[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Colourblindness in combat roles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: fuck the colorblind.jpg (12KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
fuck the colorblind.jpg
12KB, 224x224px
I'm red-Green colourblind and i just found out that my type of colourblindness restricts me from combat roles in every western military, I've wanted to enlist to a combat role since i was young. I feel like shit and don't know what to do, Is there anything i can do?
>>
Lie.
>>
>>31223183
how?
>>
WHT DOES THE PICTURE SAY THEN op
>>
>>31223203
It says:
Fuck the color blind

I can read the pic because my colourblindness is extremely fucking mild and the only things i get mixed up are very specific types of green and red, but somehow that disqualifies me from being a riflemen.
>>
>>31223183
I don't think they just ask you, they use colored-dot tests like in OP's pic.
In any case, If you think you can pull it off, wearing one of those marked-card reading contacts in one eye should make you able to read the numbers. I know holding a piece of red cellophane over one eye certainly does.
>>
>>31223180
>Be genetically inferior
>Ask 4chan for help

Flatscan logic
>>
>>31223180
Color blind people were used as spotters to detect camouflaged concealment area
>>
>>31223291
Then why the fuck am i disqualified from combat roles?
>>
Is it possible to get a waiver by using enchroma?

http://enchroma.com/
>>
>>31223180
Talk to the us army they have a lot looser color vision restrictions, I'm relatively red green colorblind and served my enlistment as 11b infantry. That being said infantry sucks go Intel or commo or something.
>>
I can't see what the dot thing says. Failed it at MEPS. They then gave me test with only red and green lights and got all of them correct.
11B since 2011 and made SGT in 2014. OEF etc etc. You'll be alright.
>>
>>31223324
Haha fuck no
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (149KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
149KB, 1440x1080px
>>
>>31223330
That's reassuring, to bad I'm not american I'm only an Aus fag i hope maybe i could get a green card and go enlist state side
>>
>>31223336
Has anyone actually tried though? I imagine one could argue that it's a type of corrective lens.
>>
>>31223180
I can see the difference between the dots but I can't see the pattern. Am I autistic?
>>
>>31223367 #

Oh, I assumed you were American. At first the recruiter and MEPS people freaked out and said I had to pick non combat but I knew 11B just needed to distinguish between red and green. I've never had a problem with being colorblind, but it helps that all the cars in Afghanistan are white Toyota Corollas.
>>
>>31223297
because you wouldn't be able to tell red from green. Military uses red flags and green flags, for example.
Also, when you lie flat on your sac in the forest twilight, you will have difficulties spotting the enemy.

On thing at the least: In the military, you are a module or a node. A module or a node has to function properly. If it doesn't work, it will be exchanged. No superior wants a unit with a number of people that don't function properly.
>>
>>31223484

Being red-green colorblind doesn't mean you can't tell the difference between red and green Ranger Rick. It actually means the opposite so OP is fine as 11B.
>>
>>31223535
>Being red-green colorblind doesn't mean you can't tell the difference between red and green
It does.
>>
>>31223404
No, it means you're gay
>>
>>31223223
It really shouldn't. I'm colorblind as fuck, and infantry was one of my only options. But I'm a bitch, and I chose to walk the path of a 2600
>>
>>31223259
you need to go back
>>
>>31223180
I'm colorblind and I can read that.
>>
>>31224404
>HurtFeels.txt

You need thicker skin
>>
>>31223361
the first thing that came to my mind, too
>>
>>31223180
Lol kid. Haha. Fuck you.

Blame your whore mother. That's who passes the gene.
>>
>>31223223
Dude reading numbers or text from red and green dots has nothing to do with combat.
You probably have an extreme case of stupidity and they were polite enough to find a different reason to keep you from having a gun.
>>
>>31225374
The reticle Chevron we use in the acog is red. Plus identifying targets. Combat expert.

Source: former deployed infantry
>>
>>31223203
tfw I could barely make out fuck and everything else was just a random dots.
>>
>>31223180
>>31223180
Look up the test online. Look at all the slides carefully and look at the answer guide. Make a system where you memorize the answers. They aren't used in order so figure a way to remember which is which. Like if slide 2 is a big 27 but you can't see it, look for distinguished features that you can see. Maybe there will be a large cluster of brown dots in the lower left part of the slide or something. This is what I did to get a job on the Union Pacific
>>
>>31223377
They're not gonna take on the hassle of making sure your special type of glasses get all the way down the logistics chain
>>
>>31223180
Nope, same thing happened to me.
The best part is when you realize down the road that having color blindness is pretty much an handicap that equates being wheelchair bound on the job market. Can't be an electrician, plumber, truck/bus/train driver, can't work in any field that involves working with visuals or colors in any way. You'll find that your professional opportunities are severely restricted.
Hang in there, because I know I'm currently sinking to the bottom.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.