[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First gun.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
Look what you /k/ tards make me do. I bought my first firearm, a barely used M9 for 600 bucks. Before you diagnose me retarded, ill say I live in VA, so open carry is legal, and im willing to conceal carry a full sized gun at the sacrafise of not being able to bend down to pick up dropped pens. Also I chose the M9 because ive always had a crush on this gun. Its beautiful and aint terrible for a 9mm But guys first firearm feels amazing. First it gives me erections, and owning a firearm give an awe inspiring sobriety and discipline over myself and everything around me. (Im taking owning it seriously/ researching laws and studying how it works before buying ammo. Any tips or comments? Pic related
>>
>>31312821
Pretty noice
But now that you've got a duty sized, double stack, steel frame gun
I'd recommend your next purchase by a subcompact polymer single stack
>>
>>31312821
>Any tips or comments?

Learn how to shoot double action. Do not be one of those guys that never decocks the gun or practices because of its preconcieved difficulty.

This three part video is a great explanation. Ernest Langdon also competes heavily with the M9.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsoX26OhDCY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZplH6zreQI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nod5qLlSGUM

LuckyGunner's youtube page has plenty of good videos on the Beretta M9 series too with some more tips. Get the basic fundamentals down, learn to shoot DA/SA well and you're going to be a very good shooter compared to someone who starts out with a striker fired gun like a Glock or M&P.

Have fun!
>>
>>31312821
You're not retarded for buying an M9, you're retarded for buying a gun used at the price it regularly goes for new.
>>
>>31312861
>Steel frame
>steel
>steeeeeel

WTF
>>
>>31312821
>Any tips or comments?

If it came with the factory manual, read it. You can also download a pdf from beretta too, they give some good pointers on what and what not for your weapon.
>>
Fuck the gun, what is your pc setup my dude?
>>
>>31312821
9mm is cheap to shoot (19ยข per round?) so you did very good my brother
>>
>>31313161
4.7ghz amd processor, nividia 970 vgraphics card, amd stock water cooling, asus mothorboard (i forget which one) and 32 gh of kingston 2400 ram
>>
>>31313138
Thank you, ive been looking at pdfs online for lack of manual
>>
"D spring mod" anonbro.
You're welcome.
>>
>>31312905
Thank you. Very helpfull
>>
>>31312821
DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON SHITTY HOLSTERS

Spend real money for a real holster. If you don't have to wait a month for someone to build it for you, it's a shitty holster. Check out Milt Sparks, and either get one from him or some other custom maker of comparable quality. If you ever stop using the holster you can sell it on ebay for more than you paid for it, so there's no excuse.

Also get a custom gunbelt, preferably horsehide, from one of many makers out there.

Big heavy guns can carry just fine, but only with good leather. Kydex holsters and nylon belts work for small or light guns, but without support the M9 will quickly turn into an uncomfortable, sagging, miserable fucking anchor.
>>
>>31313361

Follow the advice in >>31312905 videos. They made me shoot double action substantially better, especially his tip to not stage the trigger but rather focusing on making one smooth pull.
>>
>>31313310
I get 15cpr brass
>>
>>31313626
> If you don't have to wait a month for someone to build it for you, it's a shitty holster.

That's the stupidest advice I've ever heard.
>>
my advice is get as much metal parts for it as you can, wilson combat makes good aftermarket stuff
>>
>>31314439
reloads?
>>
>>31313626
>Milt Sparks
Overpriced, overbuilt, overhyped, overmemed.

Protip: Heavy guns carry fine with a heavy belt. As long as it keeps the gun canted and in place the holster is near inconsequential.
>>
>>31312821
Look what they make you give.
>>
>>31313330
Wew lad
>>
File: IMAG0519.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0519.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
>>31312861
999.9999999999999999999999999999% sure the frame is aluminum.

That is all.
>>
>>31315943
The frame is most def aluminum, it'd be heavy AF if it were steel. Same with all Sigs, unless they end in "ST" (e.g. P229ST)

I even took a loaded, 8rd gov't 1911 all steel and weighed it against a loaded, 18rd (MecGar) 92FS and the Beretta was lighter.
>>
>>31315943
Oops looks like someone shut off the dehumidifier again.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.