[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate My AR Build Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (798KB, 956x537px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
798KB, 956x537px
Rate my AR-15 build:
>18y/o
>first rifle
>budget (under $1000)
>0-300 yds

- PSA 16" MID-LENGTH 5.56 NATO 1:7 MELONITE 11" MOE FREEDOM RIFLE KIT - 7790417

- Anderson Lower (Stripped)

- Vortex PST 1-4x24 illuminated
>>
>>31229224
Do a spikes tactical kit instead
And iron sights can hit up to 300. Don't waste money on the optic. Train with irons first
>>
>>31229308
listen to this fag about the spikes, ignore the advice about skipping out on the optic. See shit better and being able to hit things easier isn't "wasting money".
>>
>>31229224
>FREEDOM
DON'T DO IT

As someone who loves PSA. "Freedom" means "cheapo", it's their level above PTAC. Get either "Premium" or "CHF" if you want their best stuff AS YOU SHOULD.
>>
>>31229224
that's not a "build" you colossal ignoramus

why are we rating your age
>>
>>31229722
Get chf or premium, keep the optic.
Get some back up irons and get at least decent at them but optics are just that much better and easier to shoot out of.

Looks pretty good though, if you don't have the money for the chf save a bit longer until you do.
>>
>>31229224
Learn with the irons then with optics.
>Why?
So you can shoot with or without optics.
>>
>>31229637
>>31229308
Not OP but I just went to Spike's web page and 2 things are apparent.

1) Their site is HORRIBLY designed
2) There do not seem to be any rifle kits
>>
>>31229224
>FREEDOM RIFLE KIT
you should save up like $100 more and get something that isnt garbage
>>
>>31229637
It is if you cheap out on a shit tier optics and mounts
>>
>>31229821
How shit do you really have to go with it. My friend had a $40 burris scope with UTG mounts and his AR stays zeroed.
>>
File: already out of date.jpg (1MB, 2889x2945px) Image search: [Google]
already out of date.jpg
1MB, 2889x2945px
psa is fine, but pony up for premium or classic.

optics are all user preference. i'm borrowing a buddy's aimpoint micro right now. I don't use magnified optics because I look at my rifle as a defensive carbine. It's really hard to justify self defense past 15 yards, and those distances rarely exist inside homes. Red dots are little weight and easier than irons. So I'd start on iron sights and see if you can borrow a scope for a bit, then a red dot for a bit to sort of decide which one you want.
>>
Make your first rifle as quality as can be with your budget. Skip the optics for now. You can always save up for quality later on. Put that money towards better base parts.
>>
>>31230122
fuckin this. I went 7 months with just irons on my rifle. I'd go back to it if I had too. But I'd never willingly go back to milspec triggers after getting a SSA-e.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.