[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lebanese Civil War

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (309KB, 637x358px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
309KB, 637x358px
What can you tell me about it /k/? I never see it discussed here. It seems pretty rad
>>
Studying the Lebanese Civil War is exactly where I realized that Shiites were the real cancer of the middle east.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 300x309px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 300x309px
>>31214959
Elaborate anon
>>
>>31214902
>tfw anon slowly come to the realization that all middle easterners are varying degrees of scum
>>
>>31215086
>tfw anon slowly come to the realization that all muslims are varying degrees of scum
FTFY.

Not even being that much of a douche, I honestly believe the middle east and most of the arab world was way better off without islam. and would still be significantly better today if they stayed pagan or were christian instead etc.
>>
File: syrian corporal beirut 1982.jpg (337KB, 976x1600px) Image search: [Google]
syrian corporal beirut 1982.jpg
337KB, 976x1600px
>>31215086
He is right. The Lebanese civil wars is giant episode of "everyone is a dick". And the proof that any nation with too many diverse ethnic/religious groups and no strong central government is doomed to explode.

Before the war, Lebanon was more of a set of different groups doing their own stuff under the same flag, and with a weak national government. To worsen things up, the Maronites, sunnis, shias and others are further divided among themselves.

For example, the christian maronites that are ruled by some mafia-like families, the most important being the Gemayel family, that founded the Kataeb Party/Phalange. The Gemayel's would find out later in the war, that the best way to unify all christian militia was assassinating the leaders and members of the other families.
>>
>>31214902
what i read about made it sound like what happens when one group vehemently hates the another and gets the democratic majority
>>
All of my uncles fought in the war. Some for the Kataeb, some for the army, what do you want to know?
>>
In 5-7 years from now every major european city will turn into 1980s Beirut.
>>
>>31215646
As the son of a Lebanese mother who lived through the war, people dont realize how eerily similar both situations are as far as refugees are concerned.
>>
>>31215557
The only group in the Lebanese civil war that was not so fucked up and a bunch of assholes, not so much, was the druze militias. They basically sat on their mountains and shooted everybody that got near.

And the worst of all groups will always be the PLO. The guys simply stole the southern part of the country for themselves, pillaging, raping and killing, and when Israel entered the country, the majority of the PLO "officers" took all the cash they could and ran away, leaving their subordinates to die.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.