[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Firearm Statistics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: 1459916711177.png (232KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1459916711177.png
232KB, 480x360px
http://www.armedwithreason.com/

Guys, where can I find empirical studies to counter the claims made from this website? Gunfacts.org, gunownersofamerica, justfacts.org, cato institute, etc. just don't hold up when I do my due diligence. Where should I get my data from, /k/?
>>
FBI uniform crime report. The most recent one shows that deaths by firearms are around 40,000 per year, with the majority of those being suicides. Remove the suicides and the vast majority of what's left is criminal on criminal. Legally owned guns then, can be seen to account for such a low amount of deaths as to be statistically irrelevant.
>>
>>31211109
That doesn't necessarily mean that the firearms were illegally obtained
>>
File: 1472684314403.png (1MB, 1011x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1472684314403.png
1MB, 1011x1200px
>>31211109
What he said. Pic Related.
>>
>>31211092
Examine the shootings by acquaintances category. See what percentage can be broken out as gang related or failed drug deals. I'm smelling a certain degree of intellectual dishonesty in how the stats are presented.

Your link also handwaves a number of issues as irrelevant or demagoguery, or even sheriffs being irresponsible.
>>
Okay, the dude in the OP pic used to be on TV shows on the Military Channel and History Channel before they went to shit, talking about Greek Fire and Mausers and all that. There was a Jewish fella, too. What was the Jewish guy's name? I heard he came out as MtF and transitioned, but I can't find any info to confirm it because I can't remember the guy's name.
>>
>>31211092
It's just a good, solid, tank.
>>
>>31211379
Aryeh (Lynette) Nusbacher.
>>
>>31211433
Thanks. She influenced so much of my childhood, honestly. I hope she's happier now that she's transitioned. I know gender dysphoria is a major pain in the ass.
>>
>>31211446
>he wants to fuck her
>>
>>31211463
Nah, I'm into men. She's just cool.
>>
>>31211469
Bullshit, you'd hit that with
>more tanks than GOD
>>
>>31211092
You know, if the data you can find says one thing, and you can't find the data stating the opposite...
>>
>>31211479
Nah, really. I'm into hairy, burly dudes. I'm a femboy twink type dude. Good solid tank dude is closer to my preference than Lynette, honestly.
>>
They do nothing but parrot the work of Hemenway. Calling it the "gold standard." Always on about
>muh false positives
even though they don't consider that what is considered a valid DGU is subjective and not as straight forward as the "yes or no" results of a test for cancer.

They also just repeat critics of Lott, but Lott is a dipshit and I have no shitting clue why the gun community likes him so that's okay I suppose.
>>
>>31211298
If only had sources and links then it would be gold.
>>
>>31211571
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf
>>
>Study comes out linking gun ownership to higher suicide rates, deaths in the househould, accidental discharge, lack of actual use, more guns end up being stolen than used to defend against burglaries, Australia, etc.
>B-but muh flawed methodlogy. N-no one wants to answer surveys because they think the government is going to take away their guns

Guys, how do we counter all these studies done by academics without sounding like a bunch of idiots? We know we're right, but we can't prove it.
>>
>>31214176

If we go down this road, I'm going to spend far more time addressing your points and pulling data than you did, because you obviously didn't even read the site linked to point out individual studies.

So, before I wasted my afternoon, which of those studies you mentioned would you like to discuss?
>>
>>31214176
>guns are stolen
Use that against them
Let them see the fallacy of gun control right there
>>
>>31214247
Where do babies come from?

Serious answers only plz.
>>
File: 1417503167487.png (26KB, 527x409px) Image search: [Google]
1417503167487.png
26KB, 527x409px
>>31211271
Depends on what you mean by "illegally obtained." If you mean smuggled from other countries, yeah. That's relatively uncommon and only accounts for a small portion of criminal firearms. If you mean stolen and straw purchase guns, then those are the majority of firearms used in commission of felonies (if I recall). So the whole thing with a straw purchase is that someone who has a clean record (i.e. their grandmother, aunt, cousin, etc.) goes and buys a firearm in lieu of a felon. This is illegal and when you're buying a firearm, you're supposed to state that "I'm buying this for myself" and the BATFE form makes it clear that buying weapons for criminals, and storing them where felons can easily access them, is against the law.

It's worth noting that guns aren't stolen only from private citizens. Thieves also target storefronts and law enforcement vehicles.

The hilarious shit is that you would probably quote the whole "guns in the home are five times as likely to be used against a homeowner or their family as against a criminal" canard despite there being no solid leg for that to stand on. The reason? The 'credible' guys like the NYT and certain people in the CDC occasionally repeat it.

As far as the typical murder-suicide or similar situation, those usually involve legal firearms. But these aren't the majority of firearm deaths.
>>
File: 1472974884405.png (1MB, 1011x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1472974884405.png
1MB, 1011x1200px
>>31211298
>>31211590
Made it better
>>
>>31214950
Doing gods work, anon. Saved.
>>
>>31214950

I'd also include the bit where the CDC report on drunk driving showed that, compared to all rifle homicides, 2 times as many people a year are killed by a drunk driver in another car. If you include passengers in the drunk drivers vehicle, it's 4 times.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.