[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would this actually work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Fallout 4 Revolver.jpg (1MB, 1920x1061px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 4 Revolver.jpg
1MB, 1920x1061px
Would this actually work?
>>
>>31354355
yes you fucking mongoloid. now go shit post on /v/
>>
>>31354355
Im a noguns faggot but it shouldn't
Something to do with how there isnt a complete seal(?) so gasses will expand all over, well, that and the fact that its a shitty suppressor alternative. I'm also hoping I'm right in saying supressors and made for certain calibres but im not sure.

Anyway, no, it wont.
>>
why the fuck is the firing pin so sharp? that would deform and break in just a single strike.

I can't make out the cylinder very well, but it doesn't even look like it;s fully supported. The fired shell would also come flying out as well.

the frame doesn't look like it'll be able to withstand any inference cartridge.
>>
>>31354355
The supresser won't be very effective but it should shoot

It will however be a a pain in the ass because there is nothing to keep your cartridge held in place, so you'll not only have to keep your gun pointed down at all times, you'll be wasting a shitload of energy because you'll have gasses escaping through the rear of the chamber.
>>
File: FRAM Can.png (307KB, 538x264px) Image search: [Google]
FRAM Can.png
307KB, 538x264px
>>31354386
>>31354430
>>31354443
That suppressor is a vehicle oil filter can.. and they actually work very well as long as you keep the filter element wet.
>>
>>31354493
I'm not saying the suppressor is bad.

i'm saying it won't work very well because most of the gasses won't be going through it.

There's a reason only a few revolvers are suppressible.
>>
>>31354355
Yes.

It would be garbage.

Firing pin's too sharp, and will probably break off or just puncture the primer, fucking you both up.

The casing appears to be held in the cylinder by nothing other than the raw spring force and massh of the gigantic hammer, which might work for low-powered loads but would probably glocknade on you in something higher.

There appears to be no method of rotating or especially timing the cylinder.

The suppressor would be useless thanks to the air gap at the breech.
>>
>>31354355
>sharp needle point firing pin
It's like you want pierced primers.
>>
>>31354355
>someone heard the term firing "pin" and took it literally
>>
File: Fallout 4 Revolver blown up.jpg (2MB, 2715x1527px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 4 Revolver blown up.jpg
2MB, 2715x1527px
>>31354355
>>
>>31354621
>bayonet
Awfully optimistic about the build quality there.
>>
>>31354621
>firing pin literally cannot reach cartridge
>no method of keeping cartridges inside their chambers
>no timing mechanism
>no rotation mechanism

Yep, it's garbage. And won't fire.
>>
>>31354534
Ahh right. I pipe revolver wouldn't be fancy enough to do that.

I wonder if that SWAT revolver from S&W is prohibited in Canada?
>>
>>31354355
the oilcan part would work but the real issue is the cylinder
there is jack shit keeping the shells from flying out backwards
hell tipping the gun up would dump everything on the ground
then the firing pin goes through the bullets
>>
>>31354430
Because Bethesda knows next to nothing about guns and doesn't care to learn.
>>
>>31356081
Fallout 4 is garbage, so it's fitting for them to have garbage knowledge and include garbage guns in their game
>>
>>31356720
This.

I bought into the hype.

I'm full of regret now.
>>
>>31356720
The gun in OP's pic is not found in the game anywhere, so it's most likely either a mod or possibly cut content. The 2 revolvers that are actually in the game are a 'pipe revolver' that would function correctly although couldn't be truly suppressed, and an actual .44 revolver that is basically a S&W Model 29 in its un-upgraded version.

That being said, I will agree that most of the guns in Fallout 3 and 4 are pretty lame and a lot of them don't make sense.
For example:
>the combat rifle in F4 is basically a modified PPSh-41 that is chambered in .45 ACP but uses 20-40rd .308 mags.
Granted, it can be rechambered to use .38 Special or .308, why have a bigass mag just for .45 ACP? And why a PPSh-41?
Logical lore-friendly solution: Should have just used an M14 in .308 and everything would have still been compatible yet less retarded.

> The 10mm Pistol is on scale larger than a Desert Eagle, even though it just holds 12 rounds of 10mm Auto.
What's the point? The only sensible explanation is that due to low resources, a weaker metal like aluminum had to be used for the gun to mass produce it, therefore it would need to be heavily reinforced with the shitty metal. But if that's the case, why even manufacture power armor if you can't even afford the resources to make a 1911?
Logical lore-friendly solution: Either just have a .45 M1911A1, or if you're really intent on sticking with the 10mm (even though it isn't 50's styled) then just use a Bren-Ten or a Colt Delta Elite.

> the "assault rifle" is a bigass water-cooled .30-06 machine gun that shoots 5.56mm... Yeah...
Considering it's like the only gun in the whole game that uses 5.56mm ammo, I don't know why they didn't just call it the "Machine Gun" and have it use .308 ammo or maybe even the 5mm minigun ammo.
Logical lore-friendly solution: Make it a machine gun like said above, and then make an entirely new gun to be the "Assault Rifle" that actually meets the criteria of an assault rifle.
>>
>>31357896
I got so tired of Bethshits literally backwards guns, completely nonsensical weapon systems, etc, that I said fuck it and went back to New Vegas. I just finished downloading some mods for it, and it's fantastic. Even though the combat isnt as smooth, New Vegas with mods > Fallout 4 with mods.

If anyones interested in some good New Vegas mods, here are a bunch.

Millenia makes a lot of good weapon mods
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/58878/?

Project Nevada + Nevada Skies

Real Recoil

1st person weapon animation overhaul
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/61501/?

Fallout 4 quickloot for NV

NVAC

A world of Pain
>>
>>31358101
Also, the weapon mod menu so you can detach and attach mods at any time.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/44515/?

A lot of these mods require NVSE plugins and whatever to work, but if you read the instructions carefully and follow them to a T, you should be able to get everything installed without problems. Despite crashing every 30-40 minutes, it's still infinitely more fun than f4
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.