[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/arrier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: A4C_VA146_1964.jpg (12KB, 309x240px) Image search: [Google]
A4C_VA146_1964.jpg
12KB, 309x240px
Let's buy a bunch of A-4 Skyhawks (which have very low operational costs, maintenance schedules & flight-deck-length requirements) plus a couple of choppers and a light aircraft carrier like maybe an Essex to carry them all and be our mobile headquarters, then sail to the vicinity of Africa and hire out our forces to drop napalm and bombs and make strafing runs on the enemies of whichever african junta pays us the most?
>>
>>31342267
/k/apu naval unit

fund it
>>
>>31342267
>thread inspired by the attainable price of this nifty two-seater:
http://www.platinumfighters.com/ta-4j-skyhawk
>>
>>31342267
We are going to need pilot training
>not mirage IIIs
>>
>>31342291
>welcome aboard

>>31342526
Well, all we really need is *one* good pilot/instructor to train an initial training cadre... we can DIY.

>frog fighter
The Skyhawk was chosen due to its much cheaper operational costs (especially compared to the Mirage III), but, I suppose you can bring any plane you want so long as it can operate from our aircraft carrier (Mirage-IIIM was designed for carrier ops).
http://www.raptoraviation.com/aircraft%20spec%20pages/Mirage%20III.html
>>
>>31342969
But what about an Israeli mirage
>>
>>31343812
Look: you can fly whatever you want as long as it can take off from & land on the deck of an aircraft carrier no longer than an Essex; who else has some crazy oddball jet they want to fly?
>inb4 goblin
>>
>>31342969
>Mirage-IIIM was designed for carrier ops
And it was horrifically poorly suited for it. Stable tailless deltas like the Mirage III have horrible takeoff and landing performance and would be shit for carrier ops.
>>
>>31345620
Agreed; however:
>>31342526
>>31343812
>snowflake gonna snowflake
You know what? If snowflake can stick the landing every time, he can fly his precious delta-wing pos. In fact, let's give him a nice nick-name:
>what's the french or hebrew word for "snowflake?"
Flocon de neige
פְּתִית שֶׁלֶג
>which do you like better?
>how do you pronounce the jewish one?
>>
>>31342267
Can I bring my navalized F-20?
>>
Ive got a cessna 150 with an f22 bodykit, we good?
>>
>>31342267
A-4 Syhawks seem kind of old, is it even possible to source parts for them now?
>>
File: 1459212979852.jpg (631KB, 2144x1424px) Image search: [Google]
1459212979852.jpg
631KB, 2144x1424px
The lovely Sea king for your ASW needs
>>
>>31348965
Does NZ still have their ones somewhere?
Everything was upgraded before they got left outside to rot
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.