[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

self defense for summer camp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

The dialogue here on /k/ often drifts towards matters of security and self defense, and so it is here today. I have accepted a position as a camp counselor. This is a part time gig and only lasts a few weeks, but it gives me the opportunity to help with my community and hopefully change some lives.

Now to the point of this post - does anyone have experience with concealed carry as a camp counselor? There is nothing on the website, and it is not exactly something I can ask my superiors without drawing suspicion. The camp serves inner city youth and is located in a rough neighborhood. I would sleep better at night (literally) if I could carry a small handgun. Please share any experience or advice here.

Note: the gun is not for the children, who are mostly good kids that just have many disadvantages and lack of privelage. It is more for any acalliwags from the neighborhoods that break in to cause trouble.
>>
>>31227488
top row, 5th from the right looks like nancy from Stranger Things.
>>
>>31227503
6th if you count the bent over trailer trash.
>>
>>31227488
It's September. Did you sign up to work at summer camp next year?
>>
>>31227519
This is a weekend camp that lasts for the next couple of months. It is designed to give urban youth something to do on weekends other than gang banging and crime.
>>
File: whaaa.gif (2MB, 340x205px) Image search: [Google]
whaaa.gif
2MB, 340x205px
>>31227488
>american
>lack of privelage
get good, the only thing holding them down is themselves/family
>>
>>31227576
Sir I agree with you but with no role models in their lives they don't always realize that. Part of my job at the camp will be to open their eyes to their true potential.
>>
File: 1430523071011.jpg (42KB, 418x467px) Image search: [Google]
1430523071011.jpg
42KB, 418x467px
>>31227600
fair enough lad, good luck with your job.
>>
Ask your senior counselor or whoever what the game plan is if non-campers break in and start stirring shit up.

Don't mention guns outright, but ask him how you can protect yourself or your kids and what steps you should take, shit like that.
>>
>>31227640
I have a little inside information that last year, there were several break-ins and at least oen assault by a non-camper. There was also a minor incident of sexual assault against a camper. I need to be discreet and not mention self defense to the head counselor.
>>
Surely someone here has worked at a camp or even boy scouts? There seems to be an outdoorsy bunch of chaps on /k/ most days.
>>
What state?
>>
>>31227488
If you are this fucking scared of carrying, obviously it might be a problem if you get caught.

So carry, or don't, the choice is yours.

If you are really that scared, ask your superiors, if they say its illegal to be doing it, then you probably shouldn't. I carry where i want though, and ignore the bullshit.
>>
>>31231674
>>31227488

also, keep this in mind.

"Asking for forgiveness is better than asking for permission"
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.