[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would a sign like this in my yard/window be a good deterrent?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

Would a sign like this in my yard/window be a good deterrent? Or is it kind of like a challenge to potential robbers? Would it cause any legal issues if an incident were to occur?
>>
>sweet this cracka has some gats i can use or pawn, i wait til his ass ain't home and yank that sheet
>>
>>31227121
You may have a hard time arguing that you weren't luring someone in to your house if you end up shooting them.
>>
>>31227121
It tells everyone there are valuable guns in the house. It also makes sure that whoever robs you will make sure you're not home. It'll also make you a laughing stock after because of irony. I wouldn't do it op but that's my opinion
>>
I cringed
>>
Well, I believe it would only make robbers wait until you left your home to steal your guns or if they do decide to hit it when you are present but in the middle of the night, they might bring more friends or guns of their own.
Better to not try to flaunt anything and if your home ever gets robbed, they probably will only make out with the TV or whatever small things they can find in plain sight instead of going around looking for guns.
>>
>>31227186
Speaking of TV if there is a shooting at your house you don't want the local media to be showing that sign to the whole world when they do a spot in front of your house covering it.
>>
>>31227132
this
>>
>>31227121
Don't ever broadcast that you own guns, they'll hit your house when you're gone.
>>
>>31227121
>HEY EVERYBODY THERE ARE FREE GUNS LOCATED INSIDE THIS HOUSE
>>
multiple studies have shown that fake security signs actually increase your risk of being robbed, as any career thieves will know how to tell if its a real sign or if you just bought an ADT thing off ebay. And as to non-career thieves, like your average Jamal, it means that he'll be far more destructive while robbing you as he wants to get in and out quick. As opposed to taking his time and being calm about searching through your shit.
So really, even if you do have an alarm system, its best not to put a sign out.

As to the OP, it would be more effective to use a sign that says "free glawk fotays and expensive hunting gats inside". because thats all you're telling would-be criminals.
>>
a lot of people who break into houses scope you out for a bit and know when you're gone. you cant defend your shitty little crackerbox house or apartment forever. Somebody WILL get into your house if they want it bad enough, and they'll have your guns.
>>
File: 1428578997900669.jpg (27KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
1428578997900669.jpg
27KB, 550x535px
>>31227121
>tfw my dad did this

>try telling him it is dumb, tacky, etc.

>try telling him all it does is advertise to people to come and steal our shit when were not home

>"I want that sign there, cuz I want them to be warmed"

>he makes a silhouette target look like swiss cheese at 7 yards with no groupings in sight, tells me he was "practicing shooting different areas"

>I have to clean his guns because otherwise they will just sit on the kitchen table for two months before he takes them to the range again and complains about them jamming up

End my suffering /k/
>>
>>31229729
>>"I want that sign there, cuz I want them to be warmed"

tell him that revenge is a dish best served cold.
>>
File: 1452651450000.jpg (92KB, 768x783px) Image search: [Google]
1452651450000.jpg
92KB, 768x783px
>>31229769
>>
>>31229729
>End my suffering /k/
Why should I when Tyreese will do it for me?
>>
>>31227132
This basically. Your home is basically a high value target as soon as there are no cars in the driveway.
>>
>>31227121
>Would a sign like this in my yard/window be a good deterrent?

No. It's basically saying "Please steal my shit when I'm not home."

/k/ has witnessed this shit. The guy busted in, broke all the windows, stole all the funs and kicked OP's dog.

Now, if you never leave your house, it's an entirely different matter..
>>
>>31227121

ROB ME I HAVE GUNS IN MY HOUSE LOL
>>
>>31227121
>I HAVE GUNS YOU CAN STEAL
>JUST WAIT 'TILL I'M NOT HOME AND GET FREE GATS FOR ALL YOUR HOMIES!

IF you put one of these up, it had better be on a random, abandon home that you've nigger rigged with booby traps.
>>
>>31229769
fugg typo, meant to type *warned*

>>31229845
:(
>>
>>31229940

Just "steal" the sign and throw it away

Or stage a robbery, break in and "steal" your dads guns to teach him a lesson.
>>
File: gunfree.jpg (106KB, 604x313px) Image search: [Google]
gunfree.jpg
106KB, 604x313px
>>31227121
That sign is probably better than this sign.

But no sign would be better.
>>
I don't tell anyone but my girlfriend and a couple close friends that I even own guns. Whenever it's brought up, I change the subject.

I don't want anyone knowing what I'm defending myself with. There's no advantage to that. Also, if someone stole my AR I'd be utterly devastated.
>>
>>31227121
Why ruin the surprise?

You knows the anti-shadow signs? Against strangers, just put it there and let the little niglet choose a chance to get popped.

It would be better if all house were looking loaded. OH BOY 3AM
>>
File: barrett.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
barrett.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
>>31230024

>not having this sign and then camping out in your hallway with a Barrett .50
>>
File: WP_20160905_20_00_17_Pro[1].jpg (2MB, 3552x2000px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160905_20_00_17_Pro[1].jpg
2MB, 3552x2000px
>>31229952
He has cameras all over the place. Besides who would steal this trash?
>>
>>31230387

Well, that is pretty cringey anon. Is it a nice neighborhood?
>>
>>31230551
Sort of. The city I live in makes police officers live in the city and they all live around me. With that being said his truck got broken into last November.
>>
>>31229729
Rob your dads house to prove a point
>>
BEST DEFENSE = GATE, DOG[s], FENCE COMBO
>>
>>31230829
And that point is?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.