core slugs or 0000 buck magnum

>whatever the fuck I want mode
DC-17m ICWS

'Deece' features
>Fully automatic ion pulse assault rifle. 60 shot capacity. Ion blasters/canons have been used across the galaxy to disable droids as well as starships, fighter craft, and speeders. Should make short work of any clanker Skynet will throw at you.
>If you need to reach out and touch someone. Or just punch a nice clean hole through something there's the sniper attachment. 5 round magazines load metal projectiles that become encased within blaster bolts when fired, like a Wookiee bowcaster. What this means is you get a nice 1-2 punch with each shot, the energy bolt shorts shielding and slags armor which allows the metal projectile to pass through the compromised protection into whatever microchips or organs may be behind.
>If you need to destroy something like a tank or an entire squad of silicon enriched individuals in 1 glorious explosion use the rpg attachment. Its range is shit, its blast radius is stupidly big, and it can destroy anything up to an A-DSD with one well placed shot.
>>
File: CN-7 Cain.jpg (51KB, 528x747px) Image search: [Google]
CN-7 Cain.jpg
51KB, 528x747px
Three Laws of Robotics.

How about instead of going to war against robotbros, we go to war WITH them against mudshits and niggers?
>>
>Analogue microwaves (so they start as soon as power is applied) with holes in the doors, connected together and hidden under radio transparent debris
>Paintball gun with paintballs full of lampblack and cyanoacrylate (basically, the absolute worst 'fuck you' to optics)
>Airsoft gun full of 6mm neodymium magnets (assuming I'm fighting something with an endoskeleton, they'll cling to and fragment in the actuators, locking them up)
>Oven cleaner spray foam in a slingshot
>>
>>31372169
EMP is definitely wildly misrepresented in media as much as radiation=giant monsters. However, the cold war tests were singular blasts at long distances against simple electronics or power grids. A faraday cage and some other considerations are sensible.

In the show, the UN bombarded 01 with the balance of our combined nukes. Literally thousands of warheads saturated the area for days. This wasn't like a theoretical low orbit decapitation strike, the machine City became a mushroom farm. Considering they had also been peaceful up to this point, defensive measures would have been minimal. Their advanced circuitry would probably be more vulnerable as well.

>>31373070
The beginning had work gangs of androids dragging stone blocks on rollers up scaffolding to build a pyramid.

Jesus wept.
>>
Real Life? M16A4 M995 AP.
M203 HEDP 40mm.
Sidearm G20 10mm with Xtreme penetrater ammo.

I never understood Skynet.
>Terminators immune to bullets (bullshit).
>Bullets kill people OK.
>Skynet deep let's make plasma weapons that kill Terminators!
>Somehow Resistance makes them as well.
It would have made sense that T-800's were RESISTANT to NON-AP ammo. Though the question remains why didn't Sarah stock up on 40mm HEDP? Or .50 Rafuss?
>>
>Anything that can fry circuitry, especially at range or as a trap
>Napalm, ever try gaming on a PC that overheats a lot? Now try it while the case is literally on fire and not going out for a while.
>SPAAGs, they're basically all rolling bullet hoses or mobile flak cannons. Perfect for the job of wiping out advancing hordes.
>Canister shot
>Moon dust, seriously, just introduce them to a massive amount of fine particulates and watch them bind up
>.50 cals loaded with nothing but Incendiary HE. Imagine hundreds of M2s slinging nothing but Raufoss.
>GAU-8s mounted on tower turrets
>Super glue bombs with black or blaze orange dye mixed in
>JB weld sprayer
>Thermite traps, if you can rig up something capable of spraying clouds of ignited thermite go with that
>>
>>31373465
>>Thermite traps, if you can rig up something capable of spraying clouds of ignited thermite go with that

How about CuO/Al thermites? They burn explosively and fire copper vapor everywhere. That's bound to bind up an exposed mechanism and short circuit any exposed tracks or connectors.
>>
Magnet Bayonets.
>>
File: Asuka Boobs Cockpit.jpg (607KB, 1650x1275px) Image search: [Google]
Asuka Boobs Cockpit.jpg
607KB, 1650x1275px
Buckets of salt water.
>>
File: Combat_armor_reinforced (1).png (1MB, 1862x1560px) Image search: [Google]
Combat_armor_reinforced (1).png
1MB, 1862x1560px
>>31371050
That took too long for someone to say.

I want to fight them with M60 while wearing pic related.
>>
>>31373070
The formation of their sapience was accidental.
>>
>>31373347
>Three laws of robotics
>going to war

/pol/ do you not get how this shit works?
>>
File: Robot Bully.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Robot Bully.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>31370697
Let them win, they'd run shit better than us.
Robots follow statistics and would target muslims first
>>
>>31374098
>would target muslims first

>Targeting the strongest enemy first
>Not targeting the morally and physically weak West
>>
>>31374104
>Implying if robots were armed they wouldn't start out as law enforcement and rationally work down the ladder
>>
>>31373129
in bad company2 it didnt
>>
File: Choo Choo Vroom Vroom.jpg (51KB, 800x560px) Image search: [Google]
Choo Choo Vroom Vroom.jpg
51KB, 800x560px
>>31374016
>brings up mudshits and niggers out of nowhere

Thinking clearly isn't his forte, anon.
>>
>>31374016
Robot won't hurt humans alright
>Implying mudslimes are human
>>
>>31374113
Muslim nations and communities would fight fiercely against a robot invasion as a whole. The West would fall because they are weak and divided.
>>
>>31374147
>Muslims from all fucking over join together for the six day war and get BTFO hard by fucking Israel
>all the western powers come together not once but twice, to join forces and shit on Germany in the largest war man has ever known.

>the west is weak and divided
>>
>>31374201
Israel was fighting a war of extermination, Arab nations are not so bloodthirsty.
>>
>>31370697
7.62x51 rifle probably a scar17 with ap ammo who knows maybe we can get depleted uranium ammo to use against them
>>
>>31370697
Just an ar. those loose electronic and hydraulic cables look pretty vulnerable.
>>
I have
C O R T A N A

She will hack the bots and get them to fight against each other.

She's a good AI, she wont go crazy.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.