/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate these?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: duhastmich.jpg (22KB, 535x416px) Image search: [Google]
duhastmich.jpg
22KB, 535x416px
I don't understand!
>>
>>31221384
>Heavy
>Less reliable blowback design
>Poor craftsmanship and ergonomics
>Poor quality materials

It is good for what it is: An extremely cheap pistol for the person who doesn't care about utter reliability / their life
>>
>>31221384
They're murder guns for niggers
>>
Dunno, it's a great pistol, being that it's cheap and won't blow your fucking hand off + one of the best firearm warranties out there. I wouldn't trust my life on it or shoot competitively with it, but still good for poor people and nigglets.
>>
>>31221414
What difference does a couple of ounces make? If they are unreliable why the lifetime warranty? Is it because it throws off aim when you're not used to it? I'd figure heavy means less kick so it'd be easier to aim. Still no understand.
>>31221432
K
>>
>>31221460
You can afford a good warranty program when the guns cost $14 a piece to manufacture
>>
>>31221474
If you dont understand why significantly heavier and significantly bulkier are bad in a handgun then no one can possibly explain this to you fuckhead

With your logic may as well attach lead weights to the barrels of Glocks to mitigate recoil
>>
Save your shekels for a few weeks more for a better, more reliable gun.
>>
>>31221414
>>31221460

Had one for about a year. It fired off .45 acp like it was spitting out .22's and never once jammed or failed to fire. A quality made low cost pistol that was surprisingly accurate.

Oh its straight blowback design means the barrel is fixed and doesn't move at all during firing meaning it will out shoot most designer 1911's with their tilt barrels.
>>
>>31221491
It's like not even ten percent heavier tho, is it? In comparison? Would it not be a good melee weapon too?
>>
>>31221509
>it will out shoot most designer 1911's with their tilt barrels

Poorfags say the darndest things

possibly the dumbest comment Ive read all night congrats
>>
File: image.png (4KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4KB, 200x200px
>>31221384
Other than poorest of the poorfags, buy something else.
>>
I'd argue these are great starter handguns. I've know a couple people who weren't sure if they were really interested in firearms. I've recommended these because they do work and are not expensive. Two of the three have gotten into shooting, and moved on to a Glock and a Sig. The other one found out they weren't interested, but they didn't pay very much, and they have a weapon stashed away in the closet if they ever need it.
>>
>>31221384
I bought one for shits and grins. It had occasional feed issues. The firing pin went to shit after about 500 rounds. Surprisingly accurate.

Honestly the only legitimate reason I can see for owning one would be for someone who needs a pistol but is one a fixed income or some shit. I'm not talking welfare. But maybe a senior who lives off social security.
>>
>>31221384
Good for home defense, after you have shot Jamal and Pedro for trying to break in to your house the cops will confiscate the pistol for "evidence" and never give it back. Its a good through a way pistol.
>>
>>31221414
Hi Points are actually very reliable.
>>
>>31221491
>heavy guns are bad

Polymer fag spotted.
>>
>>31221414
They're actually decently reliable, as long as you make sure the magazines are in spec out of the box, they'll usually stay that way.

They're a bit more sensitive to limpwristing though.

>>31221460
While you can obviously do better for just $100 more, if it was all I had, I'd put trust in it to save my life when it has to.
>>
>>31221509
>>31221518

I won't make any comparisons to any other pistols, or pretend this pistol isn't anything but an absolutele bottom of the barrel gun, but I have one that was given to me 3rd hand as my first gun when I turned 21 for free, so I've got no reason to lie. And no I don't have any sense of rose-tinted nostalgia, I currently own 11 guns of a wild variety.

It's an absolute turd as far as ergonomics goes, but I put about 2000 rounds through a JHP45 with no cleaning and never had a failure of any kind. They're heavy, ugly, shitty to hold, but they work, and they're surprisingly accurate. Trigger is garbage but I feel like maybe the overall mass of the thing and fixed barrel has something to do with that. Basically if you're broke and need SOMETHING, you're better off with a Hi-Point than anything else under $250, plus they have a no questions asked lifetime warranty. I got a part shipped to me and they didn't ask me anything besides the address where to ship the part. Shitposters prolly still gonna reply to me like I said it's better than anything else though, such is /k/
>>
>>31221384
jamal jose tier
>>
>went to LGS
>"so, the hi-point carbines, how are those?"
>everyone rolled their eyes and told me to not even bother
I guess it would be rather awkard if I actually decided to buy the thing in that particular shop in the future, not that there's anything wrong with the gun itself.
>>
>>31221384
half of /k/ hates anything cheap, regardless of whether it works or not.
>>
>>31222725

Fuck what anyone thinks. If you're on a budget you could do much, much worse. They sell the fucking things, so you could always turn that against them if they actually were big enough dicks to try and judge you for buying what they're selling

Dont fall into what strangers think and get socially awkward, you have the money, you control them. Worst case if they get weird enough/be big enough dicks tell them you'll buy what you want somewhere else, that's all there is to it
>>
File: even the commisar knows.jpg (86KB, 450x417px) Image search: [Google]
even the commisar knows.jpg
86KB, 450x417px
>>31221414
>>Heavy
Actually it has the same weight as a Beretta 92
Are you a complete cretin? The blowback system is the simplest and most reliable one.
The quality of the craftmanship is on par with Glock and the ergonomics are even better, it's just that it has more weight above the trigger and the recoil feel is diferent.
>Poor quality materials
Nope, otherwise they wouldn't be even more reliable than Glocks.
>>
>>31221491
>heavy barrel g23 when
>>
>>31222666
>trips of truth

I bought a glock 17 ironically now I kinda want a hi point...
>>
>>31222799
>Nope, otherwise they wouldn't be even more reliable than Glocks.

I'm >>31222790, and they are what they are, and what they are is just fine, but that's a very bold statement to make
>>
File: Brain Problems.jpg (21KB, 291x302px) Image search: [Google]
Brain Problems.jpg
21KB, 291x302px
>>31222799
>The quality of the craftmanship is on par with Glock and the ergonomics are even better
>>
>>31222666
Satanic trips double trips confirm
>>
File: glocknades.jpg (149KB, 473x750px) Image search: [Google]
glocknades.jpg
149KB, 473x750px
>>31222847
Gee i wonder what's that glocknade i keep hearing about and why i never heard something like that about a hipoint....
>>
>>31223153
Becuz the niggas who buy those, can't afford comptas or interwebs to complain on. Cuts into the blunt and maltliquor budget.
>>
>>31222725
They're full of shit, their carbines are their best guns by far, they even have 20rd mags which work now.

Clunky, absolutely, but 20+1rds of any average 9mm HP from a carbine barrel sure as shit isn't worthless.

Put it in an ATI stock too for nicer ergos and more rigid furniture, then you have a long gun which actually isn't too shabby, especially for the cash you put into it, fun plinker too.

>>31222799
>The quality of the craftmanship is on par with Glock
No, no it's not.

The entire design hinges on the whole "we have access to a lot of zinc alloy through local industry, if we make use of it, we can really keep costs down, if we figure out a way to make a gun that's good enough to sell".

They found out a way to make a functioning (and safe) centerfire automatic for as cheap as possible, and it shows, it's a very unconventional design sprung from their circumstances.
The slide is a chunky zinc alloy twinkie casting (giving mass for blowback) with embedded steel plates reinforcing it, then given a coat of cheap (but workable) paint, in place of a proper surface finish.
This works, but it's cheap by design and nothing about it is really like Glock in any way.
>>
>>31223166
Hey Cletus, have you ever heard about a site called worldstarhiphop.com?
Maybe you don't have the money to post every day on the interwebs and shit, you know, with your sister/wife and your inbreds yelling ion your trailer, but the niggas can and do it for almost everything that goes in their empty heads.
>>
>>31222725
If that's whats in your price range, get it. It isn't pretty, and it isn't GOOD, but it isn't bad. It'll work. I had one for a while, and am steering grandma towards one.

>>31223178
If he has the money to fuck around with a new stock, he has the money to wait and buy a cx4. The hipoint is THE stopgap carbine, money should never be invested into it after purchase. All cahs should be going to ammo and a better gun.
>>
>>31223153
There's more Glocks than Hi-Points and I can almost promise that careless handloading or squib loads are responsible for most of those. Early .40 Glocks were especially unsuited for adventurous handloading with their poor chamber support (apparantly hotrodding .40 seemed like it wasn't somehow pointless despite the existence of proper 10mm Glocks).

The Hi-Point is wicked sturdy though, the thicc build lets it eat all the +P you could ever throw at it, which is why you seldom see them kaboom (plus the fact that if you can be bothered to handload, you're probably just going to look for and save for a nicer pistol)
>>
>>31223153
Well for one because people actually take the glock seriously so issues are noteworthy and two because they've sold millions of more glocks for sample size. Anyone seriously defending hipoint as a viable self defense weapon needs to shoot themselves with one immediately.
>>
>>31221384
We don't hate them... We point and laugh at them.
>>
>>31223333
In 2015, Beemiller (Hi Point) sold 93,200 pistols and 43,200 rifles. GLOCK Inc. sold 204,481 pistols and no rifles. This is from industry data, mostly for sales to distributors.

As for numbers made by each company, that is harder, as GLOCK's US production is subcontracted to Burbak Machine and doesn't include imports.

If there was a current issue with the safety of Hi Points, we would know about it by now, as I can only imagine that the media would be ecstatic to report on the "Dangerous Saturday Night Special Assault Handgun."
>>
>>31221384
the carbines are decent for fun/recreation
>>
If it's what you can afford it's what you can afford. Better to have a gun than not and a hi point in your hand will do a lot more than the money you're saving up for a glock when it comes to self defense
>>
>>31221384
It's a modern equivalent of Allan & Thurber pepperbox.
Simple gun for poor people.

I don't hate it.
>>
File: 1386351026842.gif (2MB, 156x117px) Image search: [Google]
1386351026842.gif
2MB, 156x117px
>>31221384
People don't "hate" these. They're ugly as sin and are piss cheap even by nuggetfucker standarts, but unlike some of the shit from Taurus, for example, is more likely to reliably fire than it is to explode. All in all, peestol is fine.
Pic unrelated.
>>
>>31221491
Newton would like to have a word with you.
>>
>>31221414
How is less moving parts less reliable?
>>
>>31222379
This has to be one of the laziest shitposts I've ever seen.
>>
>>31223333
Dub quads checked
>>
>>31221414
>Heavy

The C9 I have really isn't that heavy though
It's heavy for being low capacity though

You have no idea what you're talking about

The craftsmanship is fine
Its the design that's ass, but that is the way of the cheap gun
And the ergonomics are better than a Glock

>Poor quality materials

It's a cheap gun, of course it's cheap
>>
>>31226051
>the design is bad but not the craftsmanship

What looks so bad? I still do not get it. This HAS to be the same as liking Apple products for just being expensive. Only pretentious idiots buy apple that have money to waste. Must be the same with guns.
>>
>>31227172
The Hi-Point is crude by design, what's hard to get about that?

See >>31223178
It's a very simplistic design, which is less than ideal but is made to work.
Nobody makes straight blowback pistols in 9mm or larger, because it's really not an amazing action for these calibers, but if done correctly, it'll work, and Hi-Point makes it work at a low production cost.

Compare it to a Glock 17 or M&P 9
>short recoil operation
>lighter and way better balanced
>not huge
>17rd capacity
>better trigger and better ergos

The Hi-Point is amazing for it's price, and really isn't bad, but any proper short recoil automatic soundly outclasses it.
>>
[nospoilers]I-I think it looks nice and aesthetic[/on/k/]
>>
File: bumble-point.jpg (300KB, 980x684px) Image search: [Google]
bumble-point.jpg
300KB, 980x684px
I own two, ask me anything.
>>
>>31221474

It uses a really awful design called blowback, Ive owned a C9 before. The problem starts here.

The slide is heavy because blowback requires static friction to maintain the slide position.

The recoil spring could be used for a car suspension, because the 9mm is outside the normal range for blowback cartridges.

You can't conceal carry a 3 pound pistol.

PLASTIC

THAT SCREW IN THE GRIP

ATHESTICS EW
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.