[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lemon Gun Story Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11

File: a.jpg (90KB, 450x230px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
90KB, 450x230px
I've bought and sold probably a couple hundred guns now. Most have been used but many have been new too.

One thing that never fails, no matter how diligent I am, I end up buying a lemon every now and then. Most are easy and free/cheap to fix...and it's obvious that somebody sold it because they were just dumb.

Other times, the music stops and you are the one without a chair. God, I hate that.

What's your story? How'd you dump it? Did you get your money back?
>>
>>31215225

Pawn shop. Bought a shitty Tec 9 from a dealer. Jamming issues. Came with factory case and five magazines and some other rare factory accessories. Paid $300 for the set.

Pawn shop gave me $350 for the gun itself with one magazine. Sold the accessories for another $200+. Turned out okay on that one.

If it's a really cheapo gun, like a single shot shotgun, buybacks are a good way to discard of 'em. Get you $100 if the parts value isn't there, though many parts will sell for decent money on eBay. Some NEF barrels will go for $100+ by themselves.
>>
>>31215225

So, I'll start with my recent one...

>Me yesterday.
>Take a cruise up to the mountains, going to hit up some of my favorite spots since I have not been there in about a year.
>Small coal mining town in PA, sporting goods shop on main street. Usually pretty chill place but it's mobbed due to a beer festival and the NY/NJ cucks are mobbing it like fucking spring break at the nightclub.
>Do a quick fly by of the counter and then slowly start combing through. Just about to leave when I see a couple milled Yugo M70 underfolders in the corner. American Tactical...OK. They look and feel nice and for $700 are not a bad deal. Really smooth bolts.
>Pretty clerk was helping me with it, I was teasing her and making her laugh.
>John Rambo comes over and cock blocks. He starts schooling me why I should buy it and how great AKs are. Guy dosent know anything about Yugos, only has 1 Wasr of his own and a couple shitty parts kits. Deer in the headlights look when I start explaining differences in receiver thicknesses, Yugo/standard AKM parts, reloading steel case ammo, Russian/Warsaw Pact optics, M43 vs M67 projectiles, etc.
>The first one had a loose stock but the second was tight. Brand new, military parts and not a commercial. I haggle and beat them down a little...tell them to keep the shitty Tapco mag.
>Guy rings me up, shitty attitude detected. I call him out on his bad math and he rings me up again.
>Escaped with a shit eating grin on my face...got a pretty good deal.
>Got home last night and found that none of my Romanian/Polish/Bulgarian mags or Korean drums fit right. So much end to end play in the magwell that I could press on the front of the mag and it would just pull out. PISSED.
>Fuck the warranty, not going to send it back blind hoping for some monkey to fix it right.
>Wake up this morning, drive all the way up there. Nothing in store about no returns and I just so happen to get stuck with the same guy. Fuck me sometimes, seriously...

To be continued...
>>
>>31215544

>Well, guess I'm outta luck. Guy proceeds to run K:\noreturns.exe /fuckyouiwon /youcan'tharmme The guy gets pleasure out of telling me that I can't return it. He proceeds to tell me gleefully that I need to use the Tapco mags with the rifle, that's why it was issued with one. He blows me off and walks down the counter to help someone else.
>I calmly walk away and go outside...time for plan B.
>Open the trunk of my car and pull out 5 greasy Polish magazines and walk into the store with the rifle. Place the gun down on the counter and dump the mags too. Probably 20 people at the gun counter.
>Make a huge greasy mess all over the glass from the cosmoline leaking because of my hot car. Take a bit on my hands and start streaking the glass while I look for another clerk.
>I immediately proceeded to lament about how bad the gun functions. New clerk was in wonder about how easy the mags came out but tried to prove me wrong with other AKs. Couldn't. Explains that I should try to shoot it first and that I ain't getting my money back.
>Meanwhile, I'm raising my voice and everyone at the counter hears what is going on. People looking, etc. Most people would be too embarrassed but I ain't going down without a fight.
>Manager comes out. They cave a little and offer to send it to a gunsmith. I flat out refuse and counter with the threat of a card chargeback. I'm starting to get mad now

To be continued...
>>
>>31215843
Hurry up nigga
>>
>>31215843

>They offer the other gun with the busted stock. NO. They offer to order another. NO. They tell me to get it welded. FUCK NO.
>Not sure why they were being so hard about it. I have bought a dozen guns there before and told them that. One thing is sure, they lost my business. I told them that, everyone was in earshot.
>Only due to the pressure, they decide to refund my $700 plus tax.
>I even had to fight for the money from the background check. Jesus christ.
>I drove away and probably will never go back. I almost got burned pretty bad...going to stick to the hardware store by my house from now on.

In 10 years of buying guns, I've never dealt with people this bad. Really makes you appreciate the honest and upstanding guys.
>>
>>31215289

I once bought an Erma 22 pistol like this. It was such a jam sandwich and had serious issues. Never saw so many case splits and bulges in my live.

Dumped it on Gunbroker and made $100.
>>
File: 1471302452419.jpg (25KB, 228x233px) Image search: [Google]
1471302452419.jpg
25KB, 228x233px
>>31215225
>Sold a shitty Remington 1911 on armslist.
>Had feeding issues, would tear up mags because release was fucked, and the rear sights keep falling off.
>Looked mint on the outside though.
>Meet guy at place of his choosing.
>Some hipster looking motherfucker. Admits that this is only his second gun and first pistol.
>Sell it without any issue for $600.
>Get angry email a week later about how the gun catastrophically failed.
>Block his email address.
>Nothing personnel kid.
>>
bought a ww2 walther flare gun for $40 at an antique show that was obviously broken, wouldn't lock closed. took it all apart, cut a replacement linkage bar and now have a very nice flare pistol for the collection that cost around $200 less than it should have.
>>
bought a Century H&K 91 clone, worst mistake ever. paid $600 for it and it would constantly jam, being that I like to tinker with things I started trying different mags, tried different rollers, bolt and carrier, stock, springs and on until I finally found the problem: century had welded the trunnion in crooked, the damn thing was canted at least 10 degrees off center so I sold it to a dealer for $500, thankfully I was able to get rid of the parts I bought for a profit but those things are nightmares, I have since tended to notice them at the range and every time I see one it is the same damn thing jamtastic crap that is lucky to fire 2 shots in row.
>>
>>31215225
Glock 19 gen 4. I put a few thousand rounds through it and during that time I had a ton of FTEs. Return to Glock three times and it was still pooping shells on my hand. I sold it and got a USPc.
>>
>>31215225
>brother looks at Miroku .38 revolver for $150
>meets with the guy, handles it, locks up solid and he really likes the trigger
>asks if anything's wrong with it
>"No, it shoots great!"
>bro buys it and takes it to the range
>gun only fires 1/4 of the time in double action, though single action functions properly
>keyholes any and all ammo at 5 yards
>bro is pissed and tries to contact the guy, no response
>sells it a week later with full disclosure for the same price he paid for it

If you're already selling a gun for dirt cheap why not disclose if it's fucked?
>>
>Universal M1 carbine
>$200, I think
>Someone WELDED the gas tappet solid
>Used it as a bolt action then dumped it to a pawn shop.
Then
>Chink SKS $75 back in the '90s
>Cracked receiver
>Broke it down for parts
>>
>at LGS
>see .50 BMG rifle on the wall
>$1000 brand new
>"Wow what a deal!"
>buy it and some Federal .50 BMG
>take it to the range to sight it in
>load it and fire one shot
>rifle explodes, blows off two of my fingers, takes an eye, and the bolt goes through my neck
>I'm so glad I saved $4000 by buying a Vulcan over a Steyr
>>
>>31216364
>cease fire cease fire. Get towels
>>
>>31215225
No4 mk1 with a broken extractor for $300 and a 1903a1 that was very hard to close for $700. If i had noticed either before i bought them, i wouldve talked them down further.
>>
>2007
>buy Remington
>it doesn't work
>2008
>buy Marlin
>it doesn't work
>2009
>buy another Remington
>it doesn't work
>2010
>buy an ACR
>it doesn't work
>2011
>buy an H&R
>it doesn't work
>2012
>buy a Para
>it doesn't work
>don't buy any Freedom Group garbage in 2013
>???
>profit
>2014
>buy an R51
>you can guess how that turned out
>2015
>give up and pretend FG doesn't exist anymore
>>
>>31216507
>buy milsurp
>has been working for 70+ years
>>
>>31216080
I may just be taking the bait here but if you actually did this you are a fucking piece of shit.
>>
>>31216523
This.
>>
I had an arsenal SLR that went back to Las Vegas 3 times for Fail to Feed issues. Davidsons has a pretty good return policy for lemons.
>>
>Went to indoor range couple of towns over when I was younger and first getting into guns
>Had a Century Golani up on the wall. Was pretty neat to look at
>Come back to the place a few years later Golani still there
>Turns out it had been stolen in a break in and just recently was returned by police
>Intrigued by the story and neatness of having a Galil clone I took the plunge
>Didn't consider what years of sitting in an evidence locker could do, or the just general shittiness of the builds on those rifles
>Get it out the next day
>Completely non functional and barrel is a corroded sewer pipe
>Fuck.jpg
>Decide to dirty dog one of the large dealers in my area
>After a small haggle traded straight across for a C-93 and actually made about $100 profit
>Obviously didn't bring up the totally fucked state of the rifle
Felt a little low but I'm not complaining. C-93 ran great for the couple years that I had it, mags were pricey though and I recently traded it straight across for a brand new C-308 and again made about $150 in profit so in all that was actually probably one of my better purchases. I've been burned with bad barrels a lot over the years for some reason so now I never seriously consider buying anything without METICULOUSLY inspecting the bore. Even if it's brand new.
>>
File: 1470368010080.gif (581KB, 300x297px) Image search: [Google]
1470368010080.gif
581KB, 300x297px
>>31216584
His fault for not inspecting it. I gave him the chance to and I would have also haggled. Faggot took one look at it and was like "Yuh".
>>
I once bought a snub nosed S&W model 36 in .38 spl circa 1972-73. Beautiful condition, blueing was prestine. Had a sick ass trigger job. $307.00 out the door. Good deal.

Bring it to the range. Double action you have to pull the trigger about 7-8 times to have the pistol fire 5 times......

Single action trigger is so sick it's ridiculous.

Figure it is what it is, and I'll just shoot it single action need be. Honestly don't even like .38spl and will end up selling to someone eventually.

Shouldve bought a .357
>>
>>31216364
just looked up the video. what the fuck happened there?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKcHZWCK9fE
>>
>>31216943
If I remember correctly Vulcans "50 cal" rifles were chambered in 12.7mm not 50bmg which would fit but would go bang in your hands/face.
>>
>>31216943
I combined two different incidents. From what I remember both guys took bolts in the neck/shoulder area, one lost a finger or two, and the other lost an eye.

So yeah this has happened at least twice.

> what the fuck happened there?

An absolute bottom-barrel manufacturer that keeps changing their name to escape the reputation they build for themselves (Hesse / Vulcan / Blackthorne / etc) decided it was a good idea to use their legendarily poor manufacturing skills to make a rifle in the most powerful cartridge commercially available, and a few idiots bought them, not thinking anything was fishy about a brand new .50 BMG rifle for 1/5 the price of a comparable rifle from a reputable brand.
>>
>>31216961
What the hell are you talking about? .50 BMG is the American name for the 12.7x99mm NATO. They're the same cartridge.
>>
File: image.jpg (249KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
249KB, 1280x960px
A lot of people bitched that theirs would jam. I never had a problem.
Pic related
1/?
>>
File: image.jpg (241KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
241KB, 1280x960px
It was one of the more accurate 22 handguns I ever owned.
Pic 2/?
>>
>>31216004
Not sure if this is bait, but if you smeared cosmoline all over my store I'd beat the shit out of you.
>>
File: oops.jpg (109KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
oops.jpg
109KB, 960x540px
toasting my old oc

>buy garand from cabellas
>has bad headspace
>little explosion at range
>take it back to cabellas, they promise to sort it out
>receive it
>pic related
>get money back

Never had an issue with another gun again.
>>
Thanks for reminding me never to buy guns second hand.
Worse than buying a car off craigslist.
>>
File: image.jpg (389KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
389KB, 960x1280px
Sig was nice enough to replace the slide
But now I'm afraid it will break again
3/4
>>
>>31217012
Maybe he thought 12.7 was for 12.7x108
>>
File: 1456595394552.jpg (14KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1456595394552.jpg
14KB, 250x250px
>>31217078
Fuck that's painful to see
>>
File: image.jpg (340KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
340KB, 960x1280px
Another picture
>>
>>31217033
>>31217062
>>31217155
>>31217184
Just FYI, this is by no means an isolated case. I've fired a Mosquito before and like you had no problems, it was very reliable (I only used Mini-Mags), but seeing slides fall apart like this over and over has stopped me from buying my own. Now SIG's discontinued them completely.

Your new slide will almost definitely do the same thing with enough use, but there's no guarantee SIG will replace it again. How many rounds did you put through your first one before it shit out?
>>
>>31216004
all that time wasted just to read that youre a bitch. inspect the fuckers before you buy instead of trying to trick that bitch that you can get an erection.
>>
File: fuck yo eyes niggah.jpg (67KB, 1024x678px) Image search: [Google]
fuck yo eyes niggah.jpg
67KB, 1024x678px
>>31217078
I've gotten really lazy on wearing eyepro as of late, thanks for the kick in the ass.
>>
>>31216172
>muh glawk perfection
>>
>>31216172
Was this in 2010 when the Gen 4 first came out? If so, Glock Inc. thanks you for being a beta tester.
>>
>>31217215

Point taken.

What fucked me was that they did not have any standard combloc mags in the store let alone in the gun. The plastic mag fit OK but they are mushy and often oversized to reduce wobble. I have handled dozens of AKs and never realized how bad the forward and back fitting could be...you always hear about just the side to side. It was actually pretty comical when I compared it to the others I have at home.

Eh, lesson learned.
>>
>>31216760

Try tightening the small screw in front of the grip...its called the strain screw. It presses on the mainspring to increase tension...may also explain the trigger.

I bought my 629 cheap and in 3 minutes it was fixed. They just come loose. This is a common S&W revolver issue.
>>
>>31216760
>Trigger job
>"Trigger job" makes the gun nonfunctional DA and dangerous SA
That's called they fucked up a trigger job, not a trigger job. Always test a used revolver, especially one someone fucked with, by pressing on the back of the hammer with it cocked. If it drops that means bubba filed down the sear too fucking much and ruined it.
>>
File: 1464287108757.jpg (13KB, 458x418px) Image search: [Google]
1464287108757.jpg
13KB, 458x418px
>>31216662
People who knowingly sell garbage are garbage. How you act represents who you are.
>>
>>31217247
I got a Glock 19 gen 4 this year. Austrian. Have been getting FTFs especially with PMC brass FMJ. Probably need to take it back to Glock but I kind of just want to get a Gen 3 instead and see if that fixes it.

>inb4 limpwristing, it isn't, I've been shooting pistols for years without any such problems
>>
>>31218208
Was it new or used? What's the date on the fired casing in the box?

I've had a bunch of Gen 4 9mm Glocks, including two 19s, and have never had a problem with ejection. If I remember correctly they finally unfucked them ~2012. All my guns were made 2013 or later. That's not to say they don't still let some fuckups slip through QC though.
>>
>>31216162
Was it the CETME sporter? I've got one and it's an older import. From my research, the majority of the CETME spotters are lemons but mine works great. Only shoot dirty Wolf out of it and aside from being a cunt to clean it's never had an issue
>>
>>31216004
You're a compete utter faggot.

One more trip blocked.
Csmoline guise!
>>
>>31218810
>trip
>no tripcode
>>
>>31217078
headspace gauges are your friend.
>>
>>31218237
New gun, I think. I can find out the fired casing in a bit though (I think).
>>
>>31219632
>>31218237
Er, "new gun, I can fired out the fired casing in a bit though, I think".

Don't know how that post says what it does, I swear I didn't use the parenthesis keys in writing it...
>>
>>31215225
Bought an SCCY and the trigger snapped off within the first 5 shots. Sold it privately after they refused to give me a refund. Some trucker dude bought it for his daughter. Poor girl probably got raped trying to defend herself with it.

Bought a glock 19 and it kept FTF and FTEing. Went through about 5 mags and it kept doing this shit. No it was not limp wristing. Sold it to some seemingly autistic cargo shorts enthusiast who "collects glocks."
>>
>>31219754
Oh, and SCCY fixed the pistol before I sold it. They told me they were giving me a refund when I sent it in and suddenly it shows back up at my door. I'm like wtf so I called them and spoke to some retarded Floridian who insisted I never asked for a refund. Fucking assholes.
>>
P95 for like 350; JUNK, had to shave the ramp and have to grease it; sad because it was my only Ruger buy and am scared to ever buy another; but it works like a charm as long as I don't use factory mags and use grease instead of oil
>>
>had to sell my mossberg 500 to cover bills
>later on, back on my feet again, looking to get a shotgun again
>head to cabela's because I don't know of any actual gun stores in my area
>find a J.C. Higgins 12ga bolt-action
>$110 bucks, su5re why not
>only find out about the recall after I get home
>conflicting info, some say it'll kB, some say it'll fling the bolt into your eye, some say it's functionally fine but if you lose/break the retaining screw you can smack yourself in the face when working the bolt
>don't really want to gamble on shooting it
>>
I bought a Jennings 25 ACP from a guy at a flea market once. I was thinking "shit this has to be worth $40".

Protip: they suck even at $40.
>>
>>31220023
i have one and it's fine, but i have heard stories of the bolt flying out the back both in person and online. i keep a clear path behind it when i shoot.
>>
>>31216662
>>31216080
Good job at making sure someone that wanted to get into guns would no longer want to. Do you treat everyone like that? Go fucking kill yourself.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.