[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Katana, Wakazashi, or Tanto?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

File: weeb.jpg (7KB, 219x230px) Image search: [Google]
weeb.jpg
7KB, 219x230px
Let's hear it /k/, if you were to use one of these mystical, weeaboo weapons which would you use?
>inb4 nermal fag japoon swordds suk xddddd
>>
File: Zanbato.jpg (77KB, 640x222px) Image search: [Google]
Zanbato.jpg
77KB, 640x222px
I would go the extra length and choose the Zanbato.
>>
>>31367852
Get a gun.
>>
A claymore.
>>
File: 41qkMSruAHL._SY355_.jpg (8KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
41qkMSruAHL._SY355_.jpg
8KB, 355x355px
>>31367852
A more practical weapon.
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 450x334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 450x334px
>>31368801
>>
>>31367852
>Would you rather use a knife, a short sword, or a long sword?
I use the one that I know how to use and that gives me the best reach advantage, dipshit.
>>
>>31368835
>more practical weapon
>machete
>cant stab
>very flexible
>unforgiving in the cut
>made for cutting thin brush and not people
yeah...
>>
>>31368187
Ah, the tanegashima. A fine choice...
>>
>>31368899
The Hutus would like to have a word with you.
>>
File: Hay guys, matt easton here.jpg (109KB, 553x801px) Image search: [Google]
Hay guys, matt easton here.jpg
109KB, 553x801px
None of the above. I already own a saber and i've already dedicated time to learning it. no point in jumping now.

But for reference, they were used as a pair. (either Katana and Wakazashi, Katana and Tanto or Wakazashi and Tanto)
Reason being is you have your outdoor sword and your indoor sword.
>>
>>31367852
A spear/halberd.

Or since we doing weeaboo trash, a Naginata.
Among us armchairs who don't into melee, a polearm wins every time.
>>
>>31368930
>a bunch of malnourished poor people who need to use whats cheap and available
>symbol of combat prowess and capability
kek tho
>>
Tanto or Wakizashi.
>>
>>31367852
>would you rather use a horseback weapon, a side weapon, or an ancient EDC weapon.
>>
>>31368175
Go home Sano you're drunk
>>
>>31367852
>>31367852
No odashi as an option? Pleb.

Tantos, Wakazashis, and Katanas all have their place it depends on your terrain and how close quarters your opponent is.

Unless you're musashi incarnate; then two katanas is the only way to fly
>>
>>31370695
Two handed swords are such fucking pipe-dreams! Zweihanders were impractical and just a good sounding story, for practical purposes overshadowed by polearms. And those are the actual ones, I never even heard of two handed scimitars actually existing, but they too get hyped up.
>>
>>31371023
>Zweihanders
>english people unironically using a word that means "two handed" instead of just saying two handed.
>>
>>31370695
Depending on your sources, odachi and katana may have been the same weapon.

>>31368938
>they were used as a pair.
Depends on the era and on the social class, some people could only have one of the lot and usually, tanto weren't use as weapon, more like utility knives. There were combat knives and daggers (yoroidoshi and the likes), but tanto weren't purposedly fighting knives.

At some point, it wasn't the long sword that was the symbol of the samurai, but the two swords together. People who weren't high-status enough would usually get either a katana or a kodachi depending on the wealth.
>>
>150 pound weeb armed with his coldsteel katana
vs
>prime cro cop in standard ufc gear
In the octagon to the death who would win?
>>
>>31372837
Depends, does he know how to disarm?
if so it tips into his favor. but if the weeb has the will to kill it could go very wrong for pussy pads.
>>
File: 8657534342.jpg (92KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
8657534342.jpg
92KB, 800x600px
>>31367852
I've chosen the wakazashi as my blade of choice. It's faster on the draw than the katana and is much better in close-quarters. I don't need the extra length of the katana, but I still get a significant reach advantage over the tanto. It's short enough that I can draw from my back and slice down with an over-the-shoulder stroke if I wanted to. And since I'd be carrying a firearm as my primary weapon anyway, I don't need the extra weight and length either.

Pic related. It's my Black Wind Wakazashi.
>>
>>31368986
I think they assasinated some tutsis years ago, like a million of them
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.