[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How I do load wooden stakes as bullets? I need something for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

File: Stake_season_1.png (3MB, 1680x1260px) Image search: [Google]
Stake_season_1.png
3MB, 1680x1260px
How I do load wooden stakes as bullets? I need something for defense against vampires.
>>
>>31321549
I read that at the beginning of DDay, some American soldiers were hit by wooden bullets because the Germans were so flustered trying to get to their defenses they took every bit of ammo they had.

Didn't kill but they made large, ragged wounds that hurt like a bitch.
>>
>>31321702
Did the Germans use wooden bullets in place of lead as training ammunition back then? I know they used blue plastic bullets in blue plastic cartridges during the Cold War for training (not sure if that's still happening today).
>>
>>31321549
NEW YORK STRONG!
>>
>>31321741
Not sure about the Germans but I believe the Swedes did. Samco had Swedish 6.5x55 training ammo from that era in stock forever.
IIRC they were hollow and intended disintegrated before exiting the muzzle, acting largely as blanks, the 'bullet' only being present for the sake of correct feeding.
Naturally when this training ammunition was discovered by line units it was undoubtedly a dastardly attempt to cheat the x-ray machine and create festering wounds. It may have occurred as noted previously in the thread that any and all ammunition was grabbed by panicking troops, it's entirely possible some of it was fired against allied soldiers but it wouldn't have been consistently effective against personnel.
>>
>>31321702
I imagine if you used a mega hard dense wood like rosebud that it would kill the shit out of someone.
>>
>>31321549
Here's how: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKMKtpaq1gE
>>
There was a 37/40mm riot round that fired a wooden dowel. But they stopped producing it because it wasn't less-lethal enough.
>>
>>31321702
my first inclination was to call BS but its decently explained here
>Leo Gillis brought some of the purple-tipped 7.92 rounds back to the UK with him at the end of
the Normandy campaign. He tested them by firing them from less than 10 feet away at a paper
target attached to a tree. Not a single sliver even made a mark on the paper. The amount of
powder in those rounds had to be sufficient (considerable) to cycle the MGs on full-auto fire
and the powder charge disintegrated the hollow wooden tips, at the moment of firing, as the
designers intended. In the odd case where a projectile failed to disintegrate, an injury could occur
to anyone standing in close proximity. No German in his right mind would use those rounds in combat,
in a situation where his life depended on it. But many Germans in Normandy were staging anti-Airborne Invasion
maneuvers when D-day came and some of them might well have been equipped with belts of platzpatronen
ammunition, instead of the real thing. This explains why many rounds of it were found in German positions
when they were taken. I have also speculated here in the past, that some German MG crews might have fired
belts of this stuff to make noise, which was better than doing nothing if real ammo was scarce or non-
existant on 6 June, 1944 in certain German gun positions.
I have seen dozens of these rounds in the effects of 101st vets who brought a few back and they have all been purple.
>>
>>31323945
The French also used a green-tipped version in their Lebel rifles, so it was a European thing, not unique to Germany. I have disassembled both the German and French versions and both types were hollow inside and would almost certainly
disintegrate upon firing.
We do have testimony from vets who were shot with wooden projectiles and my theory on that, is that some enemy soldiers substituted solid wood tips for the hollow ones, which conceivably made it possible to launch those tips as
projectiles, because they would not vaporize at the moment of firing.
The first Easy Co. 506th vet I ever interviewed circa 1972 or 73, was Walter Wentzel, who was also a past president of the Detroit area 'Nuts Club'. Wally was ambushed and brought down by bullets on D-day, not far from where he landed and in a situation where he was alone. Like others, the Germans who shot him did not finish him nor did they rescue him and render first aid. Instead, they used him for bait the rest of that day, shooting at any American troops who attempted to rescue him. (sounds like an al Quaeda tactic doesn't it?).
At any rate, Wally told me that even decades after D-day, fragments of wood were working their way out of his leg
wounds and he was convinced that they were fragments of wooden bullets. If that was so, he must have been hit
by solid wood projectiles, which could be easily substituted for the hollow ones. I was given a whole box of live
purple-tipped wooden Mauser rounds by a collector in the Falaise area in 1994 and will post a picture of those rounds,
if I can locate that box. The hollow purple rounds, which were standard and ubiquitous with German defenders in Normandy are so lightweight and fragile, they feel like they are made of balsa wood and it is logical that they were
designed to disintegrate when hit by a powder charge strong enough to cycle a machine-gun.
>>
>>31322718
Nice "The Strain" reference. Kind of thought a length of oak in a shotgun shell would make a nice anti-vampire round, making a wooden slug.
>>
>>31323954
Some of the wood tip blanks were simply solid wood. They were designed to be used with a BFA that contained a small blade or restricted hole to shatter the wod as it left the muzzle.
>>
>>31321549
You having problems with those vipers?
>>
>>31323945
>>31323954
>decently explained here
Where? Give us linkage or sauce or both FFS.
>>
File: fdtdstake[1].jpg (32KB, 1064x583px) Image search: [Google]
fdtdstake[1].jpg
32KB, 1064x583px
>>31324085
>>
File: bullets-a-01.jpg (150KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
bullets-a-01.jpg
150KB, 1600x1067px
load it into a 12ga

>>31322863
ah yeah wood bullets
>>
Maybe I've got the wrong monster here, but wouldn't you want silver?
>>
>>31321549
U.S. Marines fighting the Japanese whilst island hopping in WWII reported the use of wooden bullets in rifles and machine guns.
The tactic was to wound soldiers and tie down forces, since it usually took two men to carry off a wounded soldier.
So the Arisaka rifles can shoot wooden bullets for range that's for sure.
How about reload some .50 BMG rounds in a shotgun. Low powder load, put the wood sabot flush in there. ?
>>
>>31324365
werewolves are silver
vampires are wooden steaks through the heart
>>
>>31321549

I dunno about wooden stakes as bullets, but might be you could get a local priest to bless your actual bullets with holy water. The effect might not be as extreme as if the bullets were actually soaked, but it could create wounds incapable of regeneration, or create a sickening effect on the vampire from lingering holy particles.

What kind of vampires do you have in your area? We talking 30 Days of Night or Twilight?
>>
>>31321549
video related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKXOuitcSjc
>>
>>31324697
Like Dracula and shieet
>>
>>31324751

Alright, well make sure you keep that necklace of garlic on. I'd also suggest a doggy sidekick, the better to sense when a vampire is near. You know them, sneaky motherfuckers.

If you're actively hunting them, you should enlist some local girls to help. Tie them up to a stake and set them somewhere in the woods; vampires can't resist the necks of beautiful women. Hide some ways away with your rifle. When the vampire arrives, hit him in the head with a Blessed Bullet. The round won't kill him, but he'll be disoriented enough that you can easily run up and finish him conventionally.
>>
>>31324456
and 5.56 is designed to wound.
>>
File: Arbalest.jpg (183KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Arbalest.jpg
183KB, 800x600px
>>31321549
You would probably have better luck with a crossbow.
>>
>>31324694
Silver works against vampires too. At least, it did originally.
>>
>>31324340
This. 12ga is the universal anything-goes round. You could load a couple rounds of garlic shot mixed with holy water to immobilize followed by stake shots to finish.
>>
>>31326173
>At least, it did originally.
It didn't.
The only old folklore on the matter, that I know of, is some east euro thing about keeping a blood soaked silver coin as a charm against vampires.
Silver as a weapon doesn't seem to go back farther then the 70's.
>>
>>31321702
>>31321741
>>31323945
Did you guys forget about the 'Allo 'Allo episode where René gets executed, but they replace the rounds of the execution squad with rounds with wooden bullets? No bullet hit him and he comes back as his twin brother Ronny.
>>
12ga makes the most sense
What about the golf ball launchers?
Attach to end of raifu barrel, load stake, fire with blank
>>
>>31321549
>defence against vampires...

Maybe just stop being a virgin?
>>
>>31326341

vampire detected
>>
>This whole thread, and no one's posted broofs

VampiresBTFO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKXOuitcSjc
>>
>>31326258
Underrated post
>>
>>31321549
Buy muzzle loader. pack down wooden stake instead of musket ball. Snipe vampire from massive range of twenty feet away.
>>
>>31321549
Just tightly wedge a piece of wood at the end of your barrel and seal it with caulk. When you go to fire the gun the wood will shoot out first into the vampire making a hole in its skin then the main bullet will go into this hole and kill the vampire.

Trust me, I know what i'm talking about i've trip'd on /x/ for years.
>>
>>31321549
Shotgun.
>>
>>31326743
Pressure curve?
>>
>>31321549
you want your centre of mass ahead of your centre of pressure
its part of what fletching is about
aside from acting as a fin or helix
>>
>>31324694
What kind of steaks are you buying?
>>
>>31326258
Or carve wooden stakes to fit on a yugo sks grenade spigot
>>
>>31326132
wouldnt the stake just fire so hard it would pass through an unarmored person
>>
>>31326999
Depending on various sources, Vampires are really squishy.

Why don't you just use the /k/ approved napalm rounds?
>>
>>31326864
Derp, yeah I messed up
>>
>>31321549
Make the tip heavy with iron or something and find a way to rifle a shotgun and launch a stake with a blank shell.
>>
>>31321741
I think it's for rifle mounted grenades
>>
This damn thread.

Using a wooden or silver stake will just make them laugh.

You have to cut their heads off.
>>
shotgun loaded with silver pellets and garlic
>>
File: 84778_ts.jpg (187KB, 1155x1155px) Image search: [Google]
84778_ts.jpg
187KB, 1155x1155px
>>31321549
I have a few cases of these just in case.
>>
>>31324340
What's the blue one?
>>
>>31328320
Plastic training round.
From what I've read it's accurate out to like 25-50 yeard
>>
>>31328275
don't do this
they grow new head and body and you make 2 vampires instead
>>
>>31326132
seriously there is no reason why a bow or crossbow wouldn't work. It's a shaft of wood stuck in there why would a metal tip helping it get into position make it not work?

also why wood bullets, silver is suppose to work on vampires and other monsters like werewolfs
>>
>>31328275
But then they will cut off your head and take over your body!
>>
>>31321549
https://www.yourprops.com/Self-Built-Carbon-Bullets-replica-movie-prop-Ultraviolet-TV-1998-YP13848.html
>>
>>31321549
Take a 12gauge shell, one with a very light load and empty out the birdshot or whatever was in it before and stuff a correctly sized stake in there. Presumably you'll need either a side by side or over under for this.
>>
>>31321549
dude vampires are weak against silver and holy stuff. Just cast some silver bullets and then have them blessed.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.