[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pocket pistols

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 13

File: LWS32.jpg (84KB, 800x613px) Image search: [Google]
LWS32.jpg
84KB, 800x613px
Tell me about your purse guns /k/. I am considering picking one up, but am not sure what to make of the options out there.
>>
>>31352361
Well. Are you looking for a pocket pistol or a purse gun, as you said?

Because that changes your options quite a bit.
>>
>>31352376
Pocket pistol. 380 or 9mm less expensive is better.
>>
File: BFR .45-70 and Seecamp.jpg (2MB, 2698x1230px) Image search: [Google]
BFR .45-70 and Seecamp.jpg
2MB, 2698x1230px
>>31352361

I have a Seecamp LWS32. It loves Hornady XTP. Got mine for $100 at auction.
>>
>>31352560
>>
>>31352361

The absolute best ones out there right now in a sense of reliability and size, are a tie between the new production Beretta Picos and the Kahr P380.

They're the slimmest pocket guns out there (which is the most important part of pocket carry) and still short enough to go deep in the pocket.

They also both shoot in 380acp which is the minimum caliber I would want to shoot a man with.

But if you want a smaller caliber that's easier to shoot from a small gun you can get the Beretta 3032 Tomcat in .32acp which isn't bad either. 7+1 of easily controllable shots so you can land on target. Gun is short, but a little thick.

You definitely have to train with your pocket pistols though. I'd argue that landing incapacitating shots is even more important with smaller calibers.

When I pocket carry I'd probably do a modified Mozambique drill, try to score two hits in the chest so I can at least guarantee some hits, and the rest are going to the head. But that's why you have to train.
>>
>>31353126
>Beretta Pico
Price isn't bad on that and it seems to have a slide lock which is nice.
>>
>>31353126
Yuck, and Yuck. Colt Mustang XSP is the best pocket gun on the market. Nobody knows about it for some reason. One of the lightest and slimmest pocket 380's there is next to the taurus TCP. Which by the way would be my budget choice for a pocket gun. I found a brand new colt xsp for $400. I would gladly pay $500 for one though which is about what they go for normally.
>>
>>31352560
>$100 bucks.
HOW
>>
>>31352361
Pocket guns are getting better, but this category of handguns can be kind of a crapshoot. Historically, quality and reliability have been major factors. In the cases of nicer pocket guns (like the tilting barrel Berettas and the Seecamp), the price can be a factor, though. Recently, there have been a number of polymer pocket guns hitting the market that have had good quality and reliability, but so far there hasn't been one that I've come into contact with that I considered to be a keeper.

>Ruger LCP and LCP Custom
I've owned two. In my experience, they are reliable. I just don't like the way they sit in my hand, too little of a handle to hold onto. They're snappy, but not harsh, and pretty accurate if you practice. Major drawback is the trigger being so heavy. Also, no last round hold open is kind of meh.

>Sig P238
I've owned several and I personally like to shoot them. I plan to get a P238 HD to keep someday. Fully featured gun with night sights out of the box. I don't own any right now because I ended up getting a P938 and there's really no reason to own both.

>Colt Mustang
Lesser-known due to the fact that Colt stopped making them for a while (the Sig P238 is a licensed copy introduced during that period). The old production had reliability issues. I've not heard much about the new production guns either way.

>Beretta Pico
Handled one at a gun store. I've heard mixed reviews, so I didn't buy one. Fully featured gun with a good (albeit heavy) trigger. Grip is diminutive.

>Kahr CW380
Fully featured gun, but I've owned other Kahrs and they've never been reliable. I'm very skeptical.

>S&W Bodyguard
The rental I shot was easy to shoot. Fully featrued gun. I've heard very mixed reviews about their long-term durability, though.

>Kel-tec P3AT
No slide lock at all. Very mixed reviews in terms of quality.

>Taurus TCP
I would advise to avoid due to notoriously bad quality control at Taurus. I have owned one and it was not a reliable gun.
>>
>>31354234
>I have owned one
A Taurus or a TCP specifically?
>>
>>31354517
TCP
>>
>>31354526
Thanks.
>>
File: 88150569620852827300.jpg (7KB, 207x200px) Image search: [Google]
88150569620852827300.jpg
7KB, 207x200px
>coworker that is noguns knows nothing about pistols called mine a bitch gun
>>
Is the keltec p32 good? Also the LWS looks comfy
>>
>>31354559
At the time, it was about $80 cheaper than the LCP, but right now, they are about the same price and whereas I never had a single malfunction across the two LCPs I've owned, the TCP malfunctioned on brass case FMJs occasionally (not that much, but often enough to be a concern). The LCP could handle hollow points, but the TCP consistently choked on hollow points (once every other magazine with Hornady XTPs and a couple other brands). I never tried steel case ammo in the LCP, but the TCP choked on steel case ammo multiple times per magazine. The TCP grip feels better in the hand (bigger), but the backstrap has a raised line (not a seam, but part of the texture of the grip) that will cut into your hand after shooting if you don't dremel it down. You could just use a grip sleeve on the LCP to get a similar sort of feel. Another way the TCP malfunctioned is the follower would get stuck midway down in the magazine if it was even slightly dirty. I had to disassemble and clean the inside of the magazines to ensure smooth feeding after shooting just 100 rounds.

>>31354657
>Is the keltec p32 good?
I really want one and the price is enticing, but a cursory look at a kel-tec owner's forum was enough to deter me from the purchase. Practically every other thread there is either an owner complaint about a malfunctioning or broken gun, or else a tutorial about how to make the gun more reliable.
>>
>>31353496
He said it was at an auction, dipshit.
>>
>>31354657
p32 is an interesting pistol, I don't know how far out of America these get.
For a first time handgun in American go for a round that's 100+ years old like 9x19 or .45
Mechanically I'd like to be able to talk to at least fucking someone about this thing.
>>
>>31354657
>Also the LWS looks comfy

I have thought that too, but doing a little more research revealed that the guns have:
>no iron sights
>long, heavy DAO trigger pull
>heel magazine release
I don't really care about this feature, but in combination with....
>weird magazine disconnect safety that prevents you from pulling the slide all the way to the rear if no magazine is inserted
...made me think for a moment about how I would clear a loaded gun.

The final nail in the coffin: the .32 caliber version was specifically designed to only be reliable with Winchester Silvertip hollow points. It's unreliable with some brands of FMJs and some other brands of .32 don't even fit into the magazines (OAL is too long). I don't know if the .380 version is much better, but all I've heard about the .380 version so far is that it's painful to shoot.
>>
>>31354765
.32 is only than .45 but not in America if anyone wants to nit pick.
>>
>>31354808
p32 doesn't have a heel magazine
I had no trouble pulling slide to the rear without magazine it's kind of shitty to grip because it's small but outside size and weight of the spring pulling back the isn't a problem doing it under a stressful situation up close is a different story... It's getting it back forward that is fucky with the disconnect.
The 380 is nearly identical to the p32, if you need your bullet to be 2mm bigger and don't care about anything else you should go with that.
>>
>>31354993
>p32
???
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=lws+pistol
>>
>>31353371
>Lightest and slimmest

How fat or blue collar are you that you can fit that in a pocket without making a huge bulge there?

Though I'd agree it outshoots my options, a glock 26 would do the same. It doesn't make it a better "pocket" gun.

Say what you want about the Kahr, mine has been very reliable and hasn't had one hiccup. And the Kahr is so small and slim that it literally looks like it would be shooting .22s.

My wallet and phone are bigger than that Kahr and that thing holds 6+1 striker fired 380acp.

I'd imagine if you're pocket carrying... You're more concerned about concealing it than anything else. In that case the Kahr and Pico win easily
>>
>>31355053
I really hope you have a pistol for those lonely nights that happen anon
>>
>>31354517
I owned a TCP and dealing with taurus's customer service was an absolute nightmare.

>trigger snaps up top where it connects to trigger bar
>call taurus
>literally a 1 hour hold on the phone
>They need $50 to ship the gun back. said it is their special price with fedex.
>two months after sending it in, they finally ship it back. Box had a sticker from fedex on it showing that their price to ship was actually $16.33, not $50
>take the gun apart and the pin holding the trigger in place falls out with gravity
>another 1 hour wait time on phone with taurus
>send it in and get it back two months later
>take it to the range, trigger snaps again within the first two magazines.
>call taurus and wait on hold for another hour. no exaggeration.
>ship gun back to the fuckheads again
>gun comes back two months later and the fuckwad that worked on my gun didnt put the trigger bar return spring in.
>call taurus again 1 hour hold time.
>im spitting fucking mad at this point and tear these people apart. they had no "higher ups" to speak to. I absolutely demand that I get a replacement gun because this one was a lemon.
>Im assured the gun will be sent in for review and I would be notified "if" they decide to replace it
>check website weekly for 3 months for the status. No email, no phone call, no letter.
>call in again. this time only a 30 minute hold. not so bad! The person looks up my case and informs me that they decided to replace my gun two months prior but needed my ffl info to send a gun with a new serial.
>you got to be fucking kidding me
>They refuse to reimburse me for my ffl fee I would incur.
>get the gun and it is a completely different shittier slide finish and only one mag. I sent in two.
>I sold the piece of shit literally two hours after getting it back from my ffl.

Fucking nightmare. 4 trips to taurus before they replaced it.
>>
>>31355184
On the flip side

Buy a ruger second hand
Once Im home I notice that the slide serration cuts and barrel grooves had some pretty noticeable tool marks. I called Ruger just to ask about it and offered to email pictures or mail just the barrel. The kind woman on the phone said they will just send me a label and I could ship the gun in. Three days later the head gunsmith there calls me. He was really nice and down to earth and told me. Look kid, these are $220 pistols and we are pumping them out very fast. They dont have a mirror smooth finish. They are not high end 1911's. the marks didn't affect performance or anything. I kinda agreed with the guy and he offered to replace the barrel but told me it probably wouldn't look much different. They sent me the gun back with a extra magazine.
>>
>>31355120
>>31354993
You're confused.
>>
File: IMG_3167.jpg (790KB, 2974x2089px)
IMG_3167.jpg
790KB, 2974x2089px
>>31352361
Muh pussy gat
>>
File: dgkothps.png (254KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
dgkothps.png
254KB, 400x600px
>>31355225
shashasha
this doesnt have to make sense if i throw pocket sand at you and run away
>>
>>31355184
I've never heard of a trigger breaking, on Taurus guns or otherwise. Their CS may have kept you on hold for an hour, but that's unfortunately normal for a lot of gun companies. You should have just called back at a different time of day. They paid for return shipping for my TCP that only had erratic brass ejection. It is hard to believe that they charged you $50 for yours, especially if it really was a serious issue like a broken part. I've never seen a FedEx label that displayed the shipping amount. The turnaround time for my gun was 3 weeks. Although I admit that 2 months is possible, I think they would have given you a time estimate beforehand.

I am not defending Taurus. They are a shit company and all their guns are garbage. But, as someone who has dealt with them, it is hard for me to take your story at face value.
>>
>>31355319
The part of the trigger in the frame, the circular part that looks like a ball when you take the slide off- that snaped twice at the thin area where the pin is going through.

I've dealt with 3 or 4 of the other gun companies on warranty issues and never waited over 5 minutes. Yes I tried calling taurus at different times to get through faster. After realizing that they are all around terrible I just had to wait it out. an hour literally each and every time I called. They would notify me of the time it would take. About 2-3 weeks after sending the gun in, I would get a letter saying they got the gun and it would be back in 4-8 weeks. Their communication was absolutely terrible. No email notify system. I had to constantly log into their website to check the status of that piece of shit. The final time I sent it in I waited three months before calling and they were like "ooh yeah oops, we decided 2.5 months ago that we would replace it but we need your ffl info" Like how the fuck was I supposed to know that they were waiting on me for my ffl info???

The fedex label was only on one of the packages sent to me, a tiny sticker a little bigger than the stamp discreetly had the shipping fees and total cost. If I remember right, I had to pay their SPECIAL PRICE of $50 to ship because I had owned the gun for more than a year

Sending fixed guns back to customers with pins falling out and springs missing is what i would define as crappy customer service.

I learned to never buy a shitty gun just to save a few bucks. Its worth spending an extra hundred or two for a quality gun with no bs warranties. Not all taurus guns are bad. I just would not risk buying another to save a few shekels. I have a taurus 66 7 shot 357 and it is my favorite gun. extremely accurate and well over 13k rounds through the thing.
>>
>>31355514
>I had to pay their SPECIAL PRICE of $50 to ship because I had owned the gun for more than a year
I thought they had a lifetime warranty.
>>
Wkjwjw
>>
>>31355554
They do but they dont cover shipping. Handguns have to ship via next day service. Taurus told me I could get the label myself or they could give me their special price. I opted to go through taurus because I know fedex next day isnt cheap for someone walking into a fedex location. Upon getting a broken gun back, when I had someone on the phone I asked why I paid $50 when there was a label for $16.33 on the box with the tracking number. said something like account charges and had the freight fees and total listed. They denied everything.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px)
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I love my little derringer, but I can't hit shit over 10 yards with it.
>>
>>31355747
Interesting point. Very compelling post.
>>
File: opisafaggot.jpg (323KB, 1411x1055px) Image search: [Google]
opisafaggot.jpg
323KB, 1411x1055px
>>31355281
do you like it? was considering one
>>
>>31355792
That sounds like a personal problem.
Not that its generally needed for distances greater than 10 yards but c'mon man.

Also, no love for the glock 43?
>>
>>31352361
It belonged to my grandmother. I wanted her to keep it, but she insisted on giving it to me and getting an airgun. I guess she really didn't want to shoot anyone.
But yea. Mouse guns are only for the elderly.
Women should shoot nothing smaller than .380.
>>
>>31352570
Get a deagle with a rail and nigger rig an underbarrel mount.
>>
>>31355904
I should mention it's a Galesi Model 9.
>>
>>31355786
Next time, look for a home-based FFL who can ship it at cost or for $10 over cost via Priority Mail.
>>
>>31355968
You can ship rifles like this. Pistols cannot be shipped via usps.
>>
>>31356007
If you go through an FFL, you can.
>>
File: 4698548978.jpg (3MB, 1901x3804px)
4698548978.jpg
3MB, 1901x3804px
>>
>>31352570
Umadwhiteboi.png
>>
Sounds like Keltec is a better company than Taurus
>>
>>31353126

He is prob a hipster faggot who wears skinny jeans.
>>
>>31355075

Prob a hipster faggot who wears skinny jeans.
>>
>>31356195
>>31356201

Try again cunt. I'm an office fag who wears office attire. No jeans allowed either.

And since you're most likely some midwestern hick who only wears his daddies oversized suit to church and funerals, you probably have no way of knowing that in a quality suit, the pockets are small and the fabric is thin.

Not to mention I live in a warm climate area where shorts and t shirts are the norm in summer.
>>
Is the g43 a good pocket gun providing cargo shorts?
>>
>>31356381
My LCP is the same size and shape as my wallet and I'm a front pocket kind of guy since I want to have a spine in 20 years. I see no issue with pocketing most of these pistols in a decent suit.
>>
Was I sold snake oil? I read a gun blog tested the 380 tango oaths and they penetrated a pigs head and expanded right after, but watching the 9mm gel tests is painful...
>>
>>31356397

I have a 42 and it's great, but I don't keep one in the chamber. Ask your LGS to let you walk around the store with it in your pocket.

>>31356438

Imagine this but upside down
>>
>>31356381
Good, good, let the hate flow through you...
>>
>>31356438
>9mm
>snake oil
nigga wut?
>>
>>31356466

If the 9mm only penetrates 8 inches, what will the 380 do? I can't find any videos on it. Considering getting whatever shooting the bull recommended in his series.
>>
>>31356446
>I don't keep one in the chamber
Why bother carrying?
>>
>>31356485
What 9mm loads are you shooting that only penetrates 8 inches?
And just buy Cor-bon.
They use their own powder so it's +P but the same recoil. Very good penetrating power.
>>
>>31356511

I wanted something heavy I could throw at an assailant
>>
File: 0903162014.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px)
0903162014.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>31352401

Ruger LCP is mine. It's inexpensive, reliable, actually pretty accurate, eats even shitty Tula steel case like a champ, and is tiny and light. With a pocket holster it is no more notifiable than a wallet or 5.5 ish inch phone.

Cons include it's shitty grip, it has these odd imperfections from the injection molding process I think, but if you are left handed like me then they can start to chafe after 50 or so rounds. The gun only comes with a single magazine and Ruger is the only source I could find of extra mags, each will run you nearly 40 bucks, for a tiny 6 round mag. They are good mags, but not 40 dollars good. It also doesn't lock open on empty, some slightly more expensive pistols do. Small thing, but it needs a flat head screwdriver or similar to disassemble. Sights are non-replaceable black on black. A little neon paint does help.

All in all, I really like mine. Have never had a failure to feed or fire, even with shitty ammo. Runs normal brass case like a true champ. A nice little gun that does what it's supposed to, it goes bang every time, and fits in a pocket really well.
>>
>>31356460
Sounds like I got you right down perfectly desu. Otherwise you wouldn't be projecting about the anger.
>>
>>31352361
I have a TCP and end up carrying it more than I intended. It's tiny, accurate, and with FMJ I haven't had a problem.
Its negatives are that mine won't eat JHPs and I don't feel like dealing with Taurus at the moment...
>>
>>31356406

You and I have very different ideas on decent. I'm a wop though. Suits and fashion is in my nature.
>>
>>31356522
This... He is probably talking about hollow points.

In a 380 especially a pocket one, I highly suggest people to just use ball.
>>
>>31354633
ask your coworker if he'd like to be shot. surely a bitch gun couldn't hurt a strong, manly man like him, right?
>>
>>31356115
Kek
>>
Sup /k/ I've been eyeballing two pocket pistols from the early 1900s in my local gun store. One is a Colt 1903 in .32 cap from the 20s or 30s. The other is a Mauser HSc in .380 from about the same era. The Mauser is in VG condition and the colt has a few scratches and looks quite a bit more worn

Which should I go with? Both are priced at 400. I think i like the Mauser quite a bit more. But if the colt has the potential to be more valuable I might buy that too.

I'm torn.
>>
>>31357878
>a Mauser HSc in .380 from about the same era
HSc wasn't made until the 40s anon... If it's from the war era you should snag the HSc
>>
File: tomcat32.jpg (29KB, 1280x720px)
tomcat32.jpg
29KB, 1280x720px
>>31352361
Right, 7 +1 of fuck you, easy loading with a tip up barrel which you can put alternative rounds for the first shot. Like an explosive shaft or super heavy round with max expansion.
>>
>>31354234
My dad carried an LCP for a while; he has short stumpy hands, and even he didn't like the way it shoots. Too little grip, even for a light cartridge. He switched to a short-grip glock, which is wildly oversized for what he's using it for, but I guess if it shoots the way he wants to that's the important thing (because he's never, ever, ever gonna actually use it.)
>>
>>31352361
>>31352560
>>31352570
SEECAMPS UNITE

Actually I inherited mine, it was the shizzle in the 80s and 90s but I would never buy one now. It's such a solid little fucker that you really notice it swinging around in your front pocket. Depending on my pants the G43 actually carries better, no holster/empty chamber. If I were to buy a mousegat today I would go LCP.
>>
I've got two pocket guns, a S&W 642 and a Kel Tec P32 I picked up this week for $150 in a gun store ("used," but appears unfired).

The J-Frame gets pocket carried 5-7 days/week. It's always with me when I'm at work. I keep it loaded with Hornady Critical Defense 110gr+P. Dropped an APEX Duty-Carry kit in it and that's been 100% as far as ignition goes. I use either an Uncle Mike's #3 or a Mika for a pocket holster, though I'm considering some other options as I'm not entirely satisfied with either.

I haven't yet vetted the Kel Tec but assuming it's reliable with the S&B FMJs I got for it the plan is to carry it where I'd carry a wallet. I don't expect much ballistics-wise, but nothing says "Excuse me, sir, please stop that" like sticking a gun under somebody's jaw and turning their head into a volcano. So far it feels like it'll work in the back pocket of most of my pants and it's not obnoxious to sit on, so I've got a pocket holster on the way for it. All in it's about a $225 investment and I figure I get most of that back on Armslist if it doesn't work out.
>>
>>31359806
Not OP but no extractor is the only reason I'm passing this. Its also a little on the thick side.

But I can deal with the matter. The no extractor part is scary if you think about it.
>>
>>31359806
any round worth putting in the barrel alone is worth putting in the mag too
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.