[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

U.S.S. Batfish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Alright cucklords, I went on a road trip to Muskogee, Oklahoma to check out this WWII sub. Here are the pictures.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Not sure what this is
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
I honestly couldn't tell if this was fake or not
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>
>>31312496
how do they keep hobos out of it?
>>
>>31312512
Oerlikon 20mm.
>>
>>31312633

holy fuck timmy taco is that you? damn boy you got big.
>>
>>31312496

Do they have handlers that follow you around and make sure nobody dicks with anything or gets lost/trapped, or do they just turn you loose to explore? How much of the sub is available to see? Surely some of it must be off limits for reasons I'm not sure of

When I was a kid I saw the USS Lexington in Corpus Christi, that was pretty cool. My grandpa was in the navy during WWII, I don't remember but I'm sure it was his idea, since I went with my grandparents. I don't recall if there were people around to keep you in certain areas, we were more concerned about stories we'd heard about ghosts of dead seamen who supposedly redirect lost people back to the main areas. We rented library books right before the trip and read all about the Lexington and other ships on the drive down to keep us entertained (this was in the mid 90s, the internet was barely a thing, much less smart phones). I was a pretty /k/ kid but I'm sure I didn't appreciate it 10% as much as I would now 15 years later, the only problem is there's no way in hell I'm driving my ass from Dallas back there to see it. I remember there were lots of roped off areas. Now as an adult, my first priority would be banging my girlfriend in an off limits area. I'm sure someone has done it on one of the many decommissioned naval vessels now serving as museums. Then after I busted my nut I'd spend all day checking out all the cool stuff.

I should find the closest decommissioned ship to Dallas
>>
>>31312548
Really.
You couldn't tell.
That is fake bro
>>
>>31312496
No more pics? What happened
>>
>>31313353
dfw fag here.

lexington isnt that far from us. take a weekend off or something and go visit corpus with the gf, you can do other neat shit in town. also, its semi-ropped off. there are areas blocked off in the deeper parts that have been sealed since the ship was planted there and made a museum, and a small section of offices and few rooms of bunks for boyscouts to sleep at. but the majority is open for you to explore as you wish. and unless you take a guided tour, there are no handlers. Its pretty much unchanged since the 90's, I went there super young back then too.
>t. former boyscout who spent a few days on the ship in 2011 & 2012

The museum area is spooky as fuck at night, and you hear lots of weird noises at night in the deeper/less active parts. While myself and two others were exploring at 2AM-ish one kid wandered off a little and heard some people talking, he assumed it was me an the other guy and called out (specifically I heard him yell "what are you queers saying about me") only to find it was an empty room with a chained and painted shut door inside. We were in the other direction planning how to move a mannequin to scare him and never heard any voices.
>>
>>31313353
>>31314777

T 170
Same here.
I did it a couple times. Must have been around 2006 or 2007 and again in 2009.

It's pretty cool, they feed you in the mess hall, you sleep in a cramped 3 tier bunk, explore the depths of the ship with a friend throughout the day, and after the museum closes, they let you into certain areas that normally aren't open.

At night they take everyone to the room at the front of the ship that's got all the chains and shit for the anchors, and tell ww2 ghost stories. Every now and then you hear a bang on the hull and a scream throughout the dark ship. As we were walking back after hearing the stories, they had guys dressed in white sailor uniforms, appearing out of no where on a overhead catwalk, then disappearing just as quickly. Made you think if you really saw him, or if it was your imagination.

I really wish I could do it again, I would definitely appreciate it a lot more now than I did back then.
>>
>>31314875
T 44
they had a guy drop some loud shit off in the background when we did the ghost story part. it would have been spoops, except his cellphone went off.
>>
>>31312694
Not many hobos in bumfuck nowhere
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.