[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

target rifles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

File: SL-M61-0001a.jpg (34KB, 800x189px) Image search: [Google]
SL-M61-0001a.jpg
34KB, 800x189px
I'm looking at picking up a rifle in .22LR for paper shooting, perhaps in time being competitive at a club level. I'm in Ontario and recently saw one of these Schultz and Larsen M61 rifles for sale at a local gun show. They wanted 800 CAD, which seemed a little steep.

Anyone have recommendations for a decent target rifle around 600 CAD? Used is fine if they can be found in decent shape. I'm no crackshot but I'd like to feel confident the rifle is better then me. Plus I love the look of Olympic style rifles.

Thanks guys.
>>
I'm going to bump with a couple rifle pictures
>>
File: 009791_D7.jpg (16KB, 650x178px) Image search: [Google]
009791_D7.jpg
16KB, 650x178px
>>
I don't know your market but I wouldn't buy a 22 unless it was new or I could shoot test groups. To much can go wrong with a target 22. Your best bet is to go to a range that has an amateur club and ask around to find out how to get involved. Eventually a club member will take pity on you and find an old guy willing to sell off his rifle.

This is literally how all of these competition groups run. New guy shows up, when he/she has passed scrutiny by applying themselves to the practice then club members find them deals on the right kit. Folks who show up cold with gear either spent too much or bought the wrong rifle or both.
>>
>>31321879
Alright, that sounds normal, but I'm kinda gunless at the moment waiting on the firearms license to come in. Should I just pick up a cheapo new .22 and toss some aperture sights on board?
>>
>>31321508
You can ask Kirsten Joy Weiss on Instagram and she'll very likely get back to you. And it will a better advice.
>>
>>31321989
Don't buy anything. Show up with interest and they will tell you what to buy.
>>
>>31322375 (cont)
What I mean is this. I shoot on a state team, coach another team and am a member of four rifle clubs that are competition focused. I'm not bragging, I'm just giving you background.

What happens is this:
Guy shows up to a practice for his first time, he has brought what he got "good advice" to buy. What he bought is usually good, but always the wrong rifle for what he ends up wanting to do. Now he has to figure out how to sell it so he can afford the right rifle.

You don't know what you want to do yet, you know you have an interest so take that interest to the local club, and see both what interests you and what you can shoot a lot of locally. I was interested in bullseye pistol but I moved to a state where almost no one shoots it so I don't shoot it. It's more fun to do something you don't like as much as your dream hobby but with a pile of supportive people helping you out.

So just go and figure out what is available and what you like the most. Then you can buy the right rifle first time out.

It takes a pile of money and time to test .22 lots for accuracy in a rifle. Don't blow that money on a "starter rifle" only to have to do it all over again when you decide to get serious.
>>
File: Picture of me 6 (2).png (183KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Picture of me 6 (2).png
183KB, 480x480px
>>31321551
I have the older version of that, it's a nice shooter.
>>
>>31321551
That exact rifle you just posted can be had for like $450 US. Cm-2 from izhmash. Usually listed under VOSTOK. They're pretty nice. Only thing that sucks is they don't have a magazine. Usually not an issue if you've got a table with the ammo next to you.
>>
File: cm2 15 yards part 1.png (1MB, 1498x691px) Image search: [Google]
cm2 15 yards part 1.png
1MB, 1498x691px
>>31324334
Groups with said rifle
(1/2)
>>
File: cm2 15 yards part 2.png (732KB, 1497x692px) Image search: [Google]
cm2 15 yards part 2.png
732KB, 1497x692px
>>31324334
(2/2)
>>
RUGER 10/22
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.