[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

home sercurity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: homesecurity.jpg (261KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
homesecurity.jpg
261KB, 1600x1200px
/o/ here. so i just moved from NYC to the suburbs of long island, NY. my question is what is a good home security system? i'm working on getting my handgun license but i want to install a security camera system on my property. what do you recommend?
>>
>>31370231
Hikvision is pretty good and supply systems that come pre-configured and ready to install, plug and play. They provide a huge range of IP cameras which tend to be at least 720P quality and the best bang for your buck.

You'll normally need a DVR (recorder) and at least 3 or 4 camera for optimal coverage. Look to get IR illuminators too if the areas you're monitoring are anything above a few square feet.

I wouldn't go analogue unless you need a certain type of camera (e.g. very small, hidden).

If you're planning to connect the cameras to your home network at all (e.g. for remote viewing on your cell) you need to make sure your home network is secured and all the camera and recorders are locked down too, unless you run the risk of folks snooping on your camera feeds.

If you need any more detail just ask away!
>>
>>31370231
a 12Gauge and a dog.
>>
>>31373196
yeah, pretty much.
>>
what's the point, it's only useful after something happens
>>
>>31370231
Where at on LI?
>>
A ton of dynamite in the basement connected to the home alarm system.
That will protect the entire neighbourhood from burglars
>>
>>31373388
Balls deep in ur mums pussy.
>>
>>31373408
but how will he protect against the guy he thinks is letting his dog shit on his lawn but can't prove it
>>
>>31370231
>>
>>31373430
Hey man, I'm looking to set this up with remote monitoring capabilities.

Is the iSpy connect shit decent? I'm worried about security of the video feeds more than anything...
>>
>>31373454
Its not much $ for the remote option. Everything else is free. Security is placed on your network not the software so much (it has passwords etc). Git your firewalls up and tunnel in. I have used vnc (w/tunnel + vpn) instead of the remote option cuz im cheap and work with e-waste.

I love the motion capture boxes. It lets you target multiple areas with a $5 web cam. Then attach a different sound file to each box. Now at a casual listen you know if anything is happening and where. IE: high tones for front gate/mailbox, low tones for garage door, single bell ring for front walk, double bell ring for front door. With those parameters you can hear when motion happens, which way its going, how fast and if its in your yard ot not. After a while you can tell dog walker from mailman instinctually.
>>
>>31373196
working on the gun and doge

>>31373388
babylon

>>31373191
thanks bruh. growing up in the city my whole life i was never alone. unlike in L.I in the night time its dead silent.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.