[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Emergency preparedness food

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: 1472075655376.jpg (414KB, 640x833px) Image search: [Google]
1472075655376.jpg
414KB, 640x833px
From Mre's to Mountain house, we all need food when the grid goes dark.

Personally I need to up my numbers, I only have 1 week of 2400 calories for 2 people.

What are some long term food storage options you guys turn to? Calories and nutrients are important, so don't post unless they list them.
>>
File: imrs.php.png (671KB, 1484x797px) Image search: [Google]
imrs.php.png
671KB, 1484x797px
>>31227665
>Emergency
>>
>>31227665

Lots of peanut butter (check out the back. Lots of calories, fats, etc, etc)
Bulk rice and dried beans.
Water.
Jerky.
Shit ton of snacks, that slowly gets rotated out.
Those quick serve pasta pouches.

Pretty much enough stuff to last about a nine days at 2k calories a day, for three ppl.
>>
>>31227665

Anything that has any fats or oils in it WILL eventually go sour. Things like MREs are not actually meant to last FOREVER but rather last in shitty conditions for a few weeks.

Things like survival ration blocks like what Snake is holding are meant to last for years. However, they are almost totally carb based, they have almost no satiating ability. They are literal blocks of calories and would be HORRIBLE to survive on.

Canned foods have incredible staying power but not infinite. The absolute best policy would be to have a large pantry with a lot of packaged and canned foods. Mix these foods into a more normal diet of fresh foods to "rotate out" your stock, so the stuff that remains is fairly new and can last many months more. If you just go out and buy 10 months of canned food and stick it in your basement and don't touch it until Eternal President Clinton releases the mind control spores from the Chemtrails and activates the FEMABOTS with HAARP and activates her clone ATF army to come seize all the guns you might find that your 10 month supply of food is all rotten because you haven't rotated it out in ten years.

Have a large stockpile that is rotated, learn to hunt and clean game, large and small. Learn to grow a large garden and actually do it. Stockpile water filtration equipment and iodine tablets.
>>
>>31227754
>large garden

Concentrate on root vegetables and herbs. Root vegetables can be stored and or dehydrate easily, and herbs will make eating the same thing over and over more bearable
>>
>>31227754
I don't think Caloriemate is really meant to be an emergency type of food thing. I'm pretty sure it's a health food snack in Japan. The type of thing sold in convenience stores by the crackers. You probably mean these survival bars. These are only $5 at my walmart.
>>
File: foodbar.jpg (1MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
foodbar.jpg
1MB, 3120x4160px
>>31227987

Say no more senpai.
>>
If I wanted to store a lot of food for a long time I would vaccum pack rice, beans and lifeboat rations and then seal the bags in some insect/rat proof container. Store said containers in a dry cool place (your basement/rootceller).

More important than food is water, mainly because water is heavy and in high demand. Your water storage should be taken care of before your food.
>>
https://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=54601

Related
>>
File: bbq.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
bbq.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>tfw 15 minute drive to uncle's ranch
>he owns a shitload of cows and even his own water well

Self sufficient as fuck and brisket every night
>>
>>31228227
that shit looks disgusting and greasy

is this what americans call food?
>>
>>31227754
This is what I do. With a family of four we can rotate through canned goods regularly and we keep a larger pantry if the stuff we eat. Canned goods will last years past the use by date. Just had some canned chilli that was use by 2013 last week. Beans were not as firm as new but it was fine.

I also keep the calorie bars on the cars with some water.
Yes i do have some freeze dried stuff but not a lot. Mainly because its light and portable in case i gotta travel with it.

Also remember that pasta and non-brown rice kept air tight at reasonable temps will last years if not decades. (I've used both that ive had after ten years.) Pasta sauce is cheap like a dollar a can/jar and will last for a long tome also.

Add some bottled water for short term and some way to filter water for long term. Instant coolaid packs and tea and instant coffee and your pretty good to go.
>>
>>31228263
Son that is barbecue and it transcends food. Just step back before you embarrass yourself.
>>
>>31228263
moist =/= greasy

kys foreigner
>>
>>31228227
Inferior meat product
>>
>>31228327
this is why 2/3rds of you are fat and close to death lol

>>31228332
>I-I-Its not greasy guys I-Its moist! I s-swear don't make fun of me ;_;

>americans
>in charge of food
>>
>>31228304
Oh and garden if you can. Learning to be good at it is essential if you ever want to feed yourself long term. You would be surprised what you can grow even in five gallon buckets on you porch, balcony or rooftop.
>>
>>31228357
>Americans
>have enough food that we can eat whatever we want at any time

Pick both
>>
>>31228327
>>31228332
>>31228375
>responding to the fucking retarded bait
>>
>>31228357
Nope, those fat fucks are the ones swilling Mcfucking Donalds all the time. But go ahead keep embarrassing yourself talking out your vegan ass.
>>
You seem to not know anything about MREs friend. MREs will survive years in shitty conditions.
>>
File: 1469907219248.jpg (29KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1469907219248.jpg
29KB, 600x450px
>>31228263

>disgusting
>greasy

>I've never had bbq starter pack
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.