[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RUGER LCP MUD TEST FAILURE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 1456194841599.jpg (315KB, 1400x1006px) Image search: [Google]
1456194841599.jpg
315KB, 1400x1006px
Why do you still carry a Ruger LCP? Don't you know that in AWC (Adverse Weather Conditions), it will fail on you and get you KITS (Killed in The Streets)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmiBWA_a8Eg

To any anons who use an LCP, you may want to update your daily carry system...
>>
>>31353797
I'll make sure to carry a Mk.23 if I plan to crawl through the Russian country-side.
>>
the only test a LCP has to pass is the pocket lint trial.
>>
I own one. Shoot it like 5 times a year to stay familiar. Works about 90% of the time.
>tends to dry out after 75-100 or so rounds, then becomes a stove pipe factory.
I think this is do to lube drying out, or limp writing.
>spends 99.9% of its time in my pocket, holster, or safe. This shit is not a mud gun, guy.

Judging the Ruger lcp 380 custom by its mud-gun running capabilities is like judging a Bentley on its off-roading capability.
>>
Still better than Sigs and the VP9, which you can't even get wet.
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 576x432px
>>31355130
>>
>>31353797
There's almost no situation in which a pocket gun is going to get mud in it.

If you're inna woods or dealing with serious weather, you can and should have a larger gun, as you can get away with dressing in heavier clothing.
>>
Has any pistol passed this totally scientific mud test?
>>
>>31357651
Surprisingly, the P08 Luger.
>>
>>31353797

Jesus Christ, you're absolutely right OP.

I really need to rethink the LCP's place in my EDC system along with my POU. In the case of SHTF, SAWC are a constant factor and I simply can't be sloppy with how I prepare myself to face a WROL situation.
>>
>>31357686
Also MOUSE, ABC and WTF
>>
>>31357686

Fuck! The ACP in my BDU's as I go down the MSR in NMV for a S and C needs a rethink!
>>
My edc is the LCP. My mud gun is a .357 revolver with a 4" barrel and 2 speedloaders with hot handloads. Used to carry a 1911 in the backwoods but found through experience that a revolver is best to reliably function in extremely dirty conditions.
>>
>>31360871
is that an ammo control point in your pants or are you just happy to see me?
>>
>>31353797
>killed in the streets
>gun is literally packed in mud

I don't live in a third world country. Our streets are actually paved. Seriously if you are in mud like that, why the fuck are you outside again? Where the fuck are you going ? Are you walking 40 miles to you job, through the woods, during hurricane season?...
>>
>>31355130
Sig p320 loves to get dirty
>>
>>31362497

Top Kek
>>
>>31355147

>le gun rust meme

Look mom, I posted it again!
>>
>>31354364
This, you seriously fucked up if you think the LCP is a substitute for a folding shovel.
It should be IWB or innapocket not being used like an entrenchment tool.
>>
>>31353797
so you're saying that if I tactically bury my bare LCP in the mud it may fail to function when I retrieve it??
>>
>>31353797
This is satire right? The LCP is not a combat pistol and would likely not be subjected to harsh elements in the way most people use them. Mine runs fine. This meme that a gun sucks because it won't function normally when completely gunked up with mud needs to die.
>>
>>31353797
This video prompted me to clean my LCP that I carry in a pocket holster everyday, wherever I go.

It had a very small amount of lint in it and I had not cleaned it for months. There was one little ball of ling on the internal hammer spring, trace lint and dust around the 'internal' hammer which is exposed in the rear notch. Also a slight amount of lint around and inside the barrel.

None of this was even remotely close to impeding function but now its as clean as new again with a fresh coat of lube.

The main issue in my mind for a gun like this is to periodically clean and re-lube it to inhibit rust caused by carrying it in a hot and sometimes sweaty pocket.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.