[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone do 3-gun shoot competitions? What do you compete

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 3-Gun-Stages-Scoring-5.jpg (181KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
3-Gun-Stages-Scoring-5.jpg
181KB, 600x300px
Does anyone do 3-gun shoot competitions?

What do you compete with?
What kind of training have you received?
>>
>>31335687
>/k/
>actually shooting
lol
>>
>>31335700
;< nu, have faith....!
I really want to begin. Can't decide what rifle to get, but clocks ticking in my state since we banned AR's come January 1st.
They are flying off the shelves here.
>>
>>31335743
You mean California?
>>
>>31335779
yes sir
>>
>>31335799
I'm in the same boat. Here's what you're gonna do, you're gonna buy like 5 unfinished lowers, and then you're gonna learn how to build ARs.
>>
>>31335814
I want an all aluminum lower. I work in a gun shop, i'm told I've got a 50/50 chance of getting anything I order right now before January 1st since the orders are so hot. I'm like- fuhhh..... and I don't wanna go cheap if this is my last chance, you know?

As for handfunz and shotgun for 3-gun- that'll be easy ;) but the raifu, hmmm.... what to get... Was hoping some anons shot 3-gun here.
>>
>>31335839
You can buy aluminum 80%

Pretty cheap, like 60 bucks a pop.
>>
>>31335743
>>31335779
>>31335814
>>31335839
>>31335866
Why is any1 panicking? Literally the AR mag lock negates the stupid new law, it's like the bullet button was legally b4 the banned the bullet button.
>>
>>31335839

Nigger wut? Just buy a bunch of stripped lowers. Plenty available.
>>
>>31335687
First one was with an AR-15 with irons, beretta 92a1 and mossberg 500.
By my second one I had added an aimpoint PRO to the AR, an 11-87 with a 13rd tube and my beretta.

No formal training. Trained with a guy who was regularly top 3 in the local competitions for a few months. Dad's law enforcement and I've trained alot with him too.

I do okay.
>>
Always wanted to do 3 gun.

I've got a glock 19, vepr 12, and ar or vz58 or sks.....
>>
>>31335687
I want to do it with poorfag guns and start beating people but I can't afford the ammo to train regularly.
I shot with a retired PJ at a three gun range a few times and my adrenaline was always too high to be any good, consistently spilled spaghetti on pistol courses because I had no confidence in my ability to shoot. That shit is hard to do.
>>
>>31335687
Aero precision AR-15 with Vortex strike eagle
Mossberg 930 SPX with an extended tube
Glock 17

You're not going to see much variation in 3-gun competetors choice of firearms, almost always an AR, a Glock, and a 930, or if they're rich a beretta
>>
>>31337642
Benelli* fuck.
>>
>>31336996
Learn the sacred art of not giving a shit. It's applicable in many situations outside of shooting as well.

Also, OP is a faggot.
>>
>>31337642
> Steoger M3K
> Remington Versamax
> FN SLP
> Beretta 1301 Competition

There are other Semi-auto Shotguns to look at...
>>
One of my friends does, OP. In southern California, actually....and I heard that there are two kinds of competitions in the state because the state laws are so fucking stupid. One is state-compliant shit (retard paddle, no evil accessories, etc) and the other is standard accessory shit.

I'll have to ask what else goes on there; I was never too clear on it.
>>
>>31335687
You can get started with anything semi auto/centerfire for pistols and rifles and any kind if shotgun, just doesn't mean it's going to work well. I've seen both ARs and AKs for the rifle portion, AR is obviously preferred and I run Daniel Defense personally. Main things to look for when AR shopping is a nice trigger, good barrel, free floated handguard and long sight radius (also gives you more real estate on the rail to move your support hand) and I'd go for a compensator over a flash hider so it will shoot flatter. I like midlength gas systems more than carbine but either will work. Red dots or low powered scopes with throw levers or offset irons are common, or just irons.
Pistols I'd say if you have one that you shoot well with, run it. I've won matches with a cheap little SR9, just have to be comfortable and familiar with the gun. Glocks, 1911s, and CZ75 variants/clones are the most popular but a p226, 92fs, or 5" XD9 would work well too.
Shotguns can depend on the user, I've seen a guy run an old 870 express tac faster than another guy running a Benelli M2, semi autos are usually better though they are more likely to jam, you really have to stay behind them and make sure not to weak shoulder them while moving around our you can kill the whole stage very easily. 930s are great, when they're working properly. M3k is pretty sweet for the money, 1301s I've seen two bite the dust in the same match, M2s are phenomenal, but personally I like the Versamax competition with its piston system.
You'll need at least 4 mags each for whatever pistol and rifle you decide to bring, and as >>31338636 was saying, in CA you will often see different divisions within the match, some requiring CA compliance so bullet buttons or featureless, and one that slowed standard configuration and standard cap mags, I'd imagine that week be going out the window with the new law banning >10 cap mags though, well see.

What region of CA are you in?
>>
>>31338267
That's true, but they're not as cheap as the mossy.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.