[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In a nuclear attack on America, how safe would the east coast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (36KB, 400x221px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 400x221px
In a nuclear attack on America, how safe would the east coast be from potential enemies?
>>
>>31322584

That depends. How close is the nearest military base to where you live?
>>
>>31322584
Well, the east coast has a lot of the economical and political influence of the country (but that's not spread down the whole coast)

You'd also want to look at common wind currents (although, those may be temporarily disrupted to LOLGIANTFUCKINGBOMB) to see if you're downwind from any major cities/priority targets (ex. Dams and shit)

TL;DR your question is vague and retarded and you are likely a living depiction of your question
>>
>>31322584
After a full scale nuclear war, including Russia, the U.S would probably be completely vulnerable to outside invaders(think China) for at least several weeks following the attack.

Settlements near the coasts or borders would be the first to be attacked in an invasion.

In short, you'd be fucked.
>>
>>31323125

China has no long-range force projection whatsoever.

They could not invade even a severely weakened US.
>>
>>31323155
Whatever. If not China, I'm sure there's a fuckload of other countries willing to gang up and invade a severely weakened US.
>>
File: 1473516368695.jpg (169KB, 598x700px) Image search: [Google]
1473516368695.jpg
169KB, 598x700px
>>31323201

Like who? Even if the mainland is nuked, the Navy will still be (mostly) intact. Nobody is invading shit.
>>
>>31323219
Invasion through Mexico or Canada?
>>
>>31323201
If the US can't adequately subdue a mostly disarmed population in a small country (take your pick at this point) I doubt that any other country could hold the fuckhuge well armed US.
>>
NCA command posts are found all along the eastern seaboard as well as nuclear capable bases. Also, obviously, lucrative economic targets for nuclear terrorism or nuclear armed states that can't mount a full scale counter force attack
>>
depending on what you mean by a nuclear attack.

a) are you talking about a nuclear attack by another country with nuclear capability? i.e., russia or china (not include many others), if so, then rest assure that the doctrine of MAD applies. I'm certainly that when nuclear missiles fly by each other saying hello, no country in the world would left alone.

b) are you talking about a single adversary on the line of terrorism? if so, then it is only localized damage, U.S. probably wont launch all out attack to a different country, as the adversary was not identified. Furthermore, it makes no sense to have a terrorism attack using nuclear weapons, when many others are simply more cost effective.

when you mention potential enemies, what do you mean by that? is it a foreign country? if so, countries like mexico and canada is the cloest one to U.S., in terms of capability, canada is pretty much buddies with U.S., so that leaves mexico, if U.S. wanted, it can probably invade mexico in the span of a week.
>>
File: PIC_0050.jpg (381KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
PIC_0050.jpg
381KB, 1200x1600px
>>31322584
It'd be pretty fucked to be honest. The east coast has a large amount of ports, military bases, major cities close together, power generation, airports, etc. The west coast would also be pretty fucked except for the low population parts of northern CA, Oregon, and Washington.

If you want to be safe move to say in the nuclear holocaust and 1-3 years afterwords try... Middle America? Its well armed, not a lot of "Mega Cities", relatively unified population with steady food supply and decent oil/gas reserves.
Also nobody would ever nuke Nevada as it is already wasteland so you'd be pretty safe there.

>I'll see you fuckers in New Reno
>>
>>31323308
How do you think they get there genius? If anyone wants to invade any of the americas they still have to still cross the fucking ocean. Not a single one of the US' "enemies" have the means to move a large enough force for an invasion across either ocean, especially without someone noticing.
>>
>>31323155
China has the largest auxiliary fleet, several amphibious warships with more being built every year, thousands of civilian cargo ships available, a strategic lifter in production and has just bought the blueprints to the AN-225.

This China has no force projection is going to become irrelevant quite soon.
>>
>>31323489
>nobody would ever nuke Nevada
>Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
>>
>>31323550
would you like the .50 yuan deposited to your account loyal citizen or would you prefer a discount on ramen noodles and human placenta for the next 6 months?
>>
Oppenheimer Oppenheimer Oppenheimer

Everyone else can shut up, now. Fucking armchair generals.
>>
File: 1473807047371.jpg (105KB, 445x466px) Image search: [Google]
1473807047371.jpg
105KB, 445x466px
entirely, ada dumb ass. fucking kids.
>>
>>31323452
> I'm certainly that when nuclear missiles fly by each other saying hello, no country in the world would left alone.
This makes no sense. There is no reason escalate an exchange if you don't have to. Especially no reason to involve other states.
The rest of your post is relatively sound though.
>>
>>31323521
ok, so nobody's invading the U.S. mainland

but country is going to collapse somehow. It's inevitable. How do you think it will happen?
>>
>>31323201
After a nuclear war the US will still have tactical nuclear weapons and reserve strategic weapons. Anyone who tried will experience canned sunshine.
>>
>>31323946
"canned sunshine" - KEK I love that new term.
Besides, even if China used all their cargo and container ships in a surprise landing force, tactical nukes in a deployment center and landing areas would stop them for a resupply.
>>
>>31323550
>China is irrelevant

ftfy
>>
Is a nuclear wasteland an actual possibility?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.