[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vepr-12

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: VEPR12_07-1140x641.jpg (151KB, 1140x641px) Image search: [Google]
VEPR12_07-1140x641.jpg
151KB, 1140x641px
Any other VEPR-12 owners here?

Just got mine today, got to test it out and had some issues.

First shots were with cheap Wal Mart 2.75'' target ammo. It jammed after every shot and I would have to remove the spent shell by hand. Then I tried 20 rounds of 3'' magnum turkey loads, which it fired flawlessly. Went back to the cheap stuff and it did much better, but was still jamming at least one in ten rounds. Is there just a break in period on these or what? I referred to the chart on vepr.org and the stuff I'm using is supposed to be powerful enough not to cause cycling problems.

I will admit that this is my first shotgun so I know I have tons to learn. Would love to hear about experiences from other VEPR owners.
>>
I don't have one, but I hear you have to get them 'gassed' correctly for the type of load you are using. Check the gas plug adjustment if there is one. I would fuck with that before recoil springs, if you have the option.
>>
Go shoot 100 slugs through it. Mine had problems cycling at first too.
>>
>>31335145
I was told to rack the bolt a good 100-200 times before shooting it. I did that and it 100% ran fine with walmart suprema buckshot. Give that a try before shooting it again.
>>
>>31335171
VEPRs are "self regulating".
No adjustable gas plug.

>>31335145
Sit down and rack it 500 or so times.
The recoil spring is really stout as it's meant to shoot buckshot or slugs.
Should cycle fine after that.
>Or you could put a few hundred rounds of buckshot/slugs through it.
>>
>>31335145
>uses wallmart sold shells
>wonders why gun jams
>>
>>31335171
I... honestly don't know what that means. I have owned several AKs so I thought that the VEPR would have the advantage of being familiar to me but 'gas plug adjustment' is foreign enough to require to research.

>>31335204
>>31335212
Thanks for the suggestions.
>>
>>31335145
That's normal. Most VEPRs cant run cheap shit out of the box. You need to run some high brass through it first to break it in. It may take anywhere between 50-300 rds. It varies from gun to gun.
>>31335171
You're thinking of a Saiga 12, VEPRs don't have an adjustable gas system.
>>
File: SGMTV1225D.jpg (34KB, 311x400px) Image search: [Google]
SGMTV1225D.jpg
34KB, 311x400px
>>31335145
Love mine.
Generally only put cheap Estate Buckshot through it.

Just got 2 SGM drums to fuck around with.
They seem ok, but kind of flimsy.

I'm going to attempt to make a steel rear cover and "cage" around it to try and make them a little more rugged.
>>
Don't listen to the people saying you have to run slugs or hot shotgun ammo throw it. Lube it up and then run the action by hand a few hundred times. That will break it in and your not spending a fuck load on ammo
>>
>>31335145
Did you fieldstrip it and clean and lube it at all? or are you one of thooose? Shoot 00buck or slugs for the first 100 rounds, you used to get 100 rounds of 00 buck free with a vepr12 purchase to help break it in/get you shooting correct ammo. There is in fact a break in period which as others said can be mitigated by working the action manually and generally fingerfucking and molesting your rifle.
>>
Mine was the same. Lube it good and after 20-50 rounds she don't give a fuck.

I bought mine early, I have the shitty "wood" buttstock. Wish I had the welded folder
>>
how long are the 8 and 10 round molot mags. Im trying to find pouches for them
>>
>>31335145
just stroke it a few times and let it shoot jizz. Then go to the range and shoot the fuck out of your new Vepr. Rinse. Repeat. Kill niggers if you get a chance.
>>
File: IMG_1276.jpg (2MB, 3305x3305px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1276.jpg
2MB, 3305x3305px
>>31337198
RPK pouches will fit both 8 and 10 rounders, although the 10's will be a tight squeeze.

>For reference on the fitment only.
https://www.legionusa.com/vepr-rpk-soviet-magazine-pouch.html

Find the pouches elsewhere, as $35 is ridiculous.
I paid $4 apiece for RPK pouches from SG Ammo about 6 months back, so shop around.
>>
File: Bad-Joke-Eel.jpg (31KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
Bad-Joke-Eel.jpg
31KB, 500x371px
>>31335145
VEPR? I hardly know her!
>>
>>31337236
So would you say go with the 10 rounders.
>>
>>31337731
If you can afford them, of course.
>these days they're about $30 less than they were not that long ago.

Since FIME acquired the import rights to Veprs, the prices on mags have gone down somewhat.
And factory mags will always beat out aftermarket; ie SGMs.(except for the drum, which Molot has yet to make)
>Though I hear good things about the CSSpecs all steel 8 rounders
>>
File: 1455058849792.jpg (362KB, 1500x890px) Image search: [Google]
1455058849792.jpg
362KB, 1500x890px
>>31335145
Mine also didnt want to fire cheapo walmart target loads at first.

There is no gas adjustment on VEPR ... I would get FTE's with low brass shitty loads. It got better after I fired alot of heavy high brass slugs through it..

I also ended up polishing the shit out of all contact surfaces to smooth out that heavyness / binding in the middle of the cycle.

I also lubed it with full synthetic amsoil 5w40. its almost butter smooth now action wise .. at least for an AK.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.