[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would building an AR as your first gun be a really bad idea?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1465953623613.jpg (66KB, 437x437px) Image search: [Google]
1465953623613.jpg
66KB, 437x437px
Would building an AR as your first gun be a really bad idea?
>>
>>31344991
If you have the money not only for the parts but the tools and plan on building more then its not that bad of an Idea
>>
>>31345026

also, do whatever the fuck you want
>>
>>31345026
Thats not much of an issue, it's just at this point I really only have a theoretical understanding of all the parts, and I wonder if that would get in the way
>>
>>31345026
I have to second this. With the right tools, the rifles go together like Lego. Pretty much no hand fitting required if you pay for quality parts. If you don't have the money but can't be persuaded off of the idea, you can also acquire the parts in financially digestible bites instead of all at once.

However, it is a much larger investment than going and buying an M&P15, so weigh your wallet honestly.
>>
>>31344991
No, do it.
>>
While it wasn't my first gun (had a .22 first), I built an AR as my first centerfire rifle.

Shit was pretty cash. I stockpiled tools long before I started stockpiling guns, though, so ymmv if you ain't got shit.

Not than an AR really requires much.
>>
>>31345115
I've got a rough idea of what tools I need, but what all did you personally use?

If you don't mind, that is
>>
>>31344991
it would be a fun learning experience, and they're pretty simple
>>
Build a sten
>>
Also, when picking parts for a lower, should I buy them in a kit or is it better to buy them all seperate
>>
>>31345228
You only need basic tools, you fucking nigger
>>
File: 1473049387930.jpg (15KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1473049387930.jpg
15KB, 250x250px
>>31344991
No. Unless you're Chris chan and only have a rock for a tool then you're fine. Basic tools are needed and an IQ above 50.

Jokes aside, you'll be fine. There's lots of great sources online, books and videos, that explain the process step by step.
>>
Alright, the more I look at this the more manageable it seems. Thanks for not memeing me
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.