[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to fight off a pack of wolves?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 32

File: survive-wolf-attack-hunting_fe.jpg (44KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
survive-wolf-attack-hunting_fe.jpg
44KB, 800x450px
In this hypothetical situation, you're hiking innawoods and somehow stumble into a den. You're up against a pack of wolves, and all you got is a mid-sized knife (think KBAR), and maybe a hiking stick. I'm deliberately making this no-guns. Keeping in mind that the average adult Gray Wolf is between 50-110lb (22.7-50kg).

Is it feasible to kill them all, without using guns? I assume if you're in the wilderness running is out of the question.
>>
>>31338735
Wolf furry here, please don't kill wolves. Your fear of them is misinformed and an old paranoia, they're more afraid of you. Just make loud noises.

Why is every american obsessed with killing everything they see?
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 750x1334px
>>31338735
Before hand you could've made a spear with the ka bar and stick, that would help a lot and you could possibly survive.
>>
>>31338735
Fuck the alpha into submission, take over the pack.
>>
>>31338746

Nice b8 m8 i r8 8/8
>>
With any luck, at least one of them will choke on you.

I say this because you will certainly be eaten. You don't stand a chance.
>>
>>31338746
>Why is every american obsessed with killing everything they see?
It's in muh culture to dominate other living things.
>>
>>31338735
Wrestle the alpha to the ground and fuck him into submission Boom. Now you've got your own wolfpack.
>>
Sorry anon, against my policy. I hug the wolfie and hope they accept me as one of them.
>>
>>31338797
Too bad you've been failing to dominate everything since the revolution.

Which the French bailed you out of.
>>
File: WOLVES_HUNT_IN_PACKS.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WOLVES_HUNT_IN_PACKS.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
>>31338735
>>
File: TheGrey_800b[1].jpg (71KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
TheGrey_800b[1].jpg
71KB, 800x533px
>>31338746
You should watch a documentary called The Grey. It goes in depth about how wolves behave and shows you how they would hunt people without guns in their territory.
>>
File: 1473314418188s.jpg (3KB, 104x125px) Image search: [Google]
1473314418188s.jpg
3KB, 104x125px
>>31338746
>I am a noguns eurocuck who, given the oportunity, would bugger a large wild doggo
>pls do not type out how you would fight a pack of wild doggos on this American dick waving imageboard
>muh feelings
>>
>>31338735
If you have a gun just shoot in their general direction and they'll shit their fur pants and run

Wolves are absolute cowards and that's why they hunt in packs and their maximum potential only shows when they can't avoid a fight

I've experience with wolves,and from personal experience,I say it works
>>
>>31338746
That's what happens when you're the apex predator.
>>
>>31338746
Get better bait pls
>>
>>31338764
>>31338802
Adding onto these. Be a merciful conqueror and have a ribbed condom and some astroglide. Winning the battle earns you respect, but gentle mercy wins you loyalty.
>>
>>31338831
That's just a movie!

>>31338836
I don't get it.

>>31338838
Humans aren't apex predators.

>>31338844
I don't understand, you don't need to bait the wolves away, I guess it could work but OP didn't say you'd have any meat or anything.
>>
>>31338852
>Humans aren't apex predators.
How are we not?
>>
>>31338857
We have to use tools to fight
>>
>>31338735
Wolfs are grest animals.

But lets stick to your scenario.
The wolfpack is about 8 animals. Smart animals who knows how to use their number to their advantage.

You may harm or kill one or two of them, while the other 5 jump om you. Bite into your hands and throat. You are dead.

If you would have aroumd your throat and neck some spikearmor and aroumd your legs and hands, you could kill them. Taking their ability to attack simoultaneously is your best chance.

By spikesarmor i mean the spikethings some dogs have around their neck but with thick and pointy nails instead of dull spikes.

And some kind of bladeglove like shredder from tmnt from the 90s has would be also a good weapon.

I know it sounds autistic and stupid, but if it works, it isnt stupid
>>
>>31338863
And? Does the fact our claws are made of steel invalidate them or something?
>>
File: 1436528341865.jpg (711KB, 1167x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1436528341865.jpg
711KB, 1167x1920px
>>31338735
with your own stronger pack of wolves, of course.
>>
File: dale.jpg (393KB, 2353x1755px) Image search: [Google]
dale.jpg
393KB, 2353x1755px
>>31338863
>>
>>31338735
If you have time, lash the knife to your walking stick. Putting distance between the two of you will increase your chances of not getting bit and taken to the ground.

If it was just one wolf, I would say an adult with a knife would take one down pretty easily. You wouldn't get away unscathed, but you should be able to kill it before you receive life threatening injury.

The problem is, as you said in your post, there's never just one. Your best bet is to try and show the pack that you're not easy prey. If the pack believes you're more trouble than it'd worth, they should leave you alone.

Try and look tough, if they lunge at you, inflict as much damage as possible. With any luck, they'll run off after they hear their wolf comrades whimper from stab wounds.

The best option is to back away from them before they attack. Just do standard anti dog attack things like keep your head low, don't make eye contact, ect.
>>
File: BI-Hulud the father of the bait.jpg (62KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
BI-Hulud the father of the bait.jpg
62KB, 600x600px
>>31338746
>>31338852
>>31338870

This is officially the most underage thread on /k/

I'm sorry it had to be this way op.
>>
>>31338874
She should keep that helmet on
>>
>>31338873
It means if they were anthro and also had tools they'd be far superior because they're naturally more apex than humans.

>>31338882
First, theres no proof of this, second, he still used a tool to kill it.

>>31338885
I don't understand, I'm 20
>>
>>31338884
Making eye contact is bad now?
>>
>>31338746
>>31338884
>>31338750
>>31338837
Thanks guys, starting to think I should've made this about cougars/mountain cats since they're more common in my area.
>>
File: 1466825383469.jpg (569KB, 910x823px) Image search: [Google]
1466825383469.jpg
569KB, 910x823px
>>31338903
>It means if they were anthro and also had tools they'd be far superior because they're naturally more apex than humans.
>>
>>31338735

I just shoot the wolves. I don't care what your scenario is, when ever I go /out/ I always take a rifle with me, usually my G19 too, due to it being my cc piece.

To many bear, moose and other critters that can get you here where I live.
>>
File: dahfuckamireading.jpg (49KB, 613x533px) Image search: [Google]
dahfuckamireading.jpg
49KB, 613x533px
>>31338903
>It means if they were anthro and also had tools they'd be far superior because they're naturally more apex than humans.
>>
>>31338913
It's good when: you are attempting to show dominance. You act dominant when the wolf/dog begins to show its teeth and you feel it is about to attack. This shows the animal that you are not afraid of fighting, and that the predator will not get an easy meal. It's simply a deterrent when.

It's bad when: you are acting submissive. You submit when the wolf/dog is not engaging you. If it doesn't see you as prey, it sees you as a possible threat. Don't make eye contact and lower your head while backing away, and you show that you don't want a fight. The animal should let you be, unless it's hungry.

Also never run away. Wolves and dogs can run faster than you. Running tells them instantly that you're not a threat and you are probably easy prey.

The only time to run from a predator as a biped is from a bear when you can run down hill, or from wolves if you can get to a tree and climb.
>>
>>31339021
Wolves can climb trees though.
>>
>>31338903
alright you autistic furfag listen up

Humanity can literally turn this little blue ball into a fucking wasteland of glass and radioactive debree with the push of a button. We are on the top of the fucking food chain par none
>>
>>31338852
Literally the first result of representative species when googling "apex predators" is human. Try again.
>>
File: Misc-got-a-badass-over-here-l.png (438KB, 1500x1134px) Image search: [Google]
Misc-got-a-badass-over-here-l.png
438KB, 1500x1134px
>>31338977
>I don't care what your scenario is,
What's the point of deliberately answering a question with an irrelevant answer. You're coming off like the person who makes it a point to let everyone know that they carry.
>>
>>31339069
>Humanity can literally turn this little blue ball into a fucking wasteland of glass and radioactive debree with the push of a button
No they can't, OPpenheimer already debunked that, also it wouldn't just be a press of a button, you think all nukes are satellite linked so some big red button? This isn't mario.

We also are not on top of the food chain.

>http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/where-do-humans-really-rank-on-the-food-chain-180948053/?no-ist

>>31339100
How scientific of you, not.
>>
>>31338735
Present an easier prey, predators will select prey that costs least energy to to get to and eat. Sometimes starved wolves dont even kill their prey, they eat it alive. Killing it costs many calories.
>>
>>31339021

You do know that the whole wolf dominate thing is actually just a theory that's been disproven by a scientist named David Mech. He proved that wolves don't have this alpha male that's always fighting for his spot to be number one, that in fact the pack is run more the way a human family does. The only time dominance is coming into play, is when they want some thing...like a bed, bone, etc, which is actually now considered an anxiety based behavior. In the end, trying to dominate a wolf would simply not work.

Actions such as "alpha rolls" and "scruff shakes" have no basis, in fact when studying wolf or dog behavior, and they only lead to creating unnecessary fear on the animal part toward us, fear that ultimately can lead to aggression because the frightened animal knows of no other way to protect itself other than using its teeth.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about, you should actually go read up on them before opening your mouth.

Also go talk to dog trainers. Dominance is no longer the key to training your dog. Instead it is now based on building a happy relationship with your dog. With lots of eye contact, all the while talking in the right tone...not to loud, not to soft.
>>
>>31338735
I don't need a knife. I need some basic wilderness experience and a calm demeanor to interact with the wolves.

Wolves aren't niggers. They aren't evaluating your every action as if you're potential prey. You can actually be in their territory completely unarmed and end up either ignored or accepted, so long as you aren't an open threat.
>>
>>31338815
THEY'RE WEAK TO FIRE!
>>
tie your shirt around your neck and hopefully youve got a thick shirt
>>
>>31339119
Nigga that link was playing semantics. Hard. Fact is, if I wanted to start a manly "brah" tribe where all we were allowed to consume was meat for our sicks gainz, we'd fit their definition. Hell, I'm sure this already exists somewhere. Humans have the tools, resources, and intelligence to do almost anything we want, including hunting big game aka other apex predators FOR SPORT.

Eat a fucking dick, that is, if you aren't already.
>>
>>31339112

I live in Alaska, every one is carrying here. To say that you go into the woods with no firearm is just retarded, only a dumb ass would do so here. So I answered OP question of what I'd do. Maybe OP should of word it so the scenario includes me losing my gun, or it broke, etc....not just tell me I don't have a gun for no reason.

Plus I hunt and fish for all my own meat, so that alone is reason enough to never go into the woods unarmed.

You're prob one of those city faggots, your idea of going in the woods is just hiking a few miles in. While here you can end up quading, biking, or even flying dozens to hundreds of miles into the woods....so a gun is not just a thing for fun, it's also a piece of survival equipment, a means to hunt up here.
>>
>>31339342

Also to add to this. You >>31339112 are a faggot. I can tell you never spent any real time in the woods that have multiple predatory animals...prob no predators matter of fact. So suck a dick, nigger.
>>
>>31339342
>>31339362
Settle down Jeremiah Johnson, don't get ur bearskin in a bunch lol
>muh country livin'
>muh living' in the sticks is somehow inherently superior
>>
>>31338903
Lesson learned, never try to have a constructive argument with a furry.
>>
>>31338735
Wolf attacks against humans are very rare, and when they happen the target is hardly ever an adult male. We are large enough to be dangerous to them, so since we are not prey that they know how to deal with safely they will not attack. Especially not if you're armed. They may not understand the concept of a knife or a gun, but they can tell from how you carry yourself that you are not defenceless.
>>
File: 1469052905816.jpg (30KB, 480x477px) Image search: [Google]
1469052905816.jpg
30KB, 480x477px
>>31338807
I'm curious what Japan has to say about that
>>
File: What'sgoingoninthisthrea-.png (176KB, 424x529px) Image search: [Google]
What'sgoingoninthisthrea-.png
176KB, 424x529px
>MFW this thread
>>31338903
>First, there's no proof of this, second, he still used a tool to kill it
>he still used a tool to kill
>He still used a tool
>tool

So it's ok for anthro wolves to use tool to be considered top dog, but if we use them it suddenly doesn't count? Come on anon, if you're going to bait us this hard at least put some effort into it!
>>
>>31338857
It's in the name. If you're at the very top of your local food net, no one hunts the healthy adults of your species. They might defend their offspring against you, but won't fight you for territory, food, or just because you look like a meal/nuisance.

So, depending on the habitat, humans are either just another predator of the bunch (places with large canids and such), predators and pray (wherever you have crocodiles, bears, and more importantly, large felines) orrrr in places like bongistan, yes we apex predator now

But we're not inherently such, unlike a tiger or bear.
>>
You know you're in a shit thread when the guys wanting to fuck the wolves are the most agreeable.
>>
>>31338933
Cougars have very sensitive ears and will run from loud noises, like a weapon firing, unless you have such shit luck that you've managed to stumble across a mother with her kittens. If you do then just back away; both of you have too much to lose in a fight.

Now, boars! Those are scary!
>>
>>31338735

its very unlikely wolves would attack you

but if they do you should just let it happen

nature has ordered you to die
>>
>>31338886
>She
>>
>>31338750
This desu famalam
>>
>>31338746
get fucked hippie. Wolves kill livestock here in Norway all the fucking time.

They need to get purged, but not half as much as the likes of you.
>>
>>31338863
the human brain is what makes us the apex predator, and also what makes us able to make tools.
>>
>>31339119
>Humans aren't at the top of the food chain because "the environment"
First of all that's stupid. Second of all the food pyramid isn't a pyramid. If the actual food chain were drawn then humans at least share the top spot with all other carnivorous predators. Especially when you consider that humans are do not make up a non-trivial amount of any predator's diet. Furthermore, humans can eat whatever they want barring dangers from parasites or "dirty animals" that are mitigated from proper preparation (it's literally a choice; I could eat lions and orcas if I wanted to) yet no predator specifically targets humans.
>>
>>31339211
I never said anything about an alpha male. Dominant presence in a situation does not make you an "alpha" to the wolf. It simply makes you more trouble than its worth for that situation, decreasing the likelihood of an attack. I don't know how this is hard to understand.

I haven't read that study, but to say I have no idea about dogs and wolves is absurd. You are attributing anthropomorphic traits like "family" to an animal, which is also absurd. Wolves are not sentient creatures, and thus they follow heuristics when they interact with the world. Maybe they act in a communal fashion, cool. I could buy that. But to say that dominance doesn't effect their relationship is simply wrong.

Are you the fucking furry that's been shitting up this thread?

t. Wolf/dog hybrid breeder.
>>
>>31339656
I just moved to texas, and want to kill hogs.

How is it best to deal with them?
>>
Against one wolf? I hope you have a gun because if they get you down on the ground your only hope is to try to shove your arm into their throat so that they can't rip your throat out.

Against a pack? You're fucked. Don't get surrounded, but you're fucked.

In either situation regardless of whether you survive the initial attack you will probably die soon after because you're out in the middle of the wilderness away from medical attention.
>>
>Shit out tactically concealed cellular device
>"Yes hello ATF I just put a foregrip on my Kolibri is that cool?"
>ATF vans crash through wolf den
>Steven Seagal kicks out the front window
>rolls down the hood
>slowly
>like it doesn't look tactical at all what the fuck are you doing
>I'm a little embarrassed at this point
>Seagal finally plants two feet on the ground
>Swaps shoulders on his rifle
>Does a 360 to retain full situational awareness
>Swaps shoulders again
>Double taps each canine
>Drops flashbang at my feet
>It's actually a strobe light because budget cuts
>Pats me down for Kolibri
>Can't find it
>Tell him he must have the wrong place
>He fucks off
>No more wolves
>Actually do have a Kolibri but Seagal's fat hands couldn't feel it through my maid costume
>>
File: 1464822610155.jpg (53KB, 500x685px) Image search: [Google]
1464822610155.jpg
53KB, 500x685px
Kill the alpha and they fuck off. seen it a million times with Coyotes.

Coyotes tastes like shit though. never had a wolf.

Also,
>having arguments with either clearly trolling or clinically retarded furries
This is why we're still the easiest board to troll.
>>
>>31340038
/ck/ is marginally worse.
>>
Depends. Don't let them circle you, if they surround you on all sides there's no predicting which one will pounce first and you could get bit from behind. If you can keep them all within your field of view, via kiting or strafing then you have a chance of being able to defend against individual attacks. Go for the head, eyes, throat, etc. If it jump-pounces, duck and slash at the throat. If it runs at you, stab through the eyes or the back of the neck.
If you happened to be smart and made a makeshift spear/javelin with the knife attached to a stick it increases your chance of survival because it gives you more reach. You may not even need to kill them all but at least mortally injure all or most of them until they can't fight.
>>
File: i stole this laptop.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
i stole this laptop.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>31340011
>>
>>31338746
Probably bait but also more or less accurate
>>
>>31340643
Side note, if the wolves were desperate enough to attack you they're probably starving, as such you might have a better chance. Seriously though, unarmed innawoods isn't particularly advisable
>>
File: 1364387170784.png (19KB, 291x317px) Image search: [Google]
1364387170784.png
19KB, 291x317px
>>31338735
I'm guessing my best bet would be to make a makeshift spear with my stick and knife, assuming I have some time.
Otherwise I'm fucked because even against a lone wolf you could get fucked up bad, but I suppose I could whack'em in the face with the stick.
>>
>>31339956
For extermination the best way is a Boarbuster or similar trap that will catch a whole sounder at once.

For hunting - depending on what you prefer. Easiest is an AR-10 with night vision when they are most active, or you can grab any AR or a bolt action scrub gun for daytime hunts.
>>
>>31338735
Bend over and spread em. They won't want to kill a potential free fuck.
>>
File: 2w591h.gif (1MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
2w591h.gif
1MB, 240x180px
>>31340840
This, but if they're determined you're probably screwed. Best bet is they fuck off after a few injuries, but if they're desperate they won't. It's not like you have anything to lose if you're in that situation though. Might as well go for it.

Side scenario: you're a wolf-loving faggot like me and in this situation. Assume you have guns. How difficult would it be for you to pull the trigger? How would you feel in aftermath?

I could probably draw on something springing at me, but I'd have a pretty hard time shooting a wolf. No way I'd be able to before it started making serious, immediate advances, and that could do me in if they ignored warning shots.
>Wolves don't understand warning shots
They understand loud noises

>Aftermath
Depends on adrenaline level. I honestly might be proud of myself for having pulled off defending myself from them, but if I found one wounded or some shit it would fuck me up for a while. Might try to save its life if that were an option
>>
File: 1463331547903.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1463331547903.gif
4MB, 480x270px
>>31340898
Don't be so sure.
>>
>>31340997
I really love dogs and canine in general, the wolf-dog breed being my favorite, but I also understand that it's a life and death situation man.
If it was my fault ,as in me being a retard KNOWING there are wolves in the area and walking in anyways, I'd feel like an ass.

If I stumbled upon them randomly, I wouldn't be particulary happy about it but I wouldn't be sad either.
>>
>>31340997
>How difficult would it be for you to pull the trigger? How would you feel in aftermath?
if it's them or me, i will feel nothing. but that might be because i both hunt, and i can separate my feelings.
>>
>>31338735
A whole fucking pack? I assume if you took a couple good chunks out of them and made alot of fuss, they might run off. Probably not. See you in Sovngarde.
>>
File: 1473323094913.png (38KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
1473323094913.png
38KB, 499x338px
>>31338903
why do you fuckers get baited so easily
>>
Liam Neeson couldn't even do it. What the fuck makes you think you could?
>>
File: 1472605851951.png (58KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1472605851951.png
58KB, 400x400px
>>31341016

Fucking Christ
>>
>>31338735
Shove your hand down his throat and he can't do anything against you.
>>
>>31338746
Hey fuck you, fucking furry faggot.
>>
>>31339956
Other anon already answered about guns, but I'll add my own experience with a 7.65x53 bolt action.

It will kill them. It will definitely kill them. But you need to set up downwind and far away, none of that fun creeping close stuff, and go either at night or make sure they're not looking. Odds are you'll shoot it, it'll drop dead and that's that. But in the very unlikely scenario that they get fed up with you, you need to be ready to shoot like Jamal is kicking down your door. The fuckers truly don't know what fear is.

>stumble across cougar/cougar tries to ambush
>shoot at the ground in front of it
>cougar flinches, hisses and fucks off

>set out for a nice evening of hog hunting
>boar spots you 3790268296 kms away
>huffs and trots over
>gets pissed
>gets FUCKING pissed
>you shoot at the ground in front of it
>CHAAAAAAAAAAAARRGE
>>
>>31341016
das fucked up.
>>
>>31338735
>You're up against a pack of wolves, and all you got is a mid-sized knife (think KBAR), and maybe a hiking stick.
if they attack you are dead, wolves can kill multiple people armed with guns if they mean their shit. 99% they won't tho.
>>
>>31339956
See a boar? Kill it. Simple as that. Everyone sans hippies will thank you.
>>
>>31338735
>Is it feasible to kill them all, without using guns?
No.

Focus fire on hurting one wolf, pain is more important than injury.
Once one gets booty blasted enough they will all leave.
>>
>>31338977
>I don't care what your scenario is
The firing pin broke. Wolves suddenly showed up.
Do you carry a complete carrier group and fcg group in your pocket just in case something like this happens? I'm betting you don't.
>>
>>31338735
shoot one

the rest flee

no seriously its not rocket science, wolfs are predators, and predators flee at sights of danger as well.

A predator cannot survive with bad, or even minor wounds, it prevents them from hunting as efficiently, so they try to insure their safety before stalking and killing prey.

If you dont look like prey and arent by yourself your chances go up, if you shoot a loud gun and one of them whimpers or dies, the rest will hear and retreat.

Simple.

And if you are stupid enough to stumble on their "den" with only a knife, good luck your a fuckin retard and will die as they will most likely try to kill you as they see you as competition for territory.
>>
>>31338746

Please say this is bait.

And i mean internet bait. Not the kind of bait that a fat autist from /k/ would be to a pack of wolves. Coz they..y'know...kill stuff.
>>
I had this happen to me before

>Take a vacation because school was stressing me out
>Take my bro and some of my friends
>Get separated on a trip exploring
>Next thing you know im in the woods with my kriss vector
>Non of that ACOG goodness, just a reflex sight
>All of a sudden while im looking for some plants
>A fucking pack of dogs
>Next thing you know one of them bites my arm
>So I shoot him
>Its a vector an im a noob so I shoot 30 bullets before I hit him once
>I run and jump off a cliff into water
>I pull out my grenade launch and start shooting everwhere
>Think Gustav rifle crazyness

Long story short the woods are on fire, the locals are shooting at me and only one of the wolves escape.
>>
>>31338735

OP posts a thread about a hypothetical situation about defending yourself againts animals.

All furrys on /k/ respond.

If there wasn't a goverment funded program into using orbital space launched weaponry that can track IP's of users of 4chan, this should be justification.
>>
>>31341601
>he doesn't have a spare bolt head and firing pin in his MOE+ grip capsule
O I am laffin
>>
>>31341682
I too enjoyed Far Cry 3.
>>
>>31340284
This is pretty much right. The only thing I would add is if you are surrounded; go on the offensive, lunge and attack the nearest wolf. Go for a throat slash because speed and violence of action is key. Wolves assume they have the initiative when stalking and surrounding prey because their prey is all flight instant animals. By taking the iniative from them you will disrupt their OODA loop (not just humans have this) and they will either retreat, be surprised (I can guarantee a wolf pack has never gone against prey that goes from escape to kill in an instant, they are conditioned to just escape or escape>threat display>attack)giving you enough time to kill another or escape or they will attempt attacking and then you MUST be a lethal and proactive defender always attempting to strike first and in the most lethal manner possible.

The goal is to show the wolves you are not an easy meal, they don't have sentimentality, you kill one or two before they can attack properly and they will decide you aren't worth the risk and eating a fallen comrade is probably the better option.
>>
>>31341841
For real, I havent even played the pc version where they probably added more Vas missions and I still loved it.
>>
>>31338735

Hiking I don't carry a knife or a stick. All plausibility is a machete or a hand axe. At that point if I stumble to a den I would keep the axe low , keep low , back slowly while looking behind me at times to make sure they don't try and surround me. Meat items and other food is then tossed not thrown at them and hopefully they see me as not a threat.

If I'm a threat I'm pretty fucked and that point treat them like dogs , aim for the head , eyes and legs , if you cant get a strike then fist their mouth . Always try to keep your back clear and make a retreat unless your really trapped then Last Alamo that bitch and if you do kill or injure enough they usually retreat and you can make a go for it.

I like wolves but know they are a bitch in their land especially if your a threat to them or their little ones.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 468x344px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 468x344px
Don't shoot Pumas, /k/.
>>
>>31338735
>Is it feasible to kill them all, without using guns?
Yes, but you're not getting out of it without getting pretty messed up.
>I assume if you're in the wilderness running is out of the question.
Bullshit. Running like hell is always an option. With wolves run and climb up a tree.
>>
>>31341695
This.
>>
File: Lioness has dinner.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Lioness has dinner.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>31341148
It's pretty fucking tame.
>>
>>31342494
>females
>>
>>31340997
>No way I'd be able to before it started making serious, immediate advances, and that could do me in if they ignored warning shots.
Just replying to tell you that if your life is on the life you don't waste your ammo on fucking "warning shots". Shoot the wolf so you don't have to worry about whether it "understands".
>>
>>31342494
Oh man how I wish it was able to land one kick.
>>
File: 1473882683054.jpg (29KB, 582x377px) Image search: [Google]
1473882683054.jpg
29KB, 582x377px
>>31338735
>>
>>31338807
This is harder bait than the furry comment. Go'n get fucked
>>
>>31338874
I kinda want that armor set... Just.. Not so tinny looking.. And I want to kill a wolf and use its pelt for something to go over the shoulders.
I might not be an apex predator, but I'll still kill my predators, eat them, and wear their skin.
>>
>>31338735
Climb a tree and wait them out?
>>
File: ddlulz.jpg (14KB, 350x337px) Image search: [Google]
ddlulz.jpg
14KB, 350x337px
>>31340011
>>
>>31338735
Do you know why you inhale and make a HHHHUHHHH sound when you get scared? You're inflating your lungs so you can yell for the rest of the tribe to come help you. Guess what happened to the ones that thought they could fight off a pack of wolves by themselves? Their lines have certainly ended by now. The canine menace is no stranger to us, those things have been hunting us since caveman days, theyve contributed to a lot of similar instincts.

These dogs won't fight fair and we don't have to either, but you certainly aren't winning against a pack of them all by your lonesome and without any tools.
>>
File: doyounot.jpg (22KB, 552x414px) Image search: [Google]
doyounot.jpg
22KB, 552x414px
>>31341601
>Do you carry a complete carrier group and fcg group in your pocket just in case something like this happens?
>>
File: tumblr_o6dvf1tR521qb5gkjo1_500.png (186KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6dvf1tR521qb5gkjo1_500.png
186KB, 500x354px
>>31342519
They don't need to understand. Historically they fuck off at loud noise pretty consistently. They're a danger to livestock, but basically negligible to humans. Not really any reason to kill one if I dont have to, and I can be basically certain I won't have to. Bears and moose on the other hand...

>Be driving in Anchorage on my way home from class
>Moose just fucking standing in the middle of the road
>three cars behind it.
>Fuck you I'm a Moose
>High traffic on a nearby road about 59 feet away
>Fuck you I'm a moose
>One guy tries honking at it
>Fuck you I'm a moose

Eventually it wandered off. Fucker wasn't even grazing or anything, it was just standing there.

Bears I've heard mixed results. A lot of people seem to try beanbags on them up there, but I don't think I'd risk it. Not personally had any experience with browns somehow, just a few blacks.
>>
>>31338884
You want to make eye contact. Stand tall and make loud noises (don't get yourself out of breath) DO NOT RUN. You can't outrun a dog, or even a housecat. We're very slow creatures despite our long ass legs. We were actually designed to be efficient endurance hunters (and of course toolmakers and builders).

If you can create distance that would be a great advantage, but wouldn't necessarily make the situation overall advantageous. I don't think this should be treated as a force interaction as much as it should be a social interaction. Canines are very communicative, and they speak through body language. We all know how to appear and sound dominant. I would say challenge the biggest one with threatening gestures and noise and if it doesn't back down cut the fucker and hope they fuck off. They may not. If you don't have strength in numbers, time to prepare (weapons, traps), or don't have a quick way to safety, you're just not going to win that one. Maybe you can widdle yourself some fire and scare them though.
>>
>>31343100
>We all know how to appear and sound dominant.
>appear and sound dominant
>sound dominant
>dominant
y-you too
>>
Pipe bomb
>>
File: BigPuppy.jpg (163KB, 615x615px) Image search: [Google]
BigPuppy.jpg
163KB, 615x615px
>>31338746
Get fucked fur fag.
>>
>>31338746
Why are you so fucking gay and offended. If some wolves came near me I would do my best to fend them off, and deffinitely kill them. I wouldnt seek out a pack of wolves but when they are hungry, they will hunt the shit out of you.
>>
>>31340480

>that filename

Lost
>>
>>31338746

It's fun...
>>
>>31338735
Bodyslam

t. /out/
>>
>>31342508
>>31342579
No. Cats are friends
>>
>>31345378
until they start biting the family jewels.
>>
>>31339119
I've eaten brown bear and toothed whale. I'm at the top of both the pelagic and terrestrial food chain.

Plenty of obligate predators are harmless to things bigger than them. I am not.

The fact that I can eat a salad doesn't change the fact that if I'm trapped in a pit with a cat, that the cat is getting eaten, not me.
>>
>>31341776
Don't forget a cam pin. They break before the bolt, most of the time, at rental ranges.
>>
File: YzNUnuh.png (121KB, 480x445px) Image search: [Google]
YzNUnuh.png
121KB, 480x445px
>>31338746
Holy shit. I get that there are a fair share of furfags on this board, but fuck me, I have never seen one so fucking retarded.
>>
>>31339028
Dogs can't even look up or walk backwards u dolt
>>
>>31346767
>dogs can't look up
Good movie, but incorrect.
>>
>>31343100
Good points.

I'd always try and back away first. Slowly and decisively.

I would bank on the wolves not wanting to eat me, but rather want to try and get me out of their territory.
>>
>>31338863
Holy fuck /k/ be more underage.
Go to school asshole.
>>
>>31343552
Not him, but go fuck yourself.
>>
>>31342355
christ...
>>
Wolves vs me with a knife? Easy fight. I'll be wearing one and raising it's goddamn pup to be my slave in an hour while the rest of the pack fucks off and accepts it's loses.
>>
>>31338735
>somehow stumble into a den. You're up against a pack of wolves, and all you got is a mid-sized knife (think KBAR), and maybe a hiking stick.
youre fucked. make yourself big and aggressive and get away from them slowly. if you run they will kill you and eat you because their hunting instincts are set off by prey running away from them.
>>
>>31339249
lost so hard
>>
>>31338746
We shoot them from planes by the bushel up here in alaska. Better not wander around the woods "yipping" or whatever the fuck it is you call it.
>>
>>31338735
Pull out your ATF squad and they'll light them up.
>>
>identify alpha if possible
>maintain eye contact
>roar as loud as possible
>attack

You're dead anyway, anything you do is a bonus.
>>
>>31338735
Dogs can't climb trees.

Climb a tree.
Lash the knife to your walking stick to make a speer.
Stab the wolves from your tree.
>>
>>31338735
>>31338746
is it true that if you stay still and stand your ground they've gotta fuck off because they rely on their prey running to attack it, or is that a meme/only applies to some huge animals.
>>
File: 1473756447674.gif (809KB, 450x281px) Image search: [Google]
1473756447674.gif
809KB, 450x281px
>>31340011
7.62/10
Made me chuckle out loud happily, like a retard or granny that just got a BINGO
>>
You find the alpha. Grab it by the throat, and then dry hump it to show your dominance. Now you are the alpha and must lead the pack.
Thread posts: 143
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.