[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /k/'s opinion on Taurus?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: taurus_logo.jpg (48KB, 2400x625px) Image search: [Google]
taurus_logo.jpg
48KB, 2400x625px
There is a bill on our congress that will make guns easier to get here in monkeyland,and Taurus is one of the only manufacturers here,so it got my attention.

Are their guns any good?
>>
>>31221503
>>
>>31221503

No.

Next question?
>>
File: Taurus.png (450KB, 502x428px) Image search: [Google]
Taurus.png
450KB, 502x428px
>>31221503
No.
>>
>>31221529
>>31221530
>"What is /k/'s opinion on Taurus?"
>"No"

Wew lads could you explain?
>>
there berettas are okay IIRC because they don't use tauras parts.

there revolvers are also OKAY but unreliable.

Basically don't buy anything but revolvers from them. If you want an example of their quality go watch the RIO olympics.
>>
>>31221573
Noted.

They also own Rossi,they make lever-guns,any opinion on them?
>>
>>31221548
>Wew lads could you explain?

You won't get an explanation.

/k/ does not do well with conflicting knowledge

The skinny on Taurus: 5/10 guns that shoot with a 6.5/10 customer service that will fix any broken gun.

Used to have random Quality Control. They've gotten better as of now.

Don't buy new, check everything before you do buy.

The reason not to buy new is becasue of the price point

A Taurus 85(5 shot .38 special) is about 250 bucks, but a S&W J frame(Same type and caliber of gun) can be had, new, for about 300-350 bucks.

And that extra 100 is worth the jump to smith IF YOU HAVE IT.

So in short, Only buy taurus if you're broke, cheap, or both, and check the gun you buy.
>>
>>31221548
the best you can hope for is mediocre with a taurus
even the good taurus like the pt92s rank as ok i guess compared to other brands.
the rest is well its going to fail or malfunction inbut we dont know when.taurus gurs run the gauntlet from mediocre to shit. you resort to taurus cause you are poor. they have a decent if time consuming warranty but that doesnt help you if you gun breaks and it takes months to get it back.

the only redeeming reason to buy taurus is price
>>
>>31221530
>>31221548
>The context of this picture has been long since lost

I was in the thread when this was posted. Basically an anon had An OLD AS DIRT Taurus that he found/was given, and it wold have random hammer strikes. He sent it in to Taurus, Taurus couldn't fix it so they sold him a new gun at a DEEP discount.
>>
>>31221632
>So in short, Only buy taurus if you're broke, cheap, or both, and check the gun you buy.

We're fucked then,they're aren't many other options afaik.
>>
>>31221665
>We're fucked then,they're aren't many other options afaik

Location, price point, and use of weapon, please.
>>
>>31221665
>They're
There*

>>31221674
>Location

Hueland aka Huezil aka Monkeyland aka Favelia aka Brazil
>>
>>31221665
get a pt92 and aftermarket mecgar mags then
get it in 9mm
dont buy the version with adjustable sights cause those can fly off
>>
>>31221573
Their purchased some of Berettas old tooling, so some models are literally identical.
Taurus makes decent firearms NOW.
If you're thinking of anything other than current models, research it first- a lot of early stuff is garbage.
Everything from
>>31221530
To cracked slides.

I own a Taurus, along with many other manufacturers. I actually like my gen 3 millennium better than my s&w sd9ve.
>>
>>31221701
>Brazil

Taurus is better than nothing. Make sure they honor the Warranty.
>>
>>31221503
>can finally get a gun
>the only options are taurus, kimber, and jennings
>you poor kid
>>
>>31221733
Thanks for the tip.

Though I might settle for a Rossi lever action after this thread,I'll have to look what calibers I can actually buy as a civilian

>Just fuck my shit up
>>
>>31221770
>Though I might settle for a Rossi lever action after this thread,I'll have to look what calibers I can actually buy as a civilian

Taurus owns Rossi.
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 942x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 942x800px
>>31221665
Get a Bersa Thunder mane
>>
File: image.jpg (858KB, 1710x1192px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
858KB, 1710x1192px
>>31221793
wrong pic....
>>
>>31221783
I know.

Lever actions are the only guns we can buy other than revolvers/pistols afaik,and since anything Taurus makes is unreliable I'd rather have the lever action,at least I can have fun with it too.
>>
File: 1458001862259.png (253KB, 448x450px) Image search: [Google]
1458001862259.png
253KB, 448x450px
>>31221793
Ewwwwwwwwwwww...
>>
>>31221793
I'm gonna need sauce on that
>>
>>31221812
>and since anything Taurus makes is unreliable

That's not true anymore. They fixed their QC, but you still need to check.
>>
>>31221812
Rossi leverguns aren't unreliable.
>>
>>31221632
>They've gotten better as of now.
Poorfags say this every year, about every poorfag thing, ever. And it's never true.
>>
I have a taurus PT111 millennium G2, its a good gun, theyre well reviewed by people who ARENT me also. mine has had 2 failures in about 1500 rounds of ammunition and it feeds hollow points perfectly fine.

that being said thats literally one gun out of who knows how many they make that ive seen well reviewed. buyer beware
>>
>>31221856
>Poorfags say this every year, about every poorfag thing, ever. And it's never true.

I'm not a poor fag anymore.
>>
>>31221845
Better safe than sorry.

And playing cowboy while dropping favelaniggers is more fun no?

>>31221846
Good,I suppose Rossi kept their quality when they were bought by Taurus
>>
>>31221904
You talk like a poorfag and your shit's all retarded.
>>
>>31221911
The safeties suck ass, but if you get the one on the top of the gun pulled and plugged it's just like any other lever action.
>>
>>31221503

Their guns aren't great, but if you don't shoot a lot, they are acceptable. You really just need to understand that Americans have very high standards for quality and reliability, mostly because we've had access to high quality handguns that were 99.99% reliable for about 105 years now. When we buy a new centerfire pistol and it jams on FMJ ammo, even once every few boxes of ammo shot, that is not OK for us. One jam every 10,000 rounds is borderline acceptable, but one jam per 100 rounds is a sign that something is wrong with the gun.

And before you say that their revolvers must be fine, since revolvers "can't jam," that's a myth. Revolvers can and do jam, and if you want proof of this, just shoot a Taurus revolver sometime.

The good news is, if you don't know any better, and especially if you don't shoot very often, then you won't be bothered by it as much.
>>
File: img_1304.jpg (81KB, 819x511px) Image search: [Google]
img_1304.jpg
81KB, 819x511px
get one if you want to get shot in your stomach/leg/...

The only okay pistols are the p92 and p900 series because they seem to be berettas projects.

Also, the company will they the fault for the weapon to have fired without pulling the trigger is becaue you`re an idiot that shouldn`t had shake the weapon, let it drop, or activate the safety with a bullet down the barrel.

Nobody know who owns CBC (that owns Taurus) So basically it`s a companny that`s not brazilian (was) and it`s fucking my country, our cops, civilians and have a fucking pwoerful lobby. (even gave money to hard core marxists)

>pic related is a gun that had a Fail to feed problem and the cop died while fighting with it.
>For the police these weapons costs like 1k dollars while glocks.. well, even in Brazil they woudl cost less than that

DO NOT GIVE MONEY TO TAURUS (please?, seriously, fuck them)
>>
>>31221603
If you want a lever-action, just find a good Henry.
>>
>>31224764
>get one if you want to get shot in your stomach/leg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9_YWNo1f-o
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.