[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 20160904_211349.jpg (4MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160904_211349.jpg
4MB, 4128x2322px
Can we do one of these? I got a $30 Boafeng and tonight I found a local repeater with real humans on it.

The local PD is in phase II which I guess is digital and this radio won't pick that up. Lame! How much is a digital scanner?
>>
Bump. Got a Baofeng too and need to know the next step. Having a hard time finding local frequencies.
>>
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/

A pretty good place to find frequencies.
>>
I hope you have the programming cable. If so, look up videos on YouTube. Find local repeaters, ems, fire, and whatever other channels you wish to listen to. I also programmed some gmrs, frs, and murs channels into mine for short range coms and so I can scan the channels and see who's saying what around my immediate area. I programmed all repeaters in my county. It's pretty fun to just chill and listen to em. Can't wait to get to my tech license so I can chat with a few other hams
>>
Digital scanners cost quite a bit of money. The cheapest one I could find is around 300. And even then some police stations are doing even more to try and not get their transmissions heard
>>
>>31223057
Well shit. I probably won't put that sort of money into it. I guess it makes sense for them to be a bit more secure.

>>31222288
I dont have the cable and it's not too bad to program channels. One thing that is strange is you cannot save channels to memory while receiving. So for like the NOAA I literally took the antenna off because they never stop xmitting. Otherwise the only thing I'm missing out on is the ability to name channels.
>>
No point buying a digital scanner, if cops are using digital comms they're probably encrypted too.
>>
>>31224460
Amazon has a programming cable. I lost mine and picked one up for like 2 bucks.

You should look into your tech license. You legally can't transmit on the baofeng without it. But not like anyone gives a shit...
>>
I got one of those, fucking useless. Picked up a few local channels but the very definition of boring is to listen to the local hams chat. God damn excrutiating. Local PD's are streaming online so I just pipe that through the speakers when I want to listen.
>>
>>31224614
Yeah I may do that actually of only to say hi and not be a creeper.

So I keep finding frequencies that are just constant static. Or intermittent static. What is that? Is it cosmic rays or what?
>>
>>31224661
Baofeng has a shitty squelch so while scanning it'll pick all sorts of shit up. Power lines, lights, etc... Digital comms also will picked up but thru your radio it will sound similar to static but more like that weird dialup connection sound.
>>
>>31224556
Except for the part where it's illegal for cops to use encryption on their comms in the US.
>>
Is there anything this CAN'T communicate with?

http://www.motorolasolutions.com/en_us/products/two-way-radios/project-25-radios/portable-radios/apx-8000xe.html#tabproductinfo

Besides my paycheck ...
>>
>>31224702
No, it's not. Most departments don't use encryption for everything but a lot of the bigger ones have encrypted tactical channels.
>>
>>31224460
I would definitely buy the cable man. Like the other anon said it's only 2 or 3 bucks and has free shipping. Makes it a million times easier to program and change settings. Being able to name channels is the shit cause then when you're scanning you know which channel you just picked someone up on more easily. And you can choose to skip certain channels like for the weather channel I have it to where it skips it while scanning.
>>
File: SHTF_Freq_List_0.png (616KB, 900x1136px) Image search: [Google]
SHTF_Freq_List_0.png
616KB, 900x1136px
>>31226052
Actually was thinking I need that today since, thanks to >>31224700 I know know that some freqs are friken lighbulbs lol. Ok I'm sold on the programming cable. I found this too and going to make sense of it later tonight
>>
>>31219041
Don't get a scanner just get this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GDN1T4S

Much cheaper and easier to use. Get this, hook it up to a computer and download SDR#. You can get almost any freq (from 25MHz to 1.7GHz I believe.
>>
>>31224702
>>31225135
the tac channels can be ciphered but the main channels need to be interoperable with other agencies
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.