[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Parts kit in student housing center

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: cetme kit.jpg (52KB, 964x400px) Image search: [Google]
cetme kit.jpg
52KB, 964x400px
I live in a student housing center, and was wondering if I could have a parts kit for something like a CETME L in my room.

Now considering that parts kits are not firearms and are unrestricted, as they're only bits of metal and plastic without the receiver, is there any reason why not? I can't find any rules regulating it in anything I agreed to, and it's unrestricted by general laws, but my RA asked "higher ups" and they said no, but didn't give a real reason.

Do they have a right to restrict arbitrary items? This is similar to if I asked, "Can I have a spoon?" and they just say no and point to no reason or rules.

I know /k/ isn't the place for legal advice, but I figured I'd try to figure out who is in the right here.
>>
>>31332186
Legally yes, whether that breaks the rules is up to your Administration
>>
>>31332197
Scratch that, if it's against the rules then I think that makes it against the law
>>
>>31332197
They said there's no rules restricting it, but It might make a RA that comes in for a room check think it's a violation, it which case I could explain that it isn't. Is there anything I could do if both parties have recognized there is no rule against it, but they say no just because? Again, they're just restricting arbitrary things at this point. Thanks for the input though.
>>
File: IMG_6806.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6806.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>31332186
move off campus.... my apartment has a no gun policy but they cant arrest me cause its not illegal, just breaking their rules. Its like leaving your trash outside or glass containers by the pool, not illegal just not allowed.
>>
>>31332238
I'm in a transfer program, and you're not in the housing for it, you get kicked out of it. In short it's a scam, but it's a sure way to get into the college I plan to go to.
>>
It is all dependent on Student Conduct Policy. It may not be illegal as a parts kit is not considered a firearm by the ATF, but it is entirely up to the university to determine whether or not that the behavior is in line with their conduct policy and they can do with you what they please based on that.
>t. an anon who has dealt with this via Title VII/Title XI regarding free speech
>>
>>31332186
DO NOT DO IT, if I was the RA I would not care, but you forget most RA's never handled or looked at a firearm, they will freak out and then your out a degree
>>
>>31332301
It's actually off campus housing, they're just "houising center" involved in a "bridge program" from a technical college to university. I'm don't think that applies to what you mentioned, it's also completely off campus.
>>
>>31332337
I know, I'm just trying to figure out if it's okay for them to restrict arbitrary items if there's no rules against it. I'd rather ask about it than ask for forgiveness.
>>
>>31332388
>off campus
Literally do WHATEVER the fuck you want provided they don't have any specific legal statutes that prevent you from storing firearms in your quarters. Go nanners.
>>
File: RESTRICTED ITEM.png (95KB, 263x440px) Image search: [Google]
RESTRICTED ITEM.png
95KB, 263x440px
>>31332425
I signed an agreement for the whole no firearms thing. Oddly enough, lava lamps were on that list as well, fire hazard I guess.

Anyways, nowhere on anything I signed was there any restriction of parts kits, and by law, they are not firearms.
>>
>>31332186

If someone finds it say it's parts for an Airsoft gun.
>>
Most agreements for housing that ban firearms also ban firearm parts for this reason. see if you can read your housing contract
>>
>>31332238
Well, the owners can still evict you because of it should they want to. Just saying.
>>
>>31332583
Like I mentioned in the post with the lava lamp, that isn't in the housing contract/ agreement.
>>
Since you have a right to own guns what is the legality of an apartment banning you from owning them.

They couldn't kick you out for being a certain religion or for saying things they dont like covered by free speech.
>>
>>31332644
They provide a service, they make you sign an agreement for their service, and they can stop providing that service if you don't uphold the agreement. My argument is that there isn't any agreement made for restricting parts kits, just firearms.
>>
>>31332676

You can't be bound to an agreement that restricts your rights. The constitution supersedes a private contract.
>>
>>31332698
Sadly no, there's some businesses that sign contracts with one another, stating that they can not speak about something they patent for sometimes 10 years with the public, even if it's public knowledge/ in the public domain, at some point. So let's say you patent something similar to the wheel, and everybody has it in 5 years, your right to speak about it is still restricted even if the first amendment says otherwise. If you break the agreement, that is illegal, that's just how signed agreements work.
>>
>>31332754
But again, nothing in any agreement is there a restriction on parts kits.

So for the most important question, do they have the right to restrict arbitrary items? If not, they can not stop me from having it, and can not evict me because of it.

This is an off campus building, as previously mentioned, as well, so it's completely unrelated to the university.
>>
>>31332862
C'mon guys, the answer to this one takes the cake.
>>
It doesnt matter. Its like the TSA, even a complete enfield bolt is a "firearm"
>>
>>31332186
>Guns/gun parts in a dorm
Fuck em friendo, I had all kinds of fun things in my dorm Freshman year.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.