[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun in glovebox?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: BlackBookLuger.jpg (38KB, 600x253px) Image search: [Google]
BlackBookLuger.jpg
38KB, 600x253px
So I mostly just lurk on here because most of my money goes into my car (I spend most of my time on /o/) but I have a decent working knowledge about guns and have been shooting them since I was 6. I recently turned 19 and I am planning on getting a pistol to keep in my glovebox because I live in the glorious state of Texas where my car is my property so I can carry whatever the fuck I feel like in it. My budget is $600-700 and I can carry pretty much any handgun in my glovebox. I am really thinking about getting a Walther PPK/S because of it's accuracy, looks, and ability to CC when I turn 21. Any thoughts or suggestions?
>>
Waiting till your 21 so you don't get in trouble is the best advice
>>
>>31311045
>a Walther PPK/S because of it's accuracy

Huh. It's a small .380 pistol. If you want to talk about "accuracy", a longslide or fullsize handgun with a longer barrel and sight radius along with a caliber like 9mm will serve you better. .380 is also not a good bullet to shoot through autoglass with.

Don't keep it in a glovebox for Gods sake. Get a small lockbox and tie it to the bottom of your seat with a cable. If some piece of shit wants to break into your car to find something of value, they will look at the center console and glovebox first. Then, that piece of shit will be a piece of shit with a stolen firearm.

You can find one of those lockboxes on Amazon for $30. Won't prevent someone from stealing your car or breaking in but they will have to put some extra effort in if they want to really get whatever's inside. You can also use this when you turn 21 and need to go into a NPE since Texas does have retarded laws on where you can and cannot carry in, if you care.
>>
>>31311045
I bought a polish p64(ppk clone), for that exact purpose. Reason why i got a p64 instead of a ppk is during the 2 month timeframe i was looking for a quality ppk for the price the market was empty. I was willing to go up to 1100$ for a very good quality one, but there was nothing except good and below for 800$. I ended up paying 190$ for an excellent almost brand new p64 that had the import stamp on the underside of the pistol. Luckily i already had various 9mm mak ammo my friend gave me when he accudently ordered mak instead if luger.
>>
Make sure you lock it up in a small single handgun safe and bolt the safe to the car please.
>>
>>31311138
I don't really want a long barreled gun because I plan on CCing it, and stopping power wise I could get away .380 because it holds 8 rounds and most car muggings never involve more then two or three people and I would only need to unload four rounds at someone before they all run off. also the glovebox has a lock on it that can only be unlocked with the car key.
>>
>>31311045
Keep it on you. Snatch and grabs (where they break your window and steal your shit) are very common and you don't want a firearm falling into some Timmy the tweaker or Carlos the cartel hitmans hands. You may even be held criminally liable for facilitation if it's used in a murder.
>>
>>31311086
This.
Ten, once you turn 22, either a Makarov or a CZ-82 will be your best bet (relatively small but it fits the hand like a full size, as well as having good capacity and better penetration than a .380 like >>31311138 said.)

Also, they're still gonna be cheaper than a PPK and almost anything else you could buy.

That or a P-83 Wanad ($219 on JGsales right now)
>>
File: 566.jpg (89KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
566.jpg
89KB, 500x333px
fellow Texfag here. I suggest getting one of pic related
>>
>>31311483
>I don't really want a long barreled gun because I plan on CCing it

You can always buy a second gun. And seeing as how you cannot carry yet and you can use a fullsize or compact in the meantime for home defense or in your vehicle, I would suggest getting that first then worrying about a cc gun when you turn 21. You still have two years, plenty of time to save up for a $300 firearm.

>and most car muggings never involve more then two or three people and I would only need to unload four rounds at someone before they all run off.

You shouldn't think like this. I really dislike the talk of "but most self defense situations only end up with 3 shots fired". If you're preparing for a defensive shooting, why gimp yourself on the effectiveness of your weapon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ_2Mb79T_U
>>
>>31311489

You will not be "held criminally liable for facilitation if it's used in a murder".

Youre a fucking Fudd.
>>
>>31311618
>>31311497
>>31311086
why would I need to be 21? I can legally own a handgun at 18
>>
>>31311497
*then, 21
>>
>>31311045
There's a reason a glove box is called a glock box in some parts of Michigan.
>>
>>31312079
Actually you can't purchase one from an FFL until 21.
That does technically leave private purchases but that's a pain in the ass, typically a lot more expensive, and altogether not worth the hassle.

Also, I can't remember and I'm busy so I can't really look it up, but I seem to recall Texas requiring you to be 21 for a CC permit.
>>
>>31312152
you can have a gun in your car at 18 in Texas, and i have a family member that is going to "pass down" the gun to me after a large "early birthday gift"
>>
>>31311045
I got a PPK/S as my first CC, it's fantastic. I don't carry it anymore, except for formal occasions, but you will never be sorry you own it. Unless you intend to be some indecisive poorfag who flips guns constantly.

I'm not going to say don't keep a gun in your car, but don't keep a gun that you will cry over if it gets jacked. A lockbox is unrealistic, anyone claiming to lock and unlock their gun every time they get in or out of the vehicle is a liar. Besides, thats when you are likely to use it.

If I were to pick a gun specifically for vehicle carry, it would be a steel full size double stack 9mm with decocker, such as M9 or CZ 75 BD. Loaded with FMJ, for penetrating vehicles. Hell, maybe even an SMG if I modify my center console.
>>
what part of "my glove box has a lock" do you guys not understand?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.