[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird Day at the Range

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 267
Thread images: 30

File: Untitled.png (521KB, 430x640px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
521KB, 430x640px
Seems like everytime i go to the gun range i come back with a story to tell. This just happened a little while ago:

>on my way up to the range
>stop at walmart for ammo
>everythings going normal
>theres another guy there looking for ammo
>hes open carrying a pistol
>dirty old ugly man
>5 foot 3
>asked me what kind of ammo is the best
>his gun keeps jamming with winchester rounds
>say my glock eats everything i dont have ammo problems
>said what kind of gun are you using
>he said "40 smith and wesson">
>i was like oh ok its a 40, who makes it?
>he says smith and wesson
>i said no they made the 40 caliber thats why it says that
>is the gun also S&W?
>he says NO WHAT PART DIDNT YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT 40 SMITH AND WESSON
>i can see part of his gun
>it's a taurus
>still couldnt convince him
>anyways
>i get my ammo
>go to the range
>theres 1 guy there
>his car has anti hillary stickers on it
>cool
>i get closer
>i see him
>hes got short shorts
>tucks his shirt in
>his shirt says DAD on it
>hes prob 50 years old or so
>we say hi to eachother
>started shooting
>he seems a little weird but i don't think anything of it
>he asks if he can go down range to set up more targets
>i said sure
>so im messing with my red dot
>my guns unloaded
>no mag
>chamber clear
>finger off the trigger
>the barrel is pointed towards the woods, sideways, completely away from him
>when he walks back
>he says to me
>"DONT EVER TOUCH YOUR GUN AGAIN WHILE IM DOWN RANGE"
>i said no its cool its unloaded and i had it pointed away from you
>HE GOES NO THATS A RULE YOU'RE BREAKING THE RULES
>i was like ok can you point to me on the sign where it says that?
>HE GOES IT DOESNT MATTER IF ITS NOT ON THE SIGN I BEEN SHOOTING SINCE I WAS A KID I KNOW THE RULES
>i said lol ok mom what are you gonna do about it?
>IM CALLING THE GAME WARDEN

>>>>Cont.
>>
>not having it typed out already
>>
>>31328549
sounds like you're surrounded by retarded people, and your penchant for engaging them only suggests you are yourself, retarded.
>>
tldr; OP spergs out and runs crying to 4chan, where we will continue to mock him
>>
>i say go ahead
>he calls
>no answer
>calls again
>game warden answers
>he tells the game warden what happened
>" yeah this kid is breaking rules here i >need you to come to the range "
>"hes handling his weapon while im down range"
>game warden asks him something
>he says "no he wasnt pointing it down range but he's still not supposed to mess with it"
>"should i call the cops?"
>apparently the game warden said something along the lines of "no"
>convesation ended
>he never called the cops
>game warden never came
>the guy packed up his stuff and left

Clearly this guy was nuts right? He also wanted my american eagle empty boxes to put his reloaded ammo in, i ripped them up and threw them away after this shit happened, i was gonna give them to him originally.
>>
>>31328564
>>"DONT EVER TOUCH YOUR GUN AGAIN WHILE IM DOWN RANGE"
that is an entirely fair thing to say and you are an unsafe asshole.
>>
>>31328566

west virginia
>>
File: safety.jpg (20KB, 640x362px) Image search: [Google]
safety.jpg
20KB, 640x362px
>>31328549

> be shooting at range
> ask only other guy here if we can call cold so I can set my targets
> he says ok
> go to the targets, check over my shoulder
> this idiot is playing with his gun while I'm downrange
> go back and tell him to not do this
> he looks at me like pic related
> "don't worry bro it's unloaded"
>>
>>31328588

>fair thing to say

i bet you dislike youtube videos if they dont safety check the gun at the start of the video
>>
>>31328588
>replying to the wrong person

shit thread already bruv
>>
>>31328602

>pointing gun down range
>handling weapon pointed in safe direction

pick one faggot
>>
>>31328610
its shady to handle your guns while people are down range but i probably wouldnt get triggered if someone was away from the bench and pointing the muzzle away from the targets

that said, safety checks on youtube and real life strangers with guns are not the same thing, are they faggot
>>
>>31328578

Or just be courteous and not handle your gun while someone's down range. You don't know each other.

You've given a description of what he looks like, how do we know you don't look like some psycho killer to him?

He shouldn't have freaked out like a tard, but you were being a tard too.
>>
>>31328629
it's not shady at all i was making a few adjustments to my optics with a clear gun pointed towards the fucking woods.this guy was a sperg and you know it
>>
>>31328578
Maybe he had a bad experience or something OP.

It's not your duty to watch out for this kinda shit if you're following the rules but doing what old man short-shorts said would likely help you avoid any similar problems in the future.
>>
>>31328644

>you dont know eachother

you walk by people everyday that you dont know who could have weapons, why go out in public then?

if i wanted to shoot him while he had his back turned walking down the range 100 yards i could have easily. i am dresssed in a white t shirt and camo shorts and im white i dont think i look like a psycho.
>>
>>31328622

Because from his point of view downrange it's absolutely obvious that this stranger over there with a gun is being totally super safe and not one of those hundreds of idiots /k/ copypastas are made of.
>>
>>31328645

Nigger, how old are you? Just learn from it, and move on. How would you like it if you went down range and some STRANGER was fucking with his gun? Almost every range I've been to has a don't touch your gun when range is cold rule, it's just common practice.

Be more courteous or at least communicate to him that if it's okay to fix your dot when he's putting up targets.

Why were you fucking with your dot anyway without shooting?

>being this dense and salty
>>
>>31328645
retards cant into reading comprehension
>>
Just leave your fucking gun alone for the two minutes it takes to put a target up. Nothing could possibly be so important that you neglect this simple rule.

Were you beaten in the head as a child, OP?
>>
>>31328668
it's not his job to determine any of that.
if he feels unsafe he should leave immediately and i would do the same if i felt a bad vibe from someone there

we even had a friendly conversation when i frst got there, talking how nice the day was and tell him he can have my empty boxes
>>
>>31328549
Hate to tell you but at public ranges its common courtesy to not touch your gun while somone is down range. He is absolutely correct.
>>
>>31328670

im almost 24 i'm not some teenager. Every range i've been to the rule is to not point and hold your gun down range when someone is down there, so people point it towards the woods behind the benches or to the left side of the benches. Everyone here does this but for some reason this guy has a problem with my gun accidentally shooting a tree or somehow doing a 90 degree swipe and bullets coming out of an unloaded gun
>>
>>31328690

> guy has gun pointed in my general direction
> but it's not my job to decide if he's going to ND in my face
>>
>>31328710
didn't know /k/ was such spergs, no wonder i barely come here anymore

im gonna touch my gun more often at ranges now while people are down range just because im so sure im in the right. even the game warden took my side. you guys are retards
>>
>>31328690
You are being the sperg by refusing to acknowledge that you had any responsibility in this exchange, I wouldn't give anybody at a range or otherwise the benefit of the doubt that people will just be safe with their firearms.
>>
>>31328720

can you fucking read? the gun was away from his direction how autistic are you?
>>
>>31328711
So everybody points their gun to the left, even if there are people to the left of them? Do you know how retarded that sounds?
>>
>>31328726

true, it coulda fired without bullets, rechocheted off a tree, and him right between the eyes. how did i not see this?
>>
>>31328733

> how autistic are you
> defending pointing a weapon at people downrange
>>
>>31328722
Then continue to get yelled at you fucking autist.
>>
>>31328722
>im gonna touch my gun more often at ranges now while people are down range just because im so sure im in the right.

There was someone who did this at the range near me.

Another guy shot him six times.

Just sayin'
>>
>>31328738

way to oversimplify

yes we all point out guns directly left right at eachothers shoulders.

i said behind and to the left there is woods you fucking illiterate underage cuck
>>
>>31328739
>Guns are always loaded.
>If you are going to point your weapon at something make sure you are ok with it being destroyed

Why do we have these
>>
>>31328722
That's real adult of you.
>>
>>31328645
>i was just adjusting
it really couldn't wait?
>>
>>31328745
>>31328747
You do not deserve to own firearms if your are going to act like a child and potentially endanger lives. Get the fuck out
>>
>>31328740

>gun pointed towards woods, to the left of the range
>he still claims it was pointed down range

whatever condition you have makes autism look tame
>>
>>31328766

But he is 24
>>
>>31328766
>linking the wrong post

Calm down. You're getting angry at people who explicitly agree with you.
>>
>>31328578
even if it isnt against the rules, handling funs while someone is downrange is shitty
>>
>>31328722
>literally everyone disagrees with you
>yeah whatever you're all spergs
no worries, only a matter of time before you off yourself due to shit safety
>>
OP can you provide us with a quick scheme/drawing of the situation because your whole gun behind to the left thing seems to confuse everyone.
>>
All these fools not field stripping gun before letting people down range... ensures others that it is safe, extra practice with assembly, and gives you a chance to spot any problems before they become real issues
>>
>>31328791
yep, gimme a sec
>>
> Seems like everytime i go to the gun range i come back with a story to tell

Gee I wonder why
>>
>>31328739
pretty sure guy down range couldn't see it.

You knew you were safe but the guy down range sees someone handling a fire in unknown condition. shit can go south pretty quick and his mind went to the worse case scenario when he saw chuckle fuck stranger McGee fiddling with his rifle.

Friends have also shot friends when they lax the rules because they knew each other were "safe" and not dum.
>>
>>31328790

wow a handful of sperg lords on /k/ are safety nazi's, really changed my mind.
>>
>>31328812
sure that's no problem. that's going above and beyond and far be it from me to yell at you for being too safe.
>>
This thread is retarded.

If you only can fuck around with your gun when the line is hot it's a waste of time because then you aren't shooting as much.

Also if OP was going to straight up murder the guy downrange it makes no difference, he would have shot the guy before he walked back up it's not like there was any confusion as there was only 2 people on the range.

This is why I go shoot in the woods I can stand this shit. I literally work with guns on the daily and I don't sperg out this much.
>>
>>31328830
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxIfMuJzKxQ
This is going to be you.
>Bu... But it was unloaded.
>>
File: 1473869477200.jpg (66KB, 640x857px) Image search: [Google]
1473869477200.jpg
66KB, 640x857px
>>31328853
>If you only can fuck around with your gun when the line is hot it's a waste of time because then you aren't shooting as much.

I just want everyone in this thread to see this ridiculous post.
>>
>>31328566
This
>>
>>31328853
>Intentionally murdering somebody
>Accidentally shooting somebody
Same thing right mang?
>>
File: 1420376737242.gif (2MB, 300x332px) Image search: [Google]
1420376737242.gif
2MB, 300x332px
>>31328853
>It's OK that OP could have killed this guy because he could have just killed him
>>
>>31328549
>>31328578
I wouldn't have acted like that, but if you touched your gun while I'm downrange, regardless of anything else, I would have told you you are a huge faggot who indeed, broke the safety rules and should be more conscious about it.
>>
File: range.png (61KB, 1527x827px) Image search: [Google]
range.png
61KB, 1527x827px
now you can visualize it better
>>
>>31328824

Basically this.

I never have a range story. Why? Because I mind my own business and treat others with courtesy and respect. It's amazing how easy life is when you're not an emotionally fragile sperglord who picks a fight with everyone within his field of vision.
>>
>>31328549
I have considered the issue and find OP to be in the right.
>>
>>31328549
>>31328578
You're both fucking autistic. All you had to do was ask him if it was ok to fiddle with your optic while he was downrange as long as you showed it was clear and were going to keep it pointed off in another safe direction. If he said no then just wait for him to get back. If he sperged out like he did when he saw you just go ahead and do it just leave because he's fucking nuts.

Thank God the range I go to is usually empty, I never have to deal with retards like you or the guy in your story. The worst I've seen there is a guy teaching his daughter to shoot without earpro.
>>
I learned a lot from this. I realize /k/ now beleives the rules should be extended becaues the basic 10 rules on signs arent enough, we need more safety rules and also /k/ disagrees with game wardens opinion of me being safe.
>>
>>31328874

Look guys, OP is a pretty legit guy. Let's observe some facts about this situation:

1) Everyone else on earth has perfect knowledge of OP's intentions and the state of his firearms

2) It is physically impossible to rotate a gun 90 degrees and pull a trigger unless your victim telepathically wills it to happen

3) A game warden agreed with OP, so he must be right.

What we can learn from this situation is that, in fact, the man that OP was pointing his gun at is the real aggressor. If he had just read OP's mind and realized that guns cannot be fired at anyone who doesn't want to be shot, then maybe he wouldn't have gotten so angry.
>>
>>31328891
>All you had to do was ask him if it was ok to fiddle with your optic
are you insinuating that op needs to TALK and COMMUNICATE to people?!
>>
>>31328912
Despite knowing how impossible that is for manchildren and turboautists like OP, yes, I am.
>>
>>31328874
ok sorry i was thinking of it differently . you were fine the guy is just crazy.
>>
>>31328549
>>31328578
As some who has been downrange while some asstard decided to start shooting, I have to say
>OP you are a complete and utter asstard too
>>
>>31328753
Basically this. Accidents happen most when rules are not followed. It is not commonly a catastrophic accident but fuck rolling the dice on that shit. Wait your spoiled ass a few minutes and quit slacking on customary and good habbit supporting rules
>>
>>31328922

Want to know how I know OP is samefagging ?
>>
>>31328912
i shouldnt have to warn someone when im using my gun safely and not pointing it at them, and he was 100 yards down range im not gonna scream to him
>>
>>31328780
And manchildren do not exist?
>>
>>31328874
Right or wrong you're still socially inept. You're so upset that you actually drew a picture to demonstrate your point.

Next time count to ten.
>>
>>31328549
>>31328578

Assuming this isn't a made up story that you were too autistic to realize makes you the asshole, you are the asshole in this situation.

Yeah the guy might have overreacted for what actually was happening, but you're the asshole. You fucked up.
>>
>>31328949

Maybe but he sounds very mature to me.
>>
>>31328549

>inna indoor range
>can't shoot black powder
>some fudd brought his muzzle loader
>he loaded it at home to not arise suspicion from the safety officer
>KABOOM
>whole range goes cold
>guys muzzle loader blew the fuck up
>like barrel unpeeled like a banana
>he loaded it with smokeless powder because black powder wasn't allowed
>his muzzleloader was magnum rated so he put like 2 inches of smokeless powder in it
>>
>>31328945
>I shouldn't have to warn someone when I go against common range etiquette and pick up a gun when he's down range.

Did you even stop and think for a fucking second how it might have looked from his perspective? He might not have seen where you were pointing it. I wouldn't want some random fuck I don't know fingerfucking his gun while I'm downrange either. He overreacted for sure screaming like that, but getting mad over it isn't uncalled for. All you had to do was ask him first you fucking sperg.
>>
>>31328983

sure you can call me an asshole but atleast i was a safe asshole. no one can deny i wasnt being safe and anyone who thinks so is wrong because it wasnt on the sign, the game warden didnt do anything to me, and its just common sense there was no danger here.

I see you as just another safety nazi with no life
>>
I constantly see faggots like OP at my range. This is usually what happens:

>idiot muzzlesweeps range or touches their gun while cold
>RO shows up with his hand on his holstered pistol, calmly explains the rules to sperg
>sperg gets angrier and begins screaming and stuttering as more RO's with hands on their guns show up
>sperg eventually realizes he's seconds away from snapping and being gunned down by a dozen angry rednecks
>sperg runs away and posts about it on the internet, where he continues to be mocked and jeered at for being a colossal fuckup
>banned for life from range, scarred for life due to 1 bad social interaction

All you had to do was leave the gun alone for two minutes.
>>
File: 1473877790319.png (207KB, 1527x827px) Image search: [Google]
1473877790319.png
207KB, 1527x827px
ok, now who was in the right?
>>
File: 1471914742620.jpg (53KB, 940x611px) Image search: [Google]
1471914742620.jpg
53KB, 940x611px
>>31328867
>>31328872

Essentially yes, because looking at this rationally, there are only 2 dangerous outcomes for the guy down range.

>OP just shoots him to murder him
>OP attempts to shoot at targets around him while he is down range

If the guy downrange seriously thought he was in danger of immediate death he wouldn't have waited to walk back up to OP, he would have ran back up or yelled from downrange.

I'm not saying you should point guns DOWN RANGE if there is a guy down there, but there is always a certain level of implied trust when the guy is down range that OP won't start shooting if he is facing away from OP messing with his target. The difference between OP picking up his rifle when the guy isn't looking and fucking with it pointed in another direction is pretty inconsequential, you could say if he has it in his hand it's intent, but hardly if he isn't sighting in down range.
>>
>>31328996

you're implying i could have been a murderer, which is possible. but in that case he woulda been dead while his back was turned. so he could assume i wasnt an intentional threat, which leaves only accidental threats as an option, therefore im 100% in the right because i followed every rule on the sign.
>>
>>31328830
stay butthurt friend, you're retarded.
>>
>>31329014
>because looking at this rationally

Just don't touch your fucking gun when the range is cold.

Do you actually think it's OK to kill people because you can rationalize it to yourself? That's some deep, deep psychotic retard shit.
>>
>>31329002

i like how you compare me to people who muzzle sweep when its clear that never happened. there are no RO's here its a free unsupervised public range. ive been here a lot of times and this has never happened. usually the story is about someone else being an idiot like backing up into my car in the parking lot. if you get scared cause someone touches their gun you need to go to a mental institute you are paranoid.
>>
>>31329014
>there is always a certain level of implied trust

Which OP violated.

Is this literally the first time in your life you've had to think about social interactions? It certainly seems that way.
>>
>>31329027

I didn't say that I wanted to murder people you dipshit, read the post, I'm saying that the obvious dangerous outcome is the guy down range gets shot.
>>
>>31328985
Samefagging this hard
>>
File: 1473873463382.jpg (154KB, 351x390px) Image search: [Google]
1473873463382.jpg
154KB, 351x390px
>>31329037

Nah, I'm utterly convinced that you did, in fact, sweep him.

Not a single thing you've said sounds like you have anything higher than a fourth grade education. The idea that you could be lying about every single detail about this story in a vain attempt to make yourself seem reasonable is not an impossible thing for me to imagine.

You already admitted that you did a seriously dumbfuck thing, so it's over. There's nothing you can say to salvage the situation at this point.
>>
>>31329021
It's ok to run down pedestrians in my car if they are crossing the street not in a protected crosswalk right guys?
>>
>>31329014

it's hard to talk any sense into these kids but thanks for a being a voice of reason amongst clear stupidity.
>>
>>31329021
Do you have actual, no meming, real life autism?

>i-it wasn't on a sign so I was right!

With the amount of crazy fucks out there and the number of retards that ND every day do you honestly not see why he could be concerned? The sign also didn't say to check your mirrors before backing out of your parking space, but not doing it and then accidentally hitting someone would still be your fault, dipshit. You even admitted it would have been possible to accidentally shoot him right there in your fucking post. Just leave the gun on the table and make that chance zero. What the fuck were you even doing with an optic if you weren't shooting with it?

Kill yourself dumbass.
>>
File: 1469574666694.jpg (12KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1469574666694.jpg
12KB, 250x250px
>OP comes to cry to /k/ about his fefes
>gets absolutely btfo
>>
>>31329052

Hey, he didn't run any pedestrians down, he just drove towards them at 100 mph, through a red light, while flipping the bird and telling everyone to get the fuck out of his way.

He managed to veer away at the last second and plow into a storefront, so it's OK. At least that's what I've rationalized to myself.
>>
>>31329050

you can accuse me of lying all you want but if i muzzle swept someone i wouldn't be here because that's clearly against the rules. I know you want me to fit into your confirmation bias and narrative but there's no way for either of us to prove if i was lying or not except for the fact that no one muzzle sweeps and defends it except jamal and tyrone
>>
File: 1473543869553.jpg (61KB, 1078x651px) Image search: [Google]
1473543869553.jpg
61KB, 1078x651px
>>31329003
>>
>>31329059
A magical place indeed
>>
>>31328644
This.

OP is an asshole.
>>
>>31329059

>gets btfo
>every reply is people telling me i muzzle swept and lied about or i had my gun pointed down range and im lying about it.

so who exactly got blown the fuck out? no ones made a reasonable case against me yet, im still waiting.

it basically comes down to

>nuh uh your lieing
>>
File: safffffff.png (108KB, 1527x827px) Image search: [Google]
safffffff.png
108KB, 1527x827px
>pointing rifle in unsafe direction
strike one
>pass "the line" during cold range
strike 2 mister
>handling firearms during cold
>STRIKE TREEEEE YOU'RE OUT
>>
>>31329003
>cactus

I guess OP really was in the right after all
>>
>>31329074
>The only firearm safety rules that exsist are the ones that continue to push my narrative
>>
>>31329003
No idea why, but I laughed a whole lot at this picture.
>>
>>31329074

Nice to meet you, Jamal.
>>
>>31329096

>adjust gun at home
>there is no backstop

?????

Unsafe and shit
>>
>>31329074
>you can accuse me of lying all you want

Nobody requires your permission to do anything.

You're seriously deluded if you think there's a single person on this thread who doesn't explicitly agree with everything I've said to you.
>>
>>31329014
>>OP just shoots him to murder him
>>OP attempts to shoot at targets around him while he is down range

Or OP ND's like a faggot.
>>
OP you're a fucking buffoon. Basic range safety is to not fuck with your gun, no matter where it's pointed, when the line is cold. Make your adjustments when the line is hot. That's the bottom line. You're a faggot if you disagree
>>
>>31328549

so first

>went to walmart
>talking to guy who knows nothing about guns
>want to show him i know better
>try to debate him that his gun isn't a S&W even though i'll never see him again and it doesnt matter at all to me

part 2

>go to range
>guy goes downrange to put targets
>pick up and play with my gun because i'm fucking retarded and the 10-15 minutes i just had wasnt enough, i also have to do it in the shooting break

my only advice after these two incidents is that you should take the red dot off your gun, load it up, press it firmly against the back of the roof of your mouth and depress the trigger
>>
>>31329074
Dont touch your fucking weapon with somebody downrange.
>>
>>31329121
i disagree. follow the sign rules and you'll be fine. anything else is hogwash
>>
>>31329121
>You're a faggot if you disagree
>>31329136
>i disagree.

Well ok then.

Faggot.
>>
>>31329089
>Every reply

Fuck off, that's literally a lie. Like I've said, all you had to do was talk to the guy first or just not touch your fucking gun when he's down range. How the fuck does he know your gun is clear?

I hope you drink Hopped by accident while cleaning your guns and die. Faggot.
>>
File: 007.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
007.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
>>31328549
>>31328578
>>31328874

OP looking at that range Layout, and the implication that the game warden is in charge of the range, where you at?

Cause that sounds like MO, Dept of Conservation ranges and all that
>>
>>31329130
Nice and concise.

The rest of this thread is unnecessary.
>>
>it's another game of "OP gets completely BTFO by over 100 other posters"
>>
>>31329151

Pretty much every range looks like that, don't get too excited.
>>
>>31329148
Fucking lol.

OP, you're a faggot. You obviously have some kind of adult onset type 2 autism. You couldn't just let the old dude think he has a s&w because you just always have to be right in your own mind, and for the same reason you can't admit you fucked up at the range today. At least just give up and stop posting you faggot.
>>
File: stfu.jpg (42KB, 450x470px) Image search: [Google]
stfu.jpg
42KB, 450x470px
>>31329136

> follow the sign rules and you'll be fine

Uh oh here's a rule on a sign OP
>>
File: 1473819017168.jpg (43KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1473819017168.jpg
43KB, 396x385px
OP here

I'm still going to continue to touch my gun while people are down range and im stiill going to get the occasional sperg who calls the game warden only to get BTFO on the phone

>mfw nothing changes and /k/ stays triggered
>>
>>31329149
>How the fuck does he know your gun is clear?
especially when he's 100yrds away.
>>
>>31328610
Doing visible safety checks at the start of a video promotes gun safety.
I guess retards like yourself don't like gun safety though.
Faggot.
>>
>>31329179
>I'm still going to continue to touch my gun while people are down range

You're going to get shot. You realize that, right?

People get shot all the time because they do shit like this. They wave their gun around like a retard, someone else gets spooked and shoots them.

You're lucky if the only thing anyone does is ban you from the range.
>>
>>31329179
capped for convenient news article
>>
>>31329190

yeah, no. no one is going to commit murder for someone pointing their unloaded gun away from the
>>
>>31329179
Looking forward to reading about you in the police blotter re self defense. Even my commie state wouldn't bother a grand jury for your corpse
>>
>>31329203
>no one is going to commit murder

If you point a gun at me, I'm putting seven rounds into your chest.

It's called self-defense, something you probably don't believe exists, because it's inconvenient for you.
>>
>>31329203
I'm glad someone murdered you midpost and was kind enough to enter the captcha and hit enter.

Now that OP is gone the world is a little less gay and retarded.
>>
>>31329203
Just like no one would handle their firearms on a cold range
>>
>>31329203
>someone pointing their unloaded gun away from the

Wow, OP is so upset that he can't even finish his sentences anymore.

I imagine he's probably shaking with rage at the moment. He's been replying to this thread every 30 seconds for the past four hours. That's got to take a toll on a guy.

Calm down, OP. Have some tea. Come back to the thread once you've relaxed a little and are ready to admit that everything you've said is wrong, and everything that I've said is right.
>>
>>31329000
The safest thing to do would have been to not touch the fucking gun until he came back. Regardless of what you did, or who agreed with you, you did not do the SAFEST thing. That is the fucking point. That is why you are a stupid fuck.

What other rules would you like to push, anon? Wanna stand just outside a school zone while open carrying? Maybe shout a couple times "I'm not in the school zone! I'm not in the school zone!" with a shit eating grin on your face? Grow the fuck up dude and just do the "common sense" thing. Just sit down (maybe on your hands next time) and fucking WAIT, like oh idk people who aren't autistic as fuck!
>>
>>31329203
I HAD TO DO IT OFFICER! I DIDN'T NO IF IT WAS LOADED OR NOT AND I WASN'T GOING TO TAKE A CHANCE.

id rather not give twitchy strangers a reason self defense the fuck out of me, but yu du yu an imma du me
>>
>>31329170
>>31329151
>living next to an actual range with target stand holes every 10 yds and concrete tables not poverty walmart tables

feelsgoodman

random video from it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weoN-xaPBSo
>>
>>31329218

>babbys first literacy test

trying to figure out how you deciphered my comment to get "if you point a gun at me"

yeah i would expect someone to shoot me if i pointed a gun at them, which is why i dont do that

its ok, reading is tough
>>
>>31328726
this, would not go shooting with OP

No, you didn't technically do anything wrong and of course there's no legal rammifications unless you threatened him but a cold range is a cold fuckin range and the dude downrange has no idea what the fuck you're up to

man up and accept that when the range is cold you put your gun on the table and leave it there until everyone at the range is behind the firing line and you all decide the range is hot again. Would it have killed you to wait 5 minutes for him to get behind the line to mess with your silly fuckin red-dot? Because from his point of view you might have killed him.
>>
>>31328872
So nobody should conceal carry because they have a loaded gun and could shoot someone?

You safety Nazis are so fucking thick.
>>
>>31329253
>mis-spells the word "literacy"
>doesn't capitalize "i" four separate times
>still refuses to admit he was in the wrong
>>
>>31329270

Nobody said anything even remotely like that you retarded fuck.
>>
File: literacy.png (30KB, 829x404px) Image search: [Google]
literacy.png
30KB, 829x404px
>>31329271

can you inform me on how to spell it?
>>
>>31328722
Troll/10.jpg
>>
>>31328906
And, to be clear, the game warden didn't agree with OP, he just advised the caller that, unless OP was threatening, there was nothing he nor the cops could/would do
>>
>>31328722
The game warden didn't take your side, he just didn't want to deal with it.
>>
>OP tries to get /k/ to agree that he did no wrong
>/k/ points out that OP was in the wrong
>OP starts spilling so much spaghetti that he could open an Italian restaurant
>>
>>31328874
That looks like a dick.
>>
>OP has repeatedly stated that it's perfectly acceptable for him to kill anyone he wants at the range because, quote, "People trust me not to kill them"
>>
>>31329297

Damn OP, you're thick as pig shit.

You'll fall for literally anything, won't you? Let's give this a try:

WARNING, THE FOLLOWING LINE IS BAIT, I AM JUST BAITING YOU TO MAKE YOU ANGRY:

OP, you're a stupid doodoo head who can't into gun safety

PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THE PREVIOUS LINE WAS BAIT. DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS!

But you're going to respond to it, aren't you? You've responded to every other bit of bait on this thread. There's no reason you won't reply to this one too. Even the fact that I have repeatedly told you that I am just trolling you cannot stop your autism. You're compelled to reply.

So, go ahead. Reply.
>>
>>31328549
Your gun should be dissasembled while the range is cold this is safety 101. as soon as the range isn't hot you are supposed to put the gun into ATLEAST 3 seperate parts. Fuckin idiots I swear
>>
>>31328710
This.

Hate to tell you OP, but yeah, don't handle your gun while someone's downrange. It isn't too much to ask. I know there are people who just like to bark about someone else's perceived lack of safety, and none of us like to think we would be irresponsible.
Frankly, being called out on a safety violation, even a "common courtesy" vs. "rules" one is tough. I'd probably be a little butthurt and want to explain myself too, but get over it. A range isn't the place for pride. Other people are shooting there too, it isn't your backyard, and they have no idea what steps you take to ensure safety other than what you show them.
Just because the game warden "backed you up" on it doesn't mean that your actions or your response were in keeping with good shooting practices. I hate the self-appointed range officers too. Just don't give them anything to bitch about.
I've shot since I was 10 years old. I've fired many thousands of rounds at a range and in my backyard. I'm experienced with guns and do my best to be safe and follow the rules. Still, I have had TWO ND's. That's two too many, and I tried to really learn from both of them. Either could have been fatal to myself or someone else; luckily, following OTHER rules that someone might have called stupid provided a second layer of safety for my foul-up. I don't get a pass because I have a 99.9998% safety rate with rounds fired safely vs. ND's.
Swallow your pride, apologize, learn something, and move on.
It only takes one ND to ruin your day. You might be an experienced and safe driver, too, but if someone called you out on speeding or texting while driving, aren't they still right?
>>
>>31329335

shut the fuck up already, i did literally nothing wrong
>>
>>31329335

obv some are bait but the bait is yummy so i take it. but i think you are underestimating how stupid some people are. they actually believe that im in the wrong and they believe other peoples bait so they actually become safety nazis. obv 75% of the "safety nazi's" here are just trolling
>>
>>31329357
>HE
>ACTUALLY
>FUCKING
>REPLIED
>>
>>31328790
Unfortunately, sounds like he's more likely to off someone else first because he's stuck on being "right" instead of being safe.
>>
>>31329367
>THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
>>31328549
>>31328578
He was in the right senpai desu. Maybe he shouldn't have been such tattle-tale faggot, but it's just common courtesy not to fuck around with your weapons when someone is downrange. He doesn't know whether it's loaded, or where the muzzle is pointed, or if you are retarded or not. Next time you go to an indoor range look at all the bullet holes all over the damn place. They are from people like you, who handle a deadly weapon with a cavalier attitude.
>>
File: lolop.png (135KB, 1527x827px)
lolop.png
135KB, 1527x827px
OP confirmed murderer
>>
>>31328549

OP most of these are bait, safety nazi's are a minority here. Their just messing with you, of course you are in the right as long as your barrel was pointed in a safe direction.

If you want to be able to tell which comments are most likely bait and which isn't, you can tell by how much they type and how they type it. A lot of these short comments are people just trying to get a reaction.
>>
>>31328903
following da rules stops you from doing a lot of unsafe things.

if you followed rule number 1 then you would of kept it pointed down range and not pointed at the "woods". Knowing that there's a guy down range, you don't want to handle your firearm while he's there. But you can't quickly pick up your gun and point it away from him to fiddle with it because that would break #1. so what do you do.

you wait. you wait till the dude waddles back and then fiddle with your optic while keeping it pointed down range.

some game wardens could care less unless someone is dead.
>>
>>31329370
>That post
>Actually by OP

I hope that bait tasted good, faggot
>>
How do you guys restrain yourselves from shooting everyone when you walk into a gun store and see people handling firearms?
>m-m-muh self defense, I didn't know if it was loaded!
>>
OP cmon now we all know you were sweepin that barrel left and right across his path. he wouldnt of flipped out if you were aiming it in a safe direction.
>>
>>31329417
>How do you guys restrain yourselves from shooting everyone when you walk into a gun store and see people handling firearms?

Well the difference between a gunstore and a gun range is that people aren't constantly shooting guns at a gunstore.
>>
>>31329437

but no one was shooting when this happened, the range was cold
>>
>>31328906
>the man that OP was pointing his gun
And who would that be exactly? The skin walker chilling in the woods?
>>
>>31329417

hmmm, let's see here

gun range:
>tens of thousands of rounds fired for hours and hours every single day of the week for years on end

gun store:
>guns are never fired within the store

I don't know, these two places seem pretty much identical. I certainly can't imagine in what way they could be different situations.
>>
>>31329417
i-im only partially weapons trained.
>>
>>31329446
>but no one was shooting when this happened, the range was cold

Exactly.

Hence why OP shouldn't have been touching his fucking $80 wal-mart special.
>>
>>31329473

paranoid much?
>>
>>31329417
>How do you guys restrain yourselves from shooting everyone when you walk into a gun store and see people handling firearms?

Well typically, those people aren't pointing them in my face while screaming retarded shit.

But you better believe that if you did that, I'd gun you down.
>>
>>31329488

Given that you've just spent five hours repeatedly stating that you feel justified in murdering whoever you want, for any reason, yeah, I feel a little paranoid.

This is why rules exist, to contain people like you. People like me, who already behave correctly, don't have to think much about these things because we're not 1 range trip away from ending up on the news.
>>
>>31328906
>2) It is physically impossible to rotate a gun 90 degrees and pull a trigger unless your victim telepathically wills it to happen
most americans literally believe this though
>>
>>31329488
What you call paranoia, the rest of us know as "I don't fucking know you and, no, I don't trust you"
>>
File: IMG_9426.jpg (59KB, 500x356px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9426.jpg
59KB, 500x356px
>>31328549
Ok /k/ story time
>be me
>have day off
>drop my kids off at school
>wellwhatnow.jpeg
>decide to go to the range
>durr season soon, I'll sight in my new rifle
>in my "DAD" shirt and a pair of shorts b/c comfy as fuck
>be only one at range
>set up and start shooting
>little while later some kid comes in
>looks a little sketchy
>wearing a milsurp jacket with some strange patch
>think it had a K on it
>decide to be nice and say "hello"
>kid glances at me then down at his feet
>are his jeans bloused over his boots?
>kid just gives a nod and a grumble
>he sets up at other side of the range
>he seems a little weird but I don't think anything of it
>I need to go set up some more targets
>"hey, I'm headed down range to set up more targets. You good with that?"
>the kid mumbles something
>"I can't hear you, mind speaking up?"
>"that's fine!"
>his voice cracks
>sounds like a prepubescent teen and a dolphin fucking
>set up targets
>collect old ones
>start walking back
>kid is swinging his gun back and forth across the range
>WTF.gif
>he's making machine gun noises?
>"hey kid! That's not safe you know? I'd appreciate it if you didn't do that!"
>kid snaps back
>"DONT EVER TELL ME HOW TO HANDLE MY FIREARM"
>"kid there are rules against that"
>getting a little nervous
>kid seems like he might kill someone
>kid stands up and starts coming at me
>"SHOW ME WHERE THAT RULE IS WRITTEN..."
>kid is getting closer and I'm getting a little angry
>kid still yelling shoves me
>NOPE.
>right hook to the head and he drops
>grab my shit and leave
>fuck that shit, not worth getting shot over
>before I leave hear him whisper something
>sounds like "I'm telling k about this"
>mfw
>>
>>31329446
>the range was cold
exactly, which is why anon should have gone somewhere else to do shit to his gun instead of making the range appear potentially hot when someone was downrange
>>
>>31329519
this is what really happened. if op's gun was pointed in a safe direction like off the side to the woods, there would of never been an issue. he was definitley sweepin. we all know you can handle your gun when someones down range as long as you dont point it down range
>>
>>31329519
>>are his jeans bloused over his boots?
LOST (some of) MY SHIT
>>
>>31329584
>we all know you can handle your gun when someones down range as long as you dont point it down range

Nice try, OP.
>>
he probably had bad eye sight so he couldnt see where you were pointing it. cause really no one gives a shit at the ranges i go to if i do this.
>>
>>31329600
OP was probably either sweeping, or holding the gun like he was ready to shoot (like aiming down whatever 1850$ sight he was "adjusting")
>>
>>31329598
Really you never pointed your unloaded gun in the woods? hmph, must just be me and OP

Thing is, I don't believe he didn't sweep the guy. It doesn't add up. Even if you don't agree with the premise of pointing it towards the woods, it's still not extreme enough to warrant all of that unless like the other anon said he had bad eyesight
>>
>>31328549
>gun range
*sigh*
>>
>>31328549
>Fiddling with guns when someone.is downrange
>not realizing you are the problem

Kill yourself retarded nigger.
>>
>>31328662
>white tshirt
>camo pants
>white

You look like half of school shooters
>>
Heres a story from sunday
>haven't touched my guns in 3 years because work and personal life
>decide to finally try hitting the range and see how rusty I've gotten
>show up at a popular public range, it's medium busy. 7-8 people there
>the firing line has rests to shoot on, then wooden picnic tables about 15ft behind the firing line to do stuff on
>sit down at a picnic table, unzip beautiful sks from gun case
>range is hot so I already have ear pro on
>have barrel of sks resting on toe of shoe, pop mag open to show its not loaded and start inspecting it
>action cycles rough as fuck, not at all like I remember
>it has a moderate amount of surface rust on the bolt, very slowly move the bolt back and forth trying to gauge if I need to use an abrasive paste on it or just a dab of grease
>apparently range went cold while I was doing this and I was too zoned out to notice
>some dude from 2 lanes over walks over and shouts "EXCUSE ME THE RANGE IS COLD"
>have ear pro on, pretend not to hear him and continue my investigation
>he walks over and grabs my sks and tears it away from me
>[TRIGGERED]
>come up from my seat and nail him with an uppercut
>he goes down
>his friends he was shooting with run over and aim their guns at me while screaming commands I actually couldn't understand because of the ear pro and they were all screaming at once
>ROs take notice and draw their guns at other guys and start all screaming at once
>other people at range are hitting the floor and covering their head
>oh fuck what have I done?
>Bend over
>pick up sks slowly
>without standing back up fully I walk backwards to the picnic bench and plop my ass down
>continue fucking with the action and decide to let the situation resolve itself
>eventually dudes put their guns down, ROs swoop in absolutely pissed at everyone
>dude I hit is getting up and wanted to fight me by death glares by angry ROs made him shut up
>make us all walk to the parking lot to discuss what happened
>>
>whole platoon zeroing their guns
>some of these people are stupid. Just ridiculously dumb. Window-licker, knuckle-dragging levels of dumb, yet we stil shoot without accidents.
>go look at our groupings, freely come back and fiddle with the optics while others are still checking bullet holes
>guns still pointed downrange
>do this multiple times every year, for the past 50 years
>no accidents yet

you all need to chill the fuck out. Yes, it's common courtesy not to touch your gun when there is someone downrange, but it's also pretty fucking touchy to sperg out because a guy was giving a couple of clicks to a red dot while pointed 90° from your position.
OP was kinda douchey, the guy sperged out. Both were faggots.
>>
At 100 yards, he might not have noticed where your gun is pointing, just that you were fucking with it. Maybe he could have more calmly talked to you, because you didn't end up shooting him, but still

How do you know how good his eyesight is? You don't. Stop being a child.
>>
>>31329089
Bruh. This "reasonable case" has been posted 50 fucking times already.
Its common courtesy to not touch your fucking gun when someone is downrange.
Granted, the dude sperged out too, but you're being just as big of an autistic sperglord by pretending you were in the right.

You weren't. Grow up, act like an adult an admit you did something wrong.

I would say shoot yourself, but you're more than likely a noguns, lying, sperg.

So I guess go shove your head in your mom's oven.

>tl/dr: you have been proven wrong multiple times and should consider drinking bleach
>>
File: IMG_7355.gif (2MB, 245x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7355.gif
2MB, 245x360px
>>31329648
>defending OP
>being a heterosexual male
Pick one

>pic related, it's you
>>
>>31329706
not defending him, everyone involved was a faggot as I said.
I might be a faggot too, for all I know. I sure as hell ain't afraid of a dick :^)
>>
>>31329644
>they tell their side
>RO asks for my version
>tell him I just arrived and hadn't actually started shooting yet, I just took the gun from the case and was doing basic maintenance
>guy walked over and suddenly yanked my gun away. I thought he was stealing it so I hit him
>RO says show me how you were doing maintenance
>we walk back to picnic benches, I demonstrate
>RO turns to other guys and asks what's the problem?
>DUDE HE'S TOUCHING THE GUN WHILE THE RANGE IS COLD IT'S NOT SAFE
>RO fires back WHEN DID IT BECOME YOUR DUTY TO ENFORCE THE RANGE SAFETY RULES? WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL A RANGE OFFICER?
>...
>YOU DO KNOW YOU'RE ALLOWED TO PERFORM MAINTENANCE AT THE TABLES AS LONG AS YOU DO SO SAFELY?
>...
>RO tells them to get the fuck off his range before he changes his mind and calls the police on them for brandishing their weapons at someone
>he warns me to take ear pro off during cold range so I can hear instructions and avoid these situations such
>with an implied warning that they would kick my ass if I ignored an order from an RO
>spend the next 3 hours plinking away

Wew lad I'm still not sure if I want to go back
>>
>>31329644

please tell me this isnt real
>>
>>31328588
I dont think you should scream like an asshole and throw a fit at someone for doing something potentially unsafe. Politely telling them that it makes you nervous when people handle guns and youre in front of the firing line usually works fine. That said, i wouldnt trust op, who is clearly an autist, to fuck with his guns while i was downrange either.
>>
>>31329500
Seriously this. I used to work with mental health and know lots of good providers for op if he is in the VT NY region
>>
>>31328877
This
>>
>>31328906
>lets observe the facts
>from a complete one sided story
>>
>>31329644
>>31329729
>I get into fistfights with armed people instead of just being polite

americans
>>
>>31329014
>guns only fire when people intend to fire
>>
>>31329833
P much senpai
>>
File: 1472630559390.jpg (387KB, 798x1000px)
1472630559390.jpg
387KB, 798x1000px
Hey guys, I have a range story too!

>I went to the range
>I was polite and followed all rules and instructions, even the ones I felt were silly or superfluous
>Nobody died, got hurt, or even came close to it at any time
>The other people at the range liked my easy-going and respectful attitude and made pleasant small talk during the periods of cold range
>The only thing any RO said to me the entire time was "You have a nice day, now! Come back again soon!"

What do you guys think? Did I totally fuck this shit up?
>>
>>31329014
>instead of just being polite and safe and doing his maintenance elsewhere, people setting up targets on a gun range should be prepared for the inevitability of getting into a fucking firefight with people at the range booths
>>
>>31329867
No unreasonable ass holes or feral soccer moms? Fake as fuck you piece of shit
>>
around here you aren't allowed to touch your gun during the breaks for target setup

you're supposed to leave your guns on the bench unloaded, mags out, slide open so the stewards can see there isn't shit in the chamber

there's a line between you and the bench you aren't allowed to cross unless you're either going downrange to do target shit or coming back from doing target shit. no touchy gun while you're headed either way; just straight out from the safe area and straight back to the safe area til they signal the end of the break

management takes it all very seriously
>>
>>31329903
its almost like they dont want people getting shot
>>
>>31329909

Weird, right?

>>31329903

That's how they do it at my range too.

The RO's even walk down the line and check every single firearm before letting you walk down to the targets. Usually about 75% of the people there have some combination of mistakes (like a loaded gun, or chamber not locked back, etc)

I always get a little thrill out of having the RO walk over to my section of the bench, glance down at my firearms, and walking past without saying anything...

But at the same time it sort of blows my mind that anyone ever manages to screw this stuff up. You literally have to do 2 things that take half a second. It should be easy for anyone, and yet we have people like OP.
>>
>>31329729
>>31329644
Honestly how thick is your ear pro?
When my dad was teaching me to shoot his .357 (we both had earpro on) he was just talking calmly
>>
>>31329909

ikr
>>
>>31329903

the public range i go to has the shooting area cordoned off, and during cease fire everyone has to leave the area and move back to the picnic area a few feet away
>>
>>31329952
I double up plugs w/ muffs
>>
File: range_fag.png (83KB, 1527x827px) Image search: [Google]
range_fag.png
83KB, 1527x827px
what really happened at the range that day OP?
>>
>>31329978
>plugs AND muffs

Unless you're shooting .50 this is a serious pussy move.

Or maybe you're just a responsible person who wants to keep their hearing intact. Either/or.
>>
File: 1472707171668.jpg (37KB, 320x400px)
1472707171668.jpg
37KB, 320x400px
>>31329996
>his walking path
>him

This is like Benghazi all over again.
>>
>>31329644
Jesus christ, americans are retarded beyond belief.
>>
>>31329239
The safest thing would be to not have a gun at all...
>>
>>31330028
No gunz detected
GTFO
>>
>>31330001
plugs are enough to work in fucking engine spaces, let alone go shooting outdoors
>>
File: 1471208456863.jpg (442KB, 2867x2064px)
1471208456863.jpg
442KB, 2867x2064px
>>31329519
good story famalam
thank you
>>
>>31328549
I got yelled at by an old dude for playing with my upper while the range was cold. You want to know what I did, I apologize for playing with my gun while the range was cold and wait until the range was hot to make any adjustments I need to make.

P.s. upper was off of the lower
>>
I don't know how you have never been yelled at before for touching a gun while someone is down range. This is pretty common and getting yelled on is the standard procedure to make people remember to not do it again.

I mean, we all get fucking pissed when people sweep us.

Sure, I don't scream at people I actually know when they do shit like this, but I still tell them to put the fucking gun down, even if they claim they've checked it and it has a chamber flag and "It's ok bro". It's courtesy to those down range who can't see what's going on.
>>
>>31330103

1) No, they're really not.

2) Engines are not guns. The sound impulse is completely different.

3) You're a total pussy. Not for wearing muffs and plugs, but for having a meltdown like this.

Don't get so upset about stuff on the internet, ESPECIALLY when the person you're crying about was making a lighthearted joke that wasn't even at your expense.
>>
>>31328549
I have a hunch that OP lives in Kentucky, posts on arfcom, and is a PROfessional at WoW...
>>
>>31328588
>clip.
>clip.
>clip.
>>
>>31329089
Let's imagine you and I are on the range OP. You with me? I'll take the place of the the one other shooter.

>We're putting holes in our targets, and I call a cold range to go check mine.
>So we place guns down on the bench, unloaded, ect..
>I'm 100 yards down, checking my target out.
>Very disappointed to see I missed entirely with 200 rounds.
>Turn back to walk back to the line.
>I see you, OP, fucking with your gun a bit.
>Can't see what you're doing, this makes me very uncomfortable.
>Could be loading it, could be sticking your dick in the ejection port.
>The important thing to note here, and this is the main point. So pay attention.
>Ready? Here it comes:
>I would have no idea what your doing, or what your intentions are with those actions.
>It was an action of trust to call a cold range, and for me/him to walk down range. Your actions appeared to the other party to be breaching this trust.

Can you see a possible reason here why the other range goer got on your shit about this? Maybe the guy is an asshole I dunno, but accept the fact you set his behavior off.
>>
>>31329584
>if op's gun was pointed in a safe direction like off the side to the woods
that's not a safe direction. You don't know what in the woods and you're assuming the best case scenario of hitting a tree if you happen to nd.

safest direction is pointed down range at the berm with no one near their firearms while people are down range during cold.
>>
>>31328722
I'm with you OP, I can see where the guy was coming from but I think you showed necessesary precaution by clearing the weapon and pointing away from the range. It's not your responsibility to make him feel safe.
>>
>Take newly purchased AK-47 to range.
>Sign up, show RO what I am shooting, pay him.
>RO comments he hasn't seen one of these in a long time.
>Find a lane that's open.
>Stand behind the line until the range goes cold and set my bag on the bench and set my target.
>Range goes hot and I set up.
>Steel starts flying as I am falling in love with this gun.
>Keeping polite and only shooting one round every second, but still.
>Feel a really heavy tap on shoulder.
>A very angry looking man is screaming at me.
>"You can't have assault weapons here, the police are on the way!"
>RO on duty is trying to tell the dude to shut up, but no avail.
>Police arrive, guns drawn, tactically unfuck myself.
>Once they realize what is going on, they fine the fudd for wasting their time.
>He had told them there was a mass shooting.
>>
>>31330282
we don't want op either, and if he did this at the range I go to he would get the shit out of him
>>
>>31328578
That's a rule at every outdoor range I have been to. It just makes sense, do you want some retard ND'ing into you while you're checking your targets? It's just a common courtesy to not fuck with your guns while people are downrange.
>>
>>31329050
you're a fucktard, plain and simple
>>
>>31329130
can and will
>>
>>31328588
>DON'T EVER TOUCH YOUR GUN OR YOUR GUNS SON AGAIN.
>>
>>31329218
>>>31329203
>If you point a gun at me, I'm putting seven rounds into your chest.

Dude are you like a 55 year old fudd or something? 7 rounds is an odd number... Could you be.... A 45 stoppin powah 1911 fudd? Consider abridging your life please.
>>
>>31328549
ITT: anon asks a question, everyone tells him he's wrong, he decides he's right and vows to continue being a sperg (which incidentally would get you tackled and or tazed at any range I have used) because he's fucking retarded.
>>
>>31329382

Where are the falcon feeding stations, showers, and crab leg vendors? No penis inspection?

OP is the reason most ranges around my area has a no singles policy.
>>
>>31330834
If you point a gun at me, I'm putting 16 rounds in your chest and 8 in your head
It's the ol Mozambique magdump
>>
>>31330834

1911s hold 8/9 rounds, anon.
>>
>>31331057
Some of the off brand mags have champion fucking springs, it actually gets tough to pack those last few in... so I guess a pussy wouldn't try and would only have 7
And since the theory is that they carry a 1911, the shoe fits
>>
>>31331117

I mean, that seems like a really specific conclusion to jump to, just because he mentioned seven rounds, but whatever.
You understand the facts in play, and what you make of them is your business.
>>
>>31329729

Electronic ear pro is your friend. Works great for most shooting, lets you have normal conversations with people while still cutting out any noise that can damage your hearing. $15 at harbor freight.

http://www.harborfreight.com/noise-canceling-electronic-ear-muffs-92851.html

$25 gets you a champion branded pair off amazon if for some reason you don't like the el-cheapo HF ones. Buy once, cry once.

No real personal stories I can share, I try to stay away from the fudd's and dudds. My only real range issues are with the weird range vulture re loader dudes who craft BS stories about how they can reload .22.

> 22 primers are good for multiple hits as long as you turn da shell

whatever you say bubba.

I shoot mostly steel case these days, all my guns eat the stuff just fine as long as you keep 'em clean.
>>
Op why not just turn around and do whatever the fuck with the gun then he wouldn't have freaked out
>>
>>31329833
Don't touch our fucking guns then.
>>
>>31330023
Well, Mr. Wherever-The-Fuck-You-Are, I doubt you have the firearms freedoms we do because you've allowed your government to completely dictate your own right to self defense, so you come to /k/ to live vicariously through Americans who can actually play with firearms when we want.

Yeah, when you drive cars, some folks will get angry about bad driving, and some of them yell a little and move on, no harm, almost no one will run into each other with their 2-ton missiles on purpose. A tiny asshole few will take it up a notch and get into fisticuffs.
Let's be honest, you're the asshole kid who has no car and wants to lecture other people on road rage, right? And you're a nogunz who comes here to masturbate over other peoples' gun stories, and act superior. You're just another a fucking jealous Brit who will claim to be Canadian because you're embarrassed to admit that you're completely neutered.
>>
>>31330197
Damn decent of you, dude. And that's the way my mama taught me to act when I was using a gun, too.
>>
File: barbaric.jpg (13KB, 225x225px)
barbaric.jpg
13KB, 225x225px
>>31329003
>>
>>31328766
Why don't you make him faggot. Oh, that's right. Anonymous image board. Keep raging, your impotence is god damn hilarious.
>>
>>31331469
>play with the firearms we want

hahahahahahaha enjoy your nfa, you stupid fucking cuck
>>
>>31331627
>Implying you aren't samefagging
>Implying anyone here agrees with you
>>
File: 1473795033062.jpg (217KB, 1280x727px)
1473795033062.jpg
217KB, 1280x727px
>>31331248
Seriously, same as OP, that was a twat thing to do. Even worse reaction by bystanders though holy shit leveling on an unarmed guy is a felony.
>>
>>31331645
Unless you're in Somalia, it's not any better where you are, cuck.
>>
File: are_you_kidding.gif (3MB, 473x252px) Image search: [Google]
are_you_kidding.gif
3MB, 473x252px
>>31329644
>he walks over and grabs my sks and tears it away from me
dude what in the world
>>
>>31329644
>>have ear pro on, pretend not to hear him and continue my investigation

Congratulations on being an asshole.
>>
>>31329644
Shitty bait by antis to make us look like retards and ranges as dangerous places. Fuck off.
>>
This thread has been nothing but you niggers screaming, "Wah I'm irrationaly afraid and paranoid don't do that" you fuckers might as well throw your guns away and scream "THINK OF THE CHILDREN". Unless someone is actually creating a dangerous situation it's completly anal to follow these so called "unwritten rules" obstinately. If they are following the written rules of the range it is YOUR responsibility to think of your own safety and leave if you feel necessary.
>>
>>31331469
Haha wow dude chill out
>>
>>31328549
Did he dead?
>>
File: 1473810705280.gif (777KB, 400x225px)
1473810705280.gif
777KB, 400x225px
This thread has all been very strange and hilarious at the same time

We have a, I'm pretty convinced at this point, legitimately, no-memeing, actually autistic OP who is a major dickhole that replies angirly to everyone in the thread, which is kind of funny in and of itself. Then there's the child like quality of his posts, such as the
>can and will
post, that proves he's a bit behind developmentally, even if he is telling the truth and he is 24, but you wouldn't lie, would you OP?

Oh, and then there's the blatant samefagging. I for one would like OP to cap this entire thread just because I'm curious how many of the posts "supporting" him are his. Go on, I'm sure you have no reason not to.

But ah, there's also OPs story itself, highly likely to be largely fiction anyway, but also reinforcing the assumption that OP is a bit fucked in the head.

But maybe I'm also autistic for typing all this out and waisting minutes of my life on you, but at least my autism won't get anybody killed :,)

All in all, 10/10, I've had a blast, and I eagerly await the (you)s
>>
>>31328670
Call me crazy, but like, maybe they're both at fault here?
>>
>>31332615
>can and will
>child like quality
Very nice, just force your concept of maturity on others very "mature". After all nothing spells maturity like submissiveness in the face of contrary opinion.
>cap entire thread
To what end? In case you missed high school computer class they have these wonderful things called proxies. Also not OP ;)
>>
>>31328549
Nope, you're in the wrong. You don't handle guns at all while people are downrange.
>>
>>31328549
hey faggot youre a moron. when the range is cold you dont even touch the gun period.
>>
>>31329644
>shit that never happened.
>>
File: 1466748233390.gif (1MB, 435x331px) Image search: [Google]
1466748233390.gif
1MB, 435x331px
>>31328994
Stories like this remind me of something my grandfather told me

"Boy, if you dont look both ways before crossing a one way street you have entirely too much faith in humanity".
>>
>>31334636
In what world do you live in that being inane and petty to the point of spitefully doing something unsafe just because a bunch of random people on the internet yelled at you is not considered childish?
>>
>>31328662

Only trash and spergs wear white t-shirts in public and only trash and spergs would wear camo pants without a nice earth-tone shirt, possibly long-sleeved and rolled.
>>
>>31328722

Your spelling often sucks, your punctuation and capitalization are terrible, and you're a piece of shit retard.

McFucking-kill-yourself.
>>
>be innArange shooting my mosin.
>some liberal bitch runs up screaming about how were all evil n shit
>tackle her
>the police come and arrest her
>mfw the police chief tells me i did good holding her down
>asks me be a hand to hand cobat instructor for the PD
>mfw
>>
File: 1471203557577.jpg (108KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1471203557577.jpg
108KB, 1600x1200px
this thread is full of autism
>>
>Still fairly new to guns
>Friend (Also newguns) manages to make contact with this farmer who lets people shoot on his land every now and then
>Fucking nowhere to shoot where I live
>We get out there, set our rifles down on this huge log that has been cut in half lengthwise to make a neat bench. (Pointed downrange)
>Me and friend have an SKS each (Both new to us), farmer has an old sporterised enfield
>Farmer tells us we can set up our targets anywhere out ahead (Huge, steep hill as backstop)
>Me and friend go out to around 30 meters or so to set up first target, (You'll hardly ever shoot farther than that hunting in the bush here)
>So we're duct taping this board to some small posts we put into the ground, and I look back, and see that the farmer has his rifle in his hands (not pointed at us or down range or anything).
>Suddenly realize this farmer guy I'd never met before could just load a round or two and start shooting at us if he wanted to, and we're in the open, no cover for like 200m asides from the log back with him.
>Feel uncomfortable, farmer is still fucking with his rifle.
>Finish putting up target, walk back to the bench.
>Don't say anything about it.
>Farmer is a cool guy, tells us stories of when he worked as a game warden.

Don't fuck with your guns when someone else is downrange man..
>>
>>31328549
Don't touch your rifle on a cold range you fuckwicket
>>
>>31329867
Refreshing tale friend.
>>
>>31331760
>you can't aim guns at unarmed people
Yeah stay in California m8
Thread posts: 267
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.