[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

savage arms thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: Savage-10-FCP-SR-2.jpg (2MB, 3238x1672px) Image search: [Google]
Savage-10-FCP-SR-2.jpg
2MB, 3238x1672px
Lets talk about the savage guns we are borderline getting but not sure about yet.

I want to get a Savage fcp-sr in 6.5 creedmoar.

Ive heard mixed reports though

what does /k/ think
>>
I've got the pre civilian version in 308 and it's a beauty of a rifle, sub moa at 100 with a pos Bushnell scope on it.
>>
>>31344614
yeah im hearing that the civilian version is terrible

i dont think they make a pre civilian version in 6.5 creedmoar

any other 6.5 creed savage rifles that are good?

i was gonna put the gun in a MTD chassis after i buy it
>>
>>31344659
meant for
>>31344639
>>
>>31344614

Go ahead and get it OP, I've had only one customer complain about any of the savages. How far are you trying to shoot? I don't think they offer the FCP-sr in 6.5, They offer the 12LRPV and that thing is a BEAST.
>>
>>31344614
The FCP-SR isn't what it used to be. If you're going to spend the money on the gun and a chassis, get the BA

>I own an original FCP-SR with Accu-mag bottom metal and the original, awful, accustock
>>
File: 100 yard ,40 keyhole .png (1MB, 1768x992px) Image search: [Google]
100 yard ,40 keyhole .png
1MB, 1768x992px
>>31344614
I enjoy my mine,
G1 is the savage with a 3shot "group" ( didn't wanna ruin it)
Others are listed.
>>
File: Snapshot_20141019_zps93fa46e2.jpg (34KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot_20141019_zps93fa46e2.jpg
34KB, 640x480px
>>31347878
>>
>>31344614
Sorry time

When I was a little kid and started shooting (about 6) I remember the first time I got taken to a public range/gun store. I was amazed and spent like 30 minutes looking at all the guns for sale and asking to shoulder then all. They also had a surplus/old/used gun rack.

On this tack there were always some really beaten up old Savage rifles, and on the name tag it just said "SAVAGE". I interpreted this as the gun was made by savages, like American Indians, or African tribals or something. I held this belief for YEARS until I saw a rifle ad on the Internet and found out savage was a company. In the mean time I would explain to people at the gun store that the rifles were made by savages in the bush. Nobody bothered to correct me and probably assumed I was just a retarded 10 year old. I've stayed up at nights cringing about it.
>>
>>31344659
I really isn't.
The mags aren't quite as good, they still aren't bad though. Otherwise it's really the same thing.
>>
>>31344614
>Spuhr
>Nightforce
>on a Savage

O I am laffin
>>
File: savage-22442-rifles.jpg (31KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
savage-22442-rifles.jpg
31KB, 1000x1000px
>>31344659
I had similar plans with the MDT chassis... bought the thing last weekend at a gunshow for ~600, figured it would be a good bolt gun with lots of features that you normally have to spend 1200+ on
>>
>>31348425
I've got a gen2 razor on mine. I'd rather a $3k scope on a $1k rifle than a $1k scope on a $3k rifle.
>>
Get a Tikka T3X CTR in 6.5 Creedmoor instead. If you can't get it to shoot 1/2MOA out of the box, it's your fault. The action also just feels so much better than a Savage.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.