[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (33KB, 640x249px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 640x249px
20yo college student here and there's a gun show coming up this weekend. I can spend about $1000 without my bank account hurting too bad. What should I try to snag up?

I have quite a few funs already and all the bases covered, so it could be anything really, stupid range toy or otherwise.

Any thoughts?
Keeping in mind that although they legally can sell me a handgun, only some sellers will.

>inb4 $1000 worth of beef jerky
>inb4 pic related
>>
>>31317011
I go to guns shows not to buy but to look. If I see a good deal I buy, but I expect nothing. The internet has made gun shows all but obsolete in my city and only fudds go there now.

Having said that you should go, have fun, and see what you can find for a good price, at the very least you can finger fuck a lot of guns and then buy it online and have r shipped to your ffl.
>>
>>31317035
Solid advice, anon.
>>
>>31317011
There is only two reasons to go to gun shows nowadays.

First is as >>31317035 said. Finger fuck and figure out if you really want something. My advice is if you see something you like, walk away from the table and check the price on you phone. If it is much cheaper online (make sure to include shipping and transfer costs in you calculation) don't buy it at the show. If it is comparable buy it if you like it.

Second is if you collect. You may find better deals on Gunbroker or another auction sight but there is no substitute for physically examining a gun before you buy it (you may find something that could be hidden in pictures).
>>
Big bore revolver.

Nothing funner than owning the "l betcha wont pussy" gun within your circle of friends then getting to watch their excitement over shooting it.
>>
>>31317011
you cant inb4 your own post.
That being said get an ak or ar. Who cares about pistols.
>>
>>31317011
AZ?
>>
>>31317617
You most certainly can. I just did.

Also, I already have 2 AKs and I'm currently working on a retro M231 AR pistol build.
(Being only 20, a stripped lower is pretty hard to get)
>>
>>31317617
Id buy stripped lowers and mags if the price is right($55-$10/$20).
Also how is it that you can spend $1000 on guns as a college student?
Mommy and daddy paying for everything or are you just asking for the interest on your loans to fuck you in the ass?
>>
>>31317650
WI
>>
>>31317682
Nah anon.
Dad's dead.
I'm Native American, my tribe pays for school and I manage finances well. Except for with guns of course.
>>
If you don't own a gun made before 1900 (or a repro thereof), you're pretty much a noguns.
>>
>>31317675
Oh. Well i dont know then. get something you like. If you want a pistol or rifle we cant tell you what you'll like. Go finger fuck shit.
>>
>>31317675
>(Being only 20, a stripped lower is pretty hard to get)
i know that feel bro, im trying to find someone willing to sell a complete lower to finish a .458 socom build, but im 20 so no luck.
>>
>>31319128
Similiar situation, I don't want to overpay for a lower and there completes with MOE furniture for like $140 and uppers for a few hundred more.

I have a sneaking suspicion that most firearms law is just trying to make you pay to the point that it's inconvenient to own certain firearms
>>
>>31319168
The impetus for the National Firearms Act of 1934 was the gangland crime of the Prohibition era, such as the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre of 1929, and the attempted assassination of President Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1933.[1][2]:824[3][4] Like the current National Firearms Act (NFA), the 1934 Act required NFA firearms to be registered and taxed. The $200 tax was quite prohibitive at the time (equivalent to $3,538 in 2015). With a few exceptions, the tax amount is unchanged.

TLDR the tax stamp was a way to keep silencers from the poor.
>>
File: poorfag defense.jpg (4MB, 3900x5008px) Image search: [Google]
poorfag defense.jpg
4MB, 3900x5008px
>>31317011
sup fellow collegefag

follow this but add a few things

>Argentinian Mauser
>Ishapore 2A/2A1
>Lionheart LH9 (watch for cyber monday sale)
>Aero Precision AR
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.