[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Attack on Aegis video

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: aegis zakrivljeno more primjer.jpg (18KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
aegis zakrivljeno more primjer.jpg
18KB, 640x360px
I've made another weapon system analysis video, this time about Aegis ship being attacked. Feel free to tell all good and bad about it.

[URL="https://youtu.be/ZcwDfaY4OW4"]Attack on Aegis[/URL]
>>
File: 1466447132139.jpg (117KB, 1584x638px) Image search: [Google]
1466447132139.jpg
117KB, 1584x638px
This is great, exactly what I've been looking for in how to show Aegis works.

Thanks for making this, its going to be a great tool.
>>
well, I am glad I could help! :)
>>
>>31216415

Are you considering making a video on F35s?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtZNBkKdO5U (the guy who runs this channel also posts here, so he'd be able to give you answers to any question you'd have)
>>
>>31216373

An underwater torpedo launcher? What is this?
>>
The only detail I would add is pointing out that ESSM are semi-active homing which is why they need illuminators.
>>
>>31216303

Loving your channel. Quite fair and even handed.

Especially loving the mass internet Rafale fanbase flipping out in the comments over the (quite accurate) distinction of the Typhoons air-to-air ability, I thought it was a very fair result to say draw, for the advantages on either side.

Learned a bit about Aegis from this too. Cheers!
>>
>>31216547
>The only detail I would add is pointing out that ESSM are semi-active homing which is why they need illuminators.
And that SM-6s may be directed by AWACS and are fully active.
>>
>>31216564
In this case I think the scenario was a single Burke being fired upon. The SM-6 wouldn't be particularly useful here.

A CSG would be pretty difficult to model as it has many layers of defense.
>>
File: fph6M3Q.png (18KB, 1034x87px) Image search: [Google]
fph6M3Q.png
18KB, 1034x87px
>>31216559
>Especially loving the mass internet Rafale fanbase flipping out in the comments over the (quite accurate) distinction of the Typhoons air-to-air ability, I thought it was a very fair result to say draw, for the advantages on either side.

Lol same, but when will this meme die?
>>
>>31216303
Great job OP. Didn't really care much about aegis before now. My curiosity is piqued...
>>
Mix the music up more, like find longer songs that take longer to loop back over. That's just my opinion. If you want some like battle type music, check out Ace Combat' games soundtracks.
>>
>>31216547
ESSM Block 2 can't get here fast enough.
>>
>>31216672
Some said lower the music volume, some want it louder... hard to please everyone. I will feature new music though, that's a good idea.
>>
>>31216776
Yeah, volume seems ok. It's just it seems to loop around quickly
>>
Love how the US floats 84 of the 103 Aegis boats in the world.
>>
>>31216303

I'd love to see one of these about different kinds of fire control systems, such as the PAAMS, when the ship uses all active-seeking missiles instead.

Just simply to see how the illustrated changes are visually. Getting their engagement protocols side by side would be really neat.

Great that you can do these "country on country" videos with such factual basis too. I noticed a feeeew inaccuracies in your British summary, but nothing enormously major, especially not in that precise setting (The number of currently known active tanks being 287, not 227 for example, GMLRS at 50, instead of 42). Storm Shadow/SCALP stockpiles for the UK and France are a lot lower than 900 and 500 now, something more like 500 and 100 these days.

Like I said, nothing enormous or gamebreaking to rage out about, and I can 100% appreciate how difficult it must be to track all these numbers from varied sources that are constantly updating, even while making a video. The fact you get it so accurate overall is absolutely fantastic. Here's to more!
>>
>>31216303
damn that was nice
>>
when aegis is replaced or obsolete what the hell is the replacement going to be named? Aegis is a pretty 5/5 stars name.
>>
>>31217042
Aegis Block II
>>
>>31217042

Phalanx? Oh..wait.

Shieldwall? Too archaic.

Praetorian? Too long, already used by Eurofighter.

Centurion? Already used by Chemring.

Uuh..Targe? Sounds crap.

Pavise?
>>
>>31217042
>service extended into the 22nd century because the brass thinks the name is cool

Fuck I can see it happening.
>>
>>31216303
Really cool video, thanks
>>
File: battle_falkirk_2.jpg (113KB, 504x350px) Image search: [Google]
battle_falkirk_2.jpg
113KB, 504x350px
>>31217079
How about Schiltron?
>>
>>31217114
We've been doing that forever.

The current Sidewinder for instance is literally a completely different missile from the original. The name is great though.
>>
>>31216838
with more on the way too
>>
>>31217079
Testudo
>>
>>31217138

Not bad. Not bad at all.

Royal Navy should totally pick that name up someday for something similar. "Sea Viper" for PAAMS is cool, but doesn't quite have the same "single cool word" factor.

Maybe whatever succeeds PAAMS.
>>
>>31216534
i guess it is to say subs "fugg off i can has too"
>>
>>31217149
Tetsuo
>>
>>31217052
this is the most likely outcome.
we all know the imaginative and creative nature of military minds.
>>
>>31217175
KANEDAAAA
>>
>>31217114
>hundreds of years in the future, America's space warships are equipped with Aegis Block XXXIV systems
>>
>>31216303
Nice video
>>
>>31216619
Never.
>>
>>31216373
I love how every new CGI boat design has the MANTIS CIWS these days (if they're western that is).
>>
>>31217052
>>31217114
>>31217194
Fucking kek

>Canada's version becomes "Beaver Dam"
>>
Hey man I like the content you're putting out, hope to see your channel grow large over the next few months. I'll share these with people who would be interested.
>>
>>31217555
Does Canada have Aegis?
>>
>>31217138
Will the carrier be called Metatron? and the SDN Megatron?
>>
>>31216303
The British pull their 'unactive tanks' out for exercise all the time, they just have x many driving around at a time. For example if there are 50 out somewhere and the storage ones are closer they just use those with zero qualms about it.

vastly different to pre-soviet rust yards ect
>>
>>31218010
Canada doesn't even have a navy.
>>
>>31217042
>when aegis is replaced or obsolete what the hell is the replacement going to be named? Aegis is a pretty 5/5 stars name.

Aegis II
>>
>>31216303
I liked the video; it'd be neat to see you include / talk about NIFA-CA (Naval Integrated Fire Control-Counter Air), but that is somewhat of a separate system and as you infer, there are various other similar facets and factors that complicate things.

>>31216457
Including in this thread, although I wouldn't want to derail it.
>>
>>31216303
So would this scenario essentially be a worst-case scenario (besides ballistic missile strikes on a non-BMD capable Burke)? As in an Aegis ship being taken completely by surprise with mass launches with no support.
>>
>>31216609

SM-6 would still have a great use, because they are active radar homing and can datalink back to the burke.

If the Burke's radar warning indicates a likely possible attack direction, you can throw some SM-6's that way to probe for enemy contacts.
>>
>>31217194
SLDF Aegis-class cruiser.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.