[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Today marks 26 years of military service for me.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7

File: _20160917_081117.jpg (404KB, 1076x962px) Image search: [Google]
_20160917_081117.jpg
404KB, 1076x962px
I feel extremely fortunate for the opportunities I have had, the friends I have made and I appreciate the person I have become.

I maintain a high level of motivation to continue and have an overwhelming feeling of personal and professional satisfaction.

I owe my career to the people around me.

I never could have anticipated getting where I am when I went through boot camp and as I was developing and growing in the military.

I feel more dedicated now than when I first joined and that is going to continue to grow.

I am in love with my job. There is no other way to put it.
>>
>>31360847
Now's the part where you tell us how much you hate yourself and wish you'd done something more meaningful with your life.

If you're an officer, that is. If you're still an enlisted, then you're either brain dead or a masochist.
>>
Press F to pay respect
>>
>>31360847
I lost my motivation in the first two years. Almost out now and I can't wait. I owe my shitty work ethic and alcohol problem to my stellar chain of command. I hate my job. There is no other way to put it.
>>
File: youngs-vinegar-bottle.jpg (244KB, 1363x1228px) Image search: [Google]
youngs-vinegar-bottle.jpg
244KB, 1363x1228px
>>31360864
>>
>>31360847
pls be a general
>>
What do you think of the enlistment of transgender service members starting next year?

I want to know from someone who is actually a military career man. Is this a disgrace to you or is it not a big deal
>>
>>31360847
Just finished my first year in the Army. How do you put up with ll the bullshit? There are times when the week is so shitty, I almost feel required to consume alcohol on my weekends.
>>
>>31360847
>26 years
>minimum 44 years of age
>being optimistic about service on 4chan
>not using 4chan as ventilation system for constant shit put up with in military
Fake post is fake.
>>
>>31360896

Staff sergeant
>>
>>31360916
>There are times when the week is so shitty
for someone who is seriously considering enlisting in the Army and has no idea about how shitty people state being in is, how shitty do you mean?
>>
>>31360897
Different anon here. I retired from AD in 1999, after 20 years.

Personally, I'm opposed to TG military members on the basis of their complex medical requirements. They're essentially undeployable.

That being said, I have no objections to TG personnel filling INCONUS-only billets. Including OPFOR at training commands, stateside air defense units, and interceptor pilots.
>>
>>31360988
I'm transgender and planning on enlisting next year.

I haven't had any surgeries and don't plan on it, my only medical care is some pills I have to take every day. Does that make a difference to you or do you feel the same?

For the record, I greatly respect your opinion and thank you for your service.
>>
>>31361005
(not him)

One of the big problems with Tsex in the military is suicides.

Something like 75% of all people who ID as trans commit suicide.

I tried to enlist (>tfw too beta for Uncle Sam) but I went to counseling for "depression" back in high school and it DQ'd me right before I shipped.

The military takes a lot of shit for green suicides, they don't want people who are SUPER likely to do it.
>>
>>31361005
>my only medical care is some pills I have to take every day.

If my ADD meds are an insta dequal for me, then I'd imagine your hormone pills are the same.
>>
>>31361018
It defeats the purpose of publicly announcing the ability for transgender people to join if they ban them anyway due to suicide risk. I have been to therapy in order to go through the official channels for transitioning (they like to screen you for months to make sure you have a legit case and it's not another issue) but have never been diagnosed with depression or given anti-depressants.

I do understand what you're saying though. To be honest I seriously doubt that more than a handful of transsexuals will enlist considering we're .01% of the population at best.
>>
File: sparta-with-secdef-x750.jpg (78KB, 750x563px) Image search: [Google]
sparta-with-secdef-x750.jpg
78KB, 750x563px
>>31361036
And to add to this, if you are already in the military and come out as transgender, the military now provides hormone pills for you.

Pic is trans service members who are actually serving right now. The only reason I can't enlist today is because they are waiting to create the procedure for accepting trans recruits.
>>
>>31360953
>OR-6 after 26 fucking years
What is wrong with you or your military?
>>
>>31361036
The announcement was political, not realistic.
There's a reason it happened AFTER the NC "bathroom bill".

I don't actually agree with it, I think there are ways to mitigate the suicide risks and TONS of people self-diagnose and they're wrong.

I'm just saying, my impression is that the rank and file don't like the directive, and one major justification is lower stress tolerance.
>>
>>31361048
>the military now provides hormone pills for you

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is the real reason this got pushed so hard

Buy your own damn hormone pills if you want to pretend to be a pretty girl for a few years.
>>
>>31361055
I already pay for my own and would happily still do so after enlisting. I really doubt that's why people would push for it, how many transgender soldiers are there even in the military? Hormone pills are very cheap too, it probably costs the military nothing. I mean the military covers birth control already, that's essentially what I'm taking.
>>
>>31361076
Adderal's cheap too.

But the military wouldn't provide it for me. In fact, they won't let me in if I do take it.
>>
>>31361076
Look, you seem ok. You understand your position and seem to be dealing with it like an adult. I legitimately hope the very best for you, suicide is a shitty end. I hope you're happier as whatever you're gonna become.

But LOTS of people don't put in that effort. They do this for attention, or because their friends/parents pressured them, or whatever reason.

I'm all for inclusion and equality, but I see no reason to compromise the military for those ends.

If a transperson wants to compete in the Olympics, go for it.
If they wanna change their name and wear different clothes, I've got no problem.

But we collectively rely on the military to ber as close to "perfect" as can be reasonably expected, and some (most?) transpeople do not meet that standard.

It's unfortunate, all the bitch trannies that ruin it for legitimate cases. Just like BLM ruins reform movements.
>>
DANK
U
UR
CERVIX
>>
>>31361104
I understand what you mean. I can see a lot of people who want an easy path to transitioning joining the army so they can get on hormones and get surgery or whatever and just being shitty soldiers.

You're probably right. If I'm going to be completely realistic, allowing transgender service members is probably for the worst because there's going to be more people joining as parasites than people who actually want to serve. My only defense is that nontransgender people already do that in droves, people joining just for health insurance, free housing, women joining then getting pregnant to get out of work, etc. For every one trans person who joins and leeches there's got to be 1000 non trans people doing the same thing, or way more. Still though, it is allowing more parasitic recruits than there would be if they weren't allowed at all, so I get that.

I hope that in my career I'm able to demonstrate that people like me can still be valuable service members. I respect your reasoning for not wanting trans soldiers in the military all the same.
>>
>>31361144
A lot of the same logic applies to women.

There are things they do well (photo analysis, for instance), I'm fine with letting them do those.
There are things they do poorly (carrying a lot of weight for a long distance) which I don't necessarily want them to do.

I don't look at this from a moralistic, everyone-should-be-equal mindset. That's fine for college admissions and hiring servers, but the military serves a much more vital purpose and shouldn't Harrison Bergeron the organization that we expect to defend us better than other people can attack us.
>>
>>31361144
You'll grow out of it.

Hopefully you don't screw your body up too much by then.
>>
>>31361090
That's because a trans person doesn't become an immediate liability if they miss a couple doses of their meds.
>>
>>31360877
> I owe my shitty work ethic and alcohol problem to my stellar chain of command.

Wew lad. Maybe you are just a lazy drunk?
>>
>>31361199
Firstly: They're a liability regardless of their medicated state.

Secondly: Hormone imbalance brought about by going cold turkey on estrogen pills can do some really funky shit to a person's psyche.
>>
>>31360957
Don't enlist, the pay is shit.
>>
>>31360957
Don't, only enlist if you're desperate.

And even then I'd still recommend not doing so, as desperation might just cause you problems.
>>
What does this thread have to do with weapons?
>>
>>31361683
Why are you bumping a thread you don't approve?
>>
>>31361690
>What is saging?
>>
>>31361104
>But we collectively rely on the military to ber as close to "perfect" as can be reasonably expected
That's the most hilarious thing I've heard on /k/ desu.
>>
>>31360945
One of my sergeants (SFC, to be exact), had 26 years total between the navy and the army, with 6 combat deployments. I'm sure you'll just tell me I'm full of shit too, but it is actually possible. (Sfc could whip ANY of our asses in PT even with his age. It was scary, honestly.)
>>
>>31361018

Not to fucking mention a high percentage of your platoon will ostracize you and will tell you to kill yourself. Even the POG's because Garcia and Tyrone Washington from the ghetto will hate your existence will a burning passion.
>>
OP still around? did you go to mandatory fun day? WHY ARE MANDATORY FUN DAYS ON THE WEEKEND? PEOPLE JUST WANT TO BE LEFT ALONE AFTER THE WORK WEEK.
>>
>>31361199
Not every person with ADHD is a fucking spastic or something. I was diagnosed, put on pills, and then stopped outright in my senior year when I enlisted. I went through BCT, AIT, and are now in active duty as a 74D with no issues not taking adderal. (Yes, I lied throughout MEPs and my career about not having ADHD).
>>
>>31361050
He might be a "Super POG" as I like to call it. It's not an insult really, but some PIG jobs are so niche and their community so small, and such a comparably good job, that higher ranking individuals (SSG and above) don't get out until retirement. This shoots promotion point requirements through the roof, so the only way to get promoted is for someone to get kicked out, retire, or die and taking their slot.

We had a commo guy who's been in for 12 and was still an E5, and he was a fucking super soldier. It sucks, but that's just the way it works.
>>
>>31361765
>hurr durr a guy whos been doing nothing but PT for the last 3 decades can outperform a bunch of fat neckbeards
wow no shit sherlock
>>
>>31360847
tanks for cervix
yeh happy cunt.
>>
>>31361036
If you're a tranny, just kill yourself please and do us all a favor. If I see one of you freaks wearing the US uniform I'll probably take matters into my own hands.
>>
>>31360847
Stop bragging faggot. Kiss ass bitch. No one cares about how well off you are.
>>
>>31360847
What is your level of education? Surely a motivated individual took advantage of educational benefits.

>don't let me down on this one you better at least say BA
>>
File: 1459431105234.gif (219KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1459431105234.gif
219KB, 321x322px
>>31360847
what are your thoughts on the CURRENT YEAR sjw military doctrine, is it ruining the military or just a passing fad for the CURRENT YEAR

do you belive there is a military industrial complex, or is that matter of perspective. People have been saying this since the 1930s

whats the real situation like in the middle east, any other places youre expecting to the US/Europe to have to get involved in soon?

any good juicy military secrets?

trump or hiliary? And what do you think theyre really going to do in office as far as the military goes? How are the top military brass feeling about them
>>
>>31360847
Nice blog post, faggot. Where can I sign up to your blog?
>>
So how's the national guard or reserves compare to this active duty shit?
>>
>>31360847
https://instanonymous.com/m/BKW4NO_hkRJ

Stolen valor.
>>
Please don't tell me you spent most of that time as an enlisted guy.
>>
File: 1256660982697.jpg (23KB, 493x430px) Image search: [Google]
1256660982697.jpg
23KB, 493x430px
>>31360847
> killing babies for the oligarchy
> career
top kek
>>
>>31360877
yea i had a shit command that tried to fuck anyone they could out of a career constantly, i mean every day everyone was walking on egg shells.

i dont have a drinking problem and im still a highly motivated individual even after i got out.

other people dont determine who you are, you do, dont be so down in the dumps dude, pick yourself up and do something!
>>
>>31360847
posting this gun bunny here.....

i honestly am fucking jelly. she has tits and an ass and so she gets showered in guns by her husband, and then goes on IG and soaks in the fame.

why god.....why....
>>
>>31362801
>https://instanonymous.com/m/BKW4NO_hkRJ
that was just a photo he ripped off the internet, dipshit
>>
>>31361881
the American promotion system is just weird
>>
>>31363250

Hey, better to kill babies for something than not kill them for nothing.
>>
File: dontcha.jpg (32KB, 600x446px) Image search: [Google]
dontcha.jpg
32KB, 600x446px
>>31363250

>Shitskins
>People

top kek
>>
>>31360988
You're old as shit to be on a Norwegian quilting board
>>
>>31360847
the biggest mistake of my life was not joining the military right out of high school.
>>
>>31361005
Opinion remains unchanged. The exigencies of military service could mean that you run out of pills, with no resupply possible for an indeterminate period of time, while you're stuck in some shithole where asshats are trying to kill you.

It's not about you being TG, it's about the logistical complexity that you represent.
>>
>>31361619
>>31361636
Fuck, really? I just got my AA in arabic and scored a 3/2+ on an OPI test for language proficiency. I feel that i could be really useful in some SOF capacity. I was planning on going with an 18x contract.

I just feel that i will really regret not experiencing it. I honestly wanted to travel to the middle east thats why i learned this language and to use the Army to take me there.
>>
File: 1470783175486.png (263KB, 323x454px) Image search: [Google]
1470783175486.png
263KB, 323x454px
>>31364939
If you want to travel to the middle east as a translator then just do it.

You don't need to be in the military to do that. Your pay will be better, you will have better hours, and you can quit if you don't like it (what a novel concept), IF you work for yourself or some western company looking to expand to the middle east.
>>
>>31364992
but.. the cool guy stuff? I cant throw that all out of my mind. That is the primary allure for me. My ideal plan was to finish an enlistment with the army and then go to an agency to continue with my language and the middle east.
>>
>>31365050
>but.. the cool guy stuff?

Do you mean the

* the guns they don't let you keep
* the low pay which doesn't give you much for guns afterwards
* the shitting in MRE bags and pissing in bottles while you're on patrol
* the complete lack of any privacy
* the shitty food
* the 20-30% chance that you'll get PTSD, which will fuck with your ability to function in society for the rest of your life
* the opportunity of getting to watch your friends die, and if they survive, commit suicide
* the opportunity to completely fuck over an entire country for the actions of one percent of the populace

That cool stuff? Or did I miss something?

Actually talk to some vets (not marines though) about their experience in the middle east before you blindly sign up
>>
>>31365160
Alright, thank you for that advice. Ironically, So far the only vets i have spoken to were all marines since i am in so cal. I need to find some army vets i guess. Thanks dude.
>>
>>31363250
You shouldn't post your picture online, it's not safe.
>>
>>31364141
Is that how you justify it to yourself? You're a fucking murderer. Thou shalt not kill ring any bells? You are invading their homeland and killing human beings. It has nothing to do with our "defense" and all of our foreign wars have only made us less safe.
>>
>>31366672
>how to spot a shitskin
>>
>>31366672
>Thou shalt not kill ring any bells?
No, should it?
>>
>>31366672
Welcome to life. Now leave.
>>
>>31366672
>expects teenage basement dwellers on the board worse than /pol/ to understand this

let them die in some third-world shithole, this is darwinism at work
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.