[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In defense of .40

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: glock35.jpg (108KB, 425x300px) Image search: [Google]
glock35.jpg
108KB, 425x300px
Ok I know people like to shit on short and weak but hear me out.

1. Magazine Capacity of a 9mm
2. Ballistics of +P 9mm by default
3. Silenced benefits of a .45 without using weak ammo.

I think this last point is a pretty big one. A 180 grain .40 caliber bullet can easily do 1000ft/sec. This is a HUGE advantage over 9mm IMO, you lose nothing with a silenced .40 like you do with a 9mm.

You can also use whatever meme ammo is flavor of the week without having worry about performance. Plus you have the added benefit that you can still get ammo during a shortage.

Anyway, in the end I know they are pretty similar rounds and no one will really agree with me but I thought I would share my thoughts. I think .40 caliber gets a bad rap for a bullet that has a lot of positives.
>>
bumpo
>>
Yea i mean its not bad but its not as good as 10mm. Id take it over 9mm and 45 acp tho. But 10mm beats them all.
>>
el bumpo
>>
>>31364098
The ballistics of 9mm and .40 are similarly shitty, like most handgun cartridges with reasonable pressure ranges. +P 9mm gives you more capacity, less recoil, and is cheaper to shoot while maintaining good performance. Shot placement is everything with handguns and is the reason why the FBI is switching back to 9mm. Your opinion is shit
>>
>>31364098
.40 isn't a bad round per se, people just love to hate it.
It kills people dead just like any other bullet.
>>
>>31364098
but, all of those points are wrong. that being said, .40 is a proven defensive round.
>>
>>31364328
Shot placement is everything with handguns

Then why don't you carry a .22?
>>
>>31364098
Any "extra" gained by using .40 is lost when compared to two extra rounds of 9mm. The mag capacity is NOT the same.
The ballistics are basically the same across all handgun rounds. The difference here is basically meaningless. Since when is 147 grain hollow points weak? That's also false.
Your thread is bad. You should skip feeling bad and go right to KYS.
>>
>>31364098

>1. Magazine Capacity of a 9mm1.
Except not. Similar sized mags tend to run lower count in 40.

>2. Ballistics of +P 9mm by default
Why does this matter?

>3. Silenced benefits of a .45 without using weak ammo.

I'm not even sure what this means. Are you shooting Subsonic .40?

40 is more expensive with a snappier recoil while also offering no significant benefit over 9mm.
>>
>>31364420
Because it doesn't penetrate deep enough and has much worse ballistic performance. Why don't you carry an airsoft gun?

>>31364293
>10mm

Enjoy your outrageous recoil and cracked frames
>>
>>31364499

>Enjoy your outrageous recoil and cracked frames

Having put 3 mags of hot 10mm through my friends Glock 29 (a subcompact), I can say the recoil isn't actually bad.
>>
.40 out performs 9mm and 45 in real life self defense scenarios, specifically hard barrier penetration on things like bone, glass, and sheet rock.

For me, shooting gel through 4 layers of denim doesn't accurately represent what I will encounter in a life or death situation.
>>
>>31364715
.380acp outperforms all 3 if you just look at the case stats.
>>
>>31364850
This thread isn't about .380acp you dipshit.
>>
>>31364499
Handgun calibers all have the same lethality rate.

You can't use "muh penetration" as an argument for .22 and not for 9mm. That's called moving the goal posts.
>>
>>31364293
You're either stuck with a full size 1911 or block, or you get one of the only compact 10mm's on the market and have a CC with horrible recoil for a marginally better round. .40 is as big as I'd ever go for a carry.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.